IKARUGA

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
bobrocks95

Re: IKARUGA

Post by bobrocks95 »

I probably won't push any further but I think this game kinda gets into your head... I took a long time but you can't just let it go.

I finished with two extends and the score bonus pushed me to 23 mil and a third extend, I didn't check but I'd assume that just gives 1 mil instead of 1.5. Still a good run other than a very nervous death on phase 1 of Stone-Like, I'll take the rest as solid enough for me!
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
MAZ

Post by MAZ »

Watched the run on your YouTube channel, high scoring first 1cc. Some of the chainbreaks were quite unfortunate (like the one just after the triple generators in Ch2) and some of the deaths were avoidable. If you will ever return to the game in the future, you will surely breeze past 25m, the routing is already there. GG!
"The stronger the will you have, the more you will face various trials"
Wes112

Post by Wes112 »

My fun ritual of improving on my previous PB every calendar year continues in 2023 lol.

Messed up on chapter 2 a little bit but other than that it was a great run :)

Steam - Normal - Wes112 - 32,716,480 - All - 228

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGLDeTkDv3g
Xer Xian

Post by Xer Xian »

Hm. I saw your run, and I bow to you. The score gets the 3rd spot and of course deserves high praise, but what impressed me most is how solid your execution was. Indeed, there's just a single break to note in the second chapter, then a small slip on the very end of the same stage and that's it, all that follows is practically flawless. No deaths, no breaks. All according to plan! I never ever got that, so I envy you a little bit :oops: I also envy you for that flashy hitbox controller :oops: :oops:

Btw, you sure got things going on those Ch3 bonus enemies with respect to your previous run - that execution would have been the gold standard up to just a few months ago ! The Ch2 bonus rows were also well done. And nice recover on those pesty ladder guys in Ch4.

Now the question is - what will you come up with for the next year ? Another big jump forward ? And snatch that 2nd spot maybe ? Ohi ohi :x :wink:
Wes112

Post by Wes112 »

Thanks for the kind words! I can't imagine I'll ever catch up to you elite players haha. Knowing me though, I'll definitely push for 33 million sometime in the future as there is still much more that I want to improve on. Or maybe even try out Hard difficulty for a bit.
Xer Xian

Post by Xer Xian »

By all means give Hard mode a try ! I used to play it whenever I got bored by Normal. It was a lot more fun to me since I didn't aim for perfection there and just enjoyed the moment and the added variety. Don't be discouraged by the initial spike in difficulty, the additional bullets make things a bit spicier but you will soon adjust to it. Except for Tageri, you will never adapt to it, ever. I warn you though, Normal will feel a bit empty afterward :)
Wes112

Post by Wes112 »

Xer Xian wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:09 pm Except for Tageri, you will never adapt to it, ever. I warn you
This makes me wanna try it out even more :D
MAZ

Post by MAZ »

Steam - AC Normal - MAZ - 35.326.130m - 256c

End of Stage 2 and start of Stage 3 were not clean, lost 700k there. A very good Chapter 4 carried the run to PB status (+110k)

Replay: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2000530013 ... &sort=time

Xer Xian

Post by Xer Xian »

A very good Chapter 4 ?! If you look close enough on the breakdown, you'll see that the game awarded you with the elusive S+++ rank, the third + just ended up on the line below 8)

Congrats once more !
MAZ

Post by MAZ »

Steam - AC Normal - MAZ - 35.465.200m - 236c

Chain breaks: Ch2 triple generators - Ch3 up&down Isuka. Plus some bonus chains missed thorughout the stages