Looking for some California meet ups

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Gamer707b

Looking for some California meet ups

Post by Gamer707b »

Hey fellas. Just as the title suggests. Surprised Cali isn't swarming with meet ups. Been real quite for a while. Anyway, I live in Central Cali, so not too far from L.A or Northern Cali. Looking for some like-minded people to enjoy playing and talking shooting games with.
bigbadboaz

Re: Looking for some California meet ups

Post by bigbadboaz »

droid had suggested he was going to start hosting again (LA area), but doesn't seem to be happening yet.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Yea, I've been to his place once or twice. He has some good games, but I remember there was a guy here named Hodari. His meet ups were shmup based. He had just about every traditional shoot em ups , bullet hell, you name it. Been there a few times I think in Huntington Beach. Wonder what happened to him? I know Frentic also did some. Just surprised that it all basically completely dried up.
droid

Post by droid »

Hey there yes I still host but usually send invites out via text. If anyone is interested in cruising out to Fullerton please shoot me your cel via PM. Due to my schedule they are usually last minute events on random Saturday nights 6p til midnight.

But as Gamer707b mentioned, my meets are more geared towards classic arcade games though I do have a couple shmups here and there.

Gamer707b have you tried directly PMing Frenetic? He might still be doing them.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

droid my cell # changed. Sent you a PM -
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

@droid Good to see you still in the mix. Yea, I might reach out to Frenetic and see if he's still doing them.
neccros

Post by neccros »

Gamer707b wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:24 pm @droid Good to see you still in the mix. Yea, I might reach out to Frenetic and see if he's still doing them.
I dont think Frenetic does meets anymore... I could be wrong but I was at his last one like 4ish years ago
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

neccros wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:13 am
Gamer707b wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:24 pm @droid Good to see you still in the mix. Yea, I might reach out to Frenetic and see if he's still doing them.
I dont think Frenetic does meets anymore... I could be wrong but I was at his last one like 4ish years ago
I think you're right. I reached out to him and he said he wasn't doing them. Hodari was another guy that had some nice meet ups too. Wonder what happened to him?
neccros

Post by neccros »

Gamer707b wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:24 pm

I think you're right. I reached out to him and he said he wasn't doing them. Hodari was another guy that had some nice meet ups too. Wonder what happened to him?
I miss Frenetics meets!!! Epic for sure... Not sure about Hodari, never been to any of his meets...
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

neccros wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:56 am
Gamer707b wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:24 pm

I miss Frenetics meets!!! Epic for sure... Not sure about Hodari, never been to any of his meets...
Hodari's meet ups were also great. He was a super chill guy too. I've been to some meet ups where they've been more collector's than actual gamers. You know, the type that say, "don't move the stick this way and don't push the buttons that way". Super protective of their stuff. Which I guess I Understand.. Hodari on the other hand would say, have fun and play away. He just wanted you to have fun and be comfortable. I wonder why he stopped doing them too? Man, I this point, I'd drive pretty much anywhere in California to go to a good meet up. Just FYI, there is a cool fella named Anselmo that has meet ups in Bakersfield. He mainly does 2D fighters, but also has some shmups.
shine

Post by shine »

I am new to NorCal area, and would try to join any shmups meetups in nor or central cali. I lived in Spain and I was spoiled by Mikado (Rocco) and his Egrets and Caves…
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

shine wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:35 pm I am new to NorCal area, and would try to join any shmups meetups in nor or central cali. I lived in Spain and I was spoiled by Mikado (Rocco) and his Egrets and Caves…
Welcome to the group. I know there was just a Cave event not too long ago in Spain. Hopefully we'll eventually start having meetups here again.
droid

Post by droid »

Hi Gamer707b. For some reason I don’t believe I have your cel contact anymore. Welcome to join us again if interested and available.

Please send me a text: 714-588-4247

So I can include you for a future invite. Unfortunately my meets tend to be called on short notice, often the day of… or a day ahead of lucky… due to my schedule.