F-ZER0 99

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
NYN

F-ZER0 99

Post by NYN »

Search gets iffy with F-B0MBS and 99, so I venture to start a topic.

I don't know if it is a phenomenom yet, though dang it's fun! And I am not even into F-Zero that much.

What's your experience? Wanna race together? What's your machine?

(talk about other entries is welcome)
WhatImageeven mean, though?!
Austin

Re: F-ZER0 99

Post by Austin »

Has Nintendo already announced when they are delisting it? :lol:

After Mario 35 got taken down, I haven't paid much attention to these Battle Royale releases. I don't want to get hooked onto something (like I was with Mario 35) and just have it taken away permanently. 35 was my most-played game in the less than year or so it was around, and I play a lot of games. So it was a big blow when it was gone.

I will say, F-Zero 99 looks like a lot of fun. I hope it sticks around a long time, or they do a physical like with Tetris 99 so people can continue to play it down the road.
NYN

party like it's 1990

Post by NYN »

Austin wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:18 pm Has Nintendo already announced when they are delisting it? :lol:

After Mario 35 got taken down, I haven't paid much attention to these Battle Royale releases.
Fair enough. Though I think it's the reverse here. With Mario, it was to celebrate the anniversary in a playable form. With F-Zer0, it seems to me that it is to feel out if there are any players left who would be interested, plus gaining a whole lot of new ones. Mario Kart is a big one with peepholes, F-0 more geared to speed-freaks. I don't play much racing, only where the vehicle is more of a bullet, so 99 fits me fine.

Hooked my ol' SNES set up, when I had 99 downtime. I maintain unimpressed. See, I knew the OG when it was new, yet couldn't articulate then what it was that left me uncaring about it. It's a half-game to me. Only one player, 4 cars. The crazy track design is mostly impressive. Way to early to release. Moreover, MK later had what F was lacking, minus the speed. Yeah, still feels to me like a tech-demo, alright. That's why 99 feels somehow complete.
Austin wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:18 pmI will say, F-Zero 99 looks like a lot of fun. I hope it sticks around a long time, or they do a physical like with Tetris 99 so people can continue to play it down the road.
Huh. I'll take what I can get now. I don't have any trust with online focused play. Server will go down, someday. That's a given.
No sense to start missing it when it's still on.
BulletMagnet

Re: party like it's 1990

Post by BulletMagnet »

NYN wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:04 amHuh. I'll take what I can get now. I don't have any trust with online focused play. Server will go down, someday. That's a given. No sense to start missing it when it's still on.
The big long-term question is whether Nintendo ever reconsiders its heretofore unyielding stance on fans setting up their own servers and such once the official ones have been abandoned; that strange distant sound you hear is the mixed laughing and crying of the Smash community. :P
NYN

98 problems, and a boost ain't one: hit me

Post by NYN »

OK, then.

In my 30s level-wise, Rank S-, and I feel the pull on my privates lessen. Stinger only. Never been N0.01. I embrace my own limits, again. Which are: I am not competitive enough, playing for fun, not to dominate. And I get at some point fed up at repetitiveness. With 15 tracks, that's about to bound in sometime. I have no idea how others do it. 99+ 1st places. Man, get a 1-up! Also, apropos the social structure: all them racers remind me strongly about all them frogs during mating. 99 suitors trampling the one fem dead in the race to being the one to score, suffocating the creature their drive demands to satisfy. F-ZER0's nature is relevatory. 0h, and on weekends it really shines, participation right up.
NYN

the race neverending

Post by NYN »

Just when I thought I would crash out, it pulls me back in. There's been an update...

Some kind of bingo rub based on '99 races for, uh, bonus stuff. :| Thanks, granny, mighty swell.

Return of seperate vintage F-Zero races, only og rules apply: 4:3 screen, one boost per lap, 20 players only, no spin, bumpers indestructable. Go.

Enticing for obvious reasons, right?