Reminder: Eliminate Down cartridges become available outside of Japan and Korea soon

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Skyknight

Reminder: Eliminate Down cartridges become available outside of Japan and Korea soon

Post by Skyknight »

https://retro-bit.com/eliminate-down/

Hopefully someone like Ratalaika will deploy a digital copy for people like me without a Genesis/MegaDrive, as with Gleylancer before. >>;
dmk1198

Re: Reminder: Eliminate Down cartridges become available outside of Japan and Korea soon

Post by dmk1198 »

Will this come to UK current consoles soon?
pablumatic

Re: Reminder: Eliminate Down cartridges become available outside of Japan and Korea soon

Post by pablumatic »

Got my order in. Wish the cartridge wasn't green and more like their releases of Gaiares and Sol-Deace, but I'll make do.
LDigital

Post by LDigital »

Retro-Bit modern Megadrive/Genesis releases are on another level when it comes to quality. I can’t wait to put this in with my other Retro-Bit gems.

My instincts say we may be inching towards a Musha release one day as all the big hitters are falling like ducks. Fingers crossed
Augemitbutter

Post by Augemitbutter »

i wonder why they can't make JP versions? I've heard the JP manufacturer is worse.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Odd thing is the Retro-Bit Gleylancer's manual and game are both bilingual with English and Japanese, despite not having the notch for JP systems. The text even changes on the fly if a region switch is flipped.
segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan »

What cool news! Absolutely love this game with all my heart. Sold my JP original many years ago after playing the tape out of it. IMHO its the best 16 bit horiz. space shooter ever made.

I wonder if the original game devs get any cut of the new sales?
I design retro gaming add-ons and repair old consoles :)
My Website: Segasonicfan Designs http://www.segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
PerishedFraud ឵឵

Post by PerishedFraud ឵឵ »

eliminate dong
Fun Over Victory| Shitpost Central | Shmusic Archive | Old Account | tuckfouhou@gmail.com
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

55 dollars or 70 eurobucks? What's up with that stupid pricing...
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

ChurchOfSolipsism wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:00 pm 55 dollars or 70 eurobucks? What's up with that stupid pricing...
You must not know what the original goes for. That fact alone makes this a steal. But besides that, this game is a good game in its own right. I would gladly pay 55 bucks on a good 16-bit shooter over paying 70 on a AAA game with 7 hours of gameplay, then never touch again.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

It's more that 70eur is ~76usd. Quite a difference with 55usd. I think they just charge tax and postage from the US. Might as well just order from the US.
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

Gamer707b wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:28 pm
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:00 pm 55 dollars or 70 eurobucks? What's up with that stupid pricing...
You must not know what the original goes for. That fact alone makes this a steal. But besides that, this game is a good game in its own right. I would gladly pay 55 bucks on a good 16-bit shooter over paying 70 on a AAA game with 7 hours of gameplay, then never touch again.
What AAA game has 7 hours of gameplay... sounds more like an indie game. Anyway, I paid 20 Euros for each Limbo and Inside, both of which give you 4 hours each at best. It was totally worth it in both cases....
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

ChurchOfSolipsism wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:32 pm
Gamer707b wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:28 pm
What AAA game has 7 hours of gameplay... sounds more like an indie game. Anyway, I paid 20 Euros for each Limbo and Inside, both of which give you 4 hours each at best. It was totally worth it in both cases....
I haven't bought AAA in a long time, unless you count the occasional Nintendo game, but the last AAA game I played was Call Of Duty a few years back. It was years since I play COD and thought I'd "try something different". I also remember playing whatever new Assassins Creed just came out and it was so buggy, that I stopped playing. Felt completely ripped off. I finally realized that these big budget games and companies were the exact opposite of what I wanted out of gaming. Anyway, my point stands the same. I would gladly pay $55 on a game I'll get tons of replay out of. Good day.