Limited Run Games - New Physical Releases

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
m.sniffles.esq

Re: Limited Run Games - New Physical Releases

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

I was wrong, taking money in exchange for something you don't actually have is completely legal, totally okay, on the up and up, and something that every respectable, honest business person partakes in.

Btw, in case you missed it, Switch port of Batrider that I'm releasing is now open for pre-orders! $80 for the LE including collector's coin and 180g vinyl soundtrack LP (subject to change). Releasing the next year or two (subject to change). 2% stock remaining (subject to change)!!! Get your order in NOW (card will charged immediately to secure order)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offcial Box Art (subject to change)
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

m.sniffles.esq wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:32 pm I was wrong, taking money in exchange for something you don't actually have is completely legal, totally okay, on the up and up, and something that every respectable, honest business person partakes in.

Btw, in case you missed it, Switch port of Batrider that I'm releasing is now open for pre-orders! $80 for the LE including collector's coin and 180g vinyl soundtrack LP (subject to change). Releasing the next year or two (subject to change). 2% stock remaining (subject to change)!!! Get your order in NOW (card will charged immediately to secure order)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offcial Box Art (subject to change)
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make at all. I mean the WHOLE point of Kickstarter (legal everywhere that I know about) is that companies or people take money for something that doesn't yet exist, with a promise (backed by nothing) that one day they will make the item.

Many projects never get finished, some are scams with no intent to actually make the item (not sure what percent this is, but it's not zero), but it's legal and not something that is not on the up and up. Many honest business people do in fact use this model to make things.

What are you even talking about?
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

cfx wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:41 pm Nah, unlikely, and it's perhaps one reason they didn't do preorders originally. They had all the games manufactured and in stock up front and then sold them in those staggered click wars over a day or two and as far as I know delivered those in a relatively timely manner though I remember some complaints back then about not overly prompt shipping. As long as they generally sold out of each one, they only had to front the cost of the first one, and then use the proceeds from it to make the next one, etc.

By the time they started the preorder model, they'd been doing that long enough there should have been resources to cover doing the first preorder batch.
Ah, I didn't realize they didn't start with preorders, in which case then I fully agree with you. LRG is annoying with shipping times sure, but they are not a Ponzi scheme and likely never were (based on what you posted).

I'm not even sure the person in here hating on them even makes sense to be honest.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I don't have any reasons to defend LRG, but claiming their business is illegal is just hilarious
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Some things just work people up the wrong way. Even honest things sometimes.

Once upon a time I got upset because a shop was doing a loyalty scheme that was publicized on a forum by the owner. Maybe I was having a bad day, but I protested it stating its unfair to give cheaper prices to some folk whilst charging higher to others. In retrospect I'm kind of ashamed of myself for that moment. Everyone has a moment. :D
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

Sumez wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:10 pm I don't have any reasons to defend LRG, but claiming their business is illegal is just hilarious
LRG and SLG suck, but they seem to be legit. Some of the other smaller limited print companies on the other hand I'm not so sure. I get the vibe like they are way underfunded and get by like on some form of ponzi scheme.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

cfx wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:56 pm
Koa Zo wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:18 pm
cfx wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:41 pm
Exactly, and claiming what they're doing is illegal is just ludicrous.
Has anyone claimed what they are doing is illegal? Where is that discussion?
In this very thread; maybe you should read it before asking stupid questions?
Well dude, I searched the thread for the word "illegal" and only found you all arguing that it is not illegal.
Looking closer as spurred by your personal insult, I see it was stated once that in comparison to a Ponzi scheme the business practices in question would be "not legal"
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

I almost hesitate to revive this thread due to the high potential of becoming a dumpster fire of "ILLEGAL BUSINESS PRACTICES"...

But I will anyway, to note that OMG I finally got shipping notification for the standard edition of Konami Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection. About 11 months after pre-orders closed (Jan 15, 2023).

Seems like they're finally getting through some of these games that have had pretty long waits, like the recent shipping of Radiant Silvergun (which closed pre-orders in November 2022). Just a couple more for me that were late 2022 orders: Neo Geo Pocket Selection Vol. 2 (I got the CE for that one), and the Atari Recharged Collections 1 and 2 (which they better get going on, since they opened orders for vol 3 and 4 today), I ordered both of those in November 2022...

LRG seems to have been noticeably quicker with some of their releases this year though. For example, Castlevania Advance Collection and Quake II both recently shipped to me a little less than 3 months after orders closed.
Last edited by hamfighterx on Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

hamfighterx wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:21 pm I almost hesitate to revive this thread due to the high potential of becoming a dumpster fire of "ILLEGAL BUSINESS PRACTICES"...
Yet here you are making all cap references to it, when no one else has been going on about it.
What do you call that when people deliberately stir up the exact thing they say they don't want to?
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

Uh, almost all of the previous dozen or so posts (none by me) is discussing legality or ponzi schemes. It kinda took over the topic.

Anyway, not the point. I'm just reporting that the Konami shooter collection is finally shipping after a long delay. Yay for those who ordered it.