New forum software / theme bugs thread

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
system11

Re: New forum software / theme bugs thread

Post by system11 »

Please try clearing your cache and trying again, it shouldn't be happening anymore, fixed that config a week ago. If it does send me your exact browser details.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
cfx

Post by cfx »

I changed DNS servers back and forth which initially had no apparent effect but seems to have cleared whatever and fixed it after some time elapsed.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Tried to send a PM, but it went in my outbox instead of my sent folder. Tried again, got the same result, gave up.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Steven wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:06 am Tried to send a PM, but it went in my outbox instead of my sent folder. Tried again, got the same result, gave up.
Sent PMs remain in your outbox until the recipient has opened them. That's how it's always worked.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Steven

Post by Steven »

Ghegs wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:22 am
Steven wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:06 am Tried to send a PM, but it went in my outbox instead of my sent folder. Tried again, got the same result, gave up.
Sent PMs remain in your outbox until the recipient has opened them. That's how it's always worked.
Okay, cool, thanks.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

I like the new look and everything seems to be working fine. I'm using Safari.

That being said, anyway to increase the number or PMs we can hold? I know 200 sounds like a lot, but I'm constantly trying to keep info while sending new messages and it is a limit I hit all the time.
Steven

Post by Steven »

I opened the site in a smaller window and some weirdness occurred. This actually made it way easier to see which set of thread pages go with the appropriate threads, which would be a nice change, but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to look like this.

arromdee2

Post by arromdee2 »

I have an ancient account here under arromdee which I can't log into. Resetting password is useless because it's probably 2 or more email accounts ago and they no longer exist. (This account is itself pretty old by now and doesn't have posts but at least I have the password. I think I may have created it years ago after I tried to log in to the other account then). Trying to log in and guessing an old password gets me "You have specified an incorrect password. Please check your password and try again. If you continue to have problems please contact the Board Administrator." If I follow that link, it says "The board administrator contact page has been disabled." Is there anything I can do to get my old account back?
Lander

Post by Lander »

I'm seeing some occasional odd behaviour with notifications; I'll open a notification on one day, read the latest posts from that thread, and then a day or two later it'll re-pop as a fresh notification even if the thread in question hasn't moved.

Not exactly life-and-death, but a bit baffling.
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

Steven wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:06 am I opened the site in a smaller window and some weirdness occurred. This actually made it way easier to see which set of thread pages go with the appropriate threads, which would be a nice change, but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to look like this.

I am also seeing this behavior while viewing the site in Chrome on an iPad. The “request desktop site” option does not seem to affect it.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

The only unusual thing I've noticed lately is when browsing the board index, the thread title that shows under "Last Post" doesn't use the actual thread title but rather whatever title is used by the last poster (as opposed to the overall thread title, set based on the title in the first post of that thread). Not a big deal, just strikes me as a bit odd?
bcass

Post by bcass »

As already reported above, but it looks like the issue is that the Last Post column is too wide, which causes the TOPICS column to be too narrow:

BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Any chance the Captcha system could be switched to something that's... uh... solvable? I was on a computer with a slightly wonky keyboard today, messed up password entry enough times to trigger it, and I simply could not solve the first 2 or 3 Captcha images I got. I knew I had the right password as I just started copying and pasting it in, but try as I might I kept getting images that I either couldn't figure out the code to or it wasn't accepting the input. This site honestly has the toughest Captcha image generator I've ever encountered. >w>;;
Lander

Post by Lander »

Not necessarily theme or backend related, but has the site been really slow for anyone else over the last day or so?
The rest of the net seems fine, but it took a good 10 minutes to get here and type this!
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

Lander wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:16 am Not necessarily theme or backend related, but has the site been really slow for anyone else over the last day or so?
The rest of the net seems fine, but it took a good 10 minutes to get here and type this!
Me too. Timed out a couple times today, wasn't loading new posts from the last ~5 hours either... and super slow.
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:55 pm Any chance the Captcha system could be switched to something that's... uh... solvable? I was on a computer with a slightly wonky keyboard today, messed up password entry enough times to trigger it, and I simply could not solve the first 2 or 3 Captcha images I got. I knew I had the right password as I just started copying and pasting it in, but try as I might I kept getting images that I either couldn't figure out the code to or it wasn't accepting the input. This site honestly has the toughest Captcha image generator I've ever encountered. >w>;;
Can 1CC the toughest shmups, but gets undone by a Captcha. Tempted to say 'Git Gud' :lol: but...it does sound frustrating :cry:
Dochartaigh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:39 am
Lander wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:16 am Not necessarily theme or backend related, but has the site been really slow for anyone else over the last day or so?
Me too. Timed out a couple times today, wasn't loading new posts from the last ~5 hours either... and super slow.
Yes me too. Loading crazy slow today.
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles
Mero

Post by Mero »

Running very slow for me since last night as well.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Still taking 30-40 seconds just to load a single page on here. Halp.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Same same. Thought I'd been throttled for all the Dick Stock. Image Image
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Yeah, I assume there must be some type of memory leak or overflow or something to that effect, it's making it pretty hard to browse anything. Hopefully it's an easy enough fix, when system11 has the time.
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

Under attack from Israel's Unit 8800 for posting wrongthink about exploding children.
Steven

Post by Steven »

It's probably revenge for me posting that Amiga Out Run intro the other day.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Yeah, really slow.
Didn't think of coming here as I assumed it was a server (it was taking over a minute to perform the initial TLS handshake) and not a software problem. But I may as well join in the chorus.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Fortunately it seems fixed now.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

BurlyHeart wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:07 amCan 1CC the toughest shmups, but gets undone by a Captcha. Tempted to say 'Git Gud' :lol: but...it does sound frustrating :cry:

You've uncovered my secret! It's true: I've been a robot this whole time. ;w;

Also the site's back to being slow as molasses this morning. Yeah, it's unfortunate, whatever it is isn't browser or desktop vs mobile specific.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Great, now it's super slow again. It was fine for a few minutes, but not anymore.
Lander

It's a slow post, in stasis...

Post by Lander »

Well, at least it's not poetic punishment for Last edited by Lander at XX:YY:ZZPM: Edited 15 times in total.

Nothing quite like a bit of technical trouble to bring out unspoken poster neuroses :mrgreen:
BIL

Post by BIL »

Seems like a

RETURN TO MAXIMUM SPEED (w´) (w;)

Keep this cued just in case though lads (■`w´■)

edit: nm I jinxed it :3
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

This forum is running laggier than a City Connection Psikyo port! Heyoooooo

I'll be here all week.
Starfighter

Post by Starfighter »

30 seconds to load a page on a 144hz monitor amounts to 4320 frames of latency. I give it a day before someone effortlessly beats Hibachi and tell us to just deal with it and adjust our gameplay accordingly. :D