Thank Goodness for the XBOX Achievement Rule Changes

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sturmvogel Prime

Thank Goodness for the XBOX Achievement Rule Changes

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

If you ask me, I say this is great news because I like when games demand you to do challenging yet possible-to-do things to get the achievements.

Microsoft has reinforced their achievement rules to stop Shovelware and "Gamerscore Milkers".
https://www.trueachievements.com/n53899 ... gamerscore
https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/05/r ... ment-rules
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki
BryanM

Re: Thank Goodness for the XBOX Achievement Rule Changes

Post by BryanM »

Haha, I remember those. Mocked heavily in the game Achievement Unlocked!

... they still do those? ... of course they do... people love dumb numbers that don't mean anything... and have all kinds of hobbies...

These things can really only mean anything within the context of a game and its community. The only time I've felt any pride and/or accomplishment from them are the medals in ArKnights, which are basically "complete all the content in an event". None of that kill 15 million rats bs.

And they mean nothing to you, because they shouldn't. You don't know, man. How bullshit some of those stages can be. Boss mechanics that kill all your dudes while making a mockery of the last fifteen minutes of your life.

Put a number on that? Debase it further by attaching it to some hi-score leaderboard? Might as well put a number on a sunset or someone's tendonitis.

---

This is all hella retro. Really brings back the Ouya days vibe.
The 90s MTV and Nickelodeon generation mistakenly thought Gamers would have a sense of humor about themselves
cfx

Post by cfx »

I long for a future where Sony allows me to totally opt out of trophy nonsense.

Achievements/trophies are one of the worst things to happen to gaming right up there with microtransactions.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Always not a fan of Achievement Trophies in general, many of them looks tedious as well. For me achievement is something like no death/1CC runs/high score play.