M2 Toaplan collection

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Martinov

Re: M2 Toaplan collection

Post by Martinov »

Will Wardner be on the disc or is it another DLC code, as they did with Teki Paki previously?
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

At least on Switch, Getstar is on the Tiger-Heli card, so I'm assuming the same is the case here.
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

Sumez wrote:
Some-Mist wrote:whoa whoa whoa
what is the wardner cover art? just the reverse for hishou same same same?
A bonus you can get from Amazon.co.jp by paying a bit extra.

There'll be a reverse cover as well I'm sure, that was the case for K. Tiger-Heli, and it was really badass.
well shit, I didn't even think to check my copy and that kyukyoku tiger cover is badass!
and now I'm considering whether I cancel my hishouzame order and buy it from amazon.jp...
a creature... half solid half gas
jehu

Post by jehu »

Steven wrote:
jehu wrote: Well boys, your bets are down. Anyone who guesses wrong has to 1CC Same! with Green.
If I am wrong, I will do just that... on the Mega Drive version lol. That actually sounds like a fun challenge anyway. I don't have a way to record my Mega Drive footage, but I suppose I can always just use BlastEm or something.
Sumez wrote:I never made a habit of being wrong my entire damn life, and I ain't about to start now, cowboy. You're on.
Colorful, but okay!
Steven

Post by Steven »

I've been trying 2P arcade Same! on MAME occasionally over the past few days and it's actually a lot of fun. This might be my favourite version of the game now, and likely the one I'll spend most of my time playing on PS4 and Switch. Best part = no horizontal screen scrolling = no more hidden sniper tanks/sniper boats. That alone makes the game 129.12% more playable. That's right, not 129%, not 130%, not 129.12000000001%, 129.12%.
jehu

Post by jehu »

Steven wrote:X
Steven, I'm assuming you're the same 'Steven' that I'm seeing climbing the leaderboards in Switch M2 K. Tiger, yes? I need some active competition over here - things are otherwise pretty stagnant.
Steven

Post by Steven »

jehu wrote:Steven, I'm assuming you're the same 'Steven' that I'm seeing climbing the leaderboards in Switch M2 K. Tiger, yes? I need some active competition over here - things are otherwise pretty stagnant.
I haven't checked the leaderboards for some time, so I have no idea where I'm at now. I know there are a ton of people stuck on stage 5, so I checked just now and sure enough,

"the server is currently undergoing maintenance"

lol. Anyway, yes, once the server goes up, I'd be surprised if that isn't me.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Martinov wrote:Will Wardner be on the disc or is it another DLC code, as they did with Teki Paki previously?
Teki Paki is included with this as a DLC code. Wardner like Get Star before is on the *CORRECTION* NS cart.
Last edited by XtraSmiley on Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steven

Post by Steven »

XtraSmiley wrote:
Martinov wrote:Will Wardner be on the disc or is it another DLC code, as they did with Teki Paki previously?
Teki Paki is included with this as a DLC code. Wardner like Get Star before is on the disc.
Wardner and Get Star = code in box for PS4 but are on the cart for Switch. From the website:

Nintendo Switch版
DLCが適用済、起動すればDLCが開放された状態で遊ぶことができます。

PS4版
パッケージ中に DLCのダウンロードコードが封入されております。
インターネットに接続し、PSStoreにてダウンロードコードを適用してください。
Steven

Post by Steven »

Well, I just played Same! Same! Same! on my Mega Drive all the way up to stage 7, where I died, with the green laser... on easy lol. The hardest part is not picking up a different weapon by mistake, especially when those stupid Otakebi enemies show up. I suppose since technically getting a 1CC using nothing but the green laser is literally impossible, I have to at least play until the first green powerup with the blue shot, but then what do I do if I die? I lose the green weapon, so should I no miss the whole game or just recover with blue until I can get the green laser back? I can probably no miss the game on easy with green with a little more practice, though, as I made it to stage 7 on my 3rd attempt. The 2 previous runs ended in failure when I accidentally picked up different weapons.

Anyway, I was reading the Same! Same! Same! funwari kouryaku the other day and according to the Same! Same! Same! funwari kouryaku, the green weapon actually gets weaker when you power it up for some reason. Why did they think this was ever a good idea? They really did make a huge balance pass on the home version and the really great 2P versions, though.
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

So we're less than two weeks away from the Shark collection (woo!)... which was announced coinciding with the release of the Tiger collection. Stands to reason that there is a very good chance we'll get official word on the contents and release date of Toaplan Arcade Garage vol. 3 very soon. Make your bets on games and release date?

I'll guess: Tatsujin + Tatsujin Oh collection (with MD/Gen/PCE console ports and US arcade variants), pairing that with Rally Bike and a free downloadable Teki-Paki, again. For release date, let's say... October 27, 2022.

If it isn't the Tatsujins, then I'd think Slap Fight (the earliest unreleased Toaplan STG) paired with its spiritual sequel, V-V/Grind Stormer? I'm kinda expecting that to be either Vol. 3 or Vol. 4 of the series.

For the non-STG games, I'm starting to think they might be going in chronological order? Assuming no pre-1986 games, that would be consistent with having seen Guardian/Get Star (1986) in Vol. 1 and Wardner (1987) in Vol. 2. And Rally Bike (1988) would be next in line.

Remaining Toaplan games are:

STG
Batsugun
Daisenpu (AKA Twin Hawk)
Dogyuun
FixEight (run-n-gun, but close enough to a STG for this list)
Tatsujin (AKA Truxton)
Tatsujin Oh (AKA Truxton II)
Hellfire
Out Zone (run-n-gun, but close enough to a STG for this list)
Slap Fight
Vimana
V-V (AKA Grind Stormer)
Zero Wing

Non-STG* (release year also noted, given my above comments)
Ghox (1991)
Demon's World/Horror Story (1989)
Knuckle Bash (1993)
Performan (1985) - maybe unlikely we'll see this one as Tatsujin may not have the rights, game was published by Data East)
Rally Bike (1988)
Snow Bros. (1990)
Snow Bros. 2 (1994)
*Note M2 have already confirmed some of the non-STG will not be getting ports, including Mahjong Sisters and Enma Daio. Pipi & Bibi's (a platformer/eroge) seems highly likely to be on that list too due to the "adult content". Some other real obscure oddities in Jongo and Jongkyo that I'm not including above, but I guess anything's possible.
Steven

Post by Steven »

The digital Switch version of the Same collection is on the eshop now, as well, by the way. Performan is not on Tatsujin's (pretty barren) website, so I imagine they don't have the license for it. I think it's one of the only ones missing, but I'd have to check again.

Anyway, I imagine it will be Tatsujin + Tatsujin Ou next. After the original announcement where they said they were doing all of the Toaplan games (or as many as possible aside from the ero ones), they made another announcement with 4 games: Tatsujin Oh, Hishouzame, Out Zone, and Kyuukyoku Tiger, so maybe Out Zone might be coming after that, although there's really no reason that I think so other than the announcement. Here's the Famitsu article: https://www.famitsu.com/news/202004/18196918.html

I'm still wondering where Daisenpuu and Vimana will end up if they continue to do 2 arcade games + home versions + extra game + Teki-Paki every time. I imagine the combinations will be

Slap Fight + V-V + Grind Stormer
Out Zone + FixEight
Hellfire + Zero Wing
Tatsujin + Tatsujin Ou

and then I suppose Dogyuun!! + Batsugun and Daisenpuu + Vimana, mostly because there's nothing else to pair them with. Those last 2 do have the same designer (Nozawa), so while I have not played Vimana and only played MD Daisenpuu for the first time last night (it's okay, I guess), I suppose combining them makes some sense, I guess. The collections will start to become increasingly sparse on content later, though, as like half of these got somewhere between zero home releases and one home release.

I also would not be surprised if there was also Snow Bros + Snow Bros 2, as well, but with Snow Bros Special coming out of nowhere and getting released next month, I don't know.

In any case, I am looking forward to their pre-release stream for the Same collection, as maybe they'll announce the next collection there. I played arcade V-V at Mikado recently for the first time 2 weeks ago and it was amazing. I'd played the MD V-V before and thought it was kind of okay, but the arcade version is now one of the ones I am most looking forward to, so although it's selfish, I hope they get (Slap Fight and) V-V out soon.
ZPScissors

Post by ZPScissors »

hamfighterx wrote:So we're less than two weeks away from the Shark collection (woo!)... which was announced coinciding with the release of the Tiger collection. Stands to reason that there is a very good chance we'll get official word on the contents and release date of Toaplan Arcade Garage vol. 3 very soon. Make your bets on games and release date?

I'll guess: Tatsujin + Tatsujin Oh collection (with MD/Gen/PCE console ports and US arcade variants), pairing that with Rally Bike and a free downloadable Teki-Paki, again. For release date, let's say... October 27, 2022.

If it isn't the Tatsujins, then I'd think Slap Fight (the earliest unreleased Toaplan STG) paired with its spiritual sequel, V-V/Grind Stormer? I'm kinda expecting that to be either Vol. 3 or Vol. 4 of the series.

For the non-STG games, I'm starting to think they might be going in chronological order? Assuming no pre-1986 games, that would be consistent with having seen Guardian/Get Star (1986) in Vol. 1 and Wardner (1987) in Vol. 2. And Rally Bike (1988) would be next in line.

Remaining Toaplan games are:

STG
Batsugun
Daisenpu (AKA Twin Hawk)
Dogyuun
FixEight (run-n-gun, but close enough to a STG for this list)
Tatsujin (AKA Truxton)
Tatsujin Oh (AKA Truxton II)
Hellfire
Out Zone (run-n-gun, but close enough to a STG for this list)
Slap Fight
Vimana
V-V (AKA Grind Stormer)
Zero Wing

Non-STG* (release year also noted, given my above comments)
Ghox (1991)
Demon's World/Horror Story (1989)
Knuckle Bash (1993)
Performan (1985) - maybe unlikely we'll see this one as Tatsujin may not have the rights, game was published by Data East)
Rally Bike (1988)
Snow Bros. (1990)
Snow Bros. 2 (1994)
*Note M2 have already confirmed some of the non-STG will not be getting ports, including Mahjong Sisters and Enma Daio. Pipi & Bibi's (a platformer/eroge) seems highly likely to be on that list too due to the "adult content". Some other real obscure oddities in Jongo and Jongkyo that I'm not including above, but I guess anything's possible.
When they first announced the M2 Toaplan ports, they showed 4 games, Kyukyoku Tiger, Tatsujin Oh, Hishouzame, and Out Zone. Based on that, I'd guess Tatsujin and Tatsujin Oh are next (apparently Tatsujin Oh was one of M2's most requested games at one point so I'm surprised it wasn't one of the first) with Out Zone and Fixeight in the collection after that.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

That Snow Bro collection did come out of nowhere. No PS physical version right? Also, who's doing this version? Is the original included or only the updated version?
Steven

Post by Steven »

XtraSmiley wrote:That Snow Bro collection did come out of nowhere. No PS physical version right? Also, who's doing this version? Is the original included or only the updated version?
It's Switch-only. It's done by CRT Games, who I have never heard of before.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

According to GSK, CRT Games is a new studio founded by someone who's been involved in Korean game magazines since the 90s: https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1509119162047602690
jehu

Post by jehu »

Snow Bros. Special isn’t going to include the original Arcade version. There’s a screenshot of an email exchange bouncing around - someone emailed the publisher and they confirmed it’s only the remake.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

jehu wrote:Snow Bros. Special isn’t going to include the original Arcade version. There’s a screenshot of an email exchange bouncing around - someone emailed the publisher and they confirmed it’s only the remake.
I think you're right. The trailer for the Snow Bros Special release shows the original game, but never once mentions its included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICkYWvtBmuc

Not the best option, but as it currently stands you can get the original game on iOS and Android if you want a legal release of the classic. Its free as well last time I checked.

Guess the original is being saved for M2's ShotTriggers.
jehu

Post by jehu »

To those of you who've managed both:

What is more difficult?
A) Clearing first five stages of K. Tiger
B) Hishouzame 1-ALL

In my eyes, Hishouzame is the default entry level Toaplan recommendation. But the longer I've been playing K. Tiger, the more I think it might actually make for a good entry game, too. But you'd probably need to frame the game correctly, and go into it with the right mindset.

'The right mindset' means treating K. Tiger's ten stages like two 'loops': the first five stages as a respectable, moderately difficult 'first set,' and the second five as a harder arrange 'mini-loop.' Stages 6-10 are just stages 1-5 moved over to the right, and the music repeats - so aesthetically the game seems to signal this on its own. I'd really hesitate to recommend K. Tiger to beginners because of the unforgiving deaths and punishing recoveries in the second half. But the first 'mini-loop' is a stiff, but not too stiff challenge. It teaches you fundamentals of routing and encourages smart recovery strategies. Plus it's a solid 20+ minutes, so it isn't too far off from conventional single-loop playtime.

Curious to know if you all would agree.
ZPScissors

Post by ZPScissors »

jehu wrote:To those of you who've managed both:

What is more difficult?
B) Hishouzame 1-ALL

In my eyes, Hishouzame is the default entry level Toaplan recommendation. But the longer I've been playing K. Tiger, the more I think it might actually make for a good entry game, too. But you'd probably need to frame the game correctly, and go into it with the right mindset.

'The right mindset' means treating K. Tiger's ten stages like two 'loops': the first five stages as a respectable, moderately difficult 'first set,' and the second five as a harder arrange 'mini-loop.' Stages 6-10 are just stages 1-5 moved over to the right, and the music repeats - so aesthetically the game seems to signal this on its own. I'd really hesitate to recommend K. Tiger to beginners because of the unforgiving deaths and punishing recoveries in the second half. But the first 'mini-loop' is a stiff, but not too stiff challenge. It teaches you fundamentals of routing and encourages smart recovery strategies. Plus it's a solid 20+ minutes, so it isn't too far off from conventional single-loop playtime.

They seem to be pretty similar in difficulty and KTiger half-all might actually be easier but overall I'd still recommend Hishouzame for newcomers because recovery in that game is far easier.
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

That's exactly how I always saw Twin Cobra - stages 6-10 are like a second loop, the stages themselves are the same but offset slightly to the side.

Flying Shark all clear is definitely easier than a Twin Cobra 1-5 clear - restocking bombs at each stage means having to use them for recovery or boss quick kill isn't a death sentence later on. The default shot is similarly weak as in Twin Cobra, but even one power level is enough to render significant portions of the game doable. In Twin Cobra, you really need to go up two levels on red or one level but grab a blue to stand a chance - and there are checkpoints that are just too brutal to recover from, so it's either die twice to go further back or end your credit. While Flying Shark does have some tough checkpoint recoveries, being able to bomb your way through the worst of them really makes a difference. The checkpoint into the final boss is probably the hardest to recover from, but if you can make it that far then the clear is near!

Either are fine for beginners though, because plenty of the people who originally played the games in arcades would have been beginners - 8 year old me certainly wasn't deterred by not being able to get past the first stage of either!
Steven

Post by Steven »

jehu wrote:To those of you who've managed both:

What is more difficult?
B) Hishouzame 1-ALL

I don't have enough experience with Hishouzame, but for entry level I'd choose Twin Cobra over Kyuukyoku Tiger, even though I like Kyuukyoku Tiger more than I like Twin Cobra.

Now that I think about it again, I think the Kyuukyoku Tiger custom mode lets you set the helicopter speed to the same speed as the Twin Cobra helicopter, so you can have the speed of the Twin Cobra helicopter, the increased damage output of the Kyuukyoku Tiger helicopter, checkpoints, and the K Tiger item table all at the same time.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Steven wrote: Now that I think about it again, I think the Kyuukyoku Tiger custom mode lets you set the helicopter speed to the same speed as the Twin Cobra helicopter, so you can have the speed of the Twin Cobra helicopter, the increased damage output of the Kyuukyoku Tiger helicopter, checkpoints, and the K Tiger item table all at the same time.
Is the 2p version of Kyuukyoku Tiger the same as Twin Cobra?
Steven

Post by Steven »

BrianC wrote:
Steven wrote: Now that I think about it again, I think the Kyuukyoku Tiger custom mode lets you set the helicopter speed to the same speed as the Twin Cobra helicopter, so you can have the speed of the Twin Cobra helicopter, the increased damage output of the Kyuukyoku Tiger helicopter, checkpoints, and the K Tiger item table all at the same time.
Is the 2p version of Kyuukyoku Tiger the same as Twin Cobra?
I'm actually not sure. I asked this question myself recently in the questions that don't deserve their own thread thread, but nobody replied. They seem to basically be the same as far as I can tell, but...
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

hamfighterx wrote:Make your bets on games and release date?
Tatsujin + Tatsujin Ou, with Demon's World as bonus game, plus a Teki Paki download code of course. :P
Release date: 27th of October 2022
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

I'm not a gambling-type person so I won't take any bets, but I foresee the possibility of the Tatsujin pack being dead last since that's how City Connection/Clarice Disc did the OST reissues a few years back.
Redfox

Post by Redfox »

Ill guess it’s Hellfire / Zero Wing with Rally Bike as the extra game on the dlc.
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

Steven wrote:Performan is not on Tatsujin's (pretty barren) website, so I imagine they don't have the license for it. I think it's one of the only ones missing, but I'd have to check again.
Oh, that's interesting. Yeah, the list on the Tatsujin site is here: http://tatsujin.tokyo/custom.html. Does not include Performan. I sort of hope Pipi & Bibi's shows up, but wouldn't be surprising if they can't release that due to content - like the already confirmed non-releases of Mahjong Sisters and Enma Daio. If not, we're at 12 STG and 6 non-STG remaining from the games listed on that site.
Steven wrote:I'm still wondering where Daisenpuu and Vimana will end up if they continue to do 2 arcade games + home versions + extra game + Teki-Paki every time. I imagine the combinations will be

Slap Fight + V-V + Grind Stormer
Out Zone + FixEight
Hellfire + Zero Wing
Tatsujin + Tatsujin Ou

and then I suppose Dogyuun!! + Batsugun and Daisenpuu + Vimana, mostly because there's nothing else to pair them with. Those last 2 do have the same designer (Nozawa), so while I have not played Vimana and only played MD Daisenpuu for the first time last night (it's okay, I guess), I suppose combining them makes some sense, I guess. The collections will start to become increasingly sparse on content later, though, as like half of these got somewhere between zero home releases and one home release.

I also would not be surprised if there was also Snow Bros + Snow Bros 2, as well, but with Snow Bros Special coming out of nowhere and getting released next month, I don't know.
This seems pretty logical to me too, and good point about Daisenpuu & Vimana having the Nozawa connection. I kinda expect they will indeed show up together as the featured games for a pack, but those two seem like the pairing that is by far the most niche. That being said, I suppose I could see M2 trying to make that release a bit more appealing by either:
(1) Adding higher profile non-STG to that collection. Snow Bros being the obvious choice (or maybe even BOTH Snow Bros games, perhaps meaning something like a Dogyuun/Batsugun pack without any additional non-STG, or a possibility of getting the maybe unlikely Pipi & Bibi's for one of the other packs)
(2) Doing some 3-STG packs. Either splitting Daisenpuu and Vimana up and adding one each to some of the other logical pairings. Or maybe keeping them together and adding a third game (Dogyuun?) - which would leave an odd number of remaining STG, but perhaps Batsugun could stand on its own as a solo release.

Snow Bros 1&2 as the featured games for a collection certainly isn't an unreasonable thought given the name recognition, but it does feel a little weird to me with M2 being so focused on shooting games for the ShotTriggers and Toplan Arcade Garage (which admittedly doesn't have shooting in the title) series. I sorta feel like the most likely outcome is 8 releases with 2 shooting games per release.
OmegaFlareX wrote:I'm not a gambling-type person so I won't take any bets, but I foresee the possibility of the Tatsujin pack being dead last since that's how City Connection/Clarice Disc did the OST reissues a few years back.
Hmm, very interesting observation! If Tatsujin isn't next, something to keep in mind for sure.
jehu

Post by jehu »

There's an (as far as I can tell) unsubstantiated rumor floating around that Zero Wing / Hellfire are up next. I hope this doesn't end up being true, because I'd much rather have Tatsujin / Oh! - and ZW/HF are already working fantastic on mister. (And, even though I have the option, I never really feel like playing them there. Will still pick 'em up, though.)

It would be a departure from the initial promise of K. Tiger, Hishouzame, Tatsujin, Out Zone. But, from a hardware perspective, it seems to make sense. They've done Fire Shark, so both Zero Wing and Hellfire - all sharing a common underlying architecture - shouldn't require a ton of new technical investment. They'll have to figure out how to implement their gadgets for the new screen format, but I'd guess that's easier than getting Tatsujin Oh working. Maybe we can expect something similar to the Darius gadgets, but I hope they adapt the scrolling map thing somehow.

I'd love to be wrong. My true self wants Tatsujin / Oh! + Demon's World, too.
Steven

Post by Steven »

So I'm sitting here just now practicing Kyuukyoku Tiger stage 5 (fucking Otakebi keep killing me, so I've finally decided to just bomb the shit out of them) and the mail dude rings my doorbell to bring me mail... from Uemura Tatsuya. This is some kind of sign, right? It's just a t-shirt for his band, but it's a sign, right? What crazy timing.
hamfighterx wrote: This seems pretty logical to me too, and good point about Daisenpuu & Vimana having the Nozawa connection. I kinda expect they will indeed show up together as the featured games for a pack, but those two seem like the pairing that is by far the most niche. That being said, I suppose I could see M2 trying to make that release a bit more appealing by either:
(1) Adding higher profile non-STG to that collection. Snow Bros being the obvious choice (or maybe even BOTH Snow Bros games, perhaps meaning something like a Dogyuun/Batsugun pack without any additional non-STG, or a possibility of getting the maybe unlikely Pipi & Bibi's for one of the other packs)
(2) Doing some 3-STG packs. Either splitting Daisenpuu and Vimana up and adding one each to some of the other logical pairings. Or maybe keeping them together and adding a third game (Dogyuun?) - which would leave an odd number of remaining STG, but perhaps Batsugun could stand on its own as a solo release.

Snow Bros 1&2 as the featured games for a collection certainly isn't an unreasonable thought given the name recognition, but it does feel a little weird to me with M2 being so focused on shooting games for the ShotTriggers and Toplan Arcade Garage (which admittedly doesn't have shooting in the title) series. I sorta feel like the most likely outcome is 8 releases with 2 shooting games per release.
Yeah, I have a feeling that Vimana and Daisenpuu are not exactly in high demand and I'm sure M2 knows that. Maybe they'll throw those in with something else, but we'll see. Same with Snow Bros, as I think those are popular enough to sell in their own little separate release, but who knows at this point, especially with Snow Bros Special next month. Still, that's Switch only, so at least M2 can sell Snow Bros to the PS4/PS5-only people.
jehu wrote:There's an (as far as I can tell) unsubstantiated rumor floating around that Zero Wing / Hellfire are up next. I hope this doesn't end up being true, because I'd much rather have Tatsujin / Oh! - and ZW/HF are already working fantastic on mister. (And, even though I have the option, I never really feel like playing them there. Will still pick 'em up, though.)

It would be a departure from the initial promise of K. Tiger, Hishouzame, Tatsujin, Out Zone. But, from a hardware perspective, it seems to make sense. They've done Fire Shark, so both Zero Wing and Hellfire - all sharing a common underlying architecture - shouldn't require a ton of new technical investment. They'll have to figure out how to implement their gadgets for the new screen format, but I'd guess that's easier than getting Tatsujin Oh working. Maybe we can expect something similar to the Darius gadgets, but I hope they adapt the scrolling map thing somehow.

I'd love to be wrong. My true self wants Tatsujin / Oh! + Demon's World, too.
I think I saw somewhere that Horii said he thinks it's best to release them in order, but they've already broken that with Slap Fight.

I've been playing Zero Wing on the MiSTer for the past few days myself. It seems basically perfect, although there are frequent graphics glitches whenever I load the core and I have to sit there and hit reset a ton of times hoping that it decides to work properly. I think it's still a beta, and the music in Tatsujin seems super messed up as well, as I think the audio isn't fully implemented yet. Tatsujin and Hellfire have the weird visual glitching, as well.

I believe the Toaplan V2 hardware is also planned for the MiSTer, so we can expect Garegga, Tatsujin Ou, Snow Bros 2, Batsugun, Batrider, Bakraid, V-V, Mahou Daisakusen, and a few others in that case. I hope they get mycophobia's Tatsujin Ou New Version ROM hack in there, as it's really good. DDP Arrange is in there, so it wouldn't be the first time that there's an arcade ROM hack officially supported on MiSTer.