MACROSS Shooting Insight PS4/Switch/PC

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Rastan78

MACROSS Shooting Insight PS4/Switch/PC

Post by Rastan78 »

This is an upcoming shmup published by Bushiroad to be released in 2023. The dev is Kaminari who recently did the Miss Kobayashi Dragon Maid game.

https://youtu.be/TieDIw7zZ60

The teaser doesn't show much, but it appears to be a vert/hori hybrid.
xxx1993

Re: MACROSS Shooting Insight PS4/Switch/PC

Post by xxx1993 »

This should be a fun one. I remember Macross had a few shmups, three arcade games based on the first Macross movie Do You Remember Love?, one based on the sadly non-canon Macross II, and a third based on Macross Plus. There was also a Famicom one, as well as Scrambled Valkyrie for the SNES, and finally another one based on Do You Remember Love? for the Saturn and PlayStation. In fact, those are what got me into the franchise in the first place.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Holy fuck, I hope this forms up with Hamster's Banpresto deal like GOLION to spur an ACA Macross II. I'd bust all over me fookin crisps m8.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I just hope this game includes characters from Frontier and Delta. Heck, maybe even throw in those from 30 too.
BIL

Post by BIL »

x93-kun, I'm ashamed of myself, but they could replace all the character art with Goatse, and I'd still preorder ACA Macross II the instant it was possible. (;`w´;) Call it a disease... a SHOOTAHOLISM if you will Image
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

I'm afraid this annoucement drives away any release of the Banpresto games via Hamster, if that was on the table.
BIL

Post by BIL »

I don't know, weirder shit has happened WRT old licensed properties in Hamster and City Connection's orbit.
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

My point is that the Macross license can't have two different licencees at the same time for the same platforms.
BIL

Post by BIL »

My knowledge of Big Robot Anime contract law is limited to "it's all kinds of fucked," could you elaborate on that? AFAIK Big West's last comment was in 2021, seems promising.

Ah, I dunno. In the mood to gamble; get rich or die tryin', you know? Image Life is pain, especially for port-beggars. :lol:
Last edited by BIL on Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

It's just based on history. A four party agreement (with 2 licencees with the very same targets) is extremely unusual, so it will rarely happen for minor stuff like 30-years-old arcade games.
Last edited by Bassa-Bassa on Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Oh right. Yeah, I know what you mean. Just wondering if it was some specifically godawful draconia, ala The Tetris Company WRT Arika/TGM.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Big West is licensing it, and I don't see HG on that licensing(thank god), so it's probably 7/Frontier/Plus based.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
sunnshiner

Post by sunnshiner »

I love Macross. Anyone played the excellent Sega AM2 game on the PS2?
BIL

Post by BIL »

sunnshiner wrote:I love Macross. Anyone played the excellent Sega AM2 game on the PS2?
Yeah! Wonderful arcade/sim spacefighter, that. Like all the best console-original action games, I could easily see it in a cab with the barest of modifications.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Rastan78 wrote:This is an upcoming shmup published by Bushiroad to be released in 2023. The dev is Kaminari who recently did the Miss Kobayashi Dragon Maid game.
I don't have high hopes after hearing that .. Dragonmaid shmup was pretty dire.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

cj iwakura wrote:Big West is licensing it, and I don't see HG on that licensing(thank god), so it's probably 7/Frontier/Plus based.
What? So no Delta? Come on, I want to kick some alien ass as Hayate Immelman! And have Walkure's music energize me!
cfx

Post by cfx »

Udderdude wrote:
Rastan78 wrote:This is an upcoming shmup published by Bushiroad to be released in 2023. The dev is Kaminari who recently did the Miss Kobayashi Dragon Maid game.
I don't have high hopes after hearing that .. Dragonmaid shmup was pretty dire.
Yeah my hope for a good game plummeted after reading that.

The two "screenshots" in the video do look a little better than that game though.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Delta... gross
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Strider77 wrote:Delta... gross
Hey, I find Delta criminally underrated... I have a soft spot for it myself. And I recently saw Absolute Live, and I loved it.
Spoiler
Too bad about Freyja, though.
PerishedFraud ឵឵

Post by PerishedFraud ឵឵ »

has anyone made the MacrOSS joke yet
Fun Over Victory| Shitpost Central | Shmusic Archive | Old Account | tuckfouhou@gmail.com
Nifty

Post by Nifty »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSjFe3ACVgU
New-ish trailer, still not a whole lot to see yet but what there is looks firmly enough in the mould of Caladrius/Raiden V
Live to fly, fly to live, it's all very orthodox
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Goddammit.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

xxx1993 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:27 am
cj iwakura wrote:Big West is licensing it, and I don't see HG on that licensing(thank god), so it's probably 7/Frontier/Plus based.
What? So no Delta? Come on, I want to kick some alien ass as Hayate Immelman! And have Walkure's music energize me!
Delta isn't under HG's umbrella either, all they can hold back is anything(everything?) from the OG series and DYRL.

(Flashback 2012 isn't theirs either, fortunately.)
cfx

Post by cfx »

The trailer Ninty posted above shows Lynn Minmay, Maximillian Jenius and Hikaru Ichijou...

Does the HG control extend to Japan? There's no indication this game is coming out in the west after all.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

cfx wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:01 pm The trailer Ninty posted above shows Lynn Minmay, Maximillian Jenius and Hikaru Ichijou...

Does the HG control extend to Japan? There's no indication this game is coming out in the west after all.
Nope, they can do whatever they want, it just affects anything released globally, far as I can tell.

So basically, Flashback 2012 and after? HG has no involvement whatsoever.

Anything involving Robotech, "Rick Hunter", Minmei(apart from FB 2012), HG has to be involved.
cfx

Post by cfx »

cj iwakura wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:23 pm
cfx wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:01 pm The trailer Ninty posted above shows Lynn Minmay, Maximillian Jenius and Hikaru Ichijou...

Nope, they can do whatever they want, it just affects anything released globally, far as I can tell.

So basically, Flashback 2012 and after? HG has no involvement whatsoever.

Anything involving Robotech, "Rick Hunter", Minmei(apart from FB 2012), HG has to be involved.
And now the definitive verification of this. English and Japanese websites for the game. Besides the blatantly obvious, note pilots in the character section.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Looks like Minmay was removed from western promotional images, probably meaning more Harmony Gold nonsense. If everyone actively killing Macross in the west at HG died, would it be the worst thing in the world? I'd think not.

Luckily, this game looks like shit so it's hard to get upset!
cfx

Post by cfx »

EmperorIng wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:08 pm Luckily, this game looks like shit so it's hard to get upset!
How can you tell? They refuse to actually show the game for more than 5 seconds at a time! (Which probably says it all really.) :shock: