Ray'z Arcade Chronology [Taito x M2] - PS4/Switch [2023]

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
hamfighterx

Re: Ray'z Arcade Chronology [Taito x M2] - PS4/Switch [2023]

Post by hamfighterx »

hamfighterx wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:22 am I had several preorders that I attempted to cancel two days ago. Have yet to hear a response from SLG.
Confirming that SLG did reply to me in a reasonable time, a few days after my initial request (which I don't think is too bad, especially considering the high volume of support requests they may be receiving). They did send their new shipping targets and asked if I really wanted to cancel, to which I said yes. To their credit, SLG did issue the refunds promptly.

I already have the Japanese Ray'z PS4 retail version, and I'm no longer interested in waiting out this SLG saga. Also cancelled my orders for Dezatopia/Mecha Ritz (ordered Jan 2023), Shinobi non Grata (Feb 2023), Steel Empire Chronicles (April 2023), and Eschatos (May 2023). I'll maybe try to grab those if they ever do release (or might even be tempted to put in a new preorder if SLG starts consistently shipping again and showing improvement in hitting target dates), but I'd like to see them prove it first before letting them continue to hold my money.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

This may or may not ever come out from SLG, but if you already have the Japanese one and $50 isn't too much to spare, you might as well wait and see. That's what I'm doing, although I don't own the Japanese yet. I figure the game is like 20+ years old by this point, what's another 2-3 more?
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

XtraSmiley wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:15 pm This may or may not ever come out from SLG, but if you already have the Japanese one and $50 isn't too much to spare, you might as well wait and see. That's what I'm doing, although I don't own the Japanese yet. I figure the game is like 20+ years old by this point, what's another 2-3 more?
Nah, I'm good with taking my money back. I cancelled 7 pre-orders for over $300 refunded, I'd rather have that money under my control, instead of waiting too long and risking these games never shipping and maybe losing the money entirely if SLG folds. I'm usually fairly patient with these kinds of companies, but SLG has not shipped ANY new releases in over a year. I got a couple of the last ones they did ship, Drainus and Cannon Dancer in early 2023 before they just fell off a cliff with their production.

This isn't something like Limited Run taking a long time on a specific release, at least they are routinely shipping new games and they have ALWAYS come through and eventually shipped my games for the dozens of titles I've ordered from them. This is a more of a systemic issue with SLG not shipping ANY new games in over a year, which makes me quite nervous. And aside from Ray'z and its "I'll believe it when I see it" June 2024 target ship date, none of the other games I had ordered in the first half of 2023 even have a projected ship date, making me think that 2024 releases are unlikely.

I'll let SLG earn my trust back, if they manage to start releasing stuff maybe I'll pick some of those games up. Most still have pre-order stock available, so I expect most will have some copies available when they actually start shipping (especially with other people getting on the refund train). I'd rather take my chances with that approach.

I did have irem collection 1&2 ordered as well, but seeing how the download and Japanese releases turned out, I'm kinda fine just dropping those two :P. Will keep my eye on the others I cancelled.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

That's fair too. I wouldn't let $300 ride like that either, but $50? I'll take a chance!

You're right about the NO new games thing all year though, we'll see what's up in June.
Moosmann

Post by Moosmann »

I asked about a way to split the order, because Drainus and Osman ist already in stock. Response from customer support, they can ship me the games now, but for Rayz Arcade, it is only possible to cancel and I have to reorder this game.

In this case, I canceld Rayz (from the Order with the other In-Stock Games) and Dezatopia/Mecha Ritz (Single Order).

They shipped me the In-Stock-Games very fast. I shall to get the money for the canceled games within 14 Days.

I was wondering, why other peoples get the money for canceled orders within one day...
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

Moosmann wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:57 pmI was wondering, why other peoples get the money for canceled orders within one day...
Probably due to how different banks (and in different countries) handle the refunds. Even for my cancellations, I had differences between the two different US credit cards I used for the purchases. One of those accounts got the refund almost immediately after Strictly Limited issued it, the other account took another day and a half for the refunds to post. I'm pretty confident SLG issued all of the refunds promptly at the same time (they did send me individual email cancellation/refund confirmations too).
Moosmann

Post by Moosmann »

Update, received the money after 3 Days, but didn`t get an eMail from Paypal. I only noticed the money, when I logged into Paypal for another payment.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

On sale in UK ps store
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

Still a bit steep. Darius Cosmic crashed a bit quicker than this iirc. Figured on it being £15 by now.