Radirgy 2 (PS5/PS4/SW)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Lemnear

Re: Radirgy 2 (PS5/PS4/SW)

Post by Lemnear »

Another game with NO-Worldwide digital release...
(also City-Connection lied about It)
Last edited by Lemnear on Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

What? It's not getting localized here? Not even digitally or physically?
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

?? Mojilove just said in his last post that Beep are talking about localizing it.

And thanks for the report, Mojilove. Glad it's shaping up so well. I'm really looking forward to this.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Almost forgot. Apart from the laser, the other prevalent thing about the Radrigy 2 trailer is that a star of David seems to flash upon the screen in one form or another at least a dozen times.

So, obviously
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Oh. Don't scare me like that, I really, really look forward to this game.
tadaito

Post by tadaito »

I've been wondering if a twin stick shmup optimized arcade stick exists for games like this.

Like, the shooting having full analogue movement instead of eight directions.

Maybe a trackball on the right, 8 way standard stick on the left? 8)
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

So whatever the hell happened to this game anyway? Weren't we supposed to be getting it sometime this summer? Now we're in the middle of August, and still nothing.
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

xxx1993 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:55 pm So whatever the hell happened to this game anyway? Weren't we supposed to be getting it sometime this summer? Now we're in the middle of August, and still nothing.
The release date has been pushed to winter. Last time I went to play the demo, the BEEP guy said they were aiming to release it by the end of the year. A playable demo is going to be present in several events coming up (beep has already announced two, but maybe there will be more), so I'm guessing they are ramping up coverage for the release
The game has two ships now; each with different play styles. i wrote about it in the previous page of this thread btw: viewtopic.php?p=1529139#p1529139
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Winter, huh? Maybe around Christmastime?
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

https://www.beep-shop.com/sap/radirgy2/
the website has been updated with two new character portraits as well as the actual release date: Dec 7 2023!!!

(head to head with doj hahaha)

also, the publisher BEEP has tweeted that they will make an announcement next week - i'm guessing it will be this release date plus maybe info on any store-specific items. the voice actresses had a meeting the other day as well, so maybe they will be at some kind of promotional event soon too.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I hope we also get it localized in time for Christmas!
tadaito

Post by tadaito »

mojilove wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:16 pm also, the publisher BEEP has tweeted that they will make an announcement next week
They were so moved by the e-mail totally not sent by me asking if Radirgy is ever returning to Xbox, that the announcement is the game will receive an Xbox port.

I can dream can't I...

On a more serious note, I wonder if we will hear anything about localization, not just wrt to Radirgy 2, but a true localization for Swag or Illmatic Envelope would be cool.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

the website has been updated with two new character portraits as well as the actual release date: Dec 7 2023!!!

y'know, by happenstance I went to that site a few days ago and saw those digits. "Is that?? Naw... If that was the release date I would have heard something"
Steven

Post by Steven »

Original Radirgy is included. Yay, now I don't have to go buy it on Dreamcast.
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

m.sniffles.esq wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:24 am y'know, by happenstance I went to that site a few days ago and saw those digits. "Is that?? Naw... If that was the release date I would have heard something"
oh that's funny - i wonder when they actually updated it.

anyway, good news: the game will include a port of OG Radirgy as well! https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1692017640364187776
Preorders will start on August 24, so i guess BEEP will announce the store-exclusive bonuses around then. hopefully they'll give more info on what kind of features the port will have too
Steven

Post by Steven »

Didn't BEEP do the Cotton X68000 -> PS4/Switch/PC port? The one that's actually a port and not emulated? If so, although BEEP is the publisher here, it would be amazing if they actually did port Radirgy instead of just putting it in a NAOMI/Dreamcast emulator and calling it good. Yeah, I know I just said this
Steven wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:48 am Original Radirgy is included. Yay, now I don't have to go buy it on Dreamcast.
but I'd rather just go buy the Dreamcast disc than play it in an emulator.
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

oh whoops i missed your post by just a few minutes!

a port would be nice - i only hope it doesn't have any of the minor imperfections (too much slowdown, sound balance issues, etc.) that plagued the other ports though!
i also kind of hope that this will get a steam release eventually like what happened with cotton reboot (would be nice to have a good version to point people to without needing emulation or having to describe the relative merits and drawbacks of all the other ports) but idk if it will happen or not
Steven

Post by Steven »

Yeah, I kind of really really really hate modern consoles, so I do hope it does get a PC release, preferably on GOG. If not... well, I guess it's not that much of a problem since I have all of these systems anyway.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Original Radirgy is included. Yay, now I don't have to go buy it on Dreamcast.

Well, it is on the Dreamcast. If you just want to play it, that's incredibly easy
Collecting is another story

(personally, half my Dreamcast originals don't even load anymore, so I'm one of the few people that uses 'backups' as actual backups)
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Preorders are up now. The limited edition features a "gojaru button" that plays character voices, a special remix CD that won't be released separately, and an artbook.

Switch - Regular: https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0CG9KNWMC LE: https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0CG9HY3HJ
PS4 - Regular: https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0CG9K1PR1 LE: https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0CG9KY9GF
PS5 - Regular: https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0CG9KN8ZX LE: https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0CG9PFGT9
tadaito

Post by tadaito »

The box art looks quite striking, I really like it!

Interestingly, it seems the original Radirgy included will be the Arcade version, not any future port. Let's hope it runs well!
Steven

Post by Steven »

tadaito wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:13 am Interestingly, it seems the original Radirgy included will be the Arcade version, not any future port.
Is this a good thing, a bad thing, or a neutral thing?
tadaito

Post by tadaito »

Steven wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:14 am
tadaito wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:13 am Interestingly, it seems the original Radirgy included will be the Arcade version, not any future port.
I guess it's a neutral thing, port differences weren't very big generally, at least for added content.
GameCube had Manpuku mode which allowed you to get much higher score multipliers
The not very good PlayStation 2 port had Owakari mode, which made the game a lot harder. This one I don't think there is a video on YouTube showing off even, so its a little obscure.

The modes didn't add anything to huge, just an observation, really.
Steven

Post by Steven »

tadaito wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:20 am
Steven wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:14 am
I guess it's a neutral thing, port differences weren't very big generally, at least for added content.
GameCube had Manpuku mode which allowed you to get much higher score multipliers
The not very good PlayStation 2 port had Owakari mode, which made the game a lot harder. This one I don't think there is a video on YouTube showing off even, so its a little obscure.

The modes didn't add anything to huge, just an observation, really.
Okay, cool. I'm guessing that the NAOMI and Dreamcast versions are extremely similar.
tadaito

Post by tadaito »

Steven wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:14 amOkay, cool. I'm guessing that the NAOMI and Dreamcast versions are extremely similar.
For all intents and purposes they are practically identical, yeah. Even some ports are pretty much the same as the Dreamcast version (GameCube comes to mind, besides some issues with muddy graphics and rare glitches.)
Steven

Post by Steven »

tadaito wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:30 am
Steven wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:14 amOkay, cool. I'm guessing that the NAOMI and Dreamcast versions are extremely similar.
For all intents and purposes they are practically identical, yeah. Even some ports are pretty much the same as the Dreamcast version (GameCube comes to mind, besides some issues with muddy graphics and rare glitches.)
Okay. I figured that would be the case, as is typical with NAOMI -> Dreamcast releases. In that case I'll get this, as it's actually cheaper than a used Dreamcast copy. Surugaya wants 180000 yen for them on their online store, but I'm pretty sure Trader has a stack of them for about 10000 yen each over in their main store. Either way, it's cheaper to just get Radirgy 2 instead and hope the port or emulation or whatever it is is good.
KAI

Post by KAI »

New trailer is out, they are finally showing bullets on screen. The game looks really good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSiFMTSraYw

best company ever.
Last edited by KAI on Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

The game is looks really good.

Agreed. Although, I'm certain Swag haters are saddened

$40 regular, $70 LE (comes with button, art book, CD)
I wish it was an LP instead, but that probably would have upped it to the $85-$90 range

Edit: The above LE is for the Beep store "List of store original benefits (is) COMING SOON" according to the site. So I guess they're doing that (which I'm not a big fan of, but I guess it makes sense from a business POV)

Are pre-orders open? All of the buttons on the Beep site aren't working (double edit: duh, I missed Ms. Tea's post/links)
tadaito

Post by tadaito »

Maybe I missed something, but BEEP is seemingly implying on their Twitter that there could be an English translation at some point?
ビデオゲームには英語が含まれますか、それとも日本語のみでしょうか? (Do the video games include English or only Japanese?)
@BEEP_SHOP wrote:詳しい情報は今後お伝えします。よろしくお願いします。(More information will be provided in the future. Thank you in advance.)
I know someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, but a more public implication is cool!
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Yeah, it would be nice if it gets picked up for overseas localization/translation.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!