Monthly Videogame Quiz

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Mr_Horizon

Re: Monthly Videogame Quiz

Post by Mr_Horizon »

August Quiz - Answers & Score

So, that's it (permanently) for the classics from the DOS years... where this category used to always ensure high numbers of participants, the fifth chapter has unfortunately become one of the more sparsely attended rounds of the year with 118 players, same as the much reviled Flash quiz. :D

This time a whole nine people got full points, I'm impressed - but my respect goes especially to the four people who sent in their answers even though they weren't sure about any game and didn't get any points at all. :P

I'm sure the next round will be more accessible.

Briefly on the additional question - your remake requests were very numerous, but the following titles were mentioned most often:

6x Ultima
4x Commander Keen
3x Fallout

Well, who holds the rights? Maybe write to them? After all, clearly the demand is there. ;)

But now let's start with the answers... first the names of the games as text, then the pictures, then the high score.

1) Carmaggedon
A well-known series and a very clear picture - the most frequently guessed title of this round still does not reach an 80% answer rate!
Answer rate: 79%
Other suggestions: Breath of the Wild, Death Rally

2) Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold
Apogee, the first... I thought that Wolfenstein 3D couldn't be the only "pre-Doom" first-person shooter that everyone remembers, but I guess I was wrong. ;)
Answer rate: 65%
Other suggestions: 18x Wolfenstein, Doom, Myth

3) Silent Service 2
A lot of people recognised it as a submarine game, but then got the details wrong. "Silent Hunter" came later in the 90s, "Silent Scope" is the one with the sniper. :D
Answer rate: 64%
Other suggestions: 6x Battleships, Silent Scope, Silent Hunter, Sea Wolf, Stealth, Red Storm Rising, Fast Attack, Das Boot, Aces of the Deep

4) Magic Carpet 2: The Netherworlds
The flying carpet suggests an Arabian background, in fact it is the successor of Bullfrog's carpet action game from 1995.
Answer rate: 76%
Other suggestions: Aladdin, Last Ninja, Prince of Persia

5) Transport Tycoon
Answer rate: 74%
Other suggestions: 4x Sim City, 4x Sim City 2000, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Holiday Island, Industry Giant

6) Kings Quest V
Roberta Williams keeps writing - the fifth part of the Kings Quest series.
Answer rate: 70%
Other suggestions: Another World, Legend of Kyrandia, Mixed-up Mother Goose, Nutcracker

7) Frontier: First Encounters
This is the third part of the "Elite" series. I wrote in the clues about "great freedom of play", why are you all suggesting linear Wing Commander? :D
Answer rate: 57%
Other suggestions: 6x Wing Commander, Descent, Descent 3, Sentinel, System Shock

8.) Alien Carnage
Apogee, the second one... also known as "Halloween Harry".
Answer rate: 66%
Other suggestions: Commander Keen, Duke Nukem, Metal Slug

9) Flight Unlimited
A highly acclaimed DOS flight simulation at the time...
Answer rate: 42%
Other suggestions: 4x Microsoft Flight Simulator, Stunt Island, Aces of the Luftwaffe, Pilot Wings

10) Under a Killing Moon
The third adventure in the Tex Murphy series. Full motion video within a real 3D environment creates its own look.
Answer rate: 47%
Other suggestions: 5x Gabriel Knight, 7th Guest, Blade Runner, Countdown, Jack Orlando, Rex Nebula, Ripper, The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes

11) Realms of Arkania: Shadows over Riva
German RPG based on the "Das schwarze Auge" pen&paper role-playing system. Pixel and render graphics combined, brave!
Answer rate: 49%
Other suggestions: 7x Ultima, 5x Diablo, Baldur's Gate, Eye Of The Beholder, Geneforge, Hero Quest

12) Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe
Air combat in the Second World War.
Answer rate: 35%
Other suggestions: 4x Wings of Fury, Aces over Europe, Battlehawks 1942, Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, Jetstrike, P-47, Pajama Sam, Their Finest Hour: The Battle Of Britain

13) Battle Bugs
Exactly half of you know this one. :)
Answer rate: 50%
Other suggestions: Bug Life, Pizzalien

14) The Lost Vikings 2
The second part of the Interplay classic, with even more characters and abilities but a change in graphics. Did any of your play this one?
Answer rate: 68%
Other suggestions: Hero Quest, Zac McKrakken

15) Carrier Command
Answer rate: 26%
Other suggestions: 9x Elite, Frontier Elite 2, Starglider, L'Arche du Captain Blood, Privateer, Star Wars X-Wing, Battle Zone, Wing Commander

16) Ultima 6
Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Lord British!
Other suggestions: Defender of the Crown, Eye of Beholder 2, Heroes of Might and Magic, Kings Quest, Solitaire

17) Monster Bash
And Apogee the third! A little boy in the graveyard.
Answer rate: 63%
Other suggestions: Commander Keen, Alex Kid, Bio Menace, Magic Boy

18) Dune
The blue eyes are kind of familiar to people that like Sci-Fi... ;)
Answer rate: 75%
Other suggestions: Privateer, Rex nebular, Shadow Watch, Star Wars Dark Forces

19) Stronghold
Together with #23 the most difficult game of this round.
Solving rate: 18%
Other suggestions: Castles, Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis, Loderunner, Settlers

20) The Bard`s Tale I
Answer rate: 53%
Other suggestions: Gauntlet, Wizardry, Abbandoned Place, Forest of Illusion

21) Might and Magic III
WTF is this enemy design?
Answer rate: 38%
Other suggestions: The Black Eye, Dungeon Master, Mother, Nogginknockers 2

22) Xtreme Assault
Answer rate: 21%
Other suggestions: Armored Fist, Incoming, Mechwarrior, Metal Rage, Project IGI, Seek and destroy, Tank Golf

23) Night Shift
Night Shift's character selection. Together with #19 the hardest game of this round.
Answer rate: 18%
Other suggestions: Leisure Suit Larry, Sim City 2000, Snowwhite

24) Betrayal at Krondor
Interesting mix of pixel and polygon graphics.
Answer rate: 26%
Other suggestions: 5x Daggerfall, Elder Scrolls, Eternam, Future Wars, Neverwinter, Baphomet's Curse

25) Town of ZZT
The puzzle & game construction kit "ZZT". :)
Answer rate: 21%
Other suggestions: Rogue, Dark Woods, Game of Life, Mailorder Monsters, Mastertype, Nethack, Pickaxe Pete, Qix

Quiz picture:

Answers:
Direct link: https://i.imgur.com/8C74QLW.png

HIGH SCORE TABLE

01 - 25 points - cib - frozentiger
02 - 25 points - mnc - Gerhard S.
03 - 25 points - mnc - Mangamaniac2171
04 - 25 points - rta - marek
05 - 25 points - mnc - Michel
06 - 25 points - stf - n_quadra
07 - 25 points - mnc - OfflineChris
08 - 25 points - mnc - Ost West Elite
09 - 25 points - hcg - teroknor
10 - 24 points - smu - Herr Schatten
11 - 24 points - spz - The_BACH
12 - 23 points - rta - hamsterstyle
13 - 23 points - gms - kopyright
14 - 22 points - gdc - Calastellio
15 - 22 points - gsg - partykiller
16 - 22 points - mmx - fedprod
17 - 22 points - rtg - Antiriad2097
18 - 22 points - cib - ectorhga
19 - 21 points - rta - EarthPainting
20 - 21 points - can - Dark Kariya

21 - 21 points - ftg - Destria
22 - 21 points - ntl - charlix12323
23 - 21 points - ftg - JuniorFE
24 - 21 points - eab - Havie
25 - 20 points - rta - Illusionary
26 - 20 points - gms - kanedat
27 - 20 points - rta - malus
28 - 20 points - stf - Okey_Dokey
29 - 20 points - gpo - DocMoody
30 - 19 points - eab - gimbal
31 - 19 points - stf - Kirby
32 - 19 points - hcg - dsparil
33 - 19 points - mtc - Parsnip
34 - 18 points - mtc - KainXVIII
35 - 18 points - mnc - PaulBearer
36 - 18 points - gav - Wizdom
37 - 17 points - spz - Striderblade
38 - 17 points - stf - soniq
39 - 17 points - sh2 - Vino
40 - 17 points - eab - Nobby_uk
41 - 17 points - rta - aLaxLuthor
42 - 16 points - mnc - HomiSite
43 - 16 points - ftg - rwklau
44 - 16 points - mtc - Valdien
45 - 16 points - ntl - Matt_Barber
46 - 16 points - gdc - Fyrchtegott
47 - 16 points - cib - LockeBoss
48 - 16 points - mmx - Knuckles
49 - 15 points - pop - turzilla
50 - 15 points - mtc - FunnyJay
51 - 15 points - mtc - Wibblewozzer
52 - 14 points - rta - DaveLong
53 - 14 points - gpo - rave
54 - 14 points - gpo - Messor Torvus
55 - 13 points - sh2 - FoxSpitzer
56 - 13 points - rtg - elginmcqueen
57 - 13 points - eab - mailman
58 - 13 points - ata - jgkspsx
59 - 12 points - ata - Keir
60 - 12 points - mmx - Lynx
61 - 12 points - can - Jean-Luc Hazek
62 - 12 points - nto - Ande
63 - 11 points - pcx - Pascal Parvex
64 - 11 points - ftg - Lurker
65 - 11 points - hcg - windfisch
66 - 11 points - ftg - LockeTribal
67 - 11 points - eab - darkwave
68 - 10 points - gms - hellermarie
69 - 10 points - mmx - LittleChoco
70 - 10 points - sh2 - BVBFabi09
71 - 10 points - ftg - Lizard
72 - 9 points - cib - Seizokano
73 - 9 points - mnc - elementalMaster
74 - 9 points - gms - j1m
75 - 9 points - mnc - Mitschel
76 - 9 points - mmx - Dnamei
77 - 9 points - gpo - Bully
78 - 8 points - f64 - Jammet
79 - 8 points - hcg - snake
80 - 8 points - wtd - svenoble
81 - 8 points - mnc - Lukulus
82 - 8 points - pop - Don Como
83 - 7 points - hcg - personman
84 - 7 points - cib - akuma:0
85 - 6 points - spz - Geddoe
86 - 6 points - rkb - kirika1987
87 - 6 points - ntl - Dogorilla
88 - 6 points - stf - zeratul2099
89 - 6 points - ntl - Bunkerneath
90 - 6 points - rkb - Philippe161
91 - 6 points - nto - 4C8en
92 - 6 points - m!g - Red XIII
93 - 5 points - ftg - mrpon
94 - 5 points - gpo - Eddie
95 - 5 points - rta - vgp
96 - 4 points - stf - Thymon
97 - 4 points - gdc - HTX
98 - 4 points - rkb - FolderOfDoom
99 - 4 points - mnc - chifan
100 - 4 points - mtc - QFNS
101 - 3 points - ntl - Teksetter
102 - 3 points - pop - Sascha
103 - 3 points - gpo - Navarone
104 - 3 points - gpo - Konsolomio
105 - 3 points - smu - Guigui
106 - 2 points - gav - Yoshi
107 - 2 points - pop - Arne
108 - 2 points - mmx - Shades
109 - 2 points - gpo - kataka
110 - 1 points - gdc - Zion
111 - 1 points - m!g - Kong
112 - 1 points - gpo - GAMEPROFF
113 - 1 points - gav - Scorplian
114 - 1 points - pop - PUH
115 - 0 points - pop - Daiyama
116 - 0 points - cib - Jan565
117 - 0 points - ntl - BabyYoda71
118 - 0 points - gav - RedBrooke

LOCAL HIGH SCORE

1 - 24 points - Herr Schatten
2 - 03 points - Guigui

Congratulations to Herr Schatten for the local lead and Top 20 position. :) You were only missing number 19...

Thanks to everyone for participating... there are THREE quizzes left before I retire!
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Stronghold, huh? How have I never heard of this game, D&D license and all?
guigui

Post by guigui »

Mr_Horizon wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:19 am Thanks to everyone for participating... there are THREE quizzes left before I retire!
Scrambled picture of 25 shmups games in those last 3 ? 8)
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

guigui wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:17 pm Scrambled picture of 25 shmups games in those last 3 ? 8)
Oh, there is an almost finished Shmups quiz that I sometimes look at...
Maybe I'll have you all vote this month what the next round should be! :)
BulletMagnet wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:54 am Unfortunately I'll have to take my first pass in awhile, as I have zero DOS gaming experience and thus recognize zero of this round's images; best of luck to any fellow forumers who have a crack at it!
Well, thanks to Guigui there were still two players from the Shmups forum. And be assured, the last rounds won't have many DOS titles. ;)
Herr Schatten wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:02 am Despite not having a DOS PC at the time and literally never having played any of those games expect for a few that were also on the Amiga, I recognize quite a few of them, to my own surprise. I can’t figure out #19 for the life of me, though.
Yes you did really well! Maybe you saw them on the computers of friends? That's where my DOS experience cones from (I was "Team Amiga" all through the 90s).
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Mr_Horizon wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:10 am And be assured, the last rounds won't have many DOS titles. ;)
As it turns out, I DID recognize Erik the Swift from Lost Vikings 2, but had no idea that game was ever on DOS and thus figured it must be some other obscure proto-Blizzard game he was making a cameo in; moreover, even if I did hazard a guess the pre-rendered graphical style means I probably would have submitted it as "Norse by Norsewest", the title attached to the 32-bit console ports of the game. Them's the breaks, I guess!
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

September Quiz - Halloween Horror

The supermarket displays leave no doubt - since the first of September everything has been geared towards Halloween. Do you all have enough pumpkins, orange buckets, plastic spiders and cardboard bats yet?
This September my quiz series follows the trend, similar to the zombie and spider puzzles we had many years ago. Accordingly, all signs point to Scary & Horror: 25 games that want you to be scared... a few from before 2000, and many more recent ones. Will you dare to keep your eyes open and recognise them all? :)

And what's up with the strange bonus question? o_O

Deadline is Saturday, 30th September, enter via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here's the quiz... you can do it! :)
Direct link: https://i.imgur.com/wJRMB8m.png
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

September Quiz - Clues #1

Some of you have already noticed, we are actually a month early for a Halloween round. I blame the supermarkets, they confused me with their sudden plastic spiders and pumpkins!
Hopefully the current quiz will confuse you less. The first 25 players are already in, and now I'm helping you out a bit. :)

Here are the first clues:

1) Image 12 shows the first game of a four-part series & is considered to be one of the best horror games of all time.
2) In game 6 you take on lots of supernatural enemies.
3) Number 19 is a Dreamcast game.
4) Only one game of this round was released in the 80s, and a whole 19 had their release after the year 2000. The other five somewhere in between. ;)

Deadline is Saturday 30th of September, enter via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/.
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

September Quiz - Clues #2

The final week is underway, and next Saturday this round is over! Will you join the 35 players who have already participated?
Don't worry about the spooky pictures - they're just games after all. ;)

Here are the last clues:

1) Picture 5 shows a series in which you are constantly on the move with a camcorder and its greenish night vision.
2) Game 11 is a survival horror game on the ps1, the second part of a trilogy.
3) The pixel soup of number 15 is a Sega Saturn game, but the title also appeared for other systems.
4) Ten games in this round are from the 2010s, and six are from the current decade.

Deadline is Saturday 30th of September, enter via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here's the quiz again... :) https://i.imgur.com/wJRMB8m.png
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

The last round of hints did help me find out another one, but I see no chance for me to identify the ones I’m still missing, so I submitted my answers.

Fun fact: I haven’t played even one of the games in this round. The only horror-themed game I’ve ever completed is Resident Evil 4. My remaining experiences with horror games are:

- A bit of the beginning of The Lurking Horror. Great game, but my knowledge of English at the time was too limited to get anywhere. Maybe I should give it another try today.

- A bit of Elvira - Mistress of the Dark..
Loads of atmosphere and great audiovisual design in this one. Too bad the game is an unplayable mess with terrible controls.

- About a third of the first Silent Hill.
Brilliant game, but it really was too stressful for me. The game is able to induce stress into the player like few others.
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

BulletMagnet wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:34 pmA
Herr Schatten wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:15 amA
How come the Shmups forum is voting AGAINST a "shmups / bullet hell" quiz? Or were my graphics too abstract on this. ;)
Fun fact: I haven’t played even one of the games in this round. The only horror-themed game I’ve ever completed is Resident Evil 4. My remaining experiences with horror games are:
- A bit of the beginning of The Lurking Horror. Great game, but my knowledge of English at the time was too limited to get anywhere. Maybe I should give it another try today.
- A bit of Elvira - Mistress of the Dark..
Loads of atmosphere and great audiovisual design in this one. Too bad the game is an unplayable mess with terrible controls.
- About a third of the first Silent Hill.
Brilliant game, but it really was too stressful for me. The game is able to induce stress into the player like few others.
Hey, I really liked Resident Evil 4 too. :)

Of your other examples I only played Silent Hill, and agree with the stress factor. It works *really* well! I have seen pictures of the Elvira game (no thank you, I'll stick with the Elvira platformer instead) and don't even know what lurking horror is like.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Herr Schatten wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:15 amFun fact: I haven’t played even one of the games in this round.
Ditto, and if you think your genre experience is meager, I'm pretty sure the closest to a horror game I've ever played is Koudelka.
How come the Shmups forum is voting AGAINST a "shmups / bullet hell" quiz? Or were my graphics too abstract on this.
So THAT'S what that image meant...I feel stupid now for not seeing it, but at the time all I could think of looking at it was "boomer shooters" or "Doom clones" or the like. Eh, too late now.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Mr_Horizon wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:57 am How come the Shmups forum is voting AGAINST a "shmups / bullet hell" quiz? Or were my graphics too abstract on this. ;)
I fear that’s the case. For some reason I figured B = VR, C = Doom clones, D = card/board games. I couldn’t figure out what A possibly could be, so I chose it as the most interesting one, potentially. Please change my vote to C if possible, but if not it doesn’t really matter.

Mr_Horizon wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:57 am don't even know what lurking horror is like.
It’s an old text adventure by Infocom, and it really nails the Lovecraftian vibe of otherworldly grotesque horror, which is even more of an achievement because the game can’t rely on graphics, only descriptions.
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

September Quiz - deadline tomorrow!

Oh my, are you scared? Almost 70 people dared to take part in this round, maybe all others are paralyzed by fear?! So far only two players from this forum have ventured into the realm of the Horror Quiz. ;)

The deadline for entries is tomorrow, Saturday September 30th. Participate via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/.

Here's the quiz one last time! Don't wait any longer, as when the clock strikes midnight tomorrow... everything is over. o_o https://i.imgur.com/wJRMB8m.png
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

September Quiz - Answers & Score

October is here, I hope the last quiz has prepared you for Halloween? You still have time to organise your costumes and decorations without any stress. ;)

This time 119 people participated... just as many as in the previous round! And a whole dozen got full score, I'm impressed!

Were you wondering what you actually voted for in the mysterious bonus question? For one of the next two topics, of course. :)

Here's how it turned out:
Well, are you happy? :P

1) Dead Space 2
Such a famous scene, unfortunately not famous enough to get an answer rate above 70%. But did you ever google "eye needle game"? ;)
Answer rate: 69%
Other suggestions: Prey, Saw, System shock 2, The Evil Within, The Outlast

2) Slender: The Arrival
Not everyone may know the official game based on "the 8 pages" indie game, but most people have heard of the "Slenderman".
Answer rate: 83%
Other suggestions: Killing Floor, Limbo, Silent hill

3) Five Nights at Freddy's 2
It's crazy that this simple game concept has led to so many sequels and spin-offs.
Answer rate: 88%
Other suggestions: Dark Deception

4) Resident Evil 8
The easiest title of this round: only five players didn't know Lady Dimitrescu. :)
Answer rate: 96%
Other suggestions: -

5) Outlast 2
Solve rate: 79%
Other suggestions: Blair Witch, Madison, Psycho Break, The Evil Whitin, Zombii U

6) Fatal Frame 4
You also got a point for "Project Zero".
Answer rate: 77%
Other suggestions: Bloodstained, FEAR, Obscure, Outlast, Silent Hill, Siren

7) Dino Crisis 2
Answer rate: 86%
Other suggestions: Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunt, Outlast, Turok 2

8.) Dead by Daylight
Other suggestions: Alone in the Dark, Baphomet's Curse, Friday the 13th, Silent Hill, Texas Chain Saw Massacre

9) P.T.
I let "Silent Hill" pass for an answer. Seven people may thank me for this generosity!
Answer rate: 67%
Other suggestions: Fahrenheit, Never Ending Nightmare, The 7th Guest, The Evil within

10) Layers of Fear
Answer rate: 60%
Other suggestions: Silent Hill, Red Dead Redemption, Resident Evil 4, The Last of Us

11) Parasite Eve 2
Answer rate: 43%
Other suggestions: 7x House of the Dead, 4x Resident Evil, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dino Crisis 2, Left 4 Dead, Overblood 2, Time Crisis, Typing of the Dead

12) Amnesia: the dark descent
Answer rate: 46%
Other suggestions: 4x Silent Hill, Doom, House of the Dead

13) Clock Tower
This trilogy is pretty old by now, but those crazy giant scissors are imho pretty recognizable.
Answer rate: 69%
Other suggestions: Blood, NightCry

14) Half Life Alyx
Reviews call the segment with the blind monster an outstanding virtual reality horror experience.
Answer rate: 34%
Other suggestions: 11x Last of Us, Left 4 Dead, Alien Isolation, Doom 2016, Obscure, Silent Hill 2, The Suffering

15) Alone in the Dark 2
Here's the Sega Saturn version - with textures!
Answer rate: 43%
Other suggestions:
4x House of the Dead, D, Amnesia, Daggerfall, Deep Fear, Mansion of Hidden Souls, Nightmare Creatures

16) FEAR 3
Answer rate: 44%
Other suggestions: Galerians, The Evil Within, Zombii

17) Poppy Playtime
Five people named the monster of the first episode (Huggy Wuggy), I wonder why? Don't worry, you got the point too.
Answer rate: 50%
Other suggestions: My Friendly Neighborhood, Dead Rising, Evil Plush Toy

18.) Scorn
Answer rate: 46%
Other suggestions: Soma, Call of Cthulhu, Returnal

19) Carrier
The first survival horror game on the Dreamcast - a mediocre Resident Evil clone.
Answer rate: 47%
Other suggestions: 5x House of the Dead, 4x Resident Evil, Zombie Revenge, Blue Stinger, Deep Fear, Cold Fear, Dead Head Fred, Hunter The Reckoning, Martian Gothic, Silent Hill, System Shock 2, Vampire The Masquerade

20) Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
More than half of you recognise the mysterious psychiatrist from the Wii game? Interesting!
Answer rate: 51%
Other suggestions: Alan Wake, Dead Rising, Rise of Nightmares, World of horror

21) Deadeus
A horror game from 2021 for the Nintendo Game Boy.
Answer rate: 39%
Other suggestions: Blasphemous, World of Horror

22) Terror at Oakheart
"This side-scrolling, pixel-based game aims to replicate the experience of watching an 80s horror movie"
Answer rate: 13%
Other suggestions: Graveyard Keeper, Lone Survivor, Nearly Dead: Live and Let Die, Tales of the Undead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Textorcist, Vampires Dawn 2

23) Detention
A scary game from Taiwan.
Answer rate: 24%
Other suggestions: Observation Duty, White day

24) Siren: Blood Curse
Answer rate: 25%
Other suggestions: 5x Little Nightmares, Left 4 Dead, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Darksiders 2, Deadly Premonition, Parasite eve, The Evil Within, The Forest

25) Sweet Home
Sweet Home on the NES... the first survival horror game ever?
Answer rate: 42%
Other suggestions: Beast Busters, Faith, Resident Evil: Gaiden, Splatterhouse

Quiz image:

Answer image:
Direct link: https://i.imgur.com/JUQ41GF.png

HIGH SCORE TABLE

01 - 25 points - gms - hellermarie
01 - 25 points - mnc - Gerhard S.
01 - 25 points - mnc - OfflineChris
01 - 25 points - rta - Illusionary
01 - 25 points - mnc - Mangamaniac2171
01 - 25 points - rta - EarthPainting
01 - 25 points - mnc - Ost West Elite
01 - 25 points - rta - Marek
01 - 25 points - spz - The_BACH
01 - 25 points - gdc - Calastellio
01 - 25 points - mtc - Parsnip
01 - 25 points - stf - MilesTeg
13 - 24 points - mnc - Dreamteam
14 - 24 points - ntl - charlix12323
15 - 24 points - hcg - excelsior
16 - 24 points - cib - frozentiger
17 - 24 points - gsg - partykiller
18 - 24 points - mtc - Valdien
19 - 23 points - rtg - Antiriad2097
20 - 23 points - ftg - JuniorFE

21 - 22 points - gpo - DocMoody
22 - 22 points - cib - LockeBoss
23 - 21 points - mmx - Knuckles
24 - 21 points - eab - Nobby_UK
25 - 21 points - gav - Wizdom
26 - 20 points - gpo - GAMEPROFF
27 - 20 points - pop - turzilla
28 - 20 points - mmx - fedprod
29 - 20 points - gpo - X3ll
30 - 20 points - gdc - Fyrchtegott
31 - 20 points - smu - Herr Schatten
32 - 20 points - eab - Havie
33 - 20 points - gdc - DasSchaf
34 - 20 points - rta - malus
35 - 19 points - gdc - Zion
36 - 19 points - gms - kopyright
37 - 19 points - sh2 - FoxSpitzer
38 - 19 points - nto - Quadratlatschen
39 - 19 points - mnc - Lukulus
40 - 18 points - mtc - MegaApple
41 - 18 points - mnc - HomiSite
42 - 18 points - gav - Scorplian
43 - 17 points - mnc - chifan
44 - 17 points - cib - Seizokano
45 - 17 points - gdc - Frapstery
46 - 16 points - ntl - Matt_Barber
47 - 16 points - eab - mailman
48 - 16 points - rtg - elginmcqueen
49 - 16 points - ata - jgkspsx
50 - 16 points - can - Strife
51 - 16 points - gpo - Rave
52 - 16 points - mtc - FunnyJay
53 - 15 points - sh2 - BVBFabi09
54 - 15 points - stf - soniq
55 - 15 points - rkb - FolderOfDoom
56 - 15 points - gpo - Messor Torvus
57 - 15 points - mtc - Wibblewozzer
58 - 14 points - spz - Geddoe
59 - 14 points - mnc - Klees
60 - 14 points - rta - Gygas
61 - 13 points - rta - Zolbrod
62 - 13 points - m!g - Red XIII
63 - 13 points - mmx - Lynx
64 - 12 points - gms - KellogsFrosties
65 - 12 points - ftg - Lurker
66 - 12 points - rkb - Philippe161
67 - 12 points - hcg - personman
68 - 11 points - sh2 - Neo_SUC
69 - 11 points - spz - Striderblade
70 - 11 points - rta - Var
71 - 11 points - pop - Don Como
72 - 11 points - cib - Retro_Willie
73 - 10 points - gav - Sun
74 - 10 points - spz - VAL
75 - 10 points - gpo - Eddie
76 - 09 points - mnc - elementalMaster
77 - 09 points - smu - BulletMagnet
78 - 09 points - eab - darkwave
79 - 09 points - gpo - Klingsor
80 - 09 points - mmx - LittleChoco
81 - 09 points - mtc - xrr
82 - 09 points - mtc - freshveggie
83 - 08 points - rkb - Astarth
84 - 08 points - hcg - teroknor
85 - 08 points - mnc - Mitschel
86 - 08 points - gpo - Kataka
87 - 08 points - nto - Dark~ExxzoN
88 - 07 points - gdc - Darius
89 - 07 points - can - Dark Kariya
90 - 07 points - gsg - LI
91 - 07 points - gpo - FireSmoke
92 - 07 points - gpo - Navarone
93 - 07 points - ntl - Dogorilla
94 - 06 points - f64 - Popeye
95 - 06 points - mmx - Shades
96 - 06 points - wtd - svenoble
97 - 06 points - rkb - flof1ghterLegend
98 - 06 points - nto - Devil1983
99 - 06 points - gav - Rippi
100- 06 points - pop - Arne
101- 05 points - hcg - snake
102- 05 points - ntl - StarPoint
103- 05 points - rta - gblues
104- 05 points - mtc - QFNS
105- 05 points - mmx - Dnamei
106- 04 points - nto - 4C8en
107- 04 points - pop - Sascha
108- 04 points - gpo - Bully
109- 04 points - gpo - Konsolomio
110- 03 points - ata - Keir
111- 03 points - rkb - kirika1987
112- 03 points - cib - Jan565
113- 03 points - ftg - Lizard
114- 03 points - ntl - BabyYoda71
115- 03 points - gav - RedBrooke
116- 03 points - gav - Yoshi
117- 02 points - ftg - Destria
118- 02 points - m!g - Kong
119- 01 points - nto - Isamu_17

LOCAL HIGH SCORE

1 - 20 points - Herr Schatten
2 - 09 points - BulletMagnet

Congrats to Herr Schatten for the local lead. :)

Thank you guys so much for participating.... there are only two quizzes left!
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Surprised I managed to stumble into as many correct-ish answers as I did...that said, I think the scariest part of the round was learning that so many people voted for board games as the next one. Gonna be another one of those for me. :P
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

Hey everyone, I'm currently on vacation and didn't plan so well - now I can't finish this month's quiz in time. :/

That's why I'm taking a break for a month and we will continue in November.

See you then! :)
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

November Quiz - Board & Card Games

After a month's break, here comes Quiz #99... as chosen by you in the last round, it's about board games in digital form - sometimes you'll see direct conversions, and sometimes just titles that where in some way inspired by physical games. :)

So, similar to the "movie license" or "comic license" quizzes from previous years, you can get a whole lot of points with some knowledge from outside of computer games. :)

There is also a bonus question: Which board game was used as a background for the intro image?

Deadline is Thursday the 30th of November, enter via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/.

Here's the quiz... take turns clockwise, grab your dice and start! :)
Direct link: https://i.imgur.com/pSlkklm.png
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

November Quiz - Clues #1

Half the month is over, fifty players are already in. Not bad, but there's still a lot of room at the table and nobody has scored full points - sit down, grab a dice and join in! ^_^

Here are the first clues:

1) Game 3 is from this decade, the award-winning first title from a new German game company - here we had the video game first, then the board game.
2) Title number 7 is a well-known children's game where you control a hippopotamus.
3) If you like Japanese RPGs, you may have already seen the card game in picture 9. This title is available as an RPG mini-game and as a stand-alone online game.
4) In picture number 14, we see the ps2 spin-off of a strategy series in the form of a virtual board game.

The deadline is Thursday 30th of November, please participate via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here's the quiz again... if it's your turn and you can't lay a card, you have to draw one! :) https://i.imgur.com/pSlkklm.png
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

November Quiz - Clues #2

The final week is underway, over sixty players are hoping for as many correct entries as possible... but nobody has reached full points yet! o_O Are you already playing or still waiting for more help? Well, here it is. ;)

These are the last clues:

1) Wii title number 15 was designed with Steven Spielberg.
2) Having sold millions of copies in almost twenty years, many of you will have come across the railway-based game #8.
3) Number 6 is an award-winning classic board game in which you chase a criminal through London.
4) First published in 1989, re-released in 2021 and turned into a computer game in the 90s - game 13 is also a classic!

The deadline for entries is next week, Thursday 30 November, participation via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here's the quiz again... watch out, next week the game is over. :)
Direct link: https://i.imgur.com/pSlkklm.png
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Mr_Horizon wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:04 pmstill waiting for more help?
Read my mind. :P

Actually guessed the same answer on two of the questions, I'm pretty sure one of them is it...then again, of course, I could be totally off track altogether.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

BulletMagnet wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:46 amActually guessed the same answer on two of the questions, I'm pretty sure one of them is it...then again, of course, I could be totally off track altogether.
If you are referring to numbers 2 and 3, the one you’re thinking of is most likely number 2.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Completely different pair, actually; of course, my guesses on 2 and 3 could very well be clunkers as well, heh.
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

November Quiz - this round ends soon!

How many cards do you still have in your hand? Quick, play all of them! Thursday night this round will be over. :)
So far over 90 people have joined, two of them from this forum. Don't stop now!

Deadline for entries is the Thursday November 30th, entry via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here's the quiz again... last move, now or never: https://i.imgur.com/pSlkklm.png
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

November Quiz - Answers & Score

Time is up and the game is over! Who has brought all their pieces to the finish, has the most victory points and has no cards left in their hand? Scroll down and you'll find the high score list. :)

Something unusual happened in this round. All games were found out, but not by everyone - nobody scored full points (25+1 bonus) all month long.

The bonus point was awarded for correctly guessing the cover picture, which was of course inspired by the magical board game Jumanji. :D
See for yourself (at 1:40): https://youtu.be/rIH14Ir2DrA?si=3ZEnwU0yPWJ7leOL&t=97
That's what 73% of you recognised correctly!

But enough with the intro, here are the answers:

1) Mario Party 7
The famous "Nintendo board game" for consoles.
Answer Rate: 97%
Board game: -

2) Catan Universe
The digital version of "Settlers of Catan".
Answer Rate: 76%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/13/catan
Other suggestions: Life, Game of Life

3) Dorfromantik
A case of "video game first, board game second".
Answer Rate: 74%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/370 ... board-game
Other suggestions: Carcassone, Settlers of Catan, Settlers

4) Monopoly
Together with Mario Party the easiest title in this round, here the GBA version.
Answer Rate: 97%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1406/monopoly

5) Uno Flip
Answer Rate: 91%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2223/uno
Other suggestions: Skip-Bo

6) Scotland Yard
Asymmetric gameplay in a board game from the 80s? The hunt for Mister X!
Answer Rate: 65%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/438/scotland-yard
Other suggestions: Carmen Sandiego, Clue, Criminal Case, Fortune Street, Game of Life, Jack the Ripper, Letters from Whitechapel, Pandemic, Pinball, Power Grid, Sim city, wheel of fortune

7) Hungry Hungry Hippos
In German "Hippo Flipp".
Answer Rate: 67%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/589 ... gry-hippos
Other suggestions: Happy Hippo, A Hippo on a Rollercoaster, Bernd the Bread, Flickerball, Malplay, numberblocks, Peggle

8.) Ticket to Ride
In German "Zug um Zug".
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/9209/ticket-ride
Other suggestions: Anno, Arch Riva, Louisiana, Risk, Thomas The Tank Engine, TransAmerica

9) Tetra Master
The card game from Final Fantasy 9 also existed as a separate game, but both names were correct in this quiz.
Answer Rate: 54%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/760 ... -card-game
Other suggestions: Brute Wars 2, Dragon Quest Trading Card Game, Magic Nations

10) Risk
In German "Risiko", here an old DOS version.
Answer Rate: 64%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/181/risk
Other suggestions: Axis and Allies, Colonial Conquest, Isle Wars, Oil Imperium, Richesses du monde, South America

11) Pokémon Trading Card Game
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/216 ... -card-game
Other suggestions: Yu-Gi-Oh, Duel Masters, Casino Kid, Poker, SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters Clash

12) Malefiz
Also known as "Barricade".
Answer Rate: 46%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2322/malefiz
Other suggestions: 4x Mensch ärgere Dich nicht, Solitaire, Go, 4 Gewinnt, Clubhouse Games, Labyrinth, Ludo, Morabaraba, Second Life, Sorry, Wii Party

13) Hero Quest - Return of the Witch King
The expansion to the first Hero Quest.
Answer Rate: 59%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/699/heroquest
Other suggestions: 4x Dungeons & Dragons, The Black Eye, Equinox, Solstice

14) Culdcept
Answer Rate: 36%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/269 ... -card-game
Other suggestions: 5x Final Fantasy Tactics, Advance Wars, Disagaea, Dynasty Warriors, Itadaki Street, Playmobil Fort

15) Boom Blox
Jenga is the inspiration, but the game here has a completely different name.
But since it's now December and therefore SOON CHRISTMAS, I've also given the Jenga entries half a point. :)
Answer Rate: 56% (only Boom Blox!)
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2452/jenga
Other suggestions: 34x Jenga (0.5 points), Penguin

16) Magic Arena
The card game Magic the Gathering in digital form.
Answer Rate: 72%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/463/magic-gathering
Other suggestions: Hearthstone, Gwent, God of War

17) Town of Salem
The old card games "Werewolves" or "Mafia" were converted into a computer game with this title.
Answer Rate: 46%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/191 ... -card-game
Other suggestions: Culdcept, The Fuggers, Gallows Guessing, Lego Harry Potter

18) Gwent The Witcher Card Game
Another card game - "Witcher" also gave the point.
Answer Rate: 54%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/178 ... -scoiatael
Other suggestions: Hearthstone, heroes of camelot, Reckless Flurry Deck, Warhammer

19) Rock em Sock em Robots
Another plastic block like Hungry Hippos, here the GBA version.
Answer Rate: 51%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/730 ... -em-robots
Other suggestions: Panzer Dragoon, Robo Rumble, Super Pro Boxing, Wario Ware

20) Baten Kaitos Origins
As of number 20, less than a quarter of you got the games right - Here's the prequel to a Gamecube RPG with card mechanics.
Answer Rate: 22%
Board game: -
Other suggestions: Granblue, Lost kingdoms, Culdcept, Eternal Card Game, Final Fantasy, Gloomhaven, Hearthstone, jenga, King of Avalon, World of Warcraft

21) Clubhouse Games: 51 World Classics
No, not Tipp-Kick, Foosball, Mini Football or Subbuteo, they don't have these tracks on the board!
The correct answers are "Stiga Soccer" (the original), Clubhouse Games (the Switch game collection) or "Toy Soccer" (the name of the game in the collection).
Answer Rate: 19%
Brettspiel: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/71-1383-11/dp/B079Z7T9S7
Other suggestions: 14x Tipp Kick, 8x Subbuteo, 5x Mini Football, Foosball, Kicker, Soccer, Tactics & Glory, Boom Boom Soccer, Bubble Football, Europa Cup, Fifa Wii, Virtual Foosball

22) Strip Poker
One of many 80s poker games with scantily clad women, here a Spectrum version.
Answer Rate: 20%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1115/poker
Other suggestions: Pictionary, Wario Ware, Bikini, Blackjack, jacks party

23) Robo Rally
A mobile phone game for the board game. Has anyone played one of the many remakes? I only know/have the originals from the 90s. :)
Answer Rate: 9%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/18/roborally
Other suggestions: Bomberman, Ape Escape, Dragon Quest V, Factory Fun, Klax, mario party, Mouse trap, Wii Party

24) Gloomhaven
The Gloomhaven base game is huge and weighs almost 10 kilos. o_O
Answer Rate: 18%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/174430/gloomhaven
Other suggestions: Lord of the Rings, Duel of Summoners, Heros of dragon age, Legend of Kain, Shadowlands, Shadowverse, Skylords Reborn, World of Warcraft

25) Sagaland
In English "Enchanted Forest". This classic board game, which is over 40 years old, was turned into a computer game in 2004.
Congratulations to Frozentiger (Circuit Board) and Navarone (Gamepro) - you two are the only ones who got it right! Please tell us how you did it. :D
Answer Rate: 1.4%
Board game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/938 ... ted-forest
Other suggestions: Runescape, Stronghold, Tower Defence, Chess, Battle

Here is the quiz picture again, followed by the answers:

Answer picture:
Direct link: https://i.imgur.com/ORBdr57.png

HIGH SCORE

01 - 25 points - mnc - Gerhard S.
02 - 25 points - mnc - Ost West Elite
03 - 25 points - gsg - partykiller
04 - 25 points - hcg - excelsior
05 - 25 points - mnc - Mangamaniac2171
06 - 25 points - rta - Marek
07 - 24 points - cib - frozentiger
08 - 24 points - mnc - OfflineChris
09 - 24 points - spz - The_BACH
10 - 23 points - rta - EarthPainting
11 - 23 points - mtc - Panda Pedinte
12 - 23 points - nto - Ande
13 - 23 points - pop - turzilla
14 - 22 points - ntl - charlix12323
15 - 22 points - rta - Illusionary
16 - 22 points - mmx - fedprod
17 - 22 points - ftg - JuniorFE
18 - 22 points - gpo - DocMoody
19 - 22 points - rta - malus
20 - 22 points - mmx - LittleChoco

21 - 21 points - nto - Devil1983
22 - 21 points - gdc - Fyrchtegott
23 - 21 points - gms - kopyright
24 - 21 points - mmx - Klunky
25 - 21 points - rkb - kirika1987
26 - 21 points - rta - hamsterstyle
27 - 20 points - ata - Keir
28 - 20 points - mnc - chifan
29 - 20 points - gpo - rave
30 - 19 points - gpo - Navarone
31 - 19 points - gav - Wizdom
32 - 19 points - sh2 - BVBFabi09
33 - 19 points - eab - Nobby_UK
34 - 19 points - rtg - ElginMcQueen
35 - 19 points - cib - Seizokano
36 - 19 points - ata - jgkspsx
37 - 19 points - mnc - Mitschel
38 - 18 points - gms - j1m
39 - 18 points - rta - PCfromNYC
40 - 18 points - smu - Herr Schatten
41 - 18 points - mmx - Lynx
42 - 18 points - sh2 - FoxSpitzer
43 - 18 points - mtc - Wibblewozzer
44 - 18 points - wtd - svenoble
45 - 17 points - mmx - Knuckles
46 - 17 points - hcg - dsparil
47 - 17 points - ftg - rwklau
48 - 17 points - cib - ectorhga
49 - 17 points - pop - Don Como
50 - 17 points - rtg - Antiriad2097
51 - 17 points - m!g - Red XIII
52 - 17 points - can - Dark Kariya
53 - 17 points - sh2 - godzella
54 - 17 points - gdc - Zion
55 - 17 points - eab - Havie
56 - 16 points - ntl - Matt_Barber
57 - 16 points - rkb - salversurfer
58 - 16 points - gms - hellermarie
59 - 16 points - mmx - Dnamei
60 - 16 points - rta - Bushmonkey
61 - 16 points - rkb - Addearheart
62 - 15 points - mtc - MegaApple
63 - 15 points - smu - BulletMagnet
64 - 15 points - rkb - DSOP.ape
65 - 15 points - gpo - X3ll
66 - 15 points - gms - kanedat
67 - 14 points - wtd - VfBFan
68 - 14 points - hcg - teroknor
69 - 14 points - rkb - Luggsen
70 - 14 points - gpo - Messor Torvus
71 - 14 points - mtc - FunnyJay
72 - 14 points - wtd - tilmobaxter
73 - 13 points - rta - Blufunk
74 - 13 points - eab - mailman
75 - 13 points - ftg - Lurker
76 - 13 points - spz - Striderblade
77 - 13 points - ntl - Dogorilla
78 - 13 points - cib - Elemental Master
79 - 13 points - gpo - kataka
80 - 13 points - rkb - Astarth
81 - 13 points - wtd - MrBlack
82 - 13 points - ntl - ReadytoShock
83 - 13 points - gav - Scorplian
84 - 12 points - gms - KellogsFrosties
85 - 12 points - mmx - Shades
86 - 12 points - sh2 - Vino
87 - 12 points - mtc - QFNS
88 - 12 points - ftg - LockeTribal
89 - 12 points - gdc - D4rkD
90 - 12 points - rta - aLaxLuthor
91 - 12 points - stf - Waelthus
92 - 11 points - m!g - geohound
93 - 11 points - spz - Geddoe
94 - 11 points - rkb - TreasureHunter
95 - 11 points - gpo - GAMEPROFF
96 - 10 points - off - Kelly the cutest
97 - 10 points - mnc - HomiSite
98 - 10 points - wtd - yollum
99 - 10 points - ntl - Bunkerneath
100 - 10 points - wtd - bormioli
101 - 10 points - f64 - Pat Power
102 - 10 points - can - M.Rick75
103 - 10 points - ftg - Lizard
104 - 10 points - hcg - personman
105 - 9 points - gpo - Bully
106 - 9 points - ntl - BabyYoda71
107 - 9 points - mnc - Lukulus
108 - 9 points - rta - Charlie2Zer0
109 - 9 points - gav - Sun
110 - 9 points - off - Karsten
111 - 9 points - stf - P1NKAC1D
112 - 9 points - wtd - Brainbug
113 - 8 points - mnc - elementalMaster
114 - 8 points - nto - Hemmy
115 - 8 points - hcg - snake
116 - 8 points - gpo - Eddie
117 - 8 points - wtd - Schnuddeltier
118 - 8 points - rkb - FolderOfDoom
119 - 8 points - nto - 4C8en
120 - 8 points - gdc - Canti
121 - 8 points - f64 - Jammet
122 - 8 points - ftg - Destria
123 - 8 points - ntl - Snatcher
124 - 8 points - pop - Arne
125 - 7 points - cib - Jan565
126 - 7 points - m!g - Kong
127 - 7 points - gav - RedBrooke
128 - 6 points - off - Patrick
129 - 6 points - pop - Saschascha
130 - 6 points - rkb - flof1ghterLegend
131 - 6 points - gdc - Mina
132 - 6 points - mtc - freshVeggie
133 - 4 points - gav - Yoshi
134 - 4 points - pop - Daiyama
135 - 3 points - pop - PUH
136 - 3 points - gsg - LI
137 - 3 points - hcg - vnisanian2001
138 - 3 points - ntl - StarPoint
139 - 1 points - wtd - kkuez
140 - 1 points - rtg - rossi46

LOCAL HIGH SCORE

1 - 18 points - Herr Schatten
2 - 15 points - BulletMagnet

Congratulations to Herr Schatten for the local lead. :)

You both answered the bonus question correctly!

Thanks to you all for participating... there is ONE quiz left.
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

Soon the final round will begin... Quiz #100!
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

You must remember this,
A quiz is still a quiz,
So hats off to this guy. :)

Though my score still never goes too high
As time goes by :P
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

BulletMagnet wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:42 pm You must remember this,
A quiz is still a quiz,
(...)
Awww, thank you! :D
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

January Quiz - Musicians

Here it is finally, Quiz #100. o_O

In this round you have to recognise the game that the pictured musicians appear in - be it a guitar-wielding protagonist, a cool sci-fi DJ or the medieval band of a fantasy RPG. :)
There was some speculation about a special theme for the last round, but in the end I didn't follow through with any of these ideas - so no "Game Over" screens, no defeated player characters (I don't want to end with a corpse quiz :D) and no "best of" either.

Nevertheless, there is something special about this round, as you can win up to five (!) bonus points. :) You can see the first four in the entry form, but the fifth one is different:

If this forum manages to surpass its highest number of participants, every player from here gets a bonus point.

For the Shmups forum this number is: FIVE (October 2022)

For all this effort, there is also something to win this time:

1x Neo Geo Mini from the admins of the Maniac Forum
1x 50€ Mystery Box from "www.retroplace.com - Your marketplace for video games & consoles"
1x ATARI: Art and Design of Video Games. The translator Stephan Freundorfer is publishing the "Prince of Persia" diaries together with the game designer Jordan Mechner in April this year.

Prizes will be raffled among the top 50, legal recourse is excluded. :)

The deadline for entries is Wednesday 31st of January, please join via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here is the (last!) quiz:
Direct link: https://i.imgur.com/vbJloo1.png
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

January Quiz - Clues #1

We are in the last round, fifty players are already participating... who is still missing? :)
Are you waiting for a few clues so that you can join in? Then I better not keep you waiting any longer:

1) Game #4 has a female main character, the screenshot shows the sound menu.
2) Picture number 6 shows the tutorial of a very wacky Japanese music game (Sony exclusive).
3) In the intro of the home computer game #19 from the late 80s, this guy plays in a full-screen band.
4) The #8 is a new-ish platformer in which you help a young guitarist with his self-discovery.

...don't forget there's prizes this time:

1x Neo Geo Mini
1x 50€ Mystery Box from www.retroplace.com
1x ATARI: Art and Design of Video Games

These will be raffled among the top 50. :)

The deadline is Wednesday 31st of January, participation via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here is the quiz again: https://i.imgur.com/vbJloo1.png
Mr_Horizon

Post by Mr_Horizon »

January Quiz - Clues #2

This is the very last clue post, in the very last round... so now it's definitely time to join, or are you really gonna miss this?? :D Seventy-five people had enough FOMO to already submit their entries - you do however still have time until next WEDNESDAY.

Here we go:

1) Game 20 is from a German developer whose last title was a big disappointment.
2) Number 11 is a racing game from the 90s.
3) In picture 14, you are controlling a well-known superhero.
4) Title 16 is an RPG based on D&D.

Besides the FOUR bonus points from the additional questions, don't forget the "bonus point for all":
If this forum manages to surpass its highest number of participants, every player from here gets a bonus point.

The deadline is next Wednesday the 31st January, participation via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here is the quiz again: https://i.imgur.com/vbJloo1.png