The Epic Saga of The Game Paradise + Radirgy Swag Preorders: YEAR 5!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Steven

Re: Bah Gawd He Broke In Haff

Post by Steven »

BIL wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:31 pmPerhaps the games are being couriered by USAAF stealth bomber! >83
Is that the sequel to USAAF Mustang? If not, it should be.
Spoiler
Stealth tech didn't exist until after the USAAF was abolished and replaced with the separate US Air Force, but whatever.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Steven wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:15 am
BIL wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:31 pmPerhaps the games are being couriered by USAAF stealth bomber! >83
Spoiler
Stealth tech didn't exist until after the USAAF was abolished and replaced with the separate US Air Force, but whatever.
Good catch! ;3 This is an older model that runs on the elusive mineral scammeranium; it's infamously hard to track on radar, being constructed entirely of the similarly mysterious vaporite! Probably why nobody has seen shipment notices!

Some say it doesn't exist, but I bet they think NORAD fake the Santa tracker too. 3:

I would be three fitty the sequel to P47 Thunderbolt and USAAF Mustang, P47 Aces, will make it to home consoles before these copies of Game Tengoku ever do. 3;> Not that a home release of Aces seems all that imminent, currently; but it's certainly a more credible prospect!
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

I love that the main page now lists this topic as "Bah Gawd He Broke In Haff."
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Steven

Post by Steven »

BIL wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:28 am
Steven wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:15 am
Spoiler
Good catch! ;3 This is an older model that runs on the elusive mineral scammeranium; it's infamously hard to track on radar, being constructed entirely of the similarly mysterious vaporite! Probably why nobody has seen shipment notices!

Some say it doesn't exist, but I bet they think NORAD fake the Santa tracker too. 3:
That must be what Atari is using to build their hotels!
BIL wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:28 amI would be three fitty the sequel to P47 Thunderbolt and USAAF Mustang, P47 Aces, will make it to home consoles before these copies of Game Tengoku ever do. 3;> Not that a home release of Aces seems all that imminent, currently; but it's certainly a more credible prospect!
In all seriousness, I'd love to get a home version of P47 Aces Kai. It's really cool. I finally found it at Mikado the other day. Still haven't seen the new Batsugun yet, though.
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

Steven wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:17 amIn all seriousness, I'd love to get a home version of P47 Aces Kai. It's really cool. I finally found it at Mikado the other day. Still haven't seen the new Batsugun yet, though.
Yeah P47 Aces Kai is a good time. One of my most recent pleasant surprise discoveries.

I'd love to see it at home too, but the whole "exA-clusive" thing with all of those exA Arcadia games is a real bummer. Sad to see some of these variants like Aka to Blue, SDOJ Exa label, Batsugun, and the like being restricted to arcades. I'd also love to see some of the fighting games get ports - the new Axel City 2 looks kinda neat, I'd love Daemon Bride on Steam or console, Dynamite Bomb, etc.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

Sima Tuna

Re: The Epic Saga of The Game Paradise + Radirgy Swag Preorders: YEAR 5!

Post by Sima Tuna »

"Confirmations may be backed up."

He can't really think people are this stupid, can he? As soon as a single order gets into pre-processing, that customer is probably going to receive a shipment confirmation email (automated) from USPS or whoever the shipper is, stating that they are awaiting the item.

It doesn't matter how backed up the orders are, because somebody is going to be first on the list. And that motherfucker is going to get the email confirmation that their item is being transferred. When that happens, how long do you think it will take before one of those early birds in the queue posts up to social media that they got the confirmation? So you'd have a public record inside a day or two, at most, if ANY of the orders were being shipped out. Somebody, somewhere would have posted that shipment confirmation.

Nothing has shipped and nothing will be shipped.

It takes some brass balls, btw, to claim that a robot message will be backed up. Backed up by what? Lazy robots? Organizations like USPS, unlike this scammer, actually transact business in a prompt and efficient manner.
tadaito

Post by tadaito »

Sima Tuna wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:53 am "Confirmations may be backed up."

He can't really think people are this stupid, can he? As soon as a single order gets into pre-processing, that customer is probably going to receive a shipment confirmation email (automated) from USPS or whoever the shipper is, stating that they are awaiting the item.

It doesn't matter how backed up the orders are, because somebody is going to be first on the list. And that motherfucker is going to get the email confirmation that their item is being transferred. When that happens, how long do you think it will take before one of those early birds in the queue posts up to social media that they got the confirmation? So you'd have a public record inside a day or two, at most, if ANY of the orders were being shipped out. Somebody, somewhere would have posted that shipment confirmation.

It takes some brass balls, btw, to claim that a robot message will be backed up. Backed up by what? Lazy robots? Organizations like USPS, unlike this scammer, actually transact business in a prompt and efficient manner.
I checked around again, and yeah, no reports across any social media about receiving a shipment update.
Surely, surely someone must have gotten a confirmation so far, if this was true.

I do think it's technically possible for shipment confirmation to be backed up... if he was doing them manually.
Which you could technically do, but I don't see why they wouldn't just rely on the automated systems that shipping services provide.

It would be quite hilarious if someone just had a copy show up at their door with no confirmation, far in the future.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Guys! OMG! Guys! I just got a shipment update! Holy shit!

My Amazon order of two boxes of cereal, a USB hub and some toothpaste just went out the door.

Just thought you might want to know.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

tadaito wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:17 am

I checked around again, and yeah, no reports across any social media about receiving a shipment update.
Surely, surely someone must have gotten a confirmation so far, if this was true.

I do think it's technically possible for shipment confirmation to be backed up... if he was doing them manually.
Which you could technically do, but I don't see why they wouldn't just rely on the automated systems that shipping services provide.

It would be quite hilarious if someone just had a copy show up at their door with no confirmation, far in the future.
My order for Radirgy Swag Limited Edition was placed on July.11.2019
No emails or contact from Dispatch about this order since Jan.21.2022 when download codes were sent out.

My Ninja Jajamaru Collection (PlayStation 4) - Japanese Utage Set Limited Edition order was placed on Oct.14.2019 - as this item disappeared off of the Dispatch store and website at one point I started emailing inquiries to Dispatch which were never answered - so I did have my CC company force a refund on that one.

Stupidly I wanted to believe the lies that Radirgy Swag was "shipping soon", for 4 years.
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

Koa Zo wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:24 pm
tadaito wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:17 am

My order for Radirgy Swag Limited Edition was placed on July.11.2019
No emails or contact from Dispatch about this order since Jan.21.2022 when download codes were sent out.

My Ninja Jajamaru Collection (PlayStation 4) - Japanese Utage Set Limited Edition order was placed on Oct.14.2019 - as this item disappeared off of the Dispatch store and website at one point I started emailing inquiries to Dispatch which were never answered - so I did have my CC company force a refund on that one.

Stupidly I wanted to believe the lies that Radirgy Swag was "shipping soon", for 4 years.
hold up hold up hold up

you are I believe the first person I've seen to have ordered the PS4 Jajamaru or Soldam, which were holes in my reporting I couldn't quite verify since Brian made (now erased) tweets when both were canceled that all customers of those were automatically refunded. I ordered the Switch one which i had to bug him for a coin to ship and that's what kicked off my whole journey with this mess

...So we have another instance of brian lying through his teeth about refunds, Joy. Glad you got the CC company to refund you because yikes, kinda reaffirms my thoughts on how Dispatch canned those games because almost nobody was buying them...

Also yeah Brian is lying about the shipment confirmations once again: 0% chance Rail sim is shipping since that would mean he would have bought the carts, got them, kitted them, and then prepped to ship them out all in a year without informing a single soul or sharing a single pic. If someone gets any of these I'll be stunned with my jaw dropped.

And even then it wouldn't excuse his ghosting behavior or why he ignores emails.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

Forget about shipping notifications, something that started shipping 2-3 weeks ago should have started arriving 1-2 weeks ago regardless of notifications
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

spmbx wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:45 pm Forget about shipping notifications, something that started shipping 2-3 weeks ago should have started arriving 1-2 weeks ago regardless of notifications
For somebody, at least. Doesn't matter how long the line is when somebody has to be at the top. Someone would have shared a picture of their delivered item by now.

He can blame slow shipping, but that's when the whole pre-shipment robo-messages come back into the picture. USPS doesn't just randomly send you some shit anymore.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

The fact there's people in the quote tweets saying they never even got download codes for their preorders is really saying something. I can't get over how disorganized that was, and that's the one example of them actually half-delivering on something.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Ms. Tea wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:03 pm The fact there's people in the quote tweets saying they never even got download codes for their preorders is really saying something. I can't get over how disorganized that was, and that's the one example of them actually half-delivering on something.
As I've noted before, Dispatch's inability and/or unwillingness to follow through even on measures like this goes all the way back to Psyvariar Delta. Anyone who still expects
literally anything positive to come out of this is simply delusional.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

BulletMagnet wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:13 amAnyone who still expects literally anything positive to come out of this is simply delusional.
We'll always have the memes.

m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Sengoku Strider wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:19 pm
BulletMagnet wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:13 amAnyone who still expects literally anything positive to come out of this is simply delusional.
We'll always have the memes.

Still upset he disabled comments on his twitter, as that's something that would have allowed the healing to begin
tadaito

Post by tadaito »

Weeks have passed now, and to no ones surprise, zero evidence has appeared on any popular social media that a single thing was shipped out.
Now in the past he's certainly lied about dates, and when things were happening...
But to outright say "yes bro, tracking will be going to your emails" is so boldfaced its almost impressive.

To anyone who was silly enough to purchase this in recent times, please, chargeback, don't let this guy keep your money, and vendors suffer a fee when someone charges back.

To anyone else, the only remaining option may be small claims court processes, cost and procedure varies by state in the US for these things, and international customers may be screwed, but he will only listen to legal trouble.

There are services that can (for free) help you draft legal requests that can be sent to his personal email, which is publicly available here, you can also send the legal request to the supplied address if you prefer letters, but it looks like the property registered for this domain was sold in 2021, so maybe not!.
There is also his address connected to the TN business to serve letters, of course, funnily, he moved to that state around early 2020, curious.

If you pursue this route, good luck out there!
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

Seems like a pretty clear-cut Fraud case, since he's promised to ship orders and hasn't.

https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/what- ... d-products
The federal Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule applies to most things you order by mail, online, or by phone. It says:

Sellers have to ship your order within the time they (or their ads) say. That goes whether they say “2-Day Shipping” or “In Stock & Ships Today.” If they don’t give a time, they must ship within 30 days of when you placed your order.
If there’s a delay shipping your order, the seller has to tell you and give you the choice of either agreeing to the delay or canceling your order for a full refund.
If the seller doesn’t ship your order, it has to give you a full refund — not just a gift card or store credit.
Let's go down the list:

1) Sellers have to ship your order within the time they, or their adverts, say. Did Dispatch Guy do this? No.
2) Sellers must tell you if your order is delayed and give you the option of a full refund. Did Dispatch Guy do this? He claimed he would at first, but customers later reported no refund was issued.
3) If there are further delays, the seller must again offer you a full refund. If you don't respond, they must take your silence as a request for a full refund and issue one. Did Dispatch Guy do this? No.
4) The seller's refund must clear within 7 days of canceling your order. Did Dispatch Guy do this? No.

Follow the link below to report Dispatch Games as a fraud, if you want:

https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/

It doesn't cost you anything to tell your bad experience with the company, and who knows? If you put enough pressure on him with legal letters, court threats and ftc reports, maybe he'll finally issue some refunds.
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

Sima Tuna wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:01 am Seems like a pretty clear-cut Fraud case, since he's promised to ship orders and hasn't.

https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/what- ... d-products
The federal Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule applies to most things you order by mail, online, or by phone. It says:

Sellers have to ship your order within the time they (or their ads) say. That goes whether they say “2-Day Shipping” or “In Stock & Ships Today.” If they don’t give a time, they must ship within 30 days of when you placed your order.
If there’s a delay shipping your order, the seller has to tell you and give you the choice of either agreeing to the delay or canceling your order for a full refund.
If the seller doesn’t ship your order, it has to give you a full refund — not just a gift card or store credit.
Let's go down the list:

1) Sellers have to ship your order within the time they, or their adverts, say. Did Dispatch Guy do this? No.
2) Sellers must tell you if your order is delayed and give you the option of a full refund. Did Dispatch Guy do this? He claimed he would at first, but customers later reported no refund was issued.
3) If there are further delays, the seller must again offer you a full refund. If you don't respond, they must take your silence as a request for a full refund and issue one. Did Dispatch Guy do this? No.
4) The seller's refund must clear within 7 days of canceling your order. Did Dispatch Guy do this? No.

Follow the link below to report Dispatch Games as a fraud, if you want:

https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/

It doesn't cost you anything to tell your bad experience with the company, and who knows? If you put enough pressure on him with legal letters, court threats and ftc reports, maybe he'll finally issue some refunds.
Yeah this is pretty much the only thing i can think of to get any chance of people’s money back. Of course, all 3 standards are up on dispatch’s site again, desperately trying to bring in new suckers to this scam. I still see people with optimism of getting their games in their facebook comments and it blows my god damn mind. Pure stupidity.

Their business license is still expired too, so that’s funny. Folks on twitter insisted he just forgot and would renew swiftly and I was being a bit too harsh for calling him a thief then and there and closing the book on this.
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

I peeked at some friends of mine who were waiting for their games: mostly the Tengoku variety.

Surprise surprise, nobody has gotten anything. Not even those tengoku standards we saw carts of.

Rail sim people didnt get their shit either and that one Leslie lady is still asking brian weekly to reply to her email on facebook.

Brian Schorr is scum. To zero surprise to me. Dunno why he came back from the ether to make a fake update instead of remaining quiet, and I’m the most bewildered with why he won’t come clean on these games clearly never happening already. I also wasn’t able to get the city connection CEO to comment on this last year when i tweeted at him, which is the most odd. You’d think they’d be sick of him by now… even though Brian did work on the Gimmick port
darklavos

Post by darklavos »

Yeah same, I ordered the game paradise and radirgy in late July when he announced that they would be shipping august 14. Figured it's soon enough that I don't have much to lose since I can easily do a chargeback soon after if he doesn't deliver.

I gave him about a month, then sent him a message asking for the games or a refund or else I would issue a chargeback.

Never got a response of course so I promptly charged his ass back.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I still suspect there was an order of carts created (at least for GP) but they're sitting naked in a warehouse crate. That pic could have been a photoshop, but my guess is he was able to see/open some of the stock, and took a few pics to drum up more phoney support/sales.

Someday, some lucky bastard is going to get these at an auction and open up the most rare set of Switch games ever made. If they're real, these are the Stadium Events of this generation.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Yeah, I do think those carts are real. I don't think anything else exists - no carts of the other two games, no packaging. If those existed, he'd have posted photos of that too. I'm convinced the reason this is all in limbo is because he hasn't had money to print up packaging or assemble them, or to manufacture carts for the other two games. Nintendo won't let you distribute a game without the full packaging, so the carts are just sitting in the warehouse waiting for the day that won't come. If we ever get a warehouse forfeit auction, then you're right - that'll definitely be the rarest Switch game.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

Initiated chargeback too here. I know people here reacted negatively to the "but i'll just order and chargeback" attitude, but somewhere i hope or believe a lot of chargebacks on an account will have more impact than not ordering.
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

At least chargebacks let him know there's a time limit on this scam and he can't do it forever. Eventually, the information will disseminate to the rest of the internet and a large enough number of his audience will request chargebacks for him to feel the pinch. I also encourage people to send legal letters if they've been promised refunds that never came. Sellers in the english-speaking world have certain legal obligations which he is not adhering to.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Someday, some lucky bastard is going to get these at an auction and open up the most rare set of Switch games ever made.

And that lucky bastard's name will be Brian Schorr
miwa

Post by miwa »

m.sniffles.esq wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:52 am Someday, some lucky bastard is going to get these at an auction and open up the most rare set of Switch games ever made.

And that lucky bastard's name will be Brian Schorr
:lol: :lol: :lol:
waiwainl

Post by waiwainl »

Awesome write up of the story :mrgreen:

Though, not as early of 2019, but 2020, I found my email of the pre-order :roll:

I did receive the download code for Game Paradise (27 aug 2021), which was working, still have the game on my Switch.

So this is my most expensive digital game *ever* :shock:

I still have hope 🙏 - though not expecting anything anymore 😞

Please keep up with updating post #1 :wink:
Visit: https://shmu.ps
Experience the National Video Game Museum in the Netherlands
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

So you spent $180 for a digital game.

I wouldn't hold out any hope at all you'll receive anything beyond what you have. The digital code was all Brian had to give. He doesn't have any access to the physical games and he never will have. You'd be better off finding out what warehouse it is and pestering them. :lol:
Spoiler
Or just file a chargeback for everything you bought but never received.