SHINORUBI - new bullethell game

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
SuperPang

Re: SHINORUBI - new bullethell game

Post by SuperPang »

soupbones wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:49 pm
Any updates on the PS5 version getting arcade stick support? I see the Steam version has gotten a couple of patches already.
What stick are you using? Works with the Hori Fighting stick.
soupbones

Post by soupbones »

SuperPang wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:03 pm
soupbones wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:49 pm
Any updates on the PS5 version getting arcade stick support? I see the Steam version has gotten a couple of patches already.
What stick are you using? Works with the Hori Fighting stick.
Tried my Hori Fighting Edge (PS4) and my arcade cabinet that has a brooks adapter and neither work. Both sticks work with every other game I own. My brother has the same issue and he’s using a Victrix i think.

I haven’t tested them again since the game launched though - because i didn’t see a patch come in.

Is your Hori a PS5 version? I’m guessing it may be PS4 sticks that have the issue.
SuperPang

Post by SuperPang »

soupbones wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:05 pm Is your Hori a PS5 version? I’m guessing it may be PS4 sticks that have the issue.
Yep. My PS4 HRAP Kai doesn't work with any PS5 games!
soupbones

Post by soupbones »

SuperPang wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:03 pm
soupbones wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:05 pm Is your Hori a PS5 version? I’m guessing it may be PS4 sticks that have the issue.
Yep. My PS4 HRAP Kai doesn't work with any PS5 games!
I know Hori had a firmware update for the fighting edge a while back before the PS5 launch, and since then my stick works for everything (except Shinorubi lol).

So strange.
sharak

Post by sharak »

Yep, PS4 controllers only work on PS5 when playing PS4 games.

Brook sell an extra PCB.
Darkseed_5150

Post by Darkseed_5150 »

So no TATE for PS5 ever?
ThundergunExpress

Post by ThundergunExpress »

No, it's exclusive to the EXA Arcadia version. I regret buying it because I forgot about the announcement when they said tate was EXA only. Game feels way too cramped and I can't see anything ahead so I don't even know how to start creating a route. I also don't care to because I just don't find it fun personally. Which is a shame because there are a lot of things I like about the game.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

The Brook PCB is only for PS5 games that already support PS4 sticks. Mostly fighting games, but Raiden III and Mr. Driller Drill Land also support PS4 sticks (but not the DS4). GP2040-CE can do the same thing with board that supports passthrough and a dongle like the brook FGC, Mayflash Magic Boots PS4 1.1, Magic_S Pro 1, or Magic S Ultimate (not Pro 2).
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

Just an FYI that Red Art is beginning to ship the physical versions of Shinorubi. Got my shipping confirmation for the Switch "Deluxe Edition" today.

FWIW, Deluxe Edition was the same price as the standard edition and has a special box jacket and a poster, was available for early pre-orders (limited to 300 copies their site says). It shows "Available" but sold out on their site, and the Standard Edition is still showing pre-order with Q2 expected release date. The more expensive "Pink Edition" with soundtrack and steelbook case is also still showing pre-order, Q2.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

Shinorubi is on sales (50%).
I like the art style...and i have nothing against the 16:9 format but...
Spoiler

Why is so zoomed? :(

Also Under Defeat HD is 16:9 but it doesn't feel as cramped as Shinorubi...same for Vasara HD Collection.

PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

The Steam/Steam Deck version of Shinorubi is at version 1.10 with the latest patches at 5.1mb & 669.9kb d/l's respectively.

----------
Still remains stuck on the "black screen" issue if a single gameplay demo plays through on a Steam Deck setup though.
----------

What's cool about the latest Steam patches is that your last best playthough of Shinorubi is used as the "default demo playthough" now. How cool is that?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:09 pm The Steam/Steam Deck version of Shinorubi is at version 1.10 with the latest patches at 5.1mb & 669.9kb d/l's respectively.

----------
Still remains stuck on the "black screen" issue if a single gameplay demo plays through on a Steam Deck setup though.
----------

What's cool about the latest Steam patches is that your last best playthough of Shinorubi is used as the "default demo playthough" now. How cool is that?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
THIS is a cool feature :shock:
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

ThundergunExpress wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:38 am No, it's exclusive to the EXA Arcadia version. I regret buying it because I forgot about the announcement when they said tate was EXA only. Game feels way too cramped and I can't see anything ahead so I don't even know how to start creating a route. I also don't care to because I just don't find it fun personally. Which is a shame because there are a lot of things I like about the game.
The production values are great, but it feels like a half-assed rehash of bullet hell clichees without any real understanding how good level design works. I highly doubt the EXA/ TATE version is more fun.
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...