The Scramble Vice

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
xxx1993

The Scramble Vice

Post by xxx1993 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78pTufgAJq8

If you've ever played Assault Suits Leynos or Valken or Hardcore Mecha, but throw in some of Patlabor, Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed, or Active Raid... Well, here ya go. Coming 2024.
BIL

Re: The Scramble Vice

Post by BIL »

That's a superb title :o

And yeah, Studio Pico are the real deal. I've no doubt this'll be a good time ala Valken, at the minimum. I'd heard their next project was mecha-themed, and this vintage swagger is exactly what I'd expected after SnG.

SnG did leave me slightly wanting, not for a lack of quality but a tantalising abundance of it. Close to not just homaging, but outright competing with Ninja Spirit and Alien Soldier's respective brands of RNG hellstorm and bacchanalian boss massacre. Just a few tweaks short; I'm still hopeful they might not be entirely done with that one. This style of heavy machine action being innately more forgiving - on designers and players alike - I'm sure they'll manage similar excellence at minimum.
cfx

Re: The Scramble Vice

Post by cfx »

This looks great.

I had a harsh opinion on Shinobi non Grata's graphics that I posted somewhere here, but I like the way this looks. I don't think the bright white flashing effect on your mech from the weapon looks that good but that's a minor gripe. Maybe if it was not pure white but a pale yellow?

The Yuji Ohno-ish music is cool too. :D
Lander

This post was made by the GUN HAZARD gang

Post by Lander »

On reflection, a touch of grit and Lupinesque flair could be just what Patlabor needed to offset the kooky team drama.

A cheeky bit of Elevator Action in there too I see. Might well be a winner!
ExitPlanetDust

Post by ExitPlanetDust »

Really looking forward to this one. I love the aesthetic and I’m always up for more Assault Suit action. Between this and the upcoming ASL2 City Connection release us Assault Suits fans are eating well.