Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:54 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:12 pm 

. (pictures gone, so)

Last edited by Rob on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: SD: Thunder Force II overhead stages
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:25 am 

[quote="Rob"][si
[b]NOTES:
Move quickly through the walled corridors and the enemies shouldn't be much of a bother. The "organic matter" are the red bubble-like barriers that can be shot through. Sometimes you can move directly through them while shooting, other times you'll have to move back and forth.

you can use a forward and back shooting weapen and penetrate fine by going back in forth. if the stages enemies are bugging you and you want to make sure they can,t get you from behind.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: SD: Thunder Force II overhead stages
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:35 am 

Dale wrote:
you can use a forward and back shooting weapen and penetrate fine by going back in forth. if the stages enemies are bugging you and you want to make sure they can,t get you from behind.

Hm? I'm not sure what you are adding or commenting on with the first sentence.

2. If you want to make sure they can't get you from behind you can keep moving. Bullets aren't faster than the ship and neither are the enemies. Back fire is unnecessary, as said. This is a speed guide.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:35 pm 

Anyone knows if there are more detailed maps for this game? I get lost easily in the fourth top view stage :cry:

Also it would be awesome if you could add a line for that corridor in the third stage, Rob. I'm unable to score 250.000 in that stage, and I might add that I dislike the idea of crashing myself on purpose. (I lose the precious destructor and it takes a while to recover, I'd prefer to start the fourth stage with my equipment).

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:14 pm 

Turrican wrote:
Anyone knows if there are more detailed maps for this game? I get lost easily in the fourth top view stage :cry:
The map for the fourth top-view stage couldn't be any easier to follow. You might have to go around a few walls slightly in some bits but that's more or less the path you should take. The only difference is that you should go upwards through the organic matter wall bit rather than diagonally. The final base is above the wall.

Quote:
Also it would be awesome if you could add a line for that corridor in the third stage, Rob. I'm unable to score 250.000 in that stage, and I might add that I dislike the idea of crashing myself on purpose. (I lose the precious destructor and it takes a while to recover, I'd prefer to start the fourth stage with my equipment).
Its sort of downwards from the wall you're supposed to crash through. The corridor is tight and pretty hard to get through - IMO its better to crash the wall and take away the 100,000 rather than take the long route and risk losing more lives.

If theres one thing I would add to this guide it's that Hunter is the best weapon for the final level. Not because it seeks enemies - it doesnt seek out ground targets - but it goes through walls and lets you attack those generators comfortably from outside their firing arcs. A good strategy is to time-waste on the last level until you get hunter. The power ups seem to appear in order as you circle the enemy ship/base thing.

PS - I prefer this game to ThunderForce III

Offline Profile