Pico Fighting Board

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
bobrocks95

Re: Pico Fighting Board

Post by bobrocks95 »

buttersoft wrote:Well, i haven't gotten around to really looking at the code yet, but...

Has anyone else tried the GP2040 encoder? I installed one on my Tekken 7 setup, and it feels kinda... weird, is the best way to describe it. The GP2040 pico is either noticeably slower than my Daemonbite 1ms pro micro encoder, or it's so much faster my habits are off, and i have time to draw breath between inputs where i never did before. To be honest it feels like the latter, but it would be nice to hear other opinions or take a look at any lag tests vs other encoders.

EDIT: i should probably rephrase and say that while i've seen the initial lag results published about the GP2040, something about it feels different. Maybe to do with debouncing, or... i'm really not sure. Again, it doesn't seem bad, it's just different.
You using it with a Korean style stick? Wonder if that could be a factor? Like you'd want to hear thoughts from another Korean stick user?
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
buttersoft

Post by buttersoft »

bobrocks95 wrote: You using it with a Korean style stick? Wonder if that could be a factor? Like you'd want to hear thoughts from another Korean stick user?
I'm using Sanwa bat-tops because i grew up with MCA's but actually wanted a precision stick, lol. However, they are pretty heavily customised, heavier spring, harder micros, oversized actuator. But this is a standing cab, so a stock JLF would be too soft IMO. I'm thinking about trying one of those Korean-JLF Otto v2 mods - expensive though.

Errr... does that answer the question? I think i'm just looking for feedback from anyone using the GP2040. I'm coming to really like it, myself.
NoAffinity wrote:For me, its perceptibly a slight bit faster than other encoders. I am used to adjusting depending on which of my 7 sticks I fancy playing on for a particular game pairing and/or factors like online lag. Tje pick requires adjusting in the "right" direction - shortening the gap between perception and input.
Yer, it might be that i'm not buffering as much, at least mentally.
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

I'm just spitballing, no clue! Supposedly your other encoder is 1ms too so I don't know why this one would feel so different.

Can vouch for the v5 Otto on a sanwa JLF, at least as far as its build quality and such. It's a nice piece of kit.
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

GP2040-CE now technically supports PS4. I used it to make a Saturn controller yesterday and it works great :)

Requires either dumping keys from a DS4 controller or connecting an officially licensed controller as an authentication passthrough-device, otherwise the controller will time out after approx 8min. With the latter method and a compatible PS5-controller it is also possible to use the GP2040 as an arcade stick in supported PS5-titles.

More info here:
https://gp2040-ce.info