M2 ShotTriggers DDP Daioujou Rinne Tensei

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
hamfighterx

Re: M2 ShotTriggers DDP Daioujou Rinne Tensei

Post by hamfighterx »

cfx wrote:While I don't hate CityConnection as some do, here I certainly hope not, as wouldn't that mean it would just be the PS2 port converted?
I'd be pretty surprised to see anyone doing a port of the PS2 Ibara. Pink Sweets may be somewhat more likely though, given the many ports of 360 Cave games from City Connection (Deathsmiles I&II, Akai Katana) and Live Wire (DDP Daifukkatsu, Espgaluda II, Mushihimesama). Probably behind the more commercially viable Mushi Futari and DDP Saidaioujou though.

For some reason, I also don't see M2 doing a package of Ibara + Pink Sweets. I think it would be more likely that M2 eventually does a ShotTriggers release for Ibara + Ibara Kuro (which is quite a substantial revision), and I hope they do that some day.
cfx wrote:As for these selling outside the hardcore fan base, do you really think many of the existing ones have done that? I bought the Aleste Collection and love it, but I can't imagine that having a wide appeal.
Totally agreed. These aren't games that are going to be breakout hits for anyone who isn't already a serious STG fan. But to look at that through a different lens, companies like M2 and City Connection can probably do a much better job of accurately gauging sales numbers, since the games will sell to the hardcore fanbase at what I would imagine is a pretty consistent and predictable rate. Really helpful for budgeting and planning purposes when they have a good handle on costs versus revenue.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

cfx wrote: While I don't hate CityConnection as some do, here I certainly hope not, as wouldn't that mean it would just be the PS2 port converted?
Yeah, even if you want to defend CityConnection, their releases are low-effort. Eg. license a Saturn emulator and bundle it with existing code, etc. They aren't going to single-handedly make a new port of Ibara, and it definitely wouldn't have Kuro. :)

Given their penchant for YGW games, I don't see an M2 Ibara as particularly unlikely.
cfx

Post by cfx »

hamfighterx wrote:
cfx wrote:While I don't hate CityConnection as some do, here I certainly hope not, as wouldn't that mean it would just be the PS2 port converted?
I'd be pretty surprised to see anyone doing a port of the PS2 Ibara. Pink Sweets may be somewhat more likely though, given the many ports of 360 Cave games from City Connection (Deathsmiles I&II, Akai Katana) and Live Wire (DDP Daifukkatsu, Espgaluda II, Mushihimesama). Probably behind the more commercially viable Mushi Futari and DDP Saidaioujou though.
I might have this wrong, but I seem to recall reading it here somewhere--weren't some of the City Connection Psikyo ports using PS2 versions? That's why I thought of that as a possibility.
Sumez wrote:Given their penchant for YGW games, I don't see an M2 Ibara as particularly unlikely.
That's my thought; the first ShotTriggers was Battle Garegga, and they've done a bunch of Cave since, and Ibara combines the two. :D
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

Dreaming of a DonPachi anthology collection.
I'd actually pay like $70 if it means I get the best versions of DP, DDP, DOJ, DFK, and SDOJ in one package.

But I really just want DDP1 the most. That's my favorite Cave game aesthetically. It's such a rockin, fiery game and I love the roars of the explosion effects in that game more than any other STG.

Wasn't that game technically "ported" on 360 but it was buried in some trashy, creepy visual novel?
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

XoPachi wrote:Dreaming of a DonPachi anthology collection.
I'd actually pay like $70 if it means I get the best versions of DP, DDP, DOJ, DFK, and SDOJ in one package.
Lmao. Bro.
That release would be like… $300.
MJR

Post by MJR »

But I really just want DDP1 the most. That's my favorite Cave game aesthetically. It's such a rockin, fiery game and I love the roars of the explosion effects in that game more than any other STG.
+1 for original DDP. I got the PS1 version and given it lot of love, but due to slightly faster speed it feels just way too difficult.

Original Dodonpachi is certainly the first Cave I ever played, and still my favourite from them all. I love the pixel graphics, I feel it all went downhill from there with the scanned backgrounds and rendered sprites. It's a travesty that the PS1 version was the last "official" home version it ever got since.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

kid aphex wrote:
Lmao. Bro.
And for $70 I'll take Raiden M2 complete edition with best versions of Raiden I, II, DX, Viper Phase 1, Raiden Fighters 1, 2 and Jet :wink:
BEAMLORD

Post by BEAMLORD »

I could certainly see an OG DP/DDP double-header being a thing. Two long-neglected games in terms of official availability, the latter especially given its totemic status as the grandaddy of the bullet hell genre. Would probably be given some bollocks Matrix-style name though, like "Dodonpachi: Origins" or some shit. Regardless, I'd be in for penny, having no convenient way to play either at the moment in original arcade form.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Nothing can ever be worse than Deathtiny... :|
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
BEAMLORD

Post by BEAMLORD »

Jonpachi wrote:Nothing can ever be worse than Deathtiny... :|
You're probably right, there
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

kid aphex wrote:Lmao. Bro.
Paid.
[Animorphs into Mike Tyson]
BIL

Post by BIL »

XoPachi wrote:
[Animorphs into Mike Tyson]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

When Ketsui got ported to PS4, for weeks I was calling it "Death Tiny" and squinting my eyes in confusion reading it. But, it finally clicked when I said it out loud.
Then, for the first time ever, there was something I didn't like about Ketsui.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

XoPachi wrote:
kid aphex wrote:Lmao. Bro.
Paid.
Me too, obviously.
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

MJR wrote: +1 for original DDP. I got the PS1 version and given it lot of love, but due to slightly faster speed it feels just way too difficult.

Original Dodonpachi is certainly the first Cave I ever played, and still my favourite from them all. I love the pixel graphics, I feel it all went downhill from there with the scanned backgrounds and rendered sprites. It's a travesty that the PS1 version was the last "official" home version it ever got since.
I occasionally draw a spaceship here and there. DoDonPachi and Dangun Feveron are the main titles I pull from when trying to design something. The detail and visual depth is just an absolute treat and my favorite pixel art style. I'd frequently use their games as reference.

Personally, I love Cave's later look too. They do my favorite prerendered visuals for their "modern" games. Their Gen 7 era work especially was very crispy and smooth. But their old mid 90's pixel art, those two titles in particular, are just magical to me. As were the lovely machine designs that made great use of the rich detail.
Acid_Rain

Post by Acid_Rain »

Any news on this one?
MaXXX

Post by MaXXX »

Acid_Rain wrote:Any news on this one?
YES, THEY STILL HAVEN'T ANNOUNCED IT ON PC

FIX THE SLOWDOWN BUG ON WIN10, M2, YOU ASSHOLES, I WANT TO BUY THIS
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

MaXXX wrote: YES, THEY STILL HAVEN'T ANNOUNCED IT ON PC

FIX THE SLOWDOWN BUG ON WIN10, M2, YOU ASSHOLES, I WANT TO BUY THIS
Are you joking or are you that much of a shithead?
MaXXX

Post by MaXXX »

The latter

I want my Gregga Steam port
Steven

Post by Steven »

Steam sucks, GOG is better.
MaXXX

Post by MaXXX »

Any PC port will do
BIL

Post by BIL »

MaXXX wrote:The latter

I want my Gregga Steam port
Image Image

I hope M2 eventually pull a Natsume and get (at least some of) their shit on PC too. Way too many quality peeps left out with the current console-only arrangement. Only thing giving me pause is the innate fragility of such outfits. Be watching over them like Vito @ Fredo in Godfather 2 naw mean 3;
Steven

Post by Steven »

Hoping for a port is probably just going to disappoint you anyway since I'm pretty sure M2 ShotTriggers isn't ports and instead uses very nice emulation with runahead, but...
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

Kind of upset this one isn't hitting Switch unless I misread or missed something.
I don't really like the DS4 for these kind of games and I like having my current gen arcade ports on the go. I still buy the big STG PS4 releases, but it's just not my preferred platform.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

They haven't actually announced platforms yet, AFAICT. They've demoed it on a PS4 but no word what other platforms they're planning. I'm hoping there's a Switch version too.
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

MaXXX wrote:Any PC port will do
your wish will be granted with battle greg s-tribute
Steven

Post by Steven »

Joker Jun said on Twitter that apparently there is a new element doll or dolls in this.

https://twitter.com/JokeRJUN/status/1656510685759811584

I might be reading this wrong because Japanese is a super vague-ass language, but it's either that there is art of (a) new element doll(s) or new art of (an) element doll(s). I imagine it's probably the former, but who knows.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Ms. Tea wrote:They haven't actually announced platforms yet, AFAICT. They've demoed it on a PS4 but no word what other platforms they're planning. I'm hoping there's a Switch version too.
One of the testers on twitter let slip that they were testing the port on the soytendo soytch.

Feeling conflicted for sure... do I wanna buy this on my switch? But is it really worth it to buy a game I'll only ever beat whatever braindead SuperEasy mode they have, if that?
mirkvid

Post by mirkvid »

What would Dolemite do? Buy it and take the punishment! DOJ is awesome, new modes and maybe dolls/ships? Yes please.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I used to buy everything on Switch, but now I've flipped it 100%. It's cute to have all these little red boxes, and it felt like some sort of scene for a minute, but my long-term value is going to come from owning the best available console versions of the games, and that's gonna be on PS4/5 or Xbox (I don't play on PC).
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!