MVS shockboxes

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
shmupsrocks

MVS shockboxes

Post by shmupsrocks »

Is there a best source for MVS shockboxes?
shmupsrocks

Re: MVS shockboxes

Post by shmupsrocks »

It looks like southtown-homebrew.com is the way to go.
SavagePencil

Post by SavagePencil »

Yes, I can vouch for Southtown's quality. Good inserts, too.
shmupsrocks

Post by shmupsrocks »

I received a few Southtown shockboxes and inserts and the shockboxes are excellent but the printing on all of the inserts is much too dark. Is there a better source for printed inserts?
gray117

Post by gray117 »

The pdf link on the individual pages downloads the actual insert art (not just a template) so you are free to print your own at any print shop...

Not all this source art is of the same/best quality, but you're at least free to download it all, compare, and print your own.
shmupsrocks

Post by shmupsrocks »

I love that they make those available. Anyone know of a good print ship online that would also cut to size like Southtown does?
gray117

Post by gray117 »

I doubt anyone online will offer a trim service...
... this kind of thing is a right nightmare for printers + customers since any issue could necessitate and re-print (and re-delivery).

USA? City location? ...and maybe someone can recommend a store.

Otherwise might just be easiest to find someone local ... do a test in person. (Happy with colours etc. ... maybe even choosing paper stock etc.). And then run off a whole batch once happy with test(s).

(Printing and colour/chroma reproduction is always a pain - it seems like it should be a simple thing, but it never has been. You'll often find most professional services are very rigid in their dealings for such reasons. Kind of a customer beware situation; if you don't like something, it doesn't matter - you'll pay per attempt.)
Taiyaki

Post by Taiyaki »

I made my own inserts and printed them at a local office depot back in the day. They offer trimming service for a low cost too.

As for Southtown's shockboxes, they're excellent imo.