I'm starting to warm too Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Trevor spencer

Re: I'm starting to warm too Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

Post by Trevor spencer »

I'm still playing most days, got decent 1cc's on 1.5 modes but just can't quite get the vanilla mode clear.

I was so close today it wasn't even funny, the last boss basically had a sliver of life left >_<
Check out my YouTube Channel
YouTube
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

For a while I was getting "close" to a no miss no bomb no hyper. The two main problem areas for me was the first stage 5 mid boss and the boss. I think with more practice (and luck) I can do it. AFAIK there really isn't a consistent way to dodge the final pattern of the first stage 5 mid boss unless you're quite godly.

-- EDIT --

I was mistaken I didn't mean the final pattern of the first Stage 5 Midboss. It's actually just the cross-up spread pattern that comes after the bomb pattern. Takes a lot of accurate, quick micro-dodging to get right.
qmish

Post by qmish »

I have question about SDOJ art related things.

Are there actual sketch drawings for bosses/enemies somewhere? What i see in SDOJ artbook, is just a render. While i hoped for drawings like they showcased for doj/ketsui/etc.
MidnightWolf

Post by MidnightWolf »

I've only just started playing SDOJ this week, after a friend pointed me to the correct version of MAME to actually run it, as I never owned an Xbox360.

Can't get passed stage 3 yet, as I'm still figuring out the patterns and such. It's a very enjoyable game and unlike some players I don't have a problem with the revealing outfits or voice chatter... Coming from Blazing Star and its constant screams of "BONUS!", this is nothing.

I enjoy SDOJ a lot more than DDPIII and DAI-FUKKATSU.