Radirgy 2 (PS5/PS4/SW)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
tadaito

Re: Radirgy 2 (PS5/PS4/SW)

Post by tadaito »

NeoStrayCat wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:58 am Yeah, it would be nice if it gets picked up for overseas localization/translation.
Just as long as it isn't Dispatch Games...
cfx

Post by cfx »

NeoStrayCat wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:58 am Yeah, it would be nice if it gets picked up for overseas localization/translation.
Sure, but I'd also like English as an option in the import so I can buy it from the source.

I know I responded to this thread a day ago but the message isn't here so maybe I'm hallucinating. I never really paid attention to the Dreamcast game as I thought it was just some kusoge I guess. But the trailer for this looks interesting and the music is great so I want to get it.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

tadaito wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:59 amJust as long as it isn't Dispatch Games...
Yeah, I don't think we don't have to worry about that company anymore, lol.
cfx wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:28 amSure, but I'd also like English as an option in the import so I can buy it from the source.

I know I responded to this thread a day ago but the message isn't here so maybe I'm hallucinating. I never really paid attention to the Dreamcast game as I thought it was just some kusoge I guess. But the trailer for this looks interesting and the music is great so I want to get it.
Yeah, if there's an option to have English or any other language included in the import physical (or digital), then that would be a nice bonus.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

Radirgy 2 is at TGS this year too. this time there will be an on-stage event at 2:30 pm on Sep 22, which will be streamed online too.

https://www.konami.com/games/event/tgs/lineup.html#1.17

looks like they will be giving out cards with a music download link on again. shizuru looks awfully happy in the picture on the postcard in the link above
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

mojilove wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:15 am shizuru looks awfully happy in the picture on the postcard in the link above
You kidding me? She kinda reminds me of Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion in that pic...
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

m.sniffles.esq wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:45 am The game is looks really good.

Agreed. Although, I'm certain Swag haters are saddened
I'm in the Swag haters camp, but not sure I'm saddened here. I... kinda can't even tell what I'm looking in the trailer to make a judgment.

The video does look a bit like Swag on a surface level, but the visuals and overall style of Swag were not my issues with that game at all. It was the weird design choices to make it essentially a ~10 min caravan mode shooter, with no bosses or true stage transitions, an infinite list of bland tasks to complete for score... I still don't particularly love the feel of Swag's moment to moment shooting action either, but it's... fine (and with respect to that aspect, maybe some of the apathy on my part is more down to Swag's listless enemy patterns and boring stage/enemy encounter design). The core mechanics are at least good enough to me that I'm down with playing a more traditionally styled shooter with similar mechanics. I liked the original Radirgy, Noah, and Karous all right, just don't particularly care for the RS34/Milestone games that get too cute with their intentionally oddball game design.

So what the heck is this game anyway? Where does it fall on the spectrum from "just more Swag" to "an actual stage based shooter like Radirgy 1 or Karous"?
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

xxx1993 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:33 pm You kidding me? She kinda reminds me of Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion in that pic...
just look at this:
hamfighterx wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:43 pm So what the heck is this game anyway? Where does it fall on the spectrum from "just more Swag" to "an actual stage based shooter like Radirgy 1 or Karous"?
I've only played the stage 1 demo, but this one will be an actual stage-based shooter. One ship has dual-stick controls that are a bit like swamp, and the other has no sword but otherwise has a standard arcade feel. Can't really tell how it will feel as a whole until it comes out though I guess
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Um... I don't get that other pic.
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

xxx1993 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm Um... I don't get that other pic.
If you focus on her skirt, socks, hair, and shadow, they kind of look like eyes, a nose, and a big mouth, respectively.
while I have your attention, try not to get too attached to shizuru because I do not think this will turn out well for her. one new tagline for the game suggests that there will be a conclusion to the tragedy or a tragic conclusion in this game, and either way, this company never makes a happy ending for their stories
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

mojilove wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:31 am
If you focus on her skirt, socks, hair, and shadow, they kind of look like eyes, a nose, and a big mouth, respectively.
while I have your attention, try not to get too attached to shizuru because I do not think this will turn out well for her. one new tagline for the game suggests that there will be a conclusion to the tragedy or a tragic conclusion in this game, and either way, this company never makes a happy ending for their stories
Even with your example, not seeing it. :P She looks sad, no two ways about it, probably pissed she was side-lined for so long.
(And being used as salacious promo material)
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
cfx

Post by cfx »

Yeah I don't see it either. Until the eplanation I had no idea what the "eye" image was even supposed to be, and I am still not sure even after reading that.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I really don’t want to see something bad happen to Shizuru… We’ve lost enough already.
tadaito

Post by tadaito »

Seems like they are making way for Tadayo to become the official MC, instead of the defacto MC
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Don't tell me they're going to pull a "3rd Birthday" crap on us... Or are they trying to pass the torch from Shizuru to Tadayo? Because Expend4bles is already doing something like that with Barney and Christmas...
Last edited by xxx1993 on Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

mojilove wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:31 am
What does the tagline of the game say?
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Into the fact the bubble shot gets repped for a second

#bubbleshot4ever
KAI

Post by KAI »

This game is looking more and more uncanny with each new trailer, Im sure the ending is gonna be 💀💀💀

tadaito wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:55 pm Seems like they are making way for Tadayo to become the official MC, instead of the defacto MC
Tadayo has been the main character of the entire franchise since the beginning IMO. Even the whole story in Radirgy and illvelo (and maybe even Karous) is centered around her past, her misterious powers(?), and the knowledge she has about all the other alternative realities/arxials.
But still, Shizuru is radirgy's best girl.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Cospa has some nice Radirgy 2 merch, however, they don't ship outside of Japan and Play Asia isn't carrying the item I want the most, this dope key ring:
Spoiler
I think this may be the definition of a "first-world problem"...
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

You can get the keyring if you order the Famitsu DX pack from Amazon (kinda pricey but still)

Roughly written impressions of the demo (one stage of OG radirgy and two stages of radirgy 2):

murasame has been changed compared to last time - the special laser attacks totally destroy your battery so you have to let go of the shot button (blasphemy, I know) or use sword

Kojiro feels even more bomb happy than last time - such a delight to use. Reminds me of neko navy but even more bombs

OG radirgy has some updated textures for enemies I think, but the background was not really different from the wii version textures
Felt good to play but the multiplier gauge filled up a lot quicker compared to the Wii version - not sure if that is final or not
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

mojilove wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:03 pm You can get the keyring if you order the Famitsu DX pack from Amazon (kinda pricey but still)
I ordered from amazon, as they were the only place that had orders available at the time (and at that point, didn't say what bells/whistles were included). Anyway, I guess I will be the proud owner of... drum roll...
a "Jaru Button" that plays character voice and sound by pressing the button (would have preferred the keyring)

Is there a list of specific LE toys available?
KAI

Post by KAI »

m.sniffles.esq wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:21 am Is there a list of specific LE toys available?
The site lists most the LE variants
https://www.beep-shop.com/sap/radirgy2/purchase/

The base Limited Edition comes with:
The game
The Gojaru Button
Remix CD
30+ pages artbook booklet
All inside a box

And then there's extras for all version depending on stores:

Amazon version comes with a pc and smarphone original wallpaper
Amiami version has a pass case
Beep version comes with an alternative cover
Ebten's huge LE has:
B2 tapestry
Drama CD
T-shirt
acrylic key chain (3 models)
Spoiler
Btw, that card they gave to people who tried the TGS demo is the most 💀 think I've seen on this series so far. I really dont like where this game's story is going.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

The site lists most the LE variants
https://www.beep-shop.com/sap/radirgy2/purchase/
Oops, sorry. That section of Beep's site was still blank when they first did the announcement, so I sorta forgot about it.

I was assuming "button" as in something you pin on your lapel. That's... different...

Gah! I want all three of those keychains but the ebten sooper LE is literally double the price (and you can get the t-shirt portion of that edition from Play-Asia for like $22)

I'm a little bummed they're not doing another vinyl soundtrack release like they did with SWAG. That was (surprisingly) NOT thrown-off promo garbage, but actually a REALLY well done release, so I was kind of looking forward to another (although, it was obviously pricey. So I can't say I'm surprised they didn't)
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

xxx1993 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:59 pm What does the tagline of the game say?
I wrote a bit about it elsewhere (https://cohost.org/mojilove/post/2695884-empty) but the tagline could be translated as "Infection. Devastation. Conclusion." I wasn't sure in the post linked before, but I am certain now that this ending is going to be a complete gut punch. KAI is not joking around at all re what the postcard suggests.
m.sniffles.esq wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:44 pm I'm a little bummed they're not doing another vinyl soundtrack release like they did with SWAG.
The soundtrack releases in Japan all come out a little bit after the game releases, so it's still too early to tell whether or not a vinyl version will be made this time. The CD in the LE will have a couple of exclusive remixes and is not a full soundtrack.
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

Remember watching Austin play Radirgy and being very impressed with the visuals. Had no idea the story was important to some. Ordered the non-limited edition from amazon.

Seems like we're getting some great indie titles, re-issues, and new releases these days. Long may it continue.
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

mojilove wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:38 pm I wrote a bit about it elsewhere (https://cohost.org/mojilove/post/2695884-empty) but the tagline could be translated as "Infection. Devastation. Conclusion." I wasn't sure in the post linked before, but I am certain now that this ending is going to be a complete gut punch. KAI is not joking around at all re what the postcard suggests.
Now I'm even more worried... Am I really gonna lose Shizuru Kamigusa too, like how I lost James Bond and John Wick?
soupbones

Post by soupbones »

I recently picked up and played the original on Switch... and have no idea wtf is going on or how to play lol.
cfx

Post by cfx »

Gematsu reports Radirgy 2 has been delayed to March 28, 2024 in Japan.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Gematsu reports Radirgy 2 has been delayed to March 28, 2024 in Japan.
Woke up and saw that: press release

First baseball ends, now this...
Gonna be a cold. cold winter
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Aw dammit... I really wanted to see Shizuru and Tadayo again. Guess that's gonna have to wait for a while... I wonder what's gonna happen to Devil Engine: Complete Edition and Air Twister now...?