M2 ShotTriggers DDP Daioujou Rinne Tensei

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ryu

Re: M2 ShotTriggers DDP Daioujou Rinne Tensei

Post by ryu »

I cheaped out and got the regular special ed. What's on the wall scroll?

Also I got Hori's Octa pad since I was going to need it for fighting games on PS5 anyways. The dpad
has a better feel than that of the regular PS5 controller, but I can tell where people who complain about it being hard come from. This also explains the Amazon reviews claiming to have broken their pads. I know guys that absolutely violate their controllers and can see them breaking this one easily. Shouldn't be a problem for me thankfully.

Is noone going to post their arrange mode scores?
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Triple Lei

Post by Triple Lei »

Warp_Rattler wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:16 am
Steven wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:14 am This game just claimed a casualty: the d-pad on my Retro-Bit Saturn controller stopped registering down inputs immediately after I destroyed the stage 2 miniboss. Opened the controller to find the d-pad's down thingy cracked. Great. Looks like I'm not playing this game, or anything else on Switch, for a while.
I had this happen to me about a year ago, with a Retro-bit Saturn pad from one of their initial runs. The plastic used in the d-pad actuator was flimsy and this was a common problem with that run. I reached out to Retro-bit and was surprised that they sent me a replacement actuator, free of charge, some years after I bought it! They obviously may be less willing to ship one to you in Japan, but if you have any regular package exchanges with family/friends back home it may be worth looking into. I haven't had any issues with my controller since replacing the actuator; I also have another one from a later run where the issue was supposedly fixed, and there are no problems with that either.

The 3d-printed part Triple Lei mentioned above may also work, though that one looks a bit different from what's inside the Retro-bit controller--I'm not 100% sure but I recall there being a single screw securing the actuator to the d-pad itself. I took a quick skim through Thingiverse and this piece looks a lot more like the replacement. Is 3d-printed plastic generally tough/dense enough to use for high-stress applications like this?

Whatever it takes to stop the butchery of a poor, innocent OG Saturn controller!
Just to put a bookend on this:

My controller actuator broke too on 2/25. It's cool that retro-bit can send you a replacement, but I thought I'd try the 3D printing service anyway. I downloaded the .stl linked by Warp_Rattler, went to my preferred 3D printing service (Craftcloud), and chose the hardest material they offered, which was titanium. :twisted: All in, $58.35 shipped, which is more than I originally paid for the controller, but whatever. I made the order on 2/25 and it arrived at my door, from China, on 3/7.

Warp_Rattler was also right about the screw; there really should be a hole for the screw in the 3D printed part, but you don't need it as it's now friction fit. Actually, the retro-bit d-pad wouldn't even fit all the way into the actuator; I had to trim all four sides of the little plug with an Xacto knife until it fit in some more. I think you want the plug shape to be more straight and less like the letter V. But even now I don't have it in all the way (I think the original actuator would click when fully set), so the d-pad is maybe 0.5 to 1 millimeter higher than it should be. Still, it's better than completely untrimmed, and the untrimmed height really did affect the performance with a slower return to neutral. If it wasn't so hard to remove, I'd keep trimming. Probably should've checked first with calipers, but I'm satisfied.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

ryu wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:50 pm I cheaped out and got the regular special ed. What's on the wall scroll?
The cover of the regular edition.
ryu

Post by ryu »

evil_ash_xero wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:46 pm The cover of the regular edition.
Maybe I shouldn't have cheaped out, that artwork is really nice.

Arrange L is weird af. Very easy all the way to the end and then Hibachi just destroys you unless you have practiced the battle. :?
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
digitron

Post by digitron »

PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I noticed the Switch port auto-d/l'ed the latest patch v1.0.3 today 4/11/2024.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
ThundergunExpress

Post by ThundergunExpress »

Did it fix the menu slow down? I have some mx switch arcade buttons coming today, but I won't be able to check until later.

Edit: It's kinda fixed? It now stutters for a few frames every other second, but after about 10 or 15 seconds if you move the selection around it's fine.
Last edited by ThundergunExpress on Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jorel81

Post by Jorel81 »

I've been playing a lot of DOJ on the PS5 these past few months.

Recently, maybe because of the patch, I don't know, I've been getting some random frame stutters while playing. So I switched to using my PS4 Pro. So far it's been fine.

Has anyone else noticed any slight frame stutters on the PS5 lately or in the past? And if so is there a fix?

Thanks!
digitron

Post by digitron »

Jorel81 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:15 pm I've been playing a lot of DOJ on the PS5 these past few months.

Recently, maybe because of the patch, I don't know, I've been getting some random frame stutters while playing. So I switched to using my PS4 Pro. So far it's been fine.

Has anyone else noticed any slight frame stutters on the PS5 lately or in the past? And if so is there a fix?

Thanks!
Interesting, any difference with the display response setting enabled/disabled? (Game Setting > System Setting > First Option)

I'm also on PS5 and haven't noticed any issues, curious about your monitor/resolution settings maybe..
digitron

Post by digitron »

Steven wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:10 am Lack of a training mode for Black Label is really stupid and disappointing. At least save states are here.
I agree, kinda surprised this wasn't in the recent patch. I guess since the JP super players (SPS) mostly play WL maybe they don't care about BL mode? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I don’t see the point of a training mode when you have save states. Save state practice is so much more efficient in my eyes, as it lets me directly target problem areas. Training modes feel redundant when I can create all those bespoke practice points based on real run conditions.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Jorel81

Post by Jorel81 »

digitron wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm
Jorel81 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:15 pm I've been playing a lot of DOJ on the PS5 these past few months.

Thanks!
Interesting, any difference with the display response setting enabled/disabled? (Game Setting > System Setting > First Option)

I'm also on PS5 and haven't noticed any issues, curious about your monitor/resolution settings maybe..
I don't think I ever changed that setting. After about 110 hours played suddenly it just started hanging up. It appears though that I fixed it by doing a system reset on my PS5 thankfully. It was fine all weekend.

Also I just have it plugged into a UHD television, nothing out of the ordinary.

Ya know, since I don't read Japanese it's very possible I did something weird with the game settings when I set it up, but it's weird that it took about 110 hours before it manifested. If nobody else has experienced it, and it's fixed after a reset, it must have been some setting somewhere. I'm just stoked it works, it's kind of my favorite game right now.
digitron

Post by digitron »

Jonpachi wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:38 pm I don’t see the point of a training mode when you have save states. Save state practice is so much more efficient in my eyes, as it lets me directly target problem areas. Training modes feel redundant when I can create all those bespoke practice points based on real run conditions.
Yeah I know what you mean I usually use save states as well but I guess it's more less "one of the perks" of buying a M2 port and the ability to jump right into certain stages/bosses, change your rank, difficulty, etc. without having to manually create all the saves is nice too. I like the way they have all the stages and bosses mapped out in the Arcade Challenge menu.
Jorel81 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:24 pm I don't think I ever changed that setting. After about 110 hours played suddenly it just started hanging up. It appears though that I fixed it by doing a system reset on my PS5 thankfully. It was fine all weekend.

Also I just have it plugged into a UHD television, nothing out of the ordinary.

Ya know, since I don't read Japanese it's very possible I did something weird with the game settings when I set it up, but it's weird that it took about 110 hours before it manifested. If nobody else has experienced it, and it's fixed after a reset, it must have been some setting somewhere. I'm just stoked it works, it's kind of my favorite game right now.
Thanks for reporting your findings, good to know and glad you fixed it. What would I do without Google translation camera on my phone? :lol:
Jorel81

Post by Jorel81 »

So true. With out google translate I'd be totally screwed cause right now the M2 efforts into this genre to me are like the most amazing thing ever. Mister FPGA is great...but M2 Shottriggers....man it's so much fun.

Also not to get off topic but I'm finally at the point where in Black Label 2 Round I can consistently make it to the final boss 1 credit, but every time I got a good run going Stage 5 shows me the true meaning of fear and sadness, and I end up at the final boss with like no extends, one bomb, riddled with bullets. Like one engine on fire hah.

I'm sticking with it and I take breaks to play Progear or Helldivers with my buddies who refuse to play STGs but man....Stage 5 is a damn beast. That shit is nasty.
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

What's the likelihood of there being an English localisation?
samspot

Post by samspot »

Unlikely. I don’t think they are selling very well even in Japan. The Black Label score table I checked this week only had about 200 entries and many of them are in english. There is no minimum score to get on the score table.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

AGermanArtist wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:06 am What's the likelihood of there being an English localisation?
Not very good as noted. We've been losing out on most of the recent M2 ShotTriggers lineup here in the west.

I think we're likely just to get the Toaplan collections only due to Toaplan and Limited Run Games both being owned by Embracer. Nothing else I'm afraid.
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

Yeah, I'm sort of asking for someone else in the hope someone can produce the Tweet or article that I'm convinced exists where Nori says to get a JPN PSN account because they aren't doing Western localisations again.
0c0

Post by 0c0 »

I’m confused. Based on v1.0.3 change log, english, it translated, it seems now possible to set no rewind in arcade challenge :

When setting "NO REWIND" in ARCADE CHALLENGE, the number of rewinds displayed in the challenge start window has been displayed as "NO REWIND"

When challenging with the "NO REWIND" setting in ARCADE CHALLENGE, the number of retries is not displayed in SCORE GADGET.

I cannot see this setting in resource settings window of any area. Did I miss something ?