M2 ShotTriggers DDP Daioujou Rinne Tensei

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
MaXXX

Re: M2 ShotTriggers DDP Daioujou

Post by MaXXX »

BRING YOUR PORTS TO PC M2 YOU DICKHEADS
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Well they certainly won't if you ask like that. lol
Redfox

Post by Redfox »

Sengoku Strider wrote:
This gen we've gotten:

Dangun Feveron (M2, PS4) XBOX ONE (SERIES X/S BACKWARD COMPATIBLE)
ESP.Ra.De. (M2, NSW, PS4)
Progear (Capcom, NSW, PS4, XBX)
Ketsui (M2, PS4)
Dodonpachi Daoujou (M2, PS4)
Deathsmiles (City Connection, NSW, PS4) XBOX ONE (SERIES X/S BACKWARD COMPATIBLE)
ESPGaluda II (Livewire, NSW)
Mushihimesama (Livewire, PS4) NSW
Deathsmiles II (City Connection, NSW, PS4) XBOX ONE (SERIES X/S BACKWARD COMPATIBLE)
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu (Livewire, NSW)
Akai Katana (City Connection, NSW, PS4) XBOX ONE (SERIES X/S BACKWARD COMPATIBLE)

Which leaves:

Donpachi
Dodonpachi
Guwange XBOX 360 (XBOX ONE AND SERIES X/S BACKWARD COMPATIBLE) - one of only 2 Cave releases in the Microsoft Xbox BC program, the other being Nin2Jump.
Ibara
ESPGaluda
Pink Sweets
Muchi Muchi pork
Mushihimesama Futari
Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

Hoping for Guwange, Saidai or Ibara next.
Fixed it for ya :)

For the record I agree with everything you said, this has been an amazing gen for Shmups!!!
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Redfox wrote:Guwange XBOX 360 (XBOX ONE AND SERIES X/S BACKWARD COMPATIBLE) - one of only 2 Cave releases in the Microsoft Xbox BC program, the other being Nin2Jump.
That big font size is compensating for something.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Nice to see them do this, as it's been all the way back to ESP Ra.de. since I've been interested in a Shot Triggers release.
That being said... I would have preferred DoDonPachi. It doesn't ever seem like it's going to get a port, other than that weird one in that visual novel game.
It's an all time great. I don't understand why it hasn't been a "Shot Trigger".
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Mark MSX has posted a reaction video to the announcement of DOJ.

https://youtu.be/VLnWf1sQkjY
Redfox

Post by Redfox »

evil_ash_xero wrote: That being said... I would have preferred DoDonPachi. It doesn't ever seem like it's going to get a port, other than that weird one in that visual novel game.
It's an all time great. I don't understand why it hasn't been a "Shot Trigger".
Completely agree there. DDP original is my fav Cave release, they could have added the special Blue label Campaign variant to the mix and everything.

Daioujou is more popular and more esteemed. But like, it's on Iphone it's on PS2, it's more available :p

To Udderdude, and Sengoku, I'm just preaching Xbox baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You PS4 master race peeps are as bad as the Steam only people :)
MJR

Post by MJR »

Agree, M2 release of Dodonpachi, preferably on switch, would have been news of the year for me.
It was THE shmup that reignited my love to the genre 23 years ago. This is just.. ok, cool, whatever :)
MaXXX

Post by MaXXX »

I doubt they even have the source code to Blue Label anymore

I'd guess it's lost to the ages unless the one guy who has the board finally decides to let someone dump it
SPM

Post by SPM »

What we really need next is Donpachi! Improving that OST and adding a new one (plus all the extra stuff they usually do)

Has that game ever been ported?
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
Redfox

Post by Redfox »

MaXXX wrote:I doubt they even have the source code to Blue Label anymore

I'd guess it's lost to the ages unless the one guy who has the board finally decides to let someone dump it

No way in hell. That revision was not made in a day, they wouldn't lose a build that they put effort into (and it looks like they put effort into that) Cave still exists, the office exists, whatever storeoom exists with romsets and archives. Ikeda-san is nothing if not a shrewd and intelligent individual, he would never lose anything. This is not a case like Toaplan where the office went away and everyone found new employment and shit was lost to time.

I'm certain they still have that campaign version in some form.

SPM wrote:What we really need next is Donpachi! Improving that OST and adding a new one (plus all the extra stuff they usually do)

Has that game ever been ported?
You mean the original? It was ported to Saturn and PS1. PS1 version is purchasable and playable today on PS3 via a Jap PSN account, if you have both it's not difficult.
Astro City II

Post by Astro City II »

Sengoku Strider wrote:Image
The times they are a changing.

https://twitter.com/riozamurai/status/1 ... 3358401537
Starfighter

Post by Starfighter »

I wish some of the M2 stuff would get a release in Europe as well. I've heard a lot of good things about their ports but I've yet to try one. I heard something about the Battle Garegga port being released in some european countries, but apparently not mine. :(
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

it's very easy to import games these days. amazon.co.jp ships things to me in the UK in around 3-4 days usually. creating japanese accounts on psn/switch is also pretty straight forward.

it would be great if more of them came out in english, but i'm definitely happy to muddle through the japanese menus to play these games.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Been so out of touch with Shmups lately but I am very pleased to see this port coming to PS4. Will buy for sure.
Starfighter

Post by Starfighter »

Immryr wrote:it's very easy to import games these days. amazon.co.jp ships things to me in the UK in around 3-4 days usually. creating japanese accounts on psn/switch is also pretty straight forward.

it would be great if more of them came out in english, but i'm definitely happy to muddle through the japanese menus to play these games.
Right you are! My country is part of the European Union though, so the import fees and taxes makes it not worth while. A $60 game would end up being $94 (shipping $6, import fee $28) and that's too steep for me, but that's more of a me problem since the option is there if I could afford it. The digital route on the other hand is better! I believe I have a japanese PSN account since before, I bought something off of the japanese store in the past but I can't remember what it was. The whole process of buying region specific prepaid cards to add funds and all that just makes me... a bit childish? I don't know, I just wish they'd include Europe in anything once in a while so we don't have to jump through hoops. :lol:
pulsemod

M2 ShotTriggers DDP Daioujou

Post by pulsemod »

all the more recent M2STG stuff was not released outside of Japan anyways, so that's just how it is for most of us. getting PSN cards from amazon JP is super easy now without extra fees at least, if you go that route
gray117

Post by gray117 »

M2 get onto what I unashamedly think is the best shmup - great news.

Said forever I'd like to see pc ports but I just don't think that's the kind of thing places like m2 are at all interested in. I never get a strong feeling where they stand on portables. With cave there's probably some legals to unpick.... But honestly surprised doj wasn't mired in that.

I really hope they do some kind of interviews and tribute works around this, some suggestions with a bit of art here and there it could be possible.... Has it really been 20 years... :shock:

These days I doubt it will increase interest in these games, but it is great to get them recognised.

Redfox wrote:
Cave still exists, the office exists, whatever storeoom exists with romsets and archives. Ikeda-san is nothing if not a shrewd and intelligent individual, he would never lose anything. This is not a case like Toaplan where the office went away and everyone found new employment and shit was lost to time.

I'm certain they still have that campaign version in some form.
I don't share your optimism on the source code, or that key personnel are still about, but I'd hope they do have the rom somewhere since they did something at an event with it around 2010 or something so I presume would have either located it or redumped it...

... 96-7 seems like that would be just before anyone took this kind of thing seriously. Who knows though - I'd be delighted if m2 could even just put out an emulation.... I just don't know if anyone left at Cave cares (anymore) enough to even help m2 do it... Although given m2's apparent dedication maybe they can just make it happen. Hope is a cruel but wonderful thing :)
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Redfox wrote:To Udderdude, and Sengoku, I'm just preaching Xbox baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You PS4 master race peeps are as bad as the Steam only people :)
Oh, I'm no PS4 supremacist. I'd take a good Switch port any day, I don't even have an arcade stick for my PS4. I only go PS4 if there's no Switch version or if there is one, but it sucks. But if stuff like Ikaruga & Cotton Reboot can make it down to 3 frames of input latency on Switch, then as far as I'm concerned trophies are the only real benefit going PS4 offers.

As for the Xbox...I think I forgot they still make those.
Redfox

Post by Redfox »

Sengoku Strider wrote:
Redfox wrote:To Udderdude, and Sengoku, I'm just preaching Xbox baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You PS4 master race peeps are as bad as the Steam only people :)
Oh, I'm no PS4 supremacist. I'd take a good Switch port any day, I don't even have an arcade stick for my PS4. I only go PS4 if there's no Switch version or if there is one, but it sucks. But if stuff like Ikaruga & Cotton Reboot can make it down to 3 frames of input latency on Switch, then as far as I'm concerned trophies are the only real benefit going PS4 offers.

LOL it's all good. It seems everyone has forgotten that except national trade commissions and governmental bodies lol!

FWIW I love the switch and I also do the Sony thing, but Xbox just makes me happier for some reason.

That said I'm about to import Akai Katana Shin on PS4 if they don't hurry up and release the game in the west!!!! Grrrrrrrrr.
Lander

Post by Lander »

The real strat: Regard every platform with equal scorn, mere cages for the great games they happen to have the privelege of hosting :)
Redfox

Post by Redfox »

Lander wrote:The real strat: Regard every platform with equal scorn, mere cages for the great games they happen to have the privelege of hosting :)
So true! :)
RobHimself

Post by RobHimself »

Sengoku Strider wrote:

Do you by any chance know the input latency on the PS4 version of Ikaruga?
gray117

Post by gray117 »

RobHimself wrote: Do you by any chance know the input latency on the PS4 version of Ikaruga?
BrianC wrote:An input lag test with the Brook UFB Fighting Board showed that the Switch version of Ikaruga has 2.85 frames of lag compared to the 2.5 of the PS4. As for the input polling thing, something seems to have changed in a recent update since even the Mayflash F300 Sanwa stick seems much less laggy than before the update. I'm also under the impression that RAPV has lower input lag than the BT mode of the Switch Pro Controller, even when used with a docked Switch. It looks like all of the recent versions have under 3 frames of lag, which isn't bad at all.
Had this doc bookmarked but had to find the thread again:

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65606
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

It's confusing bc shmup junkie showed the Switch version having more lag with the Brook UFB itself not having very good performance with the Switch docked. That would be surprising bc the Brook UFB is known to be very low latency.

So why does one test show Ikaruga under 3 frames on Switch with the UFB and junkies is almost 2 frames slower? Both tests are a couple years either would probably be on older firmware by now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k5yqmca4vvlr6 ... .xlsx?dl=0
RobHimself

Post by RobHimself »

I wouldn't put much stock in the shmup junkie videos. You need to use methodology like this that could provide more reliable results:

https://inputlag.science/controller/methodology
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I'm assuming this will have Black Label with it?
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

That's a given, knowing M2. I think we actually should be wondering if we can expect another brand-new Label signed by Ikeda.
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

While I wouldn't bet on it, the thought of a new "label" version would make me a heck of a lot more excited about the ShotTriggers release of a game I love, but have played to death. Freshens things up a bit. I'm also hoping we get a couple of great new arranged soundtracks.