G-Darius HD Worth It?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Sly Cherry Chunks

Re: G-Darius HD Worth It?

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

Not sure when the western patch for V2 dropped but I downloaded it this morning.

"Consumer Version" restores the CGI intro not present anywhere else. The collection is complete.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
jehu

Post by jehu »

Can also confirm that the G-Darius update dropped for SLG Darius Cozmic Revelation. Bit of a wait, but I'm glad they finally delivered...
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

Got this on sale on the eShop, well worth it except I need to remember how to properly counter beam Eclipse Eye...did not expect him to die so fast to my normal shots
<Aquas> EDMOND DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL TO SMOKE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF OPIUM
<Zeether> shoe failed college again <croikle> credit feed
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Anyone ever been able to play this on an HD CRT?
They didn't do too much to the graphics, but I'd imagine it would look great on a CRT.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Zeether wrote:Got this on sale on the eShop, well worth it except I need to remember how to properly counter beam Eclipse Eye...did not expect him to die so fast to my normal shots
Yeah, you want to stop shooting EE whenever you aren't trying to take off a piece of it or clear away the destructible bullets, basically. Thankfully, this port has a gadget showing the bosses' health bars, so you'll always know when to chill on the rapid fire. :)

(It's a huge game-changer, actually - you can even consistently finish off Dual Horn with a counter while it's darting around the screen, because you can get its health down to a sliver and then wait for your moment.)
Lapp

Post by Lapp »

Hello!
In the physical version of G-Darius, there are instructions at least ? i don't want to purchase an empty box with only a disc inside.