Wanted: Shmup sound effects

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
SteevTee

Wanted: Shmup sound effects

Post by SteevTee »

I was wondering if anybody can recommend a good source for good shmup-type sound effects (you know, lasers, explosions, that sort of thing). Are there sound library CDs or websites available that anybody can suggest?
GamerTag: TrevorMcFurr

"If she makes it, she should be a perfectly normal and healthy cat. Other than having two faces."
sven666

Post by sven666 »

back in the days when i lived in rotterdam the local virgin megastore had an entire section devoted to "studio CDs" crammed with sound effects.. maybe they still have them :)
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
mrMagenta

Post by mrMagenta »

sometimes music stores, as in those that sell keyboards, studio equipment and instruments have SFX cds. but i've found that it isn't very hard to make the sounds yourself, using software synths or wavegenerators and a sound editing program, like cool edit. lazers and blips, powerups etc. are usually the easiest, while good explosions take some more work. it's difficult to find good sounds on the net. if you find any nice collections for free downloading it would be cool to pile em up here.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Check your local library. My hometown had a section that had some sound effects CDs.