Tatsujin Oh / Truxton 2 Mister FPGA Core Audio

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Jorel81

Tatsujin Oh / Truxton 2 Mister FPGA Core Audio

Post by Jorel81 »

Hello,

Just a quick question. Is there something off about the Mister core of Truxton 2. I'm specifically talking about the sound effects when enemies explode. Nobody seems to be talking about it and I feel like either something is wrong with my core or rom, or I'm in the Twilight Zone.

When comparing game footage from Mister to footage from other sources it seems like the enemy ship explosions are really really almost silent. Especially the big enemies.

Anyone else notice this? Am I crazy?
Steven

Re: Tatsujin Oh / Truxton 2 Mister FPGA Core Audio

Post by Steven »

It's broken.
Jorel81

Post by Jorel81 »

Oh good so I'm not insane...maybe...

So the dude who created this core had never acknowledged this issue I'm assuming cause I tried to look for any mention of this and found none.

Now don't get me wrong I think the work these guys and ladies are doing for these cores is amazing and I am super stoked on all the amazing work but...what the hell?

I feel like we need some Truxton 2 on the Mister.
Steven

Post by Steven »

I've mentioned it multiple times. All of the Toaplan games had broken audio the last time I checked, which was a while ago.
Jorel81

Post by Jorel81 »

Okay so Atrac17 knows about it then. I sent him a message just now too.

That's a bummer. Don't wanna be a jerk but I think no core is better than a broken core, because now I bet nobody is working on those. I feel like these games deserve better.

Come on M2
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Sound seemed much better in Outzone than the Bitwave releases, last I tried Outzone.
Steven

Post by Steven »

I just updated my MiSTer and checked every Toaplan game except for Tatsujin and Tatsujin Ou because I forgot about those and Whoopee!! and Horror Story because I couldn't get them to work for some reason and every single game has broken audio. Out Zone's music is even worse than Bitwave's. Out Zone's music used to be mostly okay, but an update last year ruined it.
Enemy

Post by Enemy »

Maybe try to post it as an issue on guthub, that way it is logged until fixed so maybe this way he will look at the issue.

https://github.com/atrac17/Toaplan2/iss ... s%3Aclosed

Edit: I think it's the system 1 board you guys are talking about so it would be this github

https://github.com/va7deo/zerowing/issu ... is%3Aissue

I would do it but probably better written by someone who can explain the issue with the music
Jorel81

Post by Jorel81 »

I posted an issue on the GitHub about the sound effects in Truxton 2, just for the hell of it.

I doubt that is going to be fixed, figured it was worth a try.
Jorel81

Post by Jorel81 »

I have not researched the music issue in these cores, but I posted about the sound effects issue in Tatsujin Oh and I can confirm Atrac17 is watching that GitHub...

So that's promising. If Anyone has any issues with these Toaplan cores please post there.