The Epic Saga of The Game Paradise + Radirgy Swag Preorders: YEAR 5!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
tadaito

Re: The Epic Saga of The Game Paradise + Radirgy Swag Preorders: YEAR 5!

Post by tadaito »

Sima Tuna wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:31 am Seems legally liable to me. You give a ship date and then don't ship anything.

Also pretty hilarious to see that "we take your money as soon as you order" sentence. They need to take the money right away but they send the game never. Makes fucking sense, dood.
Somehow I feel 'legal liability' went out the window when refunds have been refused for almost half a decade.
It would be funny if this was the straw that broke the camels back and attracted lawyers, though
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

tadaito wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:18 am Hello everyone, it's shipping day for Game Paradise and Radirgy Swag, and business hours have just closed... let's see how it's going!

Huh, well, the page still claims it will be shipped out today.

Let's check their twitter, see what people think, maybe someone got a shipping notification?

Oh dear... a customer didnt receive any shipping notice, nor any responses to emails.
Checking some other posts, at least two other people claim it wasn't shipping.
And upon asking a friend who ordered all those years ago... yep, they didnt ship anything to him today, either!

Oh dear, I wonder what happened? Giving a pretty specific date made me assume a logistics or fulfillment team were coming together on that day to ship orders.
I will be monitoring the situation, and posting updates here as it develops.
Yeah I saw this coming from a mile away: even before Brian's recent "delete and announce a comeback" strategy because I've seen the song and dance too many times. This was always a goalpost move as he desperately hoped to maybe get some sort of funding that would let him kit and assemble the tengoku carts that already got made, i'm guessing. (since he cannot legally sell those cart only, they have to be assembled, and knowing what the finances are like, he's probably unable to even attempt to do so) Chargebacks and bugging for refunds is the only advice I can give to people at this point, and from what your findings indicate, it seems those who did bug him for a refund ASAP got ghosted regardless. We went past the five year mark and at this rate it will never end unless ININ or someone acquires these three titles (I know they got Jajamaru Collection from Dispatch, since Dispatch sold imports on the Switch version and even boasted about a localization effort in the works for a bit, before silently cancelling that all...) for western release. I'm getting the feeling whoever will do the Swamp double pack in the west (likely ININ/SLG) will likely redo Swag and properly release that as well (since I'm pretty sure the dev noted the Swamp set is in the works for a EN release)

Also I've seen that leslie person a LOT in my years of covering this company. Desperately hoping and wishing for status updates and posting on facebook/twitter and hoping he'll come through, only to keep running into Brian's false promises over and over again. They seem to be a big fan of Rail sim and really want that game to come out, but at this rate I'm pretty sure it never will. They were one of the ones who tagged me a bit recently hoping to get me to get Brian to post more, but I had to reiterate that I couldn't do anything if he's refusing to talk to anyone via PR/CS and making more articles would be pointless. They must have tremendous patience to still somehow trust a conman like Brian to deliver overdue games this late.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

The truth is out there.
tadaito

Post by tadaito »

Many more customers now flooding in across social media claiming to have not received any shipping confirmation, from orders years ago, to ones a little more recently...
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Sima Tuna wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:31 amAlso pretty hilarious to see that "we take your money as soon as you order" sentence. They need to take the money right away but they send the game never. Makes fucking sense, dood.
Time is a flat circle.

m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

*sigh*

I've been biting my tongue up until this point because ultimately people can do what they want with their own money. But after everything that's happened, to see people STILL saying "he's taking orders for Game Paradise/Swag/Rail Sim again, so I rolled the dice and ordered one. I know I'll probably never receive anything, but it's cool because I'm rich/my credit card has fraud protection/etc/etc. And hey, you never know..." makes me fucking nuts

Uh, you DO know. And the reason he continues to pull this is because it obviously works. His last act on this earth will probably be sending out a tweet saying "Okay, all set to ship on 10/18/32. 200 copies of Swag, 120 Game Paradise, and 378 Rail Sim are available due to cancellations. First come, first serve" just to squeeze out a few thousand more from the living before he departs, and they'll be a hundred lining up to hand it to him

I'm seriously not even mad at him anymore because you KNOW what you're walking into, YET YOU KEEP ON TRUCKING. More power to him...

Edit:

Sorry </rant> But somebody had to say something.
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

I agree 100% with you, but this is the internet. The more you tell people not to do something, the more they'll want to do it to spite you.

I think it's obvious based on his past behaviors that Dispatch Guy will never ship anything. He takes the money right away, spends it on hookers or whatever and you never get a game.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

The more you tell people not to do something, the more they'll want to do it to spite you.

Don't
send me $100, I'll get really mad!!!
DoomsDave

Re: The Epic Saga of The Game Paradise: CruisinMix Preorders

Post by DoomsDave »

tadaito wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:27 am
DoomsDave wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:29 am add me to the list of people who contacted him about refunding game paradise and radirgy and heard nothing back
Funnily, he seems to actually reply on Facebook when people ask things about orders.
Could try that route?
Nah I haven't tried that yet, I might try but I've pretty much just written these off as a loss. My radirgy order is now 4 years old. I just hope he stubs his toe really bad or is constipated or something for a week now.
tadaito

Re: The Epic Saga of The Game Paradise: CruisinMix Preorders

Post by tadaito »

DoomsDave wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:55 am
tadaito wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:27 am
DoomsDave wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:29 am add me to the list of people who contacted him about refunding game paradise and radirgy and heard nothing back
Funnily, he seems to actually reply on Facebook when people ask things about orders.
Could try that route?
Nah I haven't tried that yet, I might try but I've pretty much just written these off as a loss. My radirgy order is now 4 years old. I just hope he stubs his toe really bad or is constipated or something for a week now.
Could serve him a really scary legal letter, may as well make life annoying for him.
m.sniffles.esq wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:01 pm but it's cool because I'm rich/my credit card has fraud protection/etc/etc. And hey, you never know..."[/i] makes me fucking nuts
So funny thing about this, if people actually charge back, almost every payment processor now, in the year 2023, has 'chargeback fees'
Basically, the vendor, in this case Dispatch Games, has to pay a flat fee no matter the outcome of the chargeback
Which means in every case, the value of the product + 20-120USD depending on the payment processor and how many chargebacks they have received.

If you get enough, your business is marked as risky and its the max fee.
If every person that did these stupid orders charged back, the man would lose even more money than he is getting.
But it seems clearly people arent.

Also, if you paid by credit card, I believe the upper limit with mastercard is 540 days in some cases?
So anyone who made a silly 2021/2 order may barely be in range to still charge back, if they used a credit card.

I did joke about buying it in an early post, but to make it clear, I'm joking.
Never giving that man money, and to anyone reading this DONT DO IT.

It's propping up a scam, every time you let the FOMO hit you and you buy one of his "back in stock!" preorders, you are propping up this almost 5 year running scam.
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

m.sniffles.esq wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:01 pm *sigh*

I've been biting my tongue up until this point because ultimately people can do what they want with their own money. But after everything that's happened, to see people STILL saying "he's taking orders for Game Paradise/Swag/Rail Sim again, so I rolled the dice and ordered one. I know I'll probably never receive anything, but it's cool because I'm rich/my credit card has fraud protection/etc/etc. And hey, you never know..." makes me fucking nuts

Uh, you DO know. And the reason he continues to pull this is because it obviously works. His last act on this earth will probably be sending out a tweet saying "Okay, all set to ship on 10/18/32. 200 copies of Swag, 120 Game Paradise, and 378 Rail Sim are available due to cancellations. First come, first serve" just to squeeze out a few thousand more from the living before he departs, and they'll be a hundred lining up to hand it to him

I'm seriously not even mad at him anymore because you KNOW what you're walking into, YET YOU KEEP ON TRUCKING. More power to him...

Edit:

Sorry </rant> But somebody had to say something.
I agree with this 100%. Someone openly told me “yeah i know he did this before but i really want my radirgy so i’m keeping the order in case i get a rare game” when i was literally pleading and begging em to just contact him to cancel ASAP while he was in his new “activity phase” since it’s blatant this is a cashflow issue and he needs FOMO funds.

Such is the nature of the limprint market, unfortunately
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Someone openly told me “yeah i know he did this before but i really want my radirgy so i’m keeping the order in case i get a rare game”

This may make me the craziest

"yeah, I'm probably getting robbed. But in the off-chance they do get sent out, I'll be able to flip that bitch for like $300! It's just a high-risk investment"

Y'know, because at this point he's going to send them out just so you can put it up on ebay for a 500% profit instead of just putting them on ebay himself

I guess that's why they call it a confidence racket as opposed to an intelligence racket...
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

DoomsDave wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:15 am The saga continues....

https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 4618745097

Cool, OP updated. I can't wait to see what happens next.
tadaito

Post by tadaito »

I checked over Twitter (Or uh, X?) and Facebook, as well as with two people I know that made orders back in 2019, there is no sign anyone has had an order fulfilled.
If orders were "processing out now", surely someone would have come forward, celebrating their order had shipped.

But there is no such sign, no evidence so far anything has been sent.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Yeah I ordered in 2019 and have gotten no kind of shipment notification or anything.
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

Yeah my friends who were waiting still heard nothing back. Same with any emails on refunds they sent.

Brian just moving the goalposts once again.
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

If shipments were processing then the shipment tracking info would have already been sent and customers would be able to check for themselves. When shit you order is being sent to the shipper, you'll get a shipment confirmation for that, showing that the shipper is awaiting receipt.

Obviously, that is not happening in this case because the games are not in his possession and he is not going to ship them. He'll go silent for a few months (or a year) and then come back with some new bullshit excuse. Blame it on the warehouse again maybe.
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

Sima Tuna wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:08 pm If shipments were processing then the shipment tracking info would have already been sent and customers would be able to check for themselves. When shit you order is being sent to the shipper, you'll get a shipment confirmation for that, showing that the shipper is awaiting receipt.

Obviously, that is not happening in this case because the games are not in his possession and he is not going to ship them. He'll go silent for a few months (or a year) and then come back with some new bullshit excuse. Blame it on the warehouse again maybe.
very blatantly obvious the only thing he actually has are the tengoku carts... which he still likely lacks the money to properly kit and ship out. Even then, that would just be the game tengoku standard edition and none of the other games. Radirgy isn't happening, rail sim isn't happening, and I'd bet money those CEs definitely are never ever happening. I don't get why he doesn't just fess up and let ININ publish those games instead, since the two shooters would be right up their alley.
BIL

Bah Gawd He Broke In Haff

Post by BIL »

Five years in, a considered appraisal of the facts
When I heard Nmillion years ago that CRUISINMIX had the same weak, nerfed, BABYDICKED (■`w´■) loop as the ol' Saturn ver, I said "Psh! NO THANKS" But who would have thought this affair would possess such theatrical staying power? :o (who aside from those who follow these jokers' antics, I mean - godspeed them!) It has ascended (?) to the sublime farce of a good ol sports entertainment. Just when you think it's over - MYSTERIOUS SHIPMENTS ENSUE :shock:
tadaito wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:19 am It's propping up a scam, every time you let the FOMO hit you and you buy one of his "back in stock!" preorders, you are propping up this almost 5 year running scam.
In-deed Image

What will be the next... Big Dream Turnaround >¦3

Perhaps the games are being couriered by USAAF stealth bomber! >83
tadaito

Post by tadaito »

Five days on, more customers mentioning they haven't received any shipping updates, nor any emails about updating addresses.
Otherwise, no other news, that sure is a long processing time if they were apparently going out the door five days ago...
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

fwiw I've got nothing and not surprised. still wish week long constipation or a really bad paper cut or something on this guy, he's already a failure so a little discomfort would help.
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

Some motherfuck would have posted a screenshot of the shipment confirmation by now if he actually shipped them. Like I said, the places that ship shit will send some "we're awaiting your package" notification if a third party is moving it to them. USPS does that all the time. Even if something I bought hasn't shipped yet, if USPS has the tracking number in their system, I can put that bitch in there and USPS will tell me what's happening. If the item is still in the warehouse, or if someone is shipping it to them first, or if they're transferring it to a closer post office or whatever. That info will be recorded.

I've ordered a lot of shit online in my time on this planet. Most of the games, books and movies I own were purchased secondhand through various secondhand online vendors. Once shipment tracking became standardized for items (as in, something you always expect to get on any purchase,) then it pretty much worked the same across all platforms from them on. What I am saying is, there's no excuse for this behavior and no way to see it as anything other than a scam. The dude says he's shipping but he ain't. There would be a paper trail by now for those games if he shipped them.

At this point, I'm doubtful on him even having those Tengoku carts. They could be at a warehouse he can't access. Maybe he never paid for them, so the warehouse is just holding them. Or maybe they got moved to some storehouse facility where the warehouse puts unused/unpurchased product. If he had even a single cart in his possession, he'd be an absolute moron not to ship it to whichever of his customers has the most youtube subscribers. :lol:
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

Yeah it’s blatant the holdup is him not being able to afford kitting the tengoku carts, so i dunno why he acted like he had everything ready to go. Would be so much better if he just came out and was honest.

Another reminder that Brian Schorr is scum
snowekim

Post by snowekim »

Just found this thread, I contacted them last year and they cancelled my order on sep 2022 but never refunded me. After that they have been ignoring all my emails.

Unfortunately it was too late to create a claim with either PayPal or my credit card.

If you guys ever decide to sue this guy, I'm in.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

So two weeks later and I don't think a single shipment notification has gone out.
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

snowekim wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:42 pm Just found this thread, I contacted them last year and they cancelled my order on sep 2022 but never refunded me. After that they have been ignoring all my emails.

Unfortunately it was too late to create a claim with either PayPal or my credit card.

If you guys ever decide to sue this guy, I'm in.
I seriously dunno the viability to suing a random guy for not delivering as advertised (otherwise every undelivered kickstarter ever could be sued, and they aren't, otherwise a friend of mine would love to get what he paid for that Hatch Tales Switch game that he backed 5 years ago...) and considering I was the guy who nearly called my small claims lawyer on Limited Run over the Shiren PC situation, unfortunately it may just be a case of a super shitty situation that there's no winning, especially if the guy openly doesn't bother to reply to any communication in any way. Extremely pissed to hear a suspicion I had for a while though, on the orders that were canceled not getting the promised "manual refunds", even after his re-emergences :( I guess my hopeful advice of "oh yeah pester him the minute he pops back on socials and get a cancelation" doesn't even work anymore as he'll just neglect to refund you. What a fucking scumbag Brian is.
Johnpv wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:29 pm So two weeks later and I don't think a single shipment notification has gone out.
Yep and several of my close peers (one of which even emailed him the minute he showed photos of the carts offering to buy a cart only copy, even though that technically isn't allowed... Of course got no response) got nothing either. Yet again I see people hopeful he'll deliver updates soon.

But no, it's same as usual really. Brian Schorr is scum. Unless City Connection, RS34 or the rail sim folk make a statement i seriously doubt this situation will ever end. Reminds me of when I won a Tomba plush from Monkeypaw games only for them to ghost me and vanish off the face of the earth, and silently close down. I still don't have my plush... But at least there I didn't pay money. Only real hope is for someone like ININ to license rescue like they did with Jajamaru Collection (which Schorr also had and canceled)
DejahThoris

Post by DejahThoris »

SeafoamGaming wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:00 am
snowekim wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:42 pm If you guys ever decide to sue this guy, I'm in.
I seriously dunno the viability to suing a random guy for not delivering as advertised (otherwise every undelivered kickstarter ever could be sued, and they aren't,
There's a difference here and you're comparing apples and oranges in a way. Dispatch is a store providing a product with 0 claims of "This item may never come to fruition" like KS has. KS just provides an in-between for creators and backers and is in a lovely little loophole where they aren't responsible that way. And you never paid the creator directly, so it gets into real weird territory holding the creator accountable. Plus almost all of the language on KS is "at your own risk". This is just a straight old boring purchase with no frills.

I'm absolutely sure you could sue for your $50 or whatever in small claims and win no problem. You were sold an item, it was never attempted to be delivered, and there's a lot of evidence of missed dates and broken promises. Plus the guy can't even answer tweets or emails, he'd probably not show up to court anyway. Worth your time to do so? Depends on how much satisfaction you'd get out of it.

Whether there's enough for some sort of class action thing, who knows. But even if there were, finding someone to litigate it would be a rough road.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Assuming someone has an inkling of where he's physically located these days, I wonder what might happen if his story was passed on to a local news affiliate with a "community advocacy" segment, which could send a reporter to hound him with rapid-fire questions and shove a mic in his face. Doubt it'd actually change anything materially, but the footage would almost certainly be gold.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

You can take him to small claims, you don't need to gather a class action, don't need a lawyer at all, this is the entire purpose of small claims court (was everyone asleep in 5th grade when they explained the American court system?? What do you think is happening during episodes of People's Court/Judge Judy/et al?)

And just to address the evocation of Kickstarter.
Kickstarter's (and others) entire raison d'être is to act as a third-party investment mediator as protection to both buyer and seller, because--technically--there's a word taking money for a product that doesn't exist
Spoiler
that word is "theft"
Anyway, because of the success/popularity of these third-party investment mediators, a bunch of people got the idea "Hey, why do I gotta give Kickstarter a percentage? Why can't people just send manufacturing money directly to me?? Call it a... 'pre-order'. Yeah, that's it..."

This idea was fucking stupid for both buyer and seller (mostly for seller) because--technically--taking money for a product that doesn't exist... yeah...
Yet, most people that get ripped off don't even attempt any recourse because they feel it's too much trouble (much easier to send out twenty tweets crying about the act, than filling out a single sided legal doc), it's "only $60" (which if the pressing was to be 1000 = $60,000. In this case three pressings = $180,000), or believe they have no recourse (see above comment about 5th grade). Still, I attest it's at least potentially fucking stupid for the seller too, as they very easily could get thrown in jail (when one gets dragged into small claims enough times for the same thing, they tend to get dragged into criminal court under fraud charges).