MACROSS Shooting Insight PS4/Switch/PC

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
NeoStrayCat

Re: MACROSS Shooting Insight PS4/Switch/PC

Post by NeoStrayCat »

If there was any other reason to say "Eff Harmony Gold", because of no DYRL DLC overseas (and their obvious BS licensing shenanigans involving the original Macross), then this would be it.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

I've been saying "Eff Harmony Gold" for years. Decades, even.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

On one hand, lol.

On the other, Sheryl Nowe and Sharon Apple > Minmei, soo...
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Did Minmay get snapped by Thanos or something? "Hikaru, I don't feel so good!"
sunnshiner

Post by sunnshiner »

I love Macross but, ugh, 'songstress'. Get. In. The. Fucking. Sea.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

BulletMagnet wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:11 am Delayed to March.
God, another long wait... Are the flames of COVID and SAG-AFTRA still not behind us?
ExitPlanetDust

Post by ExitPlanetDust »

I had not seen this posted. TGS coverage:

https://youtu.be/1tA03ABBtg4
Bear78

Post by Bear78 »

Got an email from Play-Asia saying the Japanese PS5 Physical will not have English support.

xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Aw man... But I can still play it on my PS5, though, right?
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

xxx1993 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:08 pm Aw man... But I can still play it on my PS5, though, right?
All modern consoles are region-free.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Thank God. I hope language barriers won't make this hard to play.
Bear78

Post by Bear78 »

I'd imagine this is mostly going to effect story / cutscenes the most. I'm curious if someone like LRG picks up the English version for a physical which I'd assume will be missing content due to all the crazy license stuff.
Last edited by Bear78 on Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ExitPlanetDust

Post by ExitPlanetDust »

Mmm this isn’t getting a western release if Harmony Gold’s track record is any indication.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

ExitPlanetDust wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:55 am Mmm this isn’t getting a western release if Harmony Gold’s track record is any indication.
Umm...Yes it is, Harmony Gold lowered their stance across later Macross stuff lately (like Delta and 7) and is letting them license it stateside, the exceptions are the main 3 that formed Robotech (Macross, Southern Cross, Mospeda) and DYRL (Do You Remember Love).

There's even an official English site for it too. (-> https://macross-si.bushiroadgames.com/en/) It wouldn't have a overseas release if they weren't bothering to make one, however, at the moment, the official site lists that the Steam version, for now, is releasing worldwide, but only with JP text (PS and Switch versions both physically and digitally in JP for now). Additional languages and a global release will be mentioned at a later date.

Sadly, however, the Macross DYRL side of the story (or its characters, rather [Hikaru Ichijo/Rick Hunter and Lynn Minmay]) is JP only and as DLC. (Presumably as to get around dealing with Harmony Gold's nonsense.)
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

There's just one thing that bothers me about this game, aside from removing Lynn Minmay... Where's Leon Sakaki, Aisha Blanchette, and Mina Forte? From Macross 30?
ExitPlanetDust

Post by ExitPlanetDust »

NeoStrayCat wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:25 pm
ExitPlanetDust wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:55 am Mmm this isn’t getting a western release if Harmony Gold’s track record is any indication.
Umm...Yes it is, Harmony Gold lowered their stance across later Macross stuff lately (like Delta and 7) and is letting them license it stateside, the exceptions are the main 3 that formed Robotech (Macross, Southern Cross, Mospeda) and DYRL (Do You Remember Love).

There's even an official English site for it too. (-> https://macross-si.bushiroadgames.com/en/) It wouldn't have a overseas release if they weren't bothering to make one, however, at the moment, the official site lists that the Steam version, for now, is releasing worldwide, but only with JP text (PS and Switch versions both physically and digitally in JP for now). Additional languages and a global release will be mentioned at a later date.

Sadly, however, the Macross DYRL side of the story (or its characters, rather [Hikaru Ichijo/Rick Hunter and Lynn Minmay]) is JP only and as DLC. (Presumably as to get around dealing with Harmony Gold's nonsense.)
My apologies. I stand corrected. And shocked.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Thank god for region-free systems and translation apps. Will be picking up the import for sure.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
FrankHill

Post by FrankHill »

Thank you for sharing! The teaser looks intriguing, especially with Kaminari's involvement. Can't wait to see more gameplay and learn about the mechanics.Blue WhatsApp Download
ExitPlanetDust

Post by ExitPlanetDust »

I stumbled upon a 10 minute uncut gameplay video this afternoon from TGS23.

https://youtu.be/TXeqEyFRgM0
cfx

Post by cfx »

I also stumbled onto that same video yesterday. Gameplay, enemy patterns, and design looks as generic and uninspired as I expected from anything published by Bushiroad, especially since they tried as much as possible to hide any gameplay in their own promo videos. Their previous publsihed Dragon Maid game didn't inspire any confidence either.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Well, it can't be Macross: SI without another delay...for the Steam version that is (despite it being counting down close to release today, doubtful it'll come out at all today). -> https://twitter.com/MACROSS_SI/status/1 ... 0554982523

The Google translation reads as this...
Apology and notice regarding delay in distribution of the Steam version of "Macross -Shooting Insight-"

Thank you very much for your continued patronage of our products.
``Macross -Shooting Insight-'', which is scheduled to start distribution on Steam from March 14, 2024, has been postponed due to some operational issues.
There is no impact on the release of the packaged version or download version for Nintendo Switch/PlayStation4/PlayStation5.

As soon as we have a plan for the start of distribution, we will promptly notify you on the "Macross -Shooting Insight-" official website and official X account.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to everyone who has been looking forward to this product.

Otherwise, the console versions are ready to go. (That and their fumbling on not including the Weiss Schwarz promo card in the physical PS versions that you now have to make an order form to get it, that's if you own the physical PS versions, of course.)
Last edited by NeoStrayCat on Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bear78

Post by Bear78 »

NeoStrayCat wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:52 pm
Otherwise, the console versions are ready to go. (That and their fumbling on not including the Weiss Schwarz in the physical PS versions that you now have to make an order form to get it, that's if you own the physical PS versions, of course.)
I missed this piece... I got the PS5 physical on it's way to me. There's something I have to do to get the DLC?

EDIT: just saw the twitter post. Here is the form to fill out: https://form.bushiroad.com/form/macross_si-ws0314

Also Red Art Games announced a Western Physical today. Sounds like no DYRL content but has English text.

https://fxtwitter.com/REDARTGAMES/statu ... U0vkA&s=19
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

@Bear78
I typed my post too quickly, I meant to say promo card, not DLC. Post updated, and yeah, just ironically as the delay for the Steam version happens, Red Art Games comes with the save for bringing the game overseas.
Bear78

Post by Bear78 »

All good, I might have misunderstood it also as I was using a translator app. I did fill out the form even though I'm in the US. Never know, might get it :P
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Would love to see more gameplay of this
Not hyped until I see it in action!
hyp36rmax

Post by hyp36rmax »

For those of you already playing or planning to purchase the Japanese releases on Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, and Steam... Here's a quick English menu translation. Captured from NS version

Gameplay

Gallery

Ranking

Option

hyp36rmax

Post by hyp36rmax »

Here's a quickplay from the first stage on Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqsiJKHIqoY
hyp36rmax

Post by hyp36rmax »

For those of you looking to purchase for PS4 in hopes to play it on PS5 or vice versa, it's gated.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Honestly? Looks meh AF.