Operation Wolf RETURNS

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BIL

Re: Operation Wolf RETURNS

Post by BIL »

CYBERBULLY THOSE WHO INSULT OPERATION WOLF RETURN (`w´メ)

edit: WHAT THE FU
x93 wrote:and making Lucia and Bill Rizer evil for no reason.
I dunno x93! I thought that was a nice bit of oldschool sci-fi pulp, and Contra is 110% that. Everyone goes "LMAO MASTER C IS THE TRUE & HONEST BILL RIZER :cool: (HE CONSCIOUSNESS UPLOADE IN2 A CUMPOOTER :shock: :cool:)" - parroting the villain himself, amusingly enough! But ask yourself, is a soldier's killer instinct distilled and digitised any reflection of the man in toto? Fuck that shit x93! MeatBill can't turn his head into a massive bullet-spraying cybertwat, but he does shoot only Bad People Who Deserve It™, which is a damn sight more accurate!

Lucia was only following orders imo, they could've had Browny strut out with a big pair of novelty tits (and/or floppy rubber cock & balls) bolted on for the same effect. It's very tragic ala Phillip K. Dick! 3;

It all reminds me of another fiasco, those filthy casuals at "CONTRA WIKI" insisting you can carry only ONE Hyper Shell™ in Super Contra, which is arrant - and dangerous! - shite. But that is another story. Image
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I hope they make a reboot where Lance Bean is an actual bean. Or maybe a crossover with Mr. Bean?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

BIL wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:25 pm CYBERBULLY THOSE WHO INSULT OPERATION WOLF RETURN (`w´メ)

edit: WHAT THE FU
x93 wrote:and making Lucia and Bill Rizer evil for no reason.
I dunno x93! I thought that was a nice bit of oldschool sci-fi pulp, and Contra is 110% that. Everyone goes "LMAO MASTER C IS THE TRUE & HONEST BILL RIZER :cool: (HE CONSCIOUSNESS UPLOADE IN2 A CUMPOOTER :shock: :cool:)" - parroting the villain himself, amusingly enough! But ask yourself, is a soldier's killer instinct distilled and digitised any reflection of the man in toto? Fuck that shit x93! MeatBill can't turn his head into a massive bullet-spraying cybertwat, but he does shoot only Bad People Who Deserve It™, which is a damn sight more accurate!

Lucia was only following orders imo, they could've had Browny strut out with a big pair of novelty tits (and/or floppy rubber cock & balls) bolted on for the same effect. It's very tragic ala Phillip K. Dick! 3;

It all reminds me of another fiasco, those filthy casuals at "CONTRA WIKI" insisting you can carry only ONE Hyper Shell™ in Super Contra, which is arrant - and dangerous! - shite. But that is another story. Image
I actually refuse to believe Master Contra is Bill Rizer. I think the real Bill Rizer is Mystery G.
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

u wot m8?
BIL

Post by BIL »

xxx1993 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:13 pmI think the real Bill Rizer is Mystery G.
Yeah same. 3; Not a bad little story imo. Fiery pulp-lite. There's a fine art to giving arcade-bred games a little gravity without bogging them down! See also AC Double Dragon II, legit SADNESS AND (futile) REVENGE. :shock: No matter how angrily you choke that willy, what's done is done. 3;
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

AGermanArtist wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:39 pm u wot m8?
Because I refuse to believe that the hero of Contra would go rogue just like that. There isn’t even a reason behind that.
BIL wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:43 pm Yeah same. 3; Not a bad little story imo. Fiery pulp-lite. There's a fine art to giving arcade-bred games a little gravity without bogging them down! See also AC Double Dragon II, legit SADNESS AND (futile) REVENGE. :shock: No matter how angrily you choke that willy, what's done is done. 3;
At least the NES and PC Engine versions remedy that by having Marian come back from the dead after defeating the final boss.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Oh so that's why it's called "the revenge" huh!
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

viewtopic.php?t=73059

Well, here's my review of the game, as I promised.
PerishedFraud ឵឵

Post by PerishedFraud ឵឵ »

My favorite part of Contra Shittered Soilder was when Lance Bean said "It's beaning time!" and beaned all over Bill Jizer and Loocia
BIL wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:25 pmThey could've had Browny strut out with a big pair of novelty tits (and/or floppy rubber cock & balls)
Weapon C not enough for you?
Fun Over Victory| Shitpost Central | Shmusic Archive | Old Account | tuckfouhou@gmail.com