XRGB-3

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
BuckoA51

Re: XRGB-3

Post by BuckoA51 »

Ah ok that kinda makes sense, let us know how it goes.
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

You know I will ;)
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

Stuttering :P

This time it didn't help when I re-synced the TV 4 or 5 times. Probably because the Gefen keeps in sync with the receiver. Once I re-synced the XRGB-3 the problem disappeared.

Well that rules out the TV as the problem. That's a good thing :)

This IS a Gefen problem :)
Palama

Post by Palama »

RVTK2DX wrote:Okay, I really need some help with mine. I have a horrible feeling it's dead though..

I updated the firmware using the files from the wiki page, following the guide perfectly. The update finished with no interuptions, and I proceeded to reset it.

Now here's the horrifying part. I plug the unit in - no cables except power, the standby LED comes on, and I proceed to power it on. After pressing the power button on either the remote or unit, the power LED comes on, but the standby LED doesn't go out. All buttons do nothing, and there's no display from the VGA port. I can't even return the unit back to standby, and the updated tool says "XRGB-3 cannot be recognized. "
It also doesn't show up in device manager.

Any thoughts on this? :'(
Same problem for friend.
How to fix it ?
Thank you.
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

When only the Standby LED is on try:

Holding MENU + OK and press POWER. This will reset all the settings and might help.

Or

Hold down PC/AV and press POWER. This should start the XRGB-3 up using a backup firmware. From here you should be able to reflash the other one again.
Palama

Post by Palama »

I've tried.
Holding MENU + OK and press POWER doesn't work.
I've tried hold down PC/AV and press POWER. I can flash it again but, always don't work.
trazome

Post by trazome »

Hi all!

Same problem as above.
Holding down menu+ok &press power doesn't work.
PCinP allows me to flash XRGB-3 but i've got some problem after reflashing step.

During firmware upgrade process power & standby led are still on. Is it normal?
SLG-3000
XRGB-3
DVDO Edge
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

And another XRGB mysterium: I yesterday got a japanese MD1 back from modding (internal stereo plus a solid RGB cable). My first try looked like this: http://pms.hazard-city.de/MOV07344.AVI (= very shaky signal).

Although the XRGB uses the MD's pure composite sync signal already, I tested an external sync stripper with the setup and the shakiness was mostly gone. My attention was now drawn to the UNDERSCAN setting (menu point 5, second from the bottom). This is the menu where you usually set the PSP zoom for the B0 mode. I usually have this one at standard (1st menu entry), but I was told now to set this to underscan (2nd entry) and guess what - hardly any more shakiness (without sync stripper).

Can anyone explain this to me ? I don't even understand why this setting does anything in B1, let alone taking care of a shaky input signal.....
microsnk

Post by microsnk »

Hi.

I bought a XRGB-3 from Solaris Japan.

It is brand new and the problem is:

Is the first time that I turn on and XRGB-3 always on the LEDs Power On and Standby.

What happens?

I have read and tried this: (http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/XRGB-3.html)

1. Disconnect all device cables from the XRGB-3, but leave the power adapter plugged in.
2. Make sure the unit is in "standby" mode.
3. Hold down the "Menu" and "Ok" buttons, then press and hold the "Power" button.
4. As you hold down the three buttons, the activity lights should flicker.
5. After the lights stop and the the "Standby" light goes on, you are good to go.

but it did not work :(

Anyone can help me?

P.D. The last thing I tried is to connect to pc but it does not work. Does nothing. Not detected.
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

OT: I just stumbled upon this Micomsoft made Arcade Stick for the Super Famicom:

http://www.robwebb1.plus.com/snes/snes_hard.htm

Strange looking stuff. Makes me wonder if they made controllers for other systems as well :)
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

I thought that was what they were famous for before the XRGB's came along?
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Of course they did. Micomsoft made the best sticks for all the vintage systems. The XE-1 PCE had a built-in 5-player adapter. The XE-1 was available for the X68k, PCE and Famicom. For the Mega Drive Micomsoft developed an analogue joypad especially made for After Burner II. The XE-1 for the Mega Drive had an added 3rd button and was called XE-1 ST2.

The pictured SFC version was a bit overengineered. You could program macros (e.g. SFII moves), but the stick was prone to technical failures....

MD pad:

trazome

Post by trazome »

@microsnk:
My xrgb-3 is brand new too & i've got the same problem.
Try to Disconnect power.
Reconnect power, press & hold down PCinP button & press power.
Connect usb cable, PC should detect it.
Now you can reflash (but for me even if i can reflash it with this tips, xrgb-3 is still non working after flash rewriting).
Hope you can save it!!!
SLG-3000
XRGB-3
DVDO Edge
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

Fudoh wrote:Of course they did. Micomsoft made the best sticks for all the vintage systems. The XE-1 PCE had a built-in 5-player adapter. The XE-1 was available for the X68k, PCE and Famicom. For the Mega Drive Micomsoft developed an analogue joypad especially made for After Burner II. The XE-1 for the Mega Drive had an added 3rd button and was called XE-1 ST2.
As far as I can tell the parts (buttons at least) still looks like a cheap custom job like most other Arcade sticks of that time. Not saying custom parts are always bad, the PS1 Namco is pretty decent, I'm guessing that not a single company made arcade sticks using real original parts at that time?
Was there ever an arcade stick that used original parts before the PS2 era?
microsnk

Post by microsnk »

Thanks to you I can connect the XRGB-3 with the button PCinP to my computer. (and the computer detects it).

I followed the guide of retrogaming.hazard-city.de/ but when in the flash program press button to update XRGB-3 the program disappears and does nothing. :(

Any ideas? Someone can help me?

P.d. I tested in two differents XP (SP3) and the same happens.
In Win7 (32bit) program not run :( error ???? ????? &H80004005 (-2147467259) Error no especificado

Regards.
microsnk

Post by microsnk »

For Trazome and Palama and other with similar problem:
I contact with Solaris Japan, and says Micomsoft producing a faulty series.

Where you bought the XRGB-3??

Now I am in contact to solve the problem with shop Solaris Japan.

Has anyone problems with returns products to Solaris Japan ????

I pay with Paypal, (SOLARIS JAPAN) the seller says that I sent him the XRGB for repairing.

What do I do?

1, send it ????
or
2 Wait and claim through Paypal ????

Thank for help.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

In Win7 (32bit) program not run
Micomsoft's updater software doesn't support Windows 7, so there's no sense in trying.

From the number of stuck XRGBs lately it indeed seems like a faulty batch. I talked to Jacob (SJ) on the phone yesterday and he's already in contact with Micomsoft to get this fixed promptly. You should note that that he has left Japan after Fukushima and will probably return to Tokyo NEXT week.

Why is everyone so hasty when it comes to Paypal claims ? When you buy a defective item in a store or via mailorder you don't ask back your money while your item is exchanged, do you ? By opening a paypal claim you hurt the seller since the money's directly deducted (and frozen) from his account. My advice in case your XRGB is really defective: just ship it back and have a little patience. Micomsoft will fix this or just replace the unit and SJ will take care that everything's handled fast and without problems.

EDIT:

PS:
I tested in two differents XP (SP3) and the same happens.
did you test this on different hardware platforms (e.g. one notebook, one PC) ? It seems that not only the OS version can cause problems, but also the mainboard / USB controller in question.
Last edited by Fudoh on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Was there ever an arcade stick that used original parts before the PS2 era?
japanese superguns (e.g. from Sigma) and the HSS-0130 for the Saturn (actual Astro City control panel rewired for the Saturn). Other than that I don't think so. Hori had a line of metal case stick (e.g. the Fighting Stick PC) which were similar to the Namco PS1 Stick and probably the closest to the real arcade feeling.
microsnk

Post by microsnk »

Oh my God, at last I found the solution !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have flash and repair my XRGB-3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I will tell you how.

(Today I have a headache. I've been trying all day methods with the XRGB-3).

P. S. Tomorrow I will comment a foolproof method to repair your XRGB-3.

Thank you all.

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..............................
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

Right forgot about the Saturn one :)
Artemio

Post by Artemio »

microsnk wrote:Thanks to you I can connect the XRGB-3 with the button PCinP to my computer. (and the computer detects it).

I followed the guide of retrogaming.hazard-city.de/ but when in the flash program press button to update XRGB-3 the program disappears and does nothing. :(

Any ideas? Someone can help me?

P.d. I tested in two differents XP (SP3) and the same happens.
In Win7 (32bit) program not run :( error ???? ????? &H80004005 (-2147467259) Error no especificado

Regards.
Did you install the Japanese firmware update software before using teh English one? The English one doesn't work by itself.
trazome

Post by trazome »

microsnk wrote:For Trazome and Palama and other with similar problem:
I contact with Solaris Japan, and says Micomsoft producing a faulty series.

Where you bought the XRGB-3??

Now I am in contact to solve the problem with shop Solaris Japan.

Has anyone problems with returns products to Solaris Japan ????

I pay with Paypal, (SOLARIS JAPAN) the seller says that I sent him the XRGB for repairing.

What do I do?

1, send it ????
or
2 Wait and claim through Paypal ????

Thank for help.
I bought MY XRGB-3 from SOLARIS JAPAN & EBAY. I'm already in contact with Jacob and I await the return of Jacob to send him the XRGB-3 for repairing. :D
SLG-3000
XRGB-3
DVDO Edge
microsnk

Post by microsnk »

SOLUTION MICOMSOFT XRGB-3 "TWO REDS OF DEAD"
---------------------------------------------------

Do exactly what I put here. The minimum change may block or damage the XRGB.

1- IMPORTANT; you must use Windows XP Required (SP1, SP2, SP3, etc... no matter).
IF YOU USE ANOTHER OPERATING SYSTEM OR A VIRTUAL MACHINE, I ALMOST SURE YOU CAN CAUSE A BRICK.

2- Disconnect all device cables from the XRGB-3.

3- Power off the XRGB-3 and wait about 1 minute.

4- Reconnect power. On "standby" mode, press and hold down PCinP Button and press Power Button.
Always make sure to do it with PCinP Button. (DO NOT FORGET PRESS IT)

5- When you see the "TWO REDS OF DEAD" (leds "POWER ON" and "STANDBY") Connect the usb cable to XRGB-3 and then to PC.
PC should detect it. If not detect not necessary Power off the XRGB-3 only you just have try another computer.

6- Download Firmware/Updater Tool installer http://www.micomsoft.co.jp/xrgb3_update ... _v1_00.exe
Note: YOU MUST ALWAYS USE THIS INSTALLER BE CAREFUL NOT OVERWRITE WITH OTHER VERSIONS OR MODIFICATIONS (such translated version)

7- Go to C:\Program Files\XRGB-3\Update Tool and in the xrgb3_update_v1_20.exe Select the 'properties' option with the left mouse button. On the properties window, select the 'compatibility'
and "Choose Windows 2000".

8- Start the XRGB-3 program updater in C:\Program Files\XRGB-3\Update (not desktop shortcut).

9- Choose first always to flash the file ---------> xrgb3_lined_b1_v1_00.x3b

10- When finished reset your XRGB-3.

11- Important Note (DO NOT FORGET): To add other updates (such translated version xrgb3full_v2_12e.x3b) YOU MUST USE ONLY UPDATER PROGRAM ABOVE ON SIX POINT http://www.micomsoft.co.jp/xrgb3_update ... _v1_00.exe NOT OTHER, AND REMEMBER INIT YOUR XRGB-3 WITH hold down PCinP Button. (PCinP button isn´t necesary keep pressing all the time only need a few seconds during XRGB-3 BOOT).

P.D. To all those who work well xrgb-3 avoid always update.

(2011) microsnk.
Last edited by microsnk on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

How the fu.. did you figure that out?... :p I'm glad that you got your XRGB-3 up and running, and I hope this will help the others as well. I don't understand why you have to keep pressing the PC/AV button when updating after the fix. That sounds to me like there is still something wrong with either your XRGB-3 or your computer :/
microsnk

Post by microsnk »

you say: pressing the PC/AV button when updating...............

YOU'RE WRONG CAUTION IS DIFFERENT BUTTON ----> the button is PCinP, and not is necesary keep pressing all the time only need a few seconds during XRGB-3 BOOT.
-----------------------------------------------

¿¿¿¿¿ Anyone know where in Europe I can get a DVDO EDGE for about $ 400 ?????

Regards.
trazome

Post by trazome »

@ microsnk
Sorry, but not working for me, on these points :
9- Choose first always to flash the file ---------> xrgb3_lined_b1_v1_00.x3b
10- When finished reset your XRGB-3.
It's not possible for me to reset xrgb-3 because it's still blocked with his 2 led and nothing works.
SLG-3000
XRGB-3
DVDO Edge
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

microsnk wrote:you say: pressing the PC/AV button when updating...............

YOU'RE WRONG CAUTION IS DIFFERENT BUTTON ----> the button is PCinP, and not is necesary keep pressing all the time only need a few seconds during XRGB-3 BOOT.
-----------------------------------------------

¿¿¿¿¿ Anyone know where in Europe I can get a DVDO EDGE for about $ 400 ?????

Regards.
Right I confused PC/AV with PCinP. Nevertheless I have never needed to press that button when powering on the XRGB-3 to update it. It sounds like there is still something wrong with yours... :(
ikaruga007

Post by ikaruga007 »

Fudoh, I've also had sync problem that's fixed when setting the zoom mode to underscan in B1.

The image from my Chelnov PCB jumps up and down every second or so on the standard setting but setting it to underscan fixes it. I have no idea why, found it by trial and error. Strangely enough, when booting the game up, I sometimes have to set it to standard and then back to underscan again to get it to sync perfectly.

Strange but lovely little machine the XRGB. I love it :D
microsnk

Post by microsnk »

Hello, Anyone can help me?

When I connect the XRGB-3 to the PC-monitor via VGA connector in mode B1 the image looks good.

BUT

When I connect the XRGB-3 to the TV (Panasonic TX-L32G20) via VGA connector in mode B1 the image flickers. Is this normal?
(In Tv B0 mode everything works correctly).

Regards.
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

The XRGB3 generally has terrible compatibility with modern sets, try Options->H-Sync Pol and Options->V-Sync Pol, play with inverting one or both of these see if it helps.