Accuracy of SNES Super Scope?....

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
dave4shmups

Accuracy of SNES Super Scope?....

Post by dave4shmups »

Very soon I will have an SNES, and we all know how much I love rail shooters, so I was wondering how accurate the Super Scope is? Obviously it's no Guncon2, but is it worth picking one up? Some of the Super Scope titles look pretty good!
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
it290

Post by it290 »

Like the Menacer, it's pretty cumbersome to use. I'd go with Lethal Enforcers and the Justifier instead if you want some shooting action on your SNES. Although Metal Combat is pretty fun.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

it290 wrote:Like the Menacer, it's pretty cumbersome to use. I'd go with Lethal Enforcers and the Justifier instead if you want some shooting action on your SNES. Although Metal Combat is pretty fun.
Yeah, Metal Combat, and it's sequel, are the main attractions for me-although there are other games, like Yoshi's Safari, that look pretty fun as well.

Do you mean cumbersome just in terms of size? That I would agree with, but accuracy is what I'm most concerned with. If it's pretty accurate (for it's time, that is) then I can overlook the size of the thing.
Farewell to hollow words
it290

Post by it290 »

Well, I haven't used one for a while, but I don't recall having any problems with the accuracy of the thing.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

it290 wrote:Well, I haven't used one for a while, but I don't recall having any problems with the accuracy of the thing.
OK, well thanks for the input! :D
Farewell to hollow words
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

dave4shmups wrote:
it290 wrote:Like the Menacer, it's pretty cumbersome to use. I'd go with Lethal Enforcers and the Justifier instead if you want some shooting action on your SNES. Although Metal Combat is pretty fun.
Yeah, Metal Combat, and it's sequel, are the main attractions for me-although there are other games, like Yoshi's Safari, that look pretty fun as well.

Do you mean cumbersome just in terms of size? That I would agree with, but accuracy is what I'm most concerned with. If it's pretty accurate (for it's time, that is) then I can overlook the size of the thing.
Metal Combat is the sequel, Battleclash is the original. The Super Scope is cumbersome in terms of size, but I found it to be pretty accurate. However, it has to be calibrated every time you want to use it.
superhitachi4

Post by superhitachi4 »

I used to have a Super Scope, and I was quite satisfied with it's accuracy. Not perfect, but I'd say it was pretty good. :)