The Epic Saga of The Game Paradise + Radirgy Swag Preorders: YEAR 5!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
m.sniffles.esq

Re: The Epic Saga of The Game Paradise: CruisinMix Preorders

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Sima Tuna wrote: How are you going to ship a product you've lost the rights to?!?

Well, they "sold" the product they day they took the money. Shipping would just be honoring the agreement made then.
Nnnn

Post by Nnnn »

Funny that they make this last announcement shortly after Play Asia canceled everyone's orders. I wonder if there's any relation there.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

I just ordered the game paradise one on their site, let's see where this ends :D I've got the 6 month creditcard complaint period marked on the calendar so i'm not too worried, worked great for getting my Watermelon money back too.
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

Wait, they're still selling the game?!? How the fuck does that work?
Steven

Post by Steven »

I keep forgetting that I have this game on PC, and then every time I see this topic resurrected I remember that I have it but didn't really care for it that much. Maybe I'll give it another chance. I may or may not have bought it specifically and only because it has the Tatsujin ship in it.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Sima Tuna wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:54 am Wait, they're still selling the game?!? How the fuck does that work?
No doubt he's sitting on unsold copies due to cancellations over the years. I'm sure it's mostly only us suckers who genuinely care about the game who are still sticking it out.
Steven wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:13 am I keep forgetting that I have this game on PC, and then every time I see this topic resurrected I remember that I have it but didn't really care for it that much. Maybe I'll give it another chance. I may or may not have bought it specifically and only because it has the Tatsujin ship in it.
Check out the caravan mode, if the main game seems like too much of a commitment. I find it pretty fun.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

I'm kind of wondering if I should order Radirgy myself, since it got pulled off the e-shop and all...
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

You won't receive it so why bother?
DejahThoris

Post by DejahThoris »

Sengoku Strider wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:04 pm
Sima Tuna wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:54 am Wait, they're still selling the game?!? How the fuck does that work?
No doubt he's sitting on unsold copies due to cancellations over the years. I'm sure it's mostly only us suckers who genuinely care about the game who are still sticking it out.
Steven wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:13 am I keep forgetting that I have this game on PC, and then every time I see this topic resurrected I remember that I have it but didn't really care for it that much. Maybe I'll give it another chance. I may or may not have bought it specifically and only because it has the Tatsujin ship in it.
Check out the caravan mode, if the main game seems like too much of a commitment. I find it pretty fun.
I doubt there are that many
cj iwakura wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:58 pm I'm kind of wondering if I should order Radirgy myself, since it got pulled off the e-shop and all...
. There are a ton of people who asked to cancel and haven't been able to get their money back. Seems like only a small portion of cancellation requests were actually refunded.

Well, you wouldn't actually get the game, so you'd be throwing money away. You'd also be spitting in the face of all the folks who they still owe games/money to. But hey, you'll get yours, right?
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

DejahThoris wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:23 pm
Sengoku Strider wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:04 pm
I doubt there are that many
cj iwakura wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:58 pm I'm kind of wondering if I should order Radirgy myself, since it got pulled off the e-shop and all...
. There are a ton of people who asked to cancel and haven't been able to get their money back. Seems like only a small portion of cancellation requests were actually refunded.

Well, you wouldn't actually get the game, so you'd be throwing money away. You'd also be spitting in the face of all the folks who they still owe games/money to. But hey, you'll get yours, right?
Fair enough. Also, the game supposedly isn't even that good, so there's that...
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

I feel like it's poking the bear if I talk about Radirgy Swag's quality on this forum...

It may be a perfectly amazing game. I can't say. But I do have the game (digitally) and it didn't resonate with me. The (lack of) structure wasn't appealing. Regardless, Swag has fans and I'm not saying it's a bad game or anything. I didn't personally like it. For what it is, I don't think it would be worth buying even if this dude selling the physicals wasn't a massive scammer who will never ship even one single copy of the game he collected money for. :lol:
tadaito

Post by tadaito »

Radirgy Swag should apparently be shipping out tomorrow!

I'm sure it will be sent without problem, and will make it to customers with no more delays :wink:

Another funny detail, Radirgy Swag is back in stock on the Dispatch Games store!
I'm guessing that had to issue so many refunds that they could restock.
I might pick up a copy, for science.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

tadaito wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:45 am

Everyone I know that attempted to cancel never heard anything back (nor received any refund)

Perhaps they were canceled in spirit?
tadaito

Post by tadaito »

m.sniffles.esq wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:24 pm
tadaito wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:45 am

Everyone I know that attempted to cancel never heard anything back (nor received any refund)

Might be a smart new business venture, refund customers on the backend, move their stock back to the store, investors hate this one simple trick!
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

tadaito wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:45 am Radirgy Swag should apparently be shipping out tomorrow!

I'm sure it will be sent without problem, and will make it to customers with no more delays :wink:

Another funny detail, Radirgy Swag is back in stock on the Dispatch Games store!
I might pick up a copy, for science.
I was alerted to this forum and gave this thread recommendations in passing due to people asking me for ETAs or updates of disptach stuff, but this comment made me join the place outright lol

But yeah from what i gather, whenever Brian has his periods of new activity, he ends up cancelling orders from people who bug him to do so immediately before going ghost until the next time he re-emerges, and during that intermission period nobody can reach him whatsoever. The canceled copies do pop back up on the site and he has tried to work on people’s FOMO to get stuff sold, but with the nature of limprint in general winding down I am very doubtful anyone will buy his bullshit this time.

It’s a pattern i’ve seen time and time again and I’m very thankful OP of this thread made a more stable timeline than I did in my articles, ahah. Super curious to see if at least tengoku squeaks out before he inevitably closes up for good, (though his registration is still expired a year later, so he probably already did…) but yeah those CEs are 100% never happening and if those ever get relisted, please don’t buy them.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

I just want the damn game I paid for.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

add me to the list of people who contacted him about refunding game paradise and radirgy and heard nothing back
tadaito

Post by tadaito »

DoomsDave wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:29 am add me to the list of people who contacted him about refunding game paradise and radirgy and heard nothing back
Funnily, he seems to actually reply on Facebook when people ask things about orders.
Could try that route?

In other news, it's almost the 14th of August in Dispatch Games beautiful home state of Tennessee.
Meaning, if their word is accurate, all Radirgy Swag and Game Paradise copies should be shipping out in the next 24 hours.

What do we think? Will customers finally get their copies after many long years of waiting, receiving what now may be some of the rarest Switch games? or will there be more delays?
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

Johnpv wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:41 am I just want the damn game I paid for.
I wonder if you could get his ass to refund if you sent a legal letter. Either from a lawyer or just one of these legal websites that have form letters you can copy. At this point, I think threat of legal action is the only way you could get him to stop his pattern of making promises and then going silent (because he knows he can't actually fulfill the orders, and is stalling for time to spend your money.)
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

Sima Tuna wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:06 am
Johnpv wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:41 am I just want the damn game I paid for.
I wonder if you could get his ass to refund if you sent a legal letter. Either from a lawyer or just one of these legal websites that have form letters you can copy. At this point, I think threat of legal action is the only way you could get him to stop his pattern of making promises and then going silent (because he knows he can't actually fulfill the orders, and is stalling for time to spend your money.)
that may be the only sort of way to get any sort of legal action done, tbh. Though if the company doesn't have a valid business license anymore I don't know if anyone would legally be able to make him refund anything at that point
tadaito wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:27 am
DoomsDave wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:29 am add me to the list of people who contacted him about refunding game paradise and radirgy and heard nothing back
Funnily, he seems to actually reply on Facebook when people ask things about orders.
Could try that route?

In other news, it's almost the 14th of August in Dispatch Games beautiful home state of Tennessee.
Meaning, if their word is accurate, all Radirgy Swag and Game Paradise copies should be shipping out in the next 24 hours.

What do we think? Will customers finally get their copies after many long years of waiting, receiving what now may be some of the rarest Switch games? or will there be more delays?
Facebook is the same as all the socials, he's just giving people the same generic "email support for help" reply and it's very doubtful he'll actually do anything (since shocker, he is the support staff as he's the only guy at the company)

Oddly enough though i noticed while reviewing Gimmick Special Edition that him and the cofounder of dispatch are both listed as producers in the credits, so... I guess he's somehow on good terms with city connection still? blows my mind as to how that would be possible...
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

So... will it go back up on the eshop too, once the smoke clears?
tadaito

Post by tadaito »

cj iwakura wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:04 am So... will it go back up on the eshop too, once the smoke clears?
They lost the license, I doubt RS34 would be rushing at the chance to renew it.
Seems legally they can ship things they already sold, though.
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

cj iwakura wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:04 am So... will it go back up on the eshop too, once the smoke clears?
Only if somebody else picks up radirgy for distribution.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Sima Tuna wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:52 am Only if somebody else picks up radirgy for distribution.
As-is? I really doubt it. The 'localization' is laughably terrible. It seems done with Google translate, with anything not making sense when spit out the other end just deleted outright (which is like 80% of the text in the game)

As I stated earlier, if you look at the fan translation of Karous (distributed for free) then look at the 'pro' job done on Radirgy (at a $60 price tag) the differences are... noticeable.
Sengoku Strider

I needed a break from this a few depressing events ago, but I've gone and gotten the OP (and thread title) up to speed. I hope this gets resolved one way or another soon though, I'm not sure how many allowable characters I have left in the OP.
SeafoamGaming wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:48 pm It’s a pattern i’ve seen time and time again and I’m very thankful OP of this thread made a more stable timeline than I did in my articles
Well, you deserve plenty of the credit here, you did the detective work on the business license, and I'm sure I got other details about all this after someone posted your articles here.
m.sniffles.esq wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:24 pmEveryone I know that attempted to cancel never heard anything back (nor received any refund)

OMG...what if this is all a meta game for him, and spirit cancelling is the main scoring mechanic? At this point, it's the thing that makes the most sense.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Sengoku Strider wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:45 pmI hope this gets resolved one way or another soon though, I'm not sure how many allowable characters I have left in the OP.
I checked, you still have about 30k characters left before hitting the limit. We will make sure this legendary tale can be told in its entirety, one way or another.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Sengoku Strider

Ghegs wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:53 pm I checked, you still have about 30k characters left before hitting the limit. We will make sure this legendary tale can be told in its entirety, one way or another.
Oh, cool. Wasn't the previous forum software limit 11k characters or something?

EDIT: Also, looking at DoomsDave's post with his July 2019 order confirmation back on the first page, I realized we're now into year 5 for Swag pre-orderers. Thread title re-updated.
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

Sengoku Strider wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:45 pm I needed a break from this a few depressing events ago, but I've gone and gotten the OP (and thread title) up to speed. I hope this gets resolved one way or another soon though, I'm not sure how many allowable characters I have left in the OP.
SeafoamGaming wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:48 pm It’s a pattern i’ve seen time and time again and I’m very thankful OP of this thread made a more stable timeline than I did in my articles
Well, you deserve plenty of the credit here, you did the detective work on the business license, and I'm sure I got other details about all this after someone posted your articles here.
m.sniffles.esq wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:24 pmEveryone I know that attempted to cancel never heard anything back (nor received any refund)

OMG...what if this is all a meta game for him, and spirit cancelling is the main scoring mechanic? At this point, it's the thing that makes the most sense.
Yeah, my articles on dispatch mostly stemmed from both a friend of mine worrying it would be a penguin wars delay repeat, and my own sudden drop in communication with Brian for PR purposes (since I had reviewed their prior games and was interested in reviewing the Dispatch Minis lineup, which just so happens to no longer exist) and me finding that really bizarre. That and I was hoping soldam ps4 would manage to successfully make it out, which it didn’t…

Before i dropped twitter off a cliff I was still getting the occasional ping and bug from people thinking I had the magic power to make em come out of hiding via my writings, but to be blunt I feel Brian only came out when he did because bigger sites like NL would turn up the heat. I got a bit irked when the last article NL made about Swag’s delisting and recent twitter posts completely failed to credit me in the slightest despite their linked source, Delisted Games, doing a good job with that. Eventually i just feel it was too much stress and work for games and a guy who clearly ain’t delivering anything, hence my last dispatch piece concluding in a PSA that Brian Schorr is a scummy scammer and me refusing to write about these guys again unless like, I get some sort of megaton news tip (very unlikely now)
tadaito

Re: The Epic Saga of The Game Paradise + Radirgy Swag Preorders: YEAR 5!

Post by tadaito »

Hello everyone, it's shipping day for Game Paradise and Radirgy Swag, and business hours have just closed... let's see how it's going!

Huh, well, the page still claims it will be shipped out today.

Let's check their twitter, see what people think, maybe someone got a shipping notification?

Oh dear... a customer didnt receive any shipping notice, nor any responses to emails.
Checking some other posts, at least two other people claim it wasn't shipping.
And upon asking a friend who ordered all those years ago... yep, they didnt ship anything to him today, either!

Oh dear, I wonder what happened? Giving a pretty specific date made me assume a logistics or fulfillment team were coming together on that day to ship orders.
I will be monitoring the situation, and posting updates here as it develops.
Sima Tuna

Re: The Epic Saga of The Game Paradise + Radirgy Swag Preorders: YEAR 5!

Post by Sima Tuna »

Seems legally liable to me. You give a ship date and then don't ship anything.

Also pretty hilarious to see that "we take your money as soon as you order" sentence. They need to take the money right away but they send the game never. Makes fucking sense, dood.