Super MAGFest 2024 - Jan 18-21

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
StarCreator

Super MAGFest 2024 - Jan 18-21

Post by StarCreator »

MAGFest is on us again.

I'll be there with my exA with Aka & Blue (actually working this year), DDP SDOJ, Touhou Perfect Sakura Fantastica, and Batsugun. I'll probably leave bringing other PCBs to others since I don't think any of mine got used last year and I'm pretty overcommitted at the arcade as it is...
ubersaurus

Re: Super MAGFest 2024 - Jan 18-21

Post by ubersaurus »

I'll be going. I'm giving a panel on Friday evening alongside a friend of mine about the arcade Darius games, which should be pretty rad.

I'm also bringing gear for the Magfest Museum. Currently marked down to bring: Magnavox Odyssey, Atari Pong, Video Pinball, 5200, 7800, Jaguar, and 800XL, a ZX Spectrum, a Neo Geo AES, and the Bally Professional Arcade. I've got flash carts and the like for a variety of these systems, but offhand I do intend on bringing Viewpoint for the Neo and Tempest 2000 for the Jag, as well as a copy of Sagaia for the Master System they'll have set up in there. If folks have any other console shooter requests just let me know and I'll see what I can do. I *do* want to see if I can get Magical Fairy Force set up on the 5200 if I can get a second trakball in time for the show...
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
majors

Post by majors »

Whoo hoo! I'll have at least three tate CRT cabs for us to use plus couple of Neos. My F3 multi can run Darius EX to help ubersaurus cross promote. I'll bring my 2nd tier pcbs (Viper, Game Paradise and DoDon) to run untill the STG community shows up.

Is my liver ready!
Wedoca '24
zakk

Post by zakk »

I'll bring the obligatory Garegga and Batrider.

Annoyingly looks like I may be stuck at the harborside oxon hill unless I can sneak an expensive harbor room at the last minute
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

zakk wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:03 am I'll bring the obligatory Garegga and Batrider.

Annoyingly looks like I may be stuck at the harborside oxon hill unless I can sneak an expensive harbor room at the last minute
Hey, Zakk of the famous Zakk patched versions of BG? I didn't know you lived this close! Now, I sort of want to attend MF so I can thank you in person and buy you a beverage of your choice!
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

zakk wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:03 am I'll bring the obligatory Garegga and Batrider.

Could you bring me an extra chip of your patch? I can chip in.

I'll be there as well, helping StarCreator. I'll make up for last year! Let's plan for dinner Friday or Saturday.
zakk

Post by zakk »

ratikal wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:16 pm

Could you bring me an extra chip of your patch? I can chip in.

I'll be there as well, helping StarCreator. I'll make up for last year! Let's plan for dinner Friday or Saturday.
Let me see what chips I have sitting around. If I have the right type I can bring a set
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

We'll be there too.

I'll bring the following:
DeathSmiles
Mushi Futari 1.5
ESPGaluda 2
In The Hunt
Gunbird 2
Battle Balls
Prehistoric Isle 2
Zed Blade

I could also bring Strikers 1945 Part 2 and another cart of TwinkleStar Sprites... or Metal Slug X.

Majors, let me know.

Ubersaurus, let me know if you'd like me to bring an extra AES cart or two.. something like Metal Slug 3, Gekka No Kenshi, KOF 98 or Miracle Adventure.
majors

Post by majors »

Kiken wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:54 am Majors, let me know.
I'm bringing Blazing, Pulstar, Last Resort and 1945 for my 4 slot, and Slug X for the single slot. Of course we can swap in MVS games around.

I'd love to run Futari! Don't be so worried about bringing all your boards, pick you favs to bring and save the hassle of hauling around all them boxes. You're always so generous with us running your games!
Wedoca '24
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

What do ya'll think for food plans? As far as places, it depends how much ya'll want to spend. But, it's more important to have a set time. Most of these places close at 10PM. So, we could meet at the cabs at 8PM Saturday and then walk down. I might be able to get a reservation for $$$ restaurants but don't count on it.

Here's some examples.

$$$ Fogo de Chao (Brazillian Steakhouse)
https://g.co/kgs/tfBcy3J

$$ Brother Jimmy's BBQ
https://g.co/kgs/VAzp93C

$$ Cheeky Nando's with the lads
https://g.co/kgs/HKdNxDa
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Kiken wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:54 am We'll be there too.

I'll bring the following:
DeathSmiles
Mushi Futari 1.5
ESPGaluda 2
In The Hunt
Gunbird 2
Battle Balls
Prehistoric Isle 2
Zed Blade

I could also bring Strikers 1945 Part 2 and another cart of TwinkleStar Sprites... or Metal Slug X.

Majors, let me know.

Ubersaurus, let me know if you'd like me to bring an extra AES cart or two.. something like Metal Slug 3, Gekka No Kenshi, KOF 98 or Miracle Adventure.
Cool! I've actually decided I'm going to bring the NeoSD instead since that'll open up a lot more avenues for Neo games to have running. It'll also be more space efficient in my boxes and bags than actual carts would be. I will just have stock AES sticks, so if you've got a particular favorite third party one, by all means.

I've also loaded up my ZX Spectrum flash cart with some shooters for ya'll to experience.
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Is there a way to change games on those exa cabs? I want to try Aka but I don’t see any way to do it.
zakk

Post by zakk »

ubersaurus wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:35 pm Is there a way to change games on those exa cabs? I want to try Aka but I don’t see any way to do it.
Start+ABC (hold). That works for me
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Yo guys.

Let's meet up at the cabs at 7PM tonight (Saturday) and we'll go down to the Tennessee BBQ place down the street.

I'll try to let you know if I recognize you. Otherwise, I should be dressed up as Billy Mitchell (USA tie, long hair). Hope to see ya'll there.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

ratikal wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:13 pm Yo guys.

Let's meet up at the cabs at 7PM tonight (Saturday) and we'll go down to the Tennessee BBQ place down the street.

I'll try to let you know if I recognize you. Otherwise, I should be dressed up as Billy Mitchell (USA tie, long hair). Hope to see ya'll there.
Ha, although I'm in DC, I'm not coming this year, but please, post a pic...
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

It was great seeing everyone who managed to make it out this year! Another one in the bag, as they say. Didn't get to rotate in everything, but that's how these events go. :)

Hope to see you all again next year! ^_^
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Yeah, it was a super sick time. Glad we got to get to dinner and talk about stuff. I hope to see you guys at a MD meet again soon!
XtraSmiley wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:08 pm
ratikal wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:13 pm Yo guys.

Ha, although I'm in DC, I'm not coming this year, but please, post a pic...
I got you.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Wow, f'ing amazing. Well done!
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

I didn't get to spend as much time at Mag as I wanted to (between the weather and my wife getting sick Saturday) but thanks to everyone who brought stuff for the arcade, even if I didn't get to see ya'll myself! Just like last year, Magfest has me thinking "hmm, what *if* I could fit a Viewlix in my house..."
majors

Post by majors »

Thanks again for the support! We could go back to using the a schedule like we did in the past, it'll keep me on track for board rotation. I can make sure I have the right buttons on the cabs >< and bring the single played CP for one or two.
Wedoca '24