Easiest Switch shmup to 1CC

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
RetroDaz

Easiest Switch shmup to 1CC

Post by RetroDaz »

Hi all,
I’d like to make some progress with my Switch physical shmup collection. Does anyone have a good recommendations. I’ve got most of them (I think).
RobotParking

Re: Easiest Switch shmup to 1CC

Post by RobotParking »

Deathsmiles, probably. Maybe Espgaluda II?
Steven

Post by Steven »

Any M2 Super Easy mode or Thunder Force AC.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

GG Aleste
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

There's loads of little indie games that you can breeze through if you're looking to just fill up your 1CC list.

Graze Counter GM
Hazelnut Hex
Space Moth
Like Dreamer
Strato Fighter
Z-Warp
Mecha Ritz
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
RetroDaz

Post by RetroDaz »

Rastan78 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:15 pmGG Aleste
Is that the new one M2 made?
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

RetroDaz wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:32 pm
Is that the new one M2 made?
No, they made GG Aleste 3, but I’d second these as possibly the easiest games (in original hardware mode) you can find.
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

The Terarin games are on the easier side.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Creamy Goodness wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:13 pm The Terarin games are on the easier side.
One of these. Thunder Force AC is really easy too.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

This is way easier than stuff like Deathsmiles or Thunderforce AC, those were both arcade games. You'll probably 1CC the first GG Aleste in the first couple of times you play it.
beer gas canister

Post by beer gas canister »

Mecha Ritz is a really relaxed clear. Mind your rank and it can be easy
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

RobotParking wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:07 pmEspgaluda II?
??
NuclearPotato

Post by NuclearPotato »

I presume they mean Novice mode, which is very easy to clear, compared to the main game, which decidedly is not.

Deathsmiles I+II is probably a good first choice for easy arcade clears, but nthing the GG Aleste games as the easiest on the Switch.
Sengoku Strider

NuclearPotato wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:46 pm but nthing the GG Aleste games as the easiest on the Switch.
Specifically, it's just the first one that was braindead easy, it was an early Game Gear game and they were designing toward younger players on a blurry screen, and didn't know how far they could push things. GG Aleste II is still an easy game by shmup standards but it can at least put up a fight in the later stages, especially if you're not crutching the flame weapon (also, getting the gold trophy for those After Burner style bonus stages is tricky). GG Aleste 3 was designed with a decent sense of challenge for a console player in mind; while it plays very fair with the player (constant power ups and iframes) it won't just roll over for you, it'll make you learn it.
Wools

Post by Wools »

Aside from R-Type & Ikaruga back in the day, I’ve recently completed Dodonpachi DaiOuJou Blissful Death Re:Incarnation on Super Easy Mode (Very much not on 1CC though!) on Switch, so that would be my recommendation!
RetroDaz

Post by RetroDaz »

Well I’ve chose GG Aleste and am clearly very rusty. There’s no bombs from what I can see and I’m struggling to read the menus. Enjoying it though.
Steven

Post by Steven »

I forgot GG Aleste exists! That game is so easy that it's very boring and definitely the easiest STG on the system.
valziman

Post by valziman »

GG Aleste special difficulty makes it hard enough to be fun.
RetroDaz

Post by RetroDaz »

Just managed to 1CC it.
Thanks for the suggestions, will look for something else from the list now 👍
RobotParking

Post by RobotParking »

NuclearPotato wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:46 pm I presume they mean Novice mode, which is very easy to clear, compared to the main game, which decidedly is not.

Deathsmiles I+II is probably a good first choice for easy arcade clears, but nthing the GG Aleste games as the easiest on the Switch.
Yeah, definitely mean the Novice mode, though I did get a 1CC on one of the arrange modes without too much difficulty (sorry the name eludes me). I actually 1CC'd Deathsmiles 2 before Deathsmiles 1.
RetroDaz wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:01 am Just managed to 1CC it.
Thanks for the suggestions, will look for something else from the list now 👍
Congrats!
RetroDaz

Post by RetroDaz »

I’m giving Death Smiles a go now. Can get to the final stage on default settings with a score of 23 million. Never 1ccd a Cave game so this will hopefully be the first. Slowly getting used to the scoring system.
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

RobotParking wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:07 pm Deathsmiles, probably. Maybe Espgaluda II?
Espgaluda II Novice is the easiest 1cc I've ever gotten. I'm completely terrible at shmups too. I think I got the 1cc on my first or second-ever attempt at the game.
Steven

Post by Steven »

If you need something else easy, try Power Strike II on Master System, which is on the Aleste Collection. Like GG Aleste, the hardest part of the game is not falling asleep mid-game. I couldn't finish Power Strike II because I got so bored that I couldn't take it anymore and turned it off.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Steven wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:41 am the hardest part of the game is not falling asleep mid-game. I couldn't finish Power Strike II because I got so bored that I couldn't take it anymore and turned it off.
That was Drainus for me. On one hand it's a solid recommend for an easy 1cc. On the other hand it goes on foreeeeeever. And it has probably one of the most grating OSTs ever in a shmup.
https://youtu.be/ppgo1QkNNxk?si=qxYJ4QfIo68zMz6K

It's not so much that it sounds altogether bad. It just does kind of that for an entire hour. Never finds good melodic lines. Never varies enough to make any one track feel like a memorable change of pace. Keeps up that antsy pace the floor at night vibe and refuses to settle in. Feels as if you're perpetually stuck at a character select screen.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Rastan78 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:15 amFeels as if you're perpetually stuck at a character select screen.
This made me lol more than it probably should have, but it's definitely the type of music you'd hear on a character select screen from somewhere around the early 2000s!

I haven't played Drainus, but Power Strike II does go on seemingly forever and it never gets interesting. I no missed to the stage 6 boss the first time I played it and realized that I wasn't having fun at all, so I decided to play something else instead. I didn't know at the time that I was almost done with the game, and I might have pushed on and finished it if I'd known, but at the time I really, really, REALLY wanted the game to just stop.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Steven wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:33 am This made me lol more than it probably should have, but it's definitely the type of music you'd hear on a character select screen from somewhere around the early 2000s!
Exactly haha. It actually does sound like that. Every single stage. Reminds of having that one friend that would not lock in a character or background stage. Just what you want to hear for an hour long (and that's just the first loop) run of a laid back hori shmup.

Tekken Tag select screen:
https://youtu.be/QJEXErLqzFs?si=p5OGb7_vM38vh6pV

CVS:
https://youtu.be/63mS9HmqHbo?si=Rqavsc6AS1ZfRafl
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Drainus has a great storyline and some hilarious Terminator timeline antics that make it worth the slog. The later loops get tricky, and there are much harder modes to tackle as well.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Sima Tuna wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:26 am
RobotParking wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:07 pm Deathsmiles, probably. Maybe Espgaluda II?
Espgaluda II Novice is the easiest 1cc I've ever gotten. I'm completely terrible at shmups too. I think I got the 1cc on my first or second-ever attempt at the game.
I don't think Esp 2 Novice even counts towards anything. You can just sleep through the game and come through regardless.
I think easier modes for Cave games has some appeal, but they still need to require something of the player. DeathSmiles is a really good baby's first Cave 1CC.

Esp 2 normally however I'd say is probably one of Cave's tougher 1CCs.
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

Bullet Soul Infinite Burst
Sengoku Strider

Steven wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:41 am If you need something else easy, try Power Strike II on Master System, which is on the Aleste Collection. Like GG Aleste, the hardest part of the game is not falling asleep mid-game. I couldn't finish Power Strike II because I got so bored that I couldn't take it anymore and turned it off.
SLANDER AND DISTORTIONS

I don't care how good you are at staying powered up, you still have to at least learn the boss patterns to beat it.

EDIT: Por quoi? Number of edits is always visible now?
Last edited by Sengoku Strider on Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.