Missile Dancer 2 (TERARIN GAMES, Steam) - 2024

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
FunktionJCB

Missile Dancer 2 (TERARIN GAMES, Steam) - 2024

Post by FunktionJCB »

TERARIN GAMES is releasing Missile Dancer 2 next year.

Unlike his previous games, this one will be in 3D, combining the gameplay of a rail shooter with his usual caravan-inspired mechanics.

So far, only a PC/Steam version was announced (but, based on his previous games, it's likely the game will be released on other platforms).

The Steam page is now available:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2566 ... _Dancer_2/
Darkseed_5150

Re: Missile Dancer 2 (TERARIN GAMES, Steam) - 2024

Post by Darkseed_5150 »

Whoa. Didn't expect for it to be a 3D scaler shooter. Would be nice if they release on PS5 as well.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

The game is being released on March 28th (Steam and Switch).

https://twitter.com/Terarin55/status/17 ... 1228419554
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

velo

Post by velo »

The Switch demo (JP eshop only) makes it look like a good port. Game controls responsively and supports full remapping, inverted controls and so on. I'd urge anybody interested to check it or the Steam demo. It includes the full Caravan mode which could pass for a complete game on its own.
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

I gave the full game (normal and caravan modes) a few runs and cleared normal mode. The only downside for me so far is the lack of enemy variety, but everything else is really nice.

(ZNT on the steam leaderboards)
a creature... half solid half gas
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

velo wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:49 pm The Switch demo (JP eshop only) makes it look like a good port. Game controls responsively and supports full remapping, inverted controls and so on. I'd urge anybody interested to check it or the Steam demo. It includes the full Caravan mode which could pass for a complete game on its own.
Missile Dancer 2 is also listed on the USA region Switch eShop as well.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

Bit of a Terarin fanboy. I've got everything from Image Striker to Terra Flame except Star Gagnant. Really enjoyed the demo, I had a lot of fun with it.
The demo, like his other works, features elements of other games. This one is After Burner, Thunder Blade, Space Harrier and G-Loc.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Really love this game. The roll mechanic is very satisfying and the scoring awards risk in a great way.
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
SavagePencil

Post by SavagePencil »

I blew through Arcade Normal on my first playthrough. I feel like there’s depth here that I’m missing.

Visually arresting, and things “read” better than an After Burner or Galaxy Force. Is the meat of this in Caravan? Is it chaining?
Dale

Post by Dale »

I don't know if anyone really cares about score but I figured out that Multi Missle is the best for points most of the time. Especially if the boss your fighting stays in front of you most of the time. Potential Chaining points you can get dwarf the boss bonuses.

There are a few times Multi Missle is bad. Like the level with cars next to the city Or the fire boss. But I'm gonna try a run where I go all or nothing with the Multi missle on almost everything in the game. I'll let you guys know how it works out.
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
Nugs

Post by Nugs »

Multi missile is definitely best for score.
You get points at the end of the level for every hit, and it is the weakest weapon so you end up with a lot more hits.