Taito EGRET II mini cabinet coming 2022 spring

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
SuperDeadite

Re: Taito EGRET II mini cabinet coming 2022 spring

Post by SuperDeadite »

Night Striker is worth it just for the music. One of the best arcade soundtracks ever.
SavagePencil

Post by SavagePencil »

hamfighterx wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:41 pm Night Striker and Operation Wolf seem confirmed as supporting the stick. Interestingly, there was also an Egret II Mini firmware update released on August 25, which features a few game updates as well as "compatibility with USB Cyber Stick". So, question... anyone know if that compatibility is just in advance of the Vol.2 games, or does it also support anything from the Egret II Mini's base game list or Vol.1??
From https://www.taito.co.jp/en/egret2mini/support/update :
Now supporting "Intelligent Controller Cyberstick" model: XE1AJ-USB. (Operation Wolf/Night Striker only)
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

"ARCADE MEMORIES VOL.1", "ARCADE MEMORIES VOL.2" does not include the update data for the main unit. To update, please download the update data from the official page.
That's a little annoying. They really couldn't stick the new firmware on the Vol.2 SD card too? Not the end of the world or anything, but would have been nice to streamline the process and not require a download, separate SD card, and manual update...

I guess now there's no reason for me to wait though, time to jump through some hoops and update mine soon.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

strygo wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:12 pm Interestingly, this volume doesn't seem to suffer from the same location restriction that the first volume did - it currently ships to the US.
Is the package set on Amazon or anywhere else still showing as available to folks in Europe or Asia?
It now shows as "Currently Unavailable" when I view the page.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

that's indeed currently sold out. The first round of Cyber Sticks (released with the MD2 Mini) wasn't this massive either, but it did now and then show up as available before the launch, so I would just check back on a week to see if they maybe increased their allocation.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

Fudoh wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:27 pm that's indeed currently sold out. The first round of Cyber Sticks (released with the MD2 Mini) wasn't this massive either, but it did now and then show up as available before the launch, so I would just check back on a week to see if they maybe increased their allocation.
Thanks for confirming it isn't a region block.
The "GamesRocket" branch of ININ company seem to have exclusive distribution rights for the Egret II Mini and peripherals in North America. I was worried they might be locking down on this set too.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that Amazon will get a restock or allocation like you suggest!
There'll always be eBay after the fact as well. The first Super Deluxe package or whatever it was called with all the peripherals ended up being cheaper from eBay (brand new and shipped FedEx) than what it initially retailed for, iirc.