Help with turning on CRT with cabinet

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Edgecrusher

Help with turning on CRT with cabinet

Post by Edgecrusher »

Please excuse me if this has been addressed elsewhere.
I've been using the big cabinet I built last year quite a bit lately, but I still haven't come up with an elegant solution for turning on the CRT and I'm hoping someone can give me some ideas.
It's a sony trinitron and I've had to reach around the back of the cabinet where I have the board with the momentary micro switch on it dangling. The problem is I can start the cabinet up but no one else in the house can and I'd like to have one button turn everything on. I plan to setup the computer to come on with power from a switched extension cord. This switch would need to be the basis for the CRT switching as well.
Initially, I had planned on just making a pushbutton through the cabinet which would physically actuate the original micro switch. However, how can I wire it so I get the momentary signal to that board from that one main switch that turns power on to everything at once without needing a second switch?
Edgecrusher

Re: Help with turning on CRT with cabinet

Post by Edgecrusher »

The more I think about it, wiring a second momentary switch across the micro-switch on the board and mounting it in the control panel of the cabinet may be the best solution.