The Cancel Culture thread! WOO!

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
BulletMagnet

Re: The Cancel Culture thread! WOO!

Post by BulletMagnet »

Vanguard wrote:Because he didn't undermine the movement. The modern social justice movement is different from, and undermines, the old civil rights movement.
...did you even bother with any of the material I've been citing throughout this increasingly farcical exchange? The notion that King et al were laser-focused on the upper crust is patently false, as is your even more ridiculous prior assertion that they favored "race blind" rhetoric: King was VERY clear in stating not only that whites as a whole bore far and away the greatest burden in making racial equality a reality, but that "ordinary" whites, not just the rich and powerful ones, were very much obligated to make both social and material sacrifices towards that end as well. He was NOT even a LITTLE bit subtle about it, and others beat that drum a LOT harder than he did.

This state of affairs, of course, was a deal-breaker to many otherwise "moderate" whites - as King's own daughter has noted, despite how revered he (or, perhaps more accurately, his carefully-curated "safe" alter ego) is nowadays, in real time he was the most hated man in America - and, judging by the fact that we're even having this conversation, still appears to be very much the case for some people.

Whatever your criticisms of them, some of which are surely valid, the notion that today's "social justice" figures, along with their arguments and demands, are somehow completely divorced from their "civil rights" forebears to the point that they should be seen as acting in opposition to the latter's goals is, to put it bluntly, a pile of steaming hot garbage - moreover, I would posit that anyone making such an argument at this point in time is not only profoundly but almost certainly willfully ignorant of the history that led us to this point.
BIL wrote:As in prior discussions we've had of the ol' race relations minefield, I suspect that where we differ on C&H et al, it's more a willful alarmism on my part.
In like manner I probably ought to acknowledge my own skepticism of any and every "it's actually the blacks trying to start a race war" stems in part from how frequently it's been used as a means to rile up the worst elements of American society, particularly during the Obama era - "he's gonna take our guns away, send The Signal to the inner cities, and we'll be defenseless as they make us into slaves as ill-conceived revenge!" (And, as you'll constantly hear me harp on here, the fact that the "moderates" who were supposed to push back against this sort of filth sat silent until they voted the likes of Trump into office just rubs salt in the wound).

One item I have been meaning to pick your brain on concerning the notion that whites are somehow destined to "play the villain" - again, I'm probably projecting here, but I wonder if the matter is best explored not as some sort of supposed genetic predisposition (i.e. "the melanin thing") but a long-standing cultural tradition of celebrating and revering the most brutish elements of one's cultural history. This is, admittedly, a topic I know little about, especially as it requires a comparison in this area of "white" civilizations to others in how persistent they've been in glorifying the most objectionable parts of their past - obviously every culture has done plenty of it over the millennia, going back to the Mesopotamian/Egyptian/etc. murals celebrating the enslavement and slaughter of their enemies - but I'm far less informed about how varying groups carry on, or don't, similar traditions today.

The only real reference I have, of course, is what I see here in the USA, particularly the absolutely fierce opposition to revisiting monuments and other venerations of the Confederacy and the sentimentalization of the era of slavery in general; the similar controversy surrounding Columbus Day is another one (ironically, of course, that particular holiday was originally ginned up as a means to grant Italian-Americans access to "whiteness", which complicates matters even further). Whether trends like these are outliers from a global perspective I honestly have no idea - I am aware that some view the continued existence and sometimes-reverence for the royal family on your side of the pond as nostalgia for colonialism, though I couldn't say how pervasive such a view might be - but if there's anything of value to be gained from the original statement I would guess it's somewhere in this realm. What do you think?
orange808

Post by orange808 »

BIL wrote:
orange808 wrote:
BIL wrote: lily-white twatterheads
Not (really) okay for anyone.
Oh indeed, absolutely. Just especially rich coming from the bunch that (pretends to) regard those slurs as self-annihilating hexes; ones whose utterance irredeemably damns even the most neutral white examiner.

Then a black person does something they don't like, and they become like those rich people granted indulgences from the Vatican. :lol: Pretty disturbing, the thought of that quintessentially animal hatred roiling within someone, yearning for release; never self-interrogated or addressed, just futilely buried.

Ali slurred Frazier horrendously, even without considering Frazier put his own livelihood at stake to get the former's boxing license reinstated. Particularly cruel, given Ali came from relatively comfortable surroundings, if I recall, while Frazier grew up one of twelve children of sharecroppers. I remember a fairly recent documentary on the two, from before Frazier died - I want to say BBC-produced - where after their third and last fight, Frazier's son recounted Ali telling him backstage to let his dad know he was sorry for everything. And Frazier quietly replying when told, "Son, now why wouldn't he come in here, and tell me that himself?"

Some basic human credit that Ali clearly felt remorse, much later on, even if Frazier (understandably) never forgave him. I never got the whole warrior poet thing with Ali. Phenomenal athlete, obviously, and charismatic, of course, and he spoke out admirably against the Vietnam disaster. But you could say that about lots of celebrities - skilled, charming, humanitarian - who nevertheless eat their own shoes on the regular, saying the dumbest shit a more introspective soul would recoil from. Tom Cruise was in a horrible state for a while there, seems to have learned to STFU and just do rad movies, thankfully.
I can win this without any superficial name calling.

https://www.propublica.org/article/clar ... gifts-crow

Checkmate. :lol:

All I need is the truth. Even if name calling follows, that's a reflection of the individuals speaking. It's got nothing to do with Thomas and doesn't change anything.

This: https://www.propublica.org/article/clar ... gifts-crow

That's still there. There's no way to erase it and no distractions will make it go away.

Thomas is an asshole. Gotta love that term. I can call anyone an asshole any time I want. It's perfect. Thomas is also in violation of ethics rules and should be removed from office. If he didn't want political opponents trying to remove him, he would have followed the fucking rules. That's not my problem. Political opponents are the enforcement mechanism that gives ethics rules some teeth. That's obvious. Doesn't matter if I'm his opponent. He is the thick dip shit that broke the fucking rules. He wouldn't be vulnerable to politically motivated punishment if he followed the fucking rules.

If breach of decorum can get people thrown out, ethics violations like this should be enougb to remove Thomas from the court immediately. Funny thing, I know nobody will do anything. That's because rules don't apply for right wing people. They do anything they want. Unlike adults (like me), they only accept the rules when things go their way. They don't just complain, they cheat. I'm above that. Right wing people aren't, because they are trash.
We apologise for the inconvenience
BIL

Post by BIL »

BulletMagnet wrote:One item I have been meaning to pick your brain on concerning the notion that whites are somehow destined to "play the villain" - again, I'm probably projecting here, but I wonder if the matter is best explored not as some sort of supposed genetic predisposition (i.e. "the melanin thing") but a long-standing cultural tradition of celebrating and revering the most brutish elements of one's cultural history. This is, admittedly, a topic I know little about, especially as it requires a comparison in this area of "white" civilizations to others in how persistent they've been in glorifying the most objectionable parts of their past - obviously every culture has done plenty of it over the millennia, going back to the Mesopotamian/Egyptian/etc. murals celebrating the enslavement and slaughter of their enemies - but I'm far less informed about how varying groups carry on, or don't, similar traditions today.
I'm not an anthropologist, nor historian, or evolutionary biologist, but I have some interest in their disciplines. I'm pretty confident they would tell you that tribalism, and the debasement of one's enemies that accompanies it, is truly a human constant, dating back to before we were even recognisable as such. You'll find it everywhere across our time and space; our species is lousy with it. For sheer, quite literal viscerality, my favourite example are the ancient Maori; avid cannibals, considering the act of killing, eating, and finally shitting out their vanquished enemies the ultimate act of domination. These days they're better known for being good at rugby.
The only real reference I have, of course, is what I see here in the USA, particularly the absolutely fierce opposition to revisiting monuments and other venerations of the Confederacy and the sentimentalization of the era of slavery in general; the similar controversy surrounding Columbus Day is another one (ironically, of course, that particular holiday was originally ginned up as a means to grant Italian-Americans access to "whiteness", which complicates matters even further). Whether trends like these are outliers from a global perspective I honestly have no idea - I am aware that some view the continued existence and sometimes-reverence for the royal family on your side of the pond as nostalgia for colonialism, though I couldn't say how pervasive such a view might be - but if there's anything of value to be gained from the original statement I would guess it's somewhere in this realm. What do you think?
Offhand, and admittedly being charitable, I would ascribe that less to willful malevolence, than to culturally selective memory. Like any worthwhile enterprise, reckoning with the unalloyed truth isn't easy. People cling to their legends.

I do think it's imperative to deal in established facts, however unpalatable. Having said that... there's this unfortunate catchphrase favoured by terminally smug IDPOL zealots: "Hit dogs holler." The guy in a Gadsen shirt blasting David Allen Coe out of his stars n' bars-emblazoned Chevy gets called a Nazi, and tells his accusers to eat shit; cue bleating chorus of HDH. That's not how you get people to self-interrogate. Joe Biden, a consummate hypocrite, would be first to affirm the noble character of his late mentor Robert Byrd, former KKK Exalted Cyclops and vociferous racist in his youth. I've read what I believe was Byrd's final autobiography. He actually did significant good for American minorities, as an older and remorseful man. However genuine any of it was - we are discussing a career politician - what would it have accomplished to banish him underground?

People are complicated. That's not a platitude, it's a dogged reality that aggressively reasserts itself at every turn, once you start examining your fellow humans in any detail. Evil exists, there are some truly incorrigible bigots out there who'd happily see entire target populations exiled if not exterminated outright. It's not helpful to put them and everyone else not of unimpeachable character in the same bracket.

This is really why I find Cooper & Harris et al so reprehensible. I don't care about Hoteps loitering in Times Square, heckling tourists and claiming "non-melanated peoples" are subhuman devils in need of extermination. Well, I do care, but only as far as they're holding those gullible to their idiocy back. But they are widely recognised as jokers. Promoting an equally cartoonish premise of white reavers and black victims as historical fact, within the aegis of a leading American university? More of a concern, as with their counterparts on the other extreme, who'd paint a world of white saviours and black savages.

Neither is helpful. One's far more in vogue at the moment.
orange808 wrote:I can win this without any superficial name calling.

https://www.propublica.org/article/clar ... gifts-crow

Checkmate. :lol:
Win what, the 100m Basic Human Decency at the Internet Special Olympics? Congrats. :lol:
orange808

Post by orange808 »

BIL wrote: Win what, the 100m Basic Human Decency at the Internet Special Olympics? Congrats. :lol:
We both know decency in short supply.
We apologise for the inconvenience
BIL

Post by BIL »

Yeah that's true. 3; Also love the typo, very Zero Wing. :mrgreen:
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

BIL wrote:For sheer, quite literal viscerality, my favourite example are the ancient Maori; avid cannibals, considering the act of killing, eating, and finally shitting out their vanquished enemies the ultimate act of domination. These days they're better known for being good at rugby.
This is the (more or less) sort of thing I'm most interested in here, i.e. a comparison between cultures focused not the specific nature of their objectionable pasts in and of themselves, but in how much each one in some form or another continues to glorify it - including massaging said history to make it more palatable - up to the present day. I wonder if anyone within the professional disciplines you cite has ever attempted anything like it, though I imagine assigning any sort of objective "rating" or the like would be exceedingly difficult, especially considering that the subject matter will hit different people on a different and very emotional level.
It's not helpful to put them and everyone else not of unimpeachable character in the same bracket.
Hopefully it's clear by now that we, and I would think most people of all stripes, are in agreement on this.
I can guess which one you're referring to here, though I would imagine that here in the USA, particularly the post-Trump USA, there would be a significant number of people who would strongly disagree with that assessment.
BIL

Post by BIL »

BulletMagnet wrote:
BIL wrote:For sheer, quite literal viscerality, my favourite example are the ancient Maori; avid cannibals, considering the act of killing, eating, and finally shitting out their vanquished enemies the ultimate act of domination. These days they're better known for being good at rugby.
This is the (more or less) sort of thing I'm most interested in here, i.e. a comparison between cultures focused not the specific nature of their objectionable pasts in and of themselves, but in how much each one in some form or another continues to glorify it - including massaging said history to make it more palatable - up to the present day. I wonder if anyone within the professional disciplines you cite has ever attempted anything like it, though I imagine assigning any sort of objective "rating" or the like would be exceedingly difficult, especially considering that the subject matter will hit different people on a different and very emotional level.
I should've elaborated; when I say "known for being good at Rugby," I mean the BBC regularly enthuses small children to perform the traditional Maori war dance. For obvious reasons, they're much less forthcoming about the institutionalised cannibalism it foretold, and the similarly entrenched infanticide of baby girls (no good on the battlefield).

I was bemused at a native professor's reaction to a white colleague's research on such things; acknowledging his impartial thoroughness on one hand, cautioning against such on the other:
"[Cannibalism] was definitely there. It's recorded in all sorts of ways in our histories and traditions, a lot of place names refer to it. It was part of our culture."

She said Maori cannibalism was not referred to by many historians because it was counter to English culture.

"You will get your English-based historians who come out of an English culture who don't understand it and avoid it because they don't understand it. If you don't understand it you're risking misinterpreting it badly if you try to address it."
Over on your side of the pond, there was recent box office disaster The Woman King; a celebration of female empowerment based on the African nation of Dahomey, and their two wars with the French. Dahomey was built on the enslavement of neighbouring black people. Also, they got annihilated by France, to the point more frogs died of Dengue than Woman Violence. Why was a slaver empire who were BTFO by whitey being lionised so? I can only assume it's because, to echo the Black Hebrew Israelites, they were kings. It's true!

There's a million examples of whitey doing this too, of course. You've already mentioned the Dixies and Royalists. No need to get into the Japanese and their beatifying of Imperial war criminals, at the Yasukuni Shrine and elsewhere (Yasukuni = "Peaceful Country" Image). China is currently hard at it, pumping out Neo-Reaganomic action propaganda like CHINA SALESMAN, re: their "civilising" of Sub-Saharan Africa (a pretty disturbing development, giving them a potential staging ground on the Atlantic...).

And of course, there's Islam's Most Perfect Human Ever, their prophet Mohammed. In a way that might please that Maori professor, airing his less savoury deeds can see a white person locked up, and a brown one tacitly approved for intra-communal retribution. "But Islam was a beacon of enlightenment in the horrors of the Dark Ages!" is the usual response from IDPOL nutters, here; and it's true, it was! Rather proving your point about selective aggrandisement.

It's not something endemic to any population, I'm pretty confident saying. That's a good thing, imo! Establishing the human animal's universal, time-observed baseline is as good a refutation of the race supremacists as any.
It's not helpful to put them and everyone else not of unimpeachable character in the same bracket.
Hopefully it's clear by now that we, and I would think most people of all stripes, are in agreement on this.
I don't think anyone here is, mercifully. The likes of Cooper & Harriot, and those gullible or deranged enough to align with them, absolutely.
I can guess which one you're referring to here, though I would imagine that here in the USA, particularly the post-Trump USA, there would be a significant number of people who would strongly disagree with that assessment.
Strictly in the context of this thread, which - while nebulous - I think could be reasonably defined as "Public speech, and how to be stripped of it in Current Year." Using "vogue" in the most literal sense of "fashionable."

I can't recall a context in my lifetime, prior to now, where Robin DiAngelo - a racist white woman who turned her intense self-loathing outward, onto all who look like her - would not only be taken seriously, but lauded as a champion of progress. White Fragility is a fantastic psychological horror story; as such, I recommend it heartily. Sadly, it's being promoted far and wide across the Anglosphere not as deranged fantasy, but an instructional of holy import. So I recommend it doubly, the same way I would any religious text to those studying a faith.

I actually don't think the damage will be too extensive, beyond those poor souls caught in the fallout, like Michael Mammone and his family. The myopic virtue charades peddled by DiAngelo, Kennedy, Coates et al are a red-hot stove waiting for a curious hand. Any hand; we've already seen all colours and creeds recoil as one, when these zealots get a bit too honest. But it's still quite alarming to witness in real time.
Rob

Post by Rob »

BIL wrote:I actually don't think the damage will be too extensive, beyond those poor souls caught in the fallout, like Michael Mammone and his family. The myopic virtue charades peddled by DiAngelo, Kennedy, Coates et al are a red-hot stove waiting for a curious hand. Any hand; we've already seen all colours and creeds recoil as one, when these zealots get a bit too honest. But it's still quite alarming to witness in real time.
I think there is much more to the damage being done than cold bodies on the ground. A totally demoralized people (and White Fragility is obviously a cornerstone of the demoralization campaign) aren't good for much of anything other than following directives, and I can't imagine that it is healthy for any developing person to feel inherently bad.

On cancellations, was Justin Roiland ever covered? Just tried Trover this weekend. What an absolute turd (the game too).
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

BIL wrote:I don't think anyone here is, mercifully. The likes of Cooper & Harriot, and those gullible or deranged enough to align with them, absolutely.
This is still too much of a reach for me to concur with, in much the same way as I can't take seriously the people who claim that calling for institutional changes in policing means you hate all cops and want to give free rein to wandering gangs of robbers and rioters (whose primary skin coloration is, of course, heavily implied).

It is, as you say, possible - and frankly almost always an outright necessity - to criticize a group or institution while acknowledging that not every single member is an awful person, and that those who do behave badly are not all on the same level. Cooper and Harriot do state this, and while I would agree with you that how fleetingly they do so opens them up to eye-rolling and/or dismissal from listeners not already in their wheelhouse, I don't think that they only made those acknowledgements for the sake of plausible deniability, especially in light of their larger "as tempting as an extreme reaction might seem, don't do it" prescription for change.

Again, I can't say for sure what precisely either of them were thinking during that session, but I can't help but find "didn't make their generally boilerplate point as well as they could have" a more plausible scenario to assume, and a prism to interpret their words through, than "so completely unhinged that nuance and moderation are completely impossible for them".
BIL

Post by BIL »

Rob wrote:I think there is much more to the damage being done than cold bodies on the ground. A totally demoralized people (and White Fragility is obviously a cornerstone of the demoralization campaign) aren't good for much of anything other than following directives, and I can't imagine that it is healthy for any developing person to feel inherently bad.
That stuff is horrid, and you're right, demonising entire populations along ethnic lines has historically lead to disaster. (cue "But that wasn't real [ideology]!")

Cold comfort, but I think your country will resist the Church of IDPOL better than my adopted one. Just having a notable fraction of the population object, in the relatively early going, is encouraging. England looked the other way while its children were trafficked and raped for a full two decades. (well... those in charge were of high enough station that it was never their kids - justice might not have been so appallingly late, otherwise. see the widespread horror amongst the techbros, at Bob Lee - himself a preachy cunt - getting knifed to death in San Francisco)

Even now, any English politician who dares to condemn such cowardice (as the current PM recently did) provokes apoplectic spasms from the usual leftist mouthpieces. And we'll always have pockets of zealots, of course. But the immune system seems to have somewhat recovered; commoners are likelier to respond to the usual histrionics ("You're LITERALLY GENOCIDING drag queens by not giving them access to your 3/yo's classroom!!!") with a prompt "Eat shit." If the US can arrive at similar in even half the time, good for them.
On cancellations, was Justin Roiland ever covered?
I did hear about that, but never looked beyond the headlines. Rick & Morty makes me want to eat hot buckshot, and tbh, "smug male feminist turns out to be misogynistic predator" kinda goes without saying, at this point. :lol: His own co-creator Dan Harmon has form in that area, too, though he seems to have steered clear of prosecution, unlike his dipshit buddy here.

I'll have to look closer - maybe it'll be a new spin on an auld classic! Image
BulletMagnet wrote:
BIL wrote:I don't think anyone here is, mercifully. The likes of Cooper & Harriot, and those gullible or deranged enough to align with them, absolutely.
This is still too much of a reach for me to concur with, in much the same way as I can't take seriously the people who claim that calling for institutional changes in policing means you hate all cops and want to give free rein to wandering gangs of robbers and rioters (whose primary skin coloration is, of course, heavily implied).
Law enforcement - an institution - cannot be likened to C&H's despised "white people" - a vast swathe of humanity united by skin tone. Even if it were possible, the only reform C&H propose is an eminently well-earned extinction. This, when they're not flirting with notions of indoctrinating their children against them, or terrorising them into compliance via the spectre of... the US's infamous rates of white-on-white murder. ( :| ) Or, of course, simply murdering them outright.

I think I understand why you're apologising for these race hustlers. When I noted my knowingly alarmist stance against even the most incipient ethnocentric violence - I find the wails of "How could it have come to this?" exasperating; we know how it comes to this, just as we know how a tiny lesion, left unchecked, can grow to take limbs and life itself - you mentioned being animated by a skepticism of people's motives, re: critiquing black demagogues.

Given that, I have to ask: Do you think Cooper and Harriot's race-hustling buffoonery is representative of black people? And do you suppose my critique of them is an attack on black people?

I must assure you, neither is the case. Black commentators far and wide, some on the right, some on the left, were disgusted by this interview, just like white ones were. I personally saw an old professor and mentor react with stunned silence, sharing it with her over Skype. She is a jovial sort, and quite elderly; I felt bad, like I'd sprang something evil on her. I found these reactions about as remarkable as Big Flamey Sky-Turtle swimming over Eastern Tribeland this morning (again!). This shit is vile, it represents nobody.

While I hope you don't think me bigoted - I value you and the rest of this forum's companionship a great deal, nobody I've ever met IRL gives one good ghost of a fuck about our raison d'etre - as I told MM, I know my own heart. But I have to say, if a conflation of C&H with black people is what has you wary of me, you should know that using one's own population as a human shield is Race Hustler 101. Old trick. Rhetorically, I could leave C&H a pile of cinders - a smaller next to a notably larger - without touching one hair on the heads of those they'd hide amidst. Anyone could; they represent nobody and nothing, other than their own myopic self-satisfaction.

Regrettably, this trick works on decent people who feel compelled to atone for their own population's racism, past and present. That is the impression I have of you here. You shouldn't feel compelled to defer to these jokers, any more than you should feel guilty about white racists; not the least because C&H are peddling the reddest, bloodiest steak a white racist could hope for!

If I'm wrong, I apologise for the faulty - and unsolicited, and lengthy - armchair shrinkery. But I often think, those who hate black people must be delighted at this terrible state of affairs, with idiots like Cooper & Harriot being lauded by mainstream media as authorities. What, exactly, does Cooper's "Eloquent Rage" have to show for itself? The American inner city is a globally-dreaded nightmare; and the people she claims to fight for are overwhelmingly its victims, black girls and women increasingly fair game. Nothing is getting done; it's a waste of time even talking about C&H's ilk, except as a cautioning against them.
It is, as you say, possible - and frankly almost always an outright necessity - to criticize a group or institution while acknowledging that not every single member is an awful person, and that those who do behave badly are not all on the same level. Cooper and Harriot do state this, and while I would agree with you that how fleetingly they do so opens them up to eye-rolling and/or dismissal from listeners not already in their wheelhouse, I don't think that they only made those acknowledgements for the sake of plausible deniability, especially in light of their larger "as tempting as an extreme reaction might seem, don't do it" prescription for change.
Crudely-put as it was, and dripping scorn - Abolitionists? Just terrified Christians! - their "some good ones" caveat could be as good as gold. It wouldn't help, as the premise it aims to polish - "white people are a monolith uniquely given to evil" - is rotten to its core. Rotted into dust; this exchange having all the scholarly, intellectual, and moral depth of a burning oil slick, about as helpful to America's appallingly overrepresented black victims of poverty and crime as the Exxon-Valdez was to local waterfowl.

Likewise, for their lukewarmly dissuading ethnocentric violence - having giddily placed it on the table to begin with. Gee, thanks, professor! You really wanted to grab that boxcutter and open my white throat, in front of my white wife and white kids, when you were behind us at the checkout with a single item - a crate of donuts - while we did our weekly shop. My own granny is far blacker than your Brownin ass, and wifey's grandparents barely escaped Nazi-occupied Poland with their lives while dozens of people they knew were exterminated by Nazis, who my great-uncle died fighting, a 33% shot at my siblings and I never existing - but we're all passingly white, and therefore, fair game for your "Eloquent Rage." What a lovely professor!

Holy fuck no. When someone, apropos of nothing but their own bad character, brings ethnocentric slaughter into a conversation, they don't get to shoo it back under the rug, then act as if they've done the rest of us a service.

Host: "So, given the complicated socioeconomic and historic factors at play here... how do we dissuade black inner-city youngsters from joining the criminal subcultures which fuel our disproportionate rates of black-on-black and black-on-other violence?"

Guest: "Well, what I want to say is, we've got to take these motherfuckers out."

Both: "Bwaaahahahahaaa!"

Host: *writhing uncontrollably in seat* "This is why I wanted you on!"

Guest: *flapping hands violently, tongue lolling out* *ahem* "But no, a project of violence would be very bad. For us."

Host: "They're sure makin' it hard, though!

Guest: "Mmm-hmmm!"
Again, I can't say for sure what precisely either of them were thinking during that session, but I can't help but find "didn't make their generally boilerplate point as well as they could have" a more plausible scenario to assume, and a prism to interpret their words through, than "so completely unhinged that nuance and moderation are completely impossible for them".
It was boilerplate, alright! A reliable pattern, straight from Hotep Race War Inc, a subsidiary of Balkan Ethnic Relations LLC, with a long history of service across time immemorial. Image

Nuance? Not here. They're both remarkably shitty speakers, writers, and apparently, thinkers. Did you hear that Saturday Morning Hotep cartoon of world history they were earnestly promoting? And moderation... if they had any instinct for it, they wouldn't be who they are. It's like pondering whether George Best might've had a healthier old age, were he not a raging alcoholic who drank himself to death twice over. This is their profession, they are well-suited for it.

Again, if you think my "they" = "black people," I can't do any more to dissuade you that I'm not a KKK-manned Hellfire drone. I can, however, list several dozen more white grifters besides DiAngelo, in on the same hustle; plus their useful idiot enablers, on top of that. We could start with some Shaun "Talcum X" King, for the former, and the recently-deceased Bob "Crazy Bob" Lee (not crazy enough, apparently) for the latter.

Hustling is a human constant. The only commonality here is a lack of scruples.

---

Oh! Speaking of: Creepy Old Man Does Creepy Thing

I dunno how true any of it is. All I know is, that's the kinda headline (and video) you can smell through your monitor. I think I'm gonna hurl, bros! 3;<

---

Shumps Friends,

Not long ago, we saw the beginnings of a momentous project: Operation Fuck Hogwarts. Now, a second, even more auspicious campaign is afoot: Operation Fuck BUD! You see, while the aforementioned Young Boys Getting Bummed At English Boarding School simulator was hated for its author's politics, BUD has become despised for its promotion of an annoying flamer! At this early stage, it seems the casual bingers are proving more motivated than the casual gamers; as while OFH's result might be summarised as "PFFF LMAO," OFB appears to rank a marginally less vaporous "Hm, interdasting!"

Or perhaps, it is the dread hand of bigotry at work :shock: Well, as before, I want to hear from you; are you participating in this important social movement? On which side? I myself enjoy the occasional bottle of wine, and sometimes a malty Guinness! But I think American beer tastes uncannily like my own piss, which I have drank to survive! So, as with Mahou Bumsex Gakuen, this is rather an easy boycott for myself. Image Even with parent company Anheuser-Busch's many tentacles in the sugary junk world - of which I rarely partake, lest my healthy pen0r shrivel up and die of the beetus, just like MovieBlob's!

Still, though - I am conflicted! Because I was most moved by this touching video (no, not touching in that sense - pace DQSH!), of a man embracing his own, TRVE identity - and all with the help of BUD! :o

Even if he ends up going "all the way," and getting jumped into his local Aztecas chapter - a few bruised ribs is one heck of a lot less debilitating than lopping off the ol' meat n' two veg! Image Image Much better food, too! :shock:
drauch

Post by drauch »

What is that sasquatch sticker on his laptop? Anyone know? I've been seeing this a lot around my place lately on cars and even a golf ball I found.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
BIL

Post by BIL »

Popular with hiking/outdoorsy types, apparently - I was wondering if it might be gang-related, a little foreshadowing of his true self :mrgreen:
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Our great culture warriors are out in force fighting against the woke mind virus that is.... the Mario movie.

The fuckin' mario movie.

Angry at Peach being a princess, angry at Mario for being a bumbling underdog, angry at Bruce for wanting to marry the lady he's obsessed with. Angry angry. At well known facts that are over forty years old by now.

Be me. From five hours ago. Uncertainty and doubt is core to the scientific method. There is little you dismiss out of hand, because you don't want to be a nut or a static unchanging NPC. A mind exists to solve problems, you are not a plant.

But of the few things that feel like solid ground to you is violently reduced to rubble under your very feet: THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO HAS A PROBLEM WITH MARIO HAVING TO USE POWER-UPS TO POWER UP IN THE MARIO MOVIE.

... just fuck. I feel like Eric Trump does, these creatures aren't human beings to me. That this is worth even a second of thought to them, let alone a minute+ of breathing out the words. Fuck you Shadiversity, I want those ten clicks I've given you over the years back.
BIL

Post by BIL »

We are in the age in which the universe is no longer just "a promised land." - Hiroyuki Maruyama

Unparalleled bounty, Bryan! And quite a bit of horror, but plus ca change! First it was John Leguizamo BAWWWing about all the HUWHITE PEEPO playing PROUD MINORITY CHARACTERS :o I remember when Leguizamo used to be funny, making quality racist jokes like "How can you tell if your baby is a guido? He won't accept a bottle without hair on the nipple." Image And who could forget TEH PEST, which introduced my generation to the ol' "Germans love scat" and "Gay people are sex-crazed monsters" things! Bwaaahahahahaaa!

And now, well, yes - the inanities you mention! Imagine giving a shit about any of this stuff, holy fuck :shock: A very similar case with Wizard Bumsex Boylove Simulator 2023 Image which saw a veritable Rhetorical Ricochet Killstreak - first drawing "LITERAL GENOCIDE" from the left, then "GET THIS MAN IN A DRESS OUTTA MUH FACE" from the right, then "HOW DARE YOU CALL THE TRANS CHARACTER SIRona RYAN" (learn British folkore, you culturally illiterate shitheels!).

I gotta admit, sometimes I get really, really fed up with the ubiquity of capeshit and Disney and various other guff. Like I just want to go "Jesus fuck! Shut the fuck up already!" But then, I remember how amusing these people are to watch, in short bursts, so much moreso than the sugary shite they are driven to consume. Image
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

I don't even know what to say about this, but it's stupid. https://www.reddit.com/r/retrogaming/co ... _than_snk/
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Not a single person suggesting "because it was first." People really don't appreciate how much time plays a role in the subjective reception of media, do they. Star Wars would be considered a niche dogshit movie if it were released today. Nothing comes from nothing, and everything gets old. Even a few years can change the landscape completely; if you're getting sick of capeshit saturation today it's nothing compared to westernshit of yesteryear.

If Fatal Fury had come out a year before Street Fighter 2 instead of vice versa, we might be living in a completely different universe eh.

... I take that back, I've apparently never played the first one and it is not Street Fighter 2. It's much closer to SF1.. Unlike the fighting games that came after, which are almost all Street Fighter 2.

Three playable characters, no variety in races, not even a token lady or monsterguy; that's bad design work, Takashi.

And what's with this music. These are not good theme songs for your heroes man... you gotta give everyone a cool theme song you just gotta. Even green guy has a theme song, and he's the jobbiest jobber that ever jobbed.

... oi, even looking at the cast of Fatal Fury 2, only Terry and Mai really stick in the mind. These other guys are worse than that rejected Street Fighter guy, Zubaz. Punch dudes are very prone to blending together, c'mon work against it a little.. They can't all be winners, but at least try for ~50%..

The diversity on the SF2 cast had to give it some universal appeal. Just having a guy shouting out attacks in your own language. I remember my brother LOVED the shit out of Guile. What's more Burgerland than a military dude and a flat-top..

.. wait, they just stole designs from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? That explains everything. SNK didn't have a prayer.
Reddit Post of the Day wrote:When I was little I asked for a "flat top". My dad agreed to let me try it out and I looked like a 7 year old Guile. I went to school and was made fun of. I went home and cried and asked for it to be made back into a normal look. I couldn't understand why Guile was so cool and i wasn't.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Wait is Mario Movie good or not?

what's the crusty take ?
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
BIL

Post by BIL »

I took MUH FAMRY to see it on Friday to celebrate the end of a hideous month moving house. I slept through the whole thing! That's a ten from me m8s. :O

Everyone loved it, but they are children and/or casuals with no standards whatsoever - I can confirm none even have the MARIO 1CC Image Nor do they even know that MARIO was famously based on old man Yamauchi's #1 hirsute PRINCETON BUMCHUM, who later died in a tragic rowing accident at the Gran Milano Classico, forever darkening the infamously gruff magnate's heart! 3;

Well, here in my new and improved heavily fortified spergbunker, I thought I was out of the race hustler game - but pace Crumpetland, which just kind of nervously tiptoes around the sweaty pile of heaving buttocks, Burgerland dives in face-first with a bib and NO RUBER. :shock: "Citi Bike Karen" didn't really move the needle, but the shamelessly grifting motherfuckers desperately fleeing its fallout sure do! Image

PROFESSOR SHIT-4-BRAINZ in: "PROFESSOR ON THE RUN!"

In which our protagonist attempts to extricate the live grenade he'd previously rammed up his own asshole, with the help of five valiant Urban Youths!

Act I THA BIG PAYDAY: "By drawing attention to our PWECIOUS BLACKMANS.TXT, this THIEVING WHITE CUNT has put them in MORTAL DANGERS!" Thats some real shit prof! Image

Act II THA CHECK DONE BOUNCED: "PLS HALP! I'm gonna get sued for talking shit!" Daaamn professor, you crazy fr! Image

Act III THE FUGITIVE: "BLACKMANS.TXT, PLS CONTACT ME URGENTLY 2 HELP A BROTHA OUT 3; 3; 3;" This motherfucker... Image In order to save his own craven hide, this motherfucker just set these five fine young bike-stealing brother mans up for a date with THA KILLA CAWPS! :shock:

It's honestly quite breathtakingly craven. Can you believe this shit?! tbh I'd hope you can, given all the Race Hustler 101 archived in this very kusothread. :cool: It is almost like normalising racism against certain approved targets leads nowhere good at all! Wow - who could have seen that coming?

Well anyway, pending the great finale of Professor's crazy adventures in defamation law, let's enjoy the Alpha Karen of the hour. "Karen Ivory" even! LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQm25YR-97U

It's THA BIG 500YRS K.O. :shock:
Spoiler

---

I can't believe Professor Shit For Brains actually cried on the tv. :? I can't even post about it here. "Black Man Gets Ass-Raped By Assertive Blonde w/ Strap On?" Yeah bit much.

Fuck it. I'm Joe Biden and that motherfucker ain't black. Bitch-ass pussyhole. You'll get that behaviour raped out of you in the colonies, boy. Crying for mercy? Over shit you fucked up? That is a privilege reserved for women, you craven little worm. And they pay for it! Imagine being terminally outclassed at any physical enterprise other than sucking dick and cranking out kids! :shock: You better have a pussy, son, or you're gonna shortly have a reasonable facsimile forcibly installed, metaphorically or otherwise. Image

It's like Shaun King I mean TALCUM X tryna weasel back into Black Privilege...

BY CALLING HIS OWN MAMA A HO Image Image :shock: WHAT THE FUCK Image Image Image THAT IS NOT HOW ANY OF THIS WORKS

What are these people on? :shock: Other than the musty stench of their own farts under the approving gaze of Moloch n' Mammon, I mean?

Speaking of! I'd been studiously ignoring the story about some dude getting his "smart devices" shut off for a week by Amazon because a delivery driver thought he heard a wacism, but now apparently Amazon themselves have confirmed it, so holy fuck.

The New Face Of Racial Terror In Burger Town / Hide Your Wife, Hide Your Kids
Spoiler
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

Where i live, we don't have this "Cancel Culture".
The only examples of it are imported products and news from U.S. here (products like remakes with discutible and/or forced changes...)...oh and the Radical Chic lobby.

We doesn't give a s**t for the Cancel Culture and normally who applies it is viewed as the dumbest hippie around. (like it should be).
We have over 2000 years of extremply deep culture and history, and NOTHING and NO ONE can "cancel" stuff because someone is offended by them. Not here or around the world!
If it offends you, is your problem!

The Cancel Culture is a way (like internet and socials) to devoid every nation of its identity, in the false name of inclusivenes.

To avoid this "morbosity with minorities", the near totality of population here, voted for the extreme right party and it won so much that there is no left opposition in the government (and this party have a direct descendant of Mussolini).

Not the same in all the EU...some countries totally lost their senses and joined it...

And the fact of arbitrary "Cancelling" something is the most nazi thing ever...

EDIT: i'm the first of LGBT Liquid persons, but i find stupid to give so much importance to your sexual tastes...IS NOT WHAT DEFINES PEOPLE!!!!
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

I think transporting members of an outgroup into a death camp and then torturing them to death is the most nazi thing ever.

Bullying/fighting with anons in text solely on the website twitter falls a little short of that imo. Considering you can like, choose what you see and hear on the internet. Seems all very voluntary. Like whipping yourself or stepping in dogshit and then complaining about it.

Of course it doesn't matter what the outgroup does. The ingroup will create any excuse why they're "the real victims" to give justification their violence and theft. (And of course to pretend their violence and theft isn't happening.) Good old martyr complex, whip themselves and then pretend to be Jesus on the cross. Same as it always is.

Wait is Mario Movie good or not?

what's the crusty take ?
It seems perfectly designed for its target audience, the kind of person who would willingly pay money to see a movie in a theater. As gross old jaded nerds, we're probably not the target audience.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

BIL wrote:but they are children and/or casuals with no standards whatsoever - I can confirm none even have the MARIO 1CC Image
i'll be honest birru it'll take me several readings to parse your last post.

but the mario 1cc and that fucking neckbeard emote absolutely killed me :lol:
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

that punch in the face looks so bad ahhahahaha.
when they show it without context. it just looks like he lamps her out of nowhere.

Even so, i understand the idea that she's been harassing people there for a while, won't leave, thinks shes fucking rosa parks or something because she has to pay for things, squaring up to cashiers much smaller than her, then following a guy into his office after refusing to leave.
After all that his punch still looks a bit to pre-emptive to be self defense, to me.
I'm on the fence about this one.

As for the Citibike thing? what the fuck man.. i'm watching that video, they're really getting into the minutiae of how long was on the bike rental? One brave downtrodden heroine in the comments actually claims the whhhite lady even ninja'd the bike and quickly paid for extra time on there during the altercation.. under the noses of the lads.txt :|
aint that some shit
BIL

Post by BIL »

BryanM wrote:I think transporting members of an outgroup into a death camp and then torturing them to death is the most nazi thing ever.
tbf, while I'm not a Nazi fanboy (many other murderous race-hygienist regimes to pick from, often much older!), and wish people in general would not invoke them so casually... another classic despot move is putting an ethnic marker on your targets, driving them out of employment and public life, while scapegoating them as the source of all your country's woes, the thing that must be eradicated for the sake of utopia.

By the time extermination camps appear, the civilisation is long dead. Not that "only" being made an untouchable pariah is much improvement, assuming whatever inertia maintains our status quo continues to hold. (boring old Reality seems to be doing a good job of it; did you hear about the Muslim White Supremacists?)

Then again, we're primarily discussing America, which historically did regard the 1920s and 1930s as a harmless dress rehearsal. Image I suppose you could make similar arguments re: England and Chamberlain!
Blinge wrote:
BIL wrote:but they are children and/or casuals with no standards whatsoever - I can confirm none even have the MARIO 1CC Image
i'll be honest birru it'll take me several readings to parse your last post.

but the mario 1cc and that fucking neckbeard emote absolutely killed me :lol:
Behold my TRUE FORM Image *shaving frantically*

that punch in the face looks so bad ahhahahaha.
when they show it without context. it just looks like he lamps her out of nowhere.

Even so, i understand the idea that she's been harassing people there for a while, won't leave, thinks shes fucking rosa parks or something because she has to pay for things, squaring up to cashiers much smaller than her, then following a guy into his office after refusing to leave.
After all that his punch still looks a bit to pre-emptive to be self defense, to me.
I'm on the fence about this one.
It's the little hands-ready juke/jive he does after that really damns the image, imo. :mrgreen: Like he's just waiting for her to stand up in dizzy, so he can QCFx2+K her clean through the wall. Image (of course having his guard up just underlines that he's defending himself from the impeccably-named Karen)

I have taken steps to have it referenced in 2023/24 first-year Criminal Law. :cool: It's a remarkably perfect problem question, being 1) farcical; a big fat IDPOL-crazed heifer running up on a dude like a DOOM monster, only to eat a frame-perfect Falcon Punch, yet 2) perfectly illustrative of legal principle; aggressor has ignored repeated requests to leave, D has taken refuge in his private quarters, since invaded, and is now literally against a wall. Even by the lamentable standards of our fair Cuck Island, forcing your way into a fleeing target's quarters will greenlight a fist in the mouth. I wish I had precedent to cite, but it's such a fucking weird (and hilarious) incident nothing comes to mind offhand. Add in the utter insanity of the casus belli - "I deserve $1000 of free shit because reparations; if I slobberingly invade rando employees' personal space, this will surely occur" - and it sounds like he was defending himself from a madwoman, maybe not far off the truth.

"People who are backed into a corner have a duty to respond the right way" she says. Image He did, it's called "hit them until aggression has ceased." I don't blame him, that was one big ol' heffalump - too much blubber to comfortably brush away or hold at arm's length, not that I've any doubt an extended arm would've been seized upon as HE HIT ME BAWWW for further escalation - and she demonstrably wasn't gonna back down in her fight against White Supremacy, ie having to pay for things. At best, another gross FUPA-bump would ensue, ewwww! Also keep in mind this is Burgerland, where everybody has a gun. :lol: But no attorney is gonna take that case, even here, were she to tort him/them. Not unless she pays up-front in full, of course. Image

He might've killed her, of course, as there's always a risk of doing with a blow to the head, especially one that sends the target to the ground. It'd go from comedy to tragedy, then. Because she's black and he'd be on trial for Triple Racist Super Murder. I wonder how Daniel Penny and Jordan Williams will fare? It seems being around black lunatics is one bad spot to be in at the moment!

COLLARED: The New Face Of The KKK Image Image Image Image
Spoiler

As for the Citibike thing? what the fuck man.. i'm watching that video, they're really getting into the minutiae of how long was on the bike rental? One brave downtrodden heroine in the comments actually claims the whhhite lady even ninja'd the bike and quickly paid for extra time on there during the altercation.. under the noses of the lads.txt :|
aint that some shit
Basically, genius scholar wanted to keep the bike, but was at his time limit, so he docked it, ending his contract and avoiding a late return fee. While it was docked, a woman walked up and rented it.

Because he is a mannerless slob - based on his actions, and if his mouthy cunt of a sister is anything to go by - a confrontation ensued, during which he used superior male strength and numbers to forcibly return the bike to its dock, terminating the woman's lease, before attempting to lease it to himself. Eventually, one of his mates did the right thing and offered his own bike, which is particularly admirable as, in the confusion, he may not have realised Dr. Future Astronaut (PBUH) had strong-armed the bike away from its rightful leaser.

Anyone still arguing this case in his favour will benefit from a hard shot to the liver and a followup five-man lights-out stomping. Paired with generous amounts of ice and bed rest, this will neatly illustrate the principle - overwhelming unjust force - at the heart of this matter. If it'd been one woman attempting to strong-arm a bike away from five men who'd rightfully hired it, you'd never have heard about this.

Unless, I'm forced to conclude, she was black and they were white. Image

As said though, none of this is all that remarkable. Just the usual IDPOL-poisoned nonsense Burgerland cranks out 24/7. But the aftermath? The Race Hustler 101 professor openly crying on television to not get ass-raped by the woman's legal counsel? :lol: :lol: :lol: He sells a shirt reading "Wish a [white woman] would." Now one has, and he's weeping for mercy. Image

This is my second-favourite currently-airing show. :cool: Imagine gleefully making targets of your national majority's women, or any women, really - but especially the ones with the most men to burn your house down with you and your family barricaded inside it. Then playing the victim. Holy fuck, typically this kind of brass neck requires a crack scriptwriter. Tres living in fear of White Rage mirite!
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Seems like the Wait But Why guy spent seven years of his life writing a book to complain about wokeness, cultural warriors, and actively caring about changing anything.
The title of Urban’s book is literally What’s Our Problem? Somehow the answer he comes up with isn’t, “We’re moving aggressively toward World War III and billions of people live in preventable misery.” It’s, “American politics are too tribal and people are rude to each other, plus those woke people are The Real Authoritarians
Seven years to generate a liberal screed is absolutely pathetic. I could have done the same thing in half a year: copying and pasting a bunch of awful neoliberal memes and talking points isn't exactly hard work. 120 pages a month is ez as heck to do.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

This just in from Magic: The Gathering - Aragorn is Black Now and you're racist if you don't like it!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.thegamer.com/magic-the-gath ... cist-trap/

sorry, i'm a bit late to this party.
but YT's algo wanted to up my race outrage a bit today it seems.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Heh, that's a pretty good troll. I remember the ocean of seethe and rage that came from Grand Theft Auto San Andreas's main character. The free advertising will definitely make them some money. They've been putting a lot of effort into getting press in "normie" circles.

On the grand scale of things Wizards and Hasbro has done, this doesn't even rank. Their anniversary "celebration" product, proxies of a product they promised to never make, $1,000 for 1/50th of something that used to cost ~$80 (that's a ~625x markup), managed to unite the entire base in hatred. Their "double feature" set, which was just the two previous sets combined with a greyscale filter applied over the cards so you couldn't identify what the hell anything was, was also lol worthy. They're really taking the whole "minimum viable product" strategy to heart!

The cartoonish greed has been a source of great entertainment. The "fireside chat" they had to calm down investors with the Hasbro CEO reading the wikipedia article to explain what Magic is, talking about their experiences at cocktail parties, classic classic.

I don't feel bad for the dumb shits who refuse to play a different game, they deserve everything they get; but I do feel bad for the players whose sole socialization comes from the game. It's a monetized form of friendship to a lot of nerds, and scattering across a bunch of different game makes it harder to play games together.

As far as gacha games go though, it's really a dogshit kind of psychological abuse. Nothing done in digital really tops holding contact with flesh and blood people behind a paywall.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Next thing you know they'll make Lorne black, despite Maine being even whiter than Numenor and 1930s England combined! 3;

(and the guys plowing his latest catfish white!)

Always remember you're observing a minority of fanatics and their virtue-starved useful idiot apologists, young Burinju (■`w´■) TheGamer is the same menses rag that gave lovable Mahou Bumsex Gakuen: Trans Genocide Now a zero out of ten, from a random bloke in a dress they parachuted in for the occasion. Image

Did you know the same geniuses are now boycotting Final Pantyseat MCLMVIII, because not enough black people in muh Jarpig? Another sterling success in the making! Just like the MBG:TGN boycott, and NETFLIX CLEOPATRA, from that creepy cunt Will Smith calls his wife!

This stuff is noise. A waste of time. And money. A great big pseudo-moralistic jerkoff for noodle-dicked white neckbeards who'd shit their pants in terror if they encountered a black person in their bughive hallway. Good for a morbid laugh but not worth thinking about beyond that.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

My favorite was the Left Four Dead 2 boycott. People were pizzed they were releasing a sequel (that'd be basically the same thing) one year after the first game came out, instead of building on the game that already existed. So of course most people who were invested enough to sign the thing bought the game day one. Gamers, amirite.

Blizzard boys bitching about their treatment is also full of schadenfreude; yeah the Warcraft 3 crowd didn't deserve to have a game they bought twenty years ago taken away from them and ripped to shreds. But after that, everyone else that keeps giving them money deserves everything that's done to them. Play a different game for the love of god....

On one of the Will Smith eats spaghetti videos, one of the commenters said "Now the real question is if AI can make Will Smith a wife that actually loves him." It burned so hard.

William deserves what he gets, too. Most people would have divorced a few thousand times by now, so you can only assume that he likes it.

Addicts, man.