RetroTINK 5x-Pro

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
H6rdc0re

Re: RetroTINK 5x-Pro

Post by H6rdc0re »

fernan1234 wrote:We use the word perfect a bit too lightly sometimes. The truth is that even the most ideal rolling BFI implementation literally cannot produce motion as clear as CRT for 60fps and below content (unless motion interpolation is also used, in which case the usual interpolation artifact problems are added to the mix).

It can definitely be good enough. On that matter, you guys should be paying attention to the new QD-OLED panels coming out, which by their design are much better positioned to use BFI while minimizing the disadvantages in a much better way than LG WOLED panels.

I'm sure there's a lot of people who "invested" in LG OLED TVs the past few years and don't want to make anyone feel bad about their purchase, but something 100% superior is available now and affordable at similar prices. I'd cut my losses and sell any LG OLED TV locally at a discount to buy a QD-OLED from Samsung or Sony.
Please remind me what isn't perfect about this:

PearlJammzz

Post by PearlJammzz »

H6rdc0re wrote:
fernan1234 wrote:We use the word perfect a bit too lightly sometimes. The truth is that even the most ideal rolling BFI implementation literally cannot produce motion as clear as CRT for 60fps and below content (unless motion interpolation is also used, in which case the usual interpolation artifact problems are added to the mix).

It can definitely be good enough. On that matter, you guys should be paying attention to the new QD-OLED panels coming out, which by their design are much better positioned to use BFI while minimizing the disadvantages in a much better way than LG WOLED panels.

I'm sure there's a lot of people who "invested" in LG OLED TVs the past few years and don't want to make anyone feel bad about their purchase, but something 100% superior is available now and affordable at similar prices. I'd cut my losses and sell any LG OLED TV locally at a discount to buy a QD-OLED from Samsung or Sony.
I believe the argument is that it isn't perfect because it's still sample and hold. 'Perfect' meaning it 100% faithfully recreates an electron gun.
H6rdc0re

Post by H6rdc0re »

PearlJammzz wrote:
H6rdc0re wrote:

I believe the argument is that it isn't perfect because it's still sample and hold. 'Perfect' meaning it 100% faithfully recreates an electron gun.
No display technology will ever recreate an electron gun. Fixed pixel displays work totally different. He said it can't produce motion as clear as CRT which isn't true as clearly demonstrated by the photo's. These were shot of a LG 65CX6LA with a simple Iphone 6.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Hard to say. Normal photography won't always capture the blur we see.

Here's a three chip DLP beamer for simulation usage without BFI enabled. Photographed by my mobile with default settings. I see blur, but it doesn't show in the photo. Apologies for the hotspot and image quality, this one is not installed in my home and not mounted on my daily driver screen. Just a demo of a misleading photo.

Spoiler
We apologise for the inconvenience
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

H6rdc0re wrote:Please remind me what isn't perfect about this:
Photos cannot capture persistence blur, which happens at the level of our vision. No one can show it to you, only your eyes can see it :) (technically persistence can be measured in MPRT, but nothing beats just seeing how your eyes track it in motion, also keep in mind persistence is less relevant with higher frame rate content especially 120fps and up)

edit: the way CRTs work didn't set out to provide the best persistence-clearing display tech we have ever seen, it just happened to do so by luck! No other display tech, paired with compensatory measures like BFI of different forms, has come to match it yet. Will it happen some day? Sure, with enough picture elements and insanely fast refresh rates, along with other compensatory factors at play.

It'll be a while though.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

the way CRTs work didn't set out to provide the best persistence-clearing display tech we have ever seen, it just happened to do so by luck
do we actually know that all people are similarly perceptive to persistence blur? I've been wondering that for a very long time.

When I do that "disappearing scanlines" showcase, some find it very obvious, while others have a very hard time to follow what I mean. And about comparing CRT with OLEDs (in that particular case), for me (or my eyes, or my brain) on a CRT horizontal scanlines will kinda blur together on vertically scrolling games, making the screen like an interlaced source instead. Same thing on OLEDs without BFI. On a Sony BVM OLED the scanlines will stay solid despite the screen scrolling across the scanline direction. It's a totally bizarre sight when using a CRT right next to it.
SavagePencil

Post by SavagePencil »

Would it be more valuable to move this discussion to a separate thread? While it is interesting and useful for this forum it doesn't seem relevant to the RetroTink 5X.
EnragedWhale

Post by EnragedWhale »

Fudoh wrote:
the way CRTs work didn't set out to provide the best persistence-clearing display tech we have ever seen, it just happened to do so by luck
do we actually know that all people are similarly perceptive to persistence blur? I've been wondering that for a very long time.
John Linneman of DF retro fame seems incredibly sensitive to persistence blur and uses BFI on 120fps games that to my eye have pretty much no blur. In fact he claims to be able to see a doubling/blur effect on 60fps games when setting an Xbox series X to output 120hz. I’ve tried with a bunch of different 60 fps games and cannot for the life of me see a difference in blur between 60 and 120hz output. I can see the difference in motion clarity between actual 60fps and 120fps games though.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Fudoh wrote:do we actually know that all people are similarly perceptive to persistence blur? I've been wondering that for a very long time.
Actually this also crossed my mind during the discussion here and at other times, but I think we can take it for granted that while there may be some variability like with pretty much all our sensory abilities, the range has to be pretty narrow. Eye-tracking is universal. We know that the spinning blades of a fan or a helicopter will look like a fuzzy solid disc to everyone, and that the blades will become much more clearly visible for anyone who starts blinking rapidly, etc.

In spite of some degree of variability in sensitivity to eye-tracking blur, I also think that pretty much anyone would be able to tell differences by having a CRT right next to flat panel with the best-suited flicker currently available right next to it both displaying the same legacy content.

As to the "disappearing scanlines" phenomenon that you've brought up earlier, I've noticed that too, but I've seen it both on CRTs and OLED BVMs though I think it may depend on some factors both related to the specific picture being displayed (especially its direction and more importantly the speed of the scrolling/panning scene) and the sizing and scaling being used. This point does illustrate that there will be subtle things that won't be the same since the picture is being displayed in very different ways, in spite of a mechanism specifically designed to simulate one of the other display's key properties.

Another important takeaway from this kind of discussion should be that comparisons need to be apples to apples. Many times I've read people appealing to solid measurements like MPRT to claim that some new modern panel/flicker/strobing technique has achieved parity with CRT levels of motion clarity, neglecting to disclose that such motion clarity on the flat panel was with 120fps content on a strobing 120hz panel, while CRTs and content released during their time were predominantly ~60 and ~30 fps. Many of those claims also often didn't mention that frame doubling or interpolation was also used, along with undesirable artifacts they produce especially for older lower frame content (and something like soap-opera effect may be considered an artifact too, though this is something with a wider range of sensitivity).

SavagePencil wrote:Would it be more valuable to move this discussion to a separate thread? While it is interesting and useful for this forum it doesn't seem relevant to the RetroTink 5X.
I've been a bit hesitant to continue the discussion because of this, but at the same time it does feel relevant enough given that the RT5X is pretty much the best way currently available to provide an alternative to CRT usage with original game hardware, especially when paired with suitable flat panels. I'll admit my perspective is from the "privilege" of still using CRTs, while keeping my RT5X and flat panel as a plan C in case my CRT suddenly dies (plan B is a VGA CRT + RT2X + Extron RGB interface to compensate for scanline darkness). I may feel that the things we've been going over are less relevant if I had been more used to flat panels for a longer time.
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

fernan1234 wrote:I'm sure there's a lot of people who "invested" in LG OLED TVs the past few years and don't want to make anyone feel bad about their purchase, but something 100% superior is available now and affordable at similar prices. I'd cut my losses and sell any LG OLED TV locally at a discount to buy a QD-OLED from Samsung or Sony.
Literally not even available yet with no real reviews posted. Would be an incredibly stupid move to do that without lag numbers, resolution support, VRR information, etc etc. Past that I'd want actual community members to put one through its paces first- can it handle Neo Geo, obscure arcade boards, weird OSSC modes? LGs excepting the C2 have already been put through their paces why on earth would I fire sale mine immediately at a loss to get an unproven display with the outright very first generation of a brand new tech?

Also how about that new RT5X firmware that hasn't even been discussed yet haha.
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

bobrocks95 wrote:Literally not even available yet with no real reviews posted. Would be an incredibly stupid move to do that without lag numbers, resolution support, VRR information, etc etc. Past that I'd want actual community members to put one through its paces first- can it handle Neo Geo, obscure arcade boards, weird OSSC modes? LGs excepting the C2 have already been put through their paces why on earth would I fire sale mine immediately at a loss to get an unproven display with the outright very first generation of a brand new tech?
The Samsung S95B is already available in the US, has been so for some weeks now it caught everyone by surprise:
https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions- ... s95bafxza/
https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-65-Inch- ... B09VHBLV4Y

The Sony A95K will be available in a couple of months probably.

I think all those gamer points will be fine at least on the Samsung. You can wait for a bit and see, but given the long warranty periods being offered on these (as well as the Alienware QD-OLED monitor) I think the usual "first gen" concerns are not significant. Once you get to see the difference between bad colors and other issues (especially near black) inherent to LG WOLED compared to a top emission OLED display, you'll want to make the switch immediately.

Personally I'm not going to buy one of these but only because I was lucky to be able to get an OLED BVM, but I stayed away from LG WOLEDs all these years because I knew better, and it's great to know that finally a decent consumer OLED panel is available at affordable prices (relative to the other options of good quality).
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

The warranty doesn't mean a whole lot when I try to tell Samsung that the TV doesn't like the 59.19Hz signal from my MVS. And my 55" B9 was about $900 on sale... So no, again I'm not going to rush out and buy a Samsung sight unseen. Like someone else said, hope it's great, but you can't sit here and say it's "100% superior" for all of our weird niche uses unless you're sitting there testing it for all of us right now.

Anyways here's this:
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
H6rdc0re

Post by H6rdc0re »

fernan1234 wrote:
Photos cannot capture persistence blur, which happens at the level of our vision. No one can show it to you, only your eyes can see it :) (technically persistence can be measured in MPRT, but nothing beats just seeing how your eyes track it in motion, also keep in mind persistence is less relevant with higher frame rate content especially 120fps and up)

edit: the way CRTs work didn't set out to provide the best persistence-clearing display tech we have ever seen, it just happened to do so by luck! No other display tech, paired with compensatory measures like BFI of different forms, has come to match it yet. Will it happen some day? Sure, with enough picture elements and insanely fast refresh rates, along with other compensatory factors at play.

It'll be a while though.
My eyes also don't see any blur by the way and that's done with a side by side of the LG CX vs PVM L4 both outputting the same 240p test suite scrolling tests. If you think it's blurry compared to a CRT then more power to you. The only big drawback is the loss in brightness but that will be resolved in future OLED displays.
EnragedWhale wrote:
Fudoh wrote:
John Linneman of DF retro fame seems incredibly sensitive to persistence blur and uses BFI on 120fps games that to my eye have pretty much no blur. In fact he claims to be able to see a doubling/blur effect on 60fps games when setting an Xbox series X to output 120hz. I’ve tried with a bunch of different 60 fps games and cannot for the life of me see a difference in blur between 60 and 120hz output. I can see the difference in motion clarity between actual 60fps and 120fps games though.
Forcing a 60fps game with a 120Hz output will always create a blurry output as does a 30fps game with a 60Hz output. Content needs to match the output in order for BFI to work otherwise you'll blurring.
fernan1234 wrote:The Samsung S95B is already available in the US, has been so for some weeks now it caught everyone by surprise:
https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions- ... s95bafxza/
https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-65-Inch- ... B09VHBLV4Y

The Sony A95K will be available in a couple of months probably.

I think all those gamer points will be fine at least on the Samsung. You can wait for a bit and see, but given the long warranty periods being offered on these (as well as the Alienware QD-OLED monitor) I think the usual "first gen" concerns are not significant. Once you get to see the difference between bad colors and other issues (especially near black) inherent to LG WOLED compared to a top emission OLED display, you'll want to make the switch immediately.

Personally I'm not going to buy one of these but only because I was lucky to be able to get an OLED BVM, but I stayed away from LG WOLEDs all these years because I knew better, and it's great to know that finally a decent consumer OLED panel is available at affordable prices (relative to the other options of good quality).
So I take you have no hands on experience...?

While slamming the WRGB OLEDs perhaps you might want to do some reading about QD-OLEDs and how their panel structure impacts text readability. No display technology is perfect.
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

H6rdc0re wrote:What 20% image persistence are you talking about? Doing a head to head of a LG CX with BFI set to high and PVM L4 with all the scrolling tests of the 240p test suite yields perfect motion.
The CX uses a 20% on 80% off BFI pattern. The C1 uses a 50% on 50% off BFI pattern. This results in the CX having slightly higher motion clarity, though we're into diminishing returns at that point so it's only slightly better.

LG CX:
Spoiler
LG C1:
Spoiler
fernan1234 wrote:I'm sure there's a lot of people who "invested" in LG OLED TVs the past few years and don't want to make anyone feel bad about their purchase, but something 100% superior is available now and affordable at similar prices. I'd cut my losses and sell any LG OLED TV locally at a discount to buy a QD-OLED from Samsung or Sony.
There were multiple companies making TVs with the exact same panel as the LG C1, including Sony, and yet everybody was buying the C1 for gaming. That should tell you something. Samsung QD-OLED are better panels than LG's WRGB in almost every meaningful way, but that doesn't yet tell us how well TVs using QD-OLED panels compare to TVs using WRGB panels. For example, Samsung has a reputation for being intolerant to off-spec timings, and Sony has a reputation for missing or broken VRR implementations. We'll need to wait to see how things pan out. Right now, I'd say that if you're buying a TV for watching films or similar, get a QD-OLED, but for gaming, especially retro gaming, the jury's still out. And of course there's no point in selling your existing LG OLED TV because they're still perfectly good TVs. If you already have one, keep using it until it's time to replace it and then buy something else.

I have a QD-OLED monitor on backorder. I look forward to migrating from IPS LCD to QD-OLED for computer use.
That is not how you use the UFO pursuit camera test. You're not measuring anything useful by just taking a photo of it. You need to take a photo while the camera is moving at the same speed as the objects on-screen, which measure the TV's motion resolution. Ideally, you have a setup like this, moving the camera on a rail so that it only moves in one axis at a time:
Spoiler
but you may be able to get away with doing it handheld. You can also see this rtings video explaining how to do it and the theory behind it and why a photo with a stationary camera is not useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNb3X1AM6uI
fernan1234 wrote:Photos cannot capture persistence blur, which happens at the level of our vision. No one can show it to you, only your eyes can see it :).
Photos can absolutely capture persistence blur, that is the entire point of pursuit camera tests. The problem is everybody here is taking photos of pursuit camera tests using stationary cameras and that doesn't work at all. Note that any review that has photos of the UFO pursuit camera test shows horizontal motion blur. The rtings logos I posted earlier are taken in the same way (and if you look at the actual reviews of the TV you'll see that the BFI shots that I posted have massively less motion blur than the non-BFI shots in the reviews despite being the same pixel response time).
EnragedWhale wrote:John Linneman of DF retro fame seems incredibly sensitive to persistence blur and uses BFI on 120fps games that to my eye have pretty much no blur. In fact he claims to be able to see a doubling/blur effect on 60fps games when setting an Xbox series X to output 120hz. I’ve tried with a bunch of different 60 fps games and cannot for the life of me see a difference in blur between 60 and 120hz output. I can see the difference in motion clarity between actual 60fps and 120fps games though.
He is incredibly sensitive to motion blur, but you will see a doubled image if you play a 30 FPS game using 60 Hz BFI or a 60 FPS game using 120 Hz BFI. It's a lot more obvious using 60 Hz BFI for 30 Hz games, you'll see a huge improvement in motion clarity while also seeing a doubled image. I still choose to play some 30 FPS games like that because I find the doubled image less distracting than the motion blur. It comes from the image effectively strobing twice per frame. It would be less noticeable with 60 FPS games and 120 Hz BFI, but just because the doubled images would be closer together.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Guspaz wrote:Photos can absolutely capture persistence blur, that is the entire point of pursuit camera tests. The problem is everybody here is taking photos of pursuit camera tests using stationary cameras and that doesn't work at all. Note that any review that has photos of the UFO pursuit camera test shows horizontal motion blur. The rtings logos I posted earlier are taken in the same way (and if you look at the actual reviews of the TV you'll see that the BFI shots that I posted have massively less motion blur than the non-BFI shots in the reviews despite being the same pixel response time).
Fair enough, though I still would say that there's no better persistence blur testing than your own eyes, especially since indeed there may be some variability in sensitivity to it to some extent.

H6rdc0re wrote:
So I take you have no hands on experience...?

While slamming the WRGB OLEDs perhaps you might want to do some reading about QD-OLEDs and how their panel structure impacts text readability. No display technology is perfect.

I do have hands experience with top emission OLED, and I also used to own a WRGB OLED, which I quickly got rid of after seeing their huge drawbacks in comparison to top emission OLED in particular in which case the former almost feel terrible, but it was all that people had access to in the consumer market for all these years.

I thought I mentioned how the unconventional pixel array is a disadvantage specifically for PC usage/text rendering. But I was mainly referring to the TVs where this wouldn't be relevant (the LG WRGB OLEDs also have the problem of being bad for PC use/text rendering... due to being WRGB with the white pixel being extra large).

That's why I'm willing to bet that eventually everyone will have their eyes opened with the arrival of QD-OLED now. Don't have to take my word for it, eventually you'll see for yourself ;)

That said, for me the real excitement is the introduction of consumer real RGB OLED panels by JOLED/TCL in the near future, but QD-OLED should be good enough too while we wait another 5-10 years for microLED.
EnragedWhale

Post by EnragedWhale »

EnragedWhale wrote:John Linneman of DF retro fame seems incredibly sensitive to persistence blur and uses BFI on 120fps games that to my eye have pretty much no blur. In fact he claims to be able to see a doubling/blur effect on 60fps games when setting an Xbox series X to output 120hz. I’ve tried with a bunch of different 60 fps games and cannot for the life of me see a difference in blur between 60 and 120hz output. I can see the difference in motion clarity between actual 60fps and 120fps games though.
Guspaz wrote: He is incredibly sensitive to motion blur, but you will see a doubled image if you play a 30 FPS game using 60 Hz BFI or a 60 FPS game using 120 Hz BFI. It's a lot more obvious using 60 Hz BFI for 30 Hz games, you'll see a huge improvement in motion clarity while also seeing a doubled image. I still choose to play some 30 FPS games like that because I find the doubled image less distracting than the motion blur. It comes from the image effectively strobing twice per frame. It would be less noticeable with 60 FPS games and 120 Hz BFI, but just because the doubled images would be closer together.
Sorry, I didn’t explain myself correctly. John sees extra blur when a source (in this case an Xbox Series X) is set to 120hz with 60fps games when compared to setting the console to 60hz output. No BFI involved. I always use 120hz for the decrease in display input lag and to lessen judder with frame drops in games that can’t use VRR. Also gives access to LFC in the games that do. I’ve tried and tried but can’t see a difference between 60 and 120hz output myself on a LG CX with or without VRR. Again no BFI involved on 60fps games like FH5 and Elden Ring.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

Mind you, you're talking about someone who will think the picture is inferior unless it's displayed on a Sony FW900 or similar expensive CRT display. I'd take it with quite a few grains of salt.
PearlJammzz

Post by PearlJammzz »

Everyone,
There is a great way to test the blur that BFI reduces. Select your favorite version of the 240p test suite and load up the horizontal scroll test that uses Sonic's Greenhill Zone. Even on an OLED the difference is SUPER apparent. If you somehow have a CRT or LED LCD you can side-by-side then even better. But you can speed up or slow down the scroll. Use the mountains in the background as reference. When moving really fast, the goal is that the mountain peaks keep their same pixel width as they do when the image is still, right? Well make that thing go as fast as it can and with a modern OLED you'll see the mountains are like 3x wider than when the image is still, they blur. On a modern LED LCD they'll be like 5x as wide as they should be. Enable BFI high on a LG CX (never tested a C1 or C2) and you'll notice that as the mountain peaks scroll by you pretty much see a consistent 1x width in those peaks. They don't blur.

My wife was confused when I turned on BFI to show her and didn't see it and couldn't tell until I did this test. A lot of people may not notice it or be able to articulate what's different because they have becomes used to LED LCDs over the last ~15 or so years but it was a very common complaint when we moved from CRTs to LCDs even for very casual TV viewers. They just didn't care cause their TV was no longer 300 lbs and they could get them in (comparatively) huge sizes.

Again, pair this with the RT5X's shadow masks and even though it's not a 100% recreation of a CRT by any means it's damn close. When you actually sit back on the couch and play the games the important part is that it feels really close to that CRT experience just bigger and more modern.
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

Only problem is that, on LG anyway, BFI adds another half frame of inpug lag. 13ms-->21ms
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

BazookaBen wrote:Only problem is that, on LG anyway, BFI adds another half frame of inpug lag. 13ms-->21ms
If it's 21ms with BFI on, it's actually slightly more of an increase than that, since for 60Hz content you'd normally have boost mode on, so 10ms of latency, and BFI requires you to disable boost mode. So 10ms -> 21ms.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

BazookaBen wrote:Only problem is that, on LG anyway, BFI adds another half frame of inpug lag. 13ms-->21ms
Assuming that's a Time Sleuth measurement, where is the reading taken? If you get that at the bottom of the screen, each complete refresh is only ~4ms behind a CRT at 60Hz. Not necessarily a deal breaker. :-)

Personally, I've found that the ability to completely refresh the screen close to a CRT is what "feels" snappy.
We apologise for the inconvenience
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

I imagine they measure at the middle, since none of their measurements at 120hz with VRR get below 4.1ms

Talking about Rtings by the way
H6rdc0re

Post by H6rdc0re »

According to Bob from RetroRGB BFI adds a full frame of lag on the LG CX. So in 60Hz that would mean 16ms additional lag and 8ms in 120Hz.

https://www.retrorgb.com/lg-cx-oled-lag ... ility.html

People with the C1/G1 or C2/G2 should know that using BFI with boost mode forces 120Hz on 60Hz content meaning frame doubling and thus creating extra blur. Better option would be to not use boost mode when using BFI.

Perhaps we've hijacked this thread enough with BFI talk and should continue discussing the magnificent RetroTINK 5X-Pro itself.
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

You cannot enable boost mode on a C1/G1 (and I assume the C2/G2) while BFI is enabled. Turning on BFI will disable/lock the "prevent input delay" option entirely, and enabling boost mode will disable/lock the "OLED Motion Pro" (BFI) option entirely. Getting 120 Hz BFI on a 60 Hz signal simply requires you to set BFI to high. High is 120 Hz BFI and medium is 60Hz BFI.

Bob did his latency testing with a 60Hz signal and BFI on high (120 Hz) which kind of invalidates the results. 120 Hz BFI on 60 Hz content (double strobe) is not a desirable use case due to the ghosting (double image) it produces.
azmun

Post by azmun »

bobrocks95 wrote:Anyways here's this:
Kinda losing interest in these (future) firmware updates. Guess I'm in the minority who cares about 240p downscaling options.
Tempest_2084

Post by Tempest_2084 »

To me it seems like he's got all the major stuff finalized and now he's working on niche stuff and future stuff (4K). I wish he'd give us the ability to name the profiles and maybe provide some optimal profiles already programmed in (I know they're subjective, but he posts some nice ones on his page which would be cool to see pre-programmed).
subcons

Post by subcons »

Tempest_2084 wrote:I wish he'd give us the ability to name the profiles…
Same. It’s basically the only feature missing for me personally. Luckily I only have a handful of systems I hook in it, so I just keep the profiles chronological so I don’t forget which is which.
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

Anyone here tried using theirs on passthrough w/ a composite or svid source & HDMI to component on the output? Like, on a NTSC consumer CRT for instance. Would be fun to see how it fares!
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

kitty666cats wrote:Anyone here tried using theirs on passthrough w/ a composite or svid source & HDMI to component on the output? Like, on a NTSC consumer CRT for instance. Would be fun to see how it fares!
The RT5X has passthrough mode? Somehow all this time I thought only the 2Xs had that.
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

fernan1234 wrote:
kitty666cats wrote:Anyone here tried using theirs on passthrough w/ a composite or svid source & HDMI to component on the output? Like, on a NTSC consumer CRT for instance. Would be fun to see how it fares!
The RT5X has passthrough mode? Somehow all this time I thought only the 2Xs had that.
I’m only assuming this, I suppose my assumption is rooted in knowing that the 2X can & that the 5X has firmwares that can downscale stuff to 240p