Toys, Action Figures, Statues, etc. (NO FUNKO, PEASANT.)

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
drauch

Toys, Action Figures, Statues, etc. (NO FUNKO, PEASANT.)

Post by drauch »

Obviously a focus on game-related stuff, but anything is welcome (except Funko pops -- wtf is wrong with you). I always want to gush about cool shit and there's not a good place to do that. Not sure if anyone cares, but now you have a place to do it! News, stuff you bought, stuff you want -- whatever.

For built models, there's already a few:

Non-shmup game models

Shmup models
Last edited by drauch on Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
drauch

Re: Toys, Action Figures, Statues, etc. (NO FUNKO, PEASANT.)

Post by drauch »

Unbox Industries has been releasing a number of awesome sofubi soft-vinyl Splatterhouse figures over the years. They're fawkin' huge and gorgeous. They just announced this dude, the loveable, punchable, hanging dead dude. Now, where's my hanging baby from SH2?

BryanM

Post by BryanM »

For those suffering from a dearth of funko pops in your lives, the game Cruelty Squad has walls made of the things just for you.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

The Todd McFarlane Movie Manicas line of The Thing is incredible in that you can view 'em both in all three dimensions (whereas in the groundbreaking 1982 film of the same name, you really couldn't). Even the Clive Barker's Hellraiser figures series from McFarlane Toys were pushing it with their overall aesthetics/vibe going on. You might recall being able to buy a "Lament Configuration Box" to put together -- quite a fun devilish Rubik's Cube puzzler indeed (the LCB does gain a new shape/form in the 2nd Hellraiser sequel of Hellraiser II: Hellbound circa 1988).

One Halloween, I was inside a local grocery store and there was a bagger dressed up in full garb as the infamous Cenobite character of Hellraiser -- it looked like it was professionally done -- you could see the individual nails placed on the headpiece/mask was quite something.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
drauch

Post by drauch »

Movie Maniacs were really incredible, especially for their time. Facial sculpts weren't always the great, but most studios still have that issue today for a much higher price. NECA is releasing a new The Thing dog set this year, which I'll be getting. Hope they do some more!
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »