I bought Shienryu Simple 2000 vol 5 (the shooting) PS2

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
neorichieb1971

I bought Shienryu Simple 2000 vol 5 (the shooting) PS2

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I bought a sealed PS2 game -

I am confused about what I've actually bought. Translated on the back it says it has the same content as vol 37. The game seems to be 3D when I would actually prefer the 2D game. The screenshots on the back seem to imply there is a 2D game in there somewhere. Youtubes give me a block game for vol 5.

Should I have gone for vol 37 instead?

I don't want to open it to find its not what I wanted. What I wanted was the 2D sprite based Shienryu.

Thanks.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
BulletMagnet

Re: I bought Shienryu Simple 2000 vol 5 (the shooting) PS2

Post by BulletMagnet »

If memory serves this is basically a double pack of two previously released "Simple" label games; the first disc is "Double Shienryu", which itself contains two games, the original arcade Shienryu and the console-exclusive Shienryu Explosion, while disc 2 is some sort of helicopter game. Hopefully a bit of Googling could confirm my recollections haven't completely gone off the rails...
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Thanks. I'll open it when my game room is sorted.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

BulletMagnet wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:32 pm If memory serves this is basically a double pack of two previously released "Simple" label games; the first disc is "Double Shienryu", which itself contains two games, the original arcade Shienryu and the console-exclusive Shienryu Explosion, while disc 2 is some sort of helicopter game. Hopefully a bit of Googling could confirm my recollections haven't completely gone off the rails...
That's correct.
The helicopter game is from Simple 2000 Series Vol. 35: The Helicopter previously released as Simple 1500 Series Vol. 53: The Helicopter also released in the US as RC Helicopter from Agetec - not to be confused with RC Stunt Copter by formerly revered developer Shiny Entertainment.

Simple 2000 Vol.5 is Block Kuzushi Hyper
the package here is vol.5 from the "Simple 2000 2-in-1" series

Trying to research and collect some of the Simple budget releases can be tricky as some games overlap with Simple 1500 releases, 2-in-1 series, Simple2000 Ultimate, standard releases, greatest hits and then the SuperLite budget series as well