Crimzon Clover World Explosion (Switch)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
XoPachi

Re: Crimzon Clover World Explosion (Switch)

Post by XoPachi »

i like this game

Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:So it'll be 2nd quarter of 2023 when First Press Games finally delivers the bundled CC Switch sets then? That'll easily be over 2 1/2 years of patiently waiting since preorders opened back in September of 2021. FPG sure is taking their slow-ass time with CC Switch indeed.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
At least they've set expectations by keeping us updated with realistic dates. They let us know it was going to be a long wait last year. I'd rather have that than companies that are promising everything's about to come out next week but then a year later nothing's shipped.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

This is a still a preorder item?

I want to buy it but I'm not happy about waiting years for it, even if I purchased it today.

I can see at the top of the website it says "Coming soon". The game has been finished a long time so the only thing they need is the card/cartridge and some packaging.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
ThundergunExpress

Post by ThundergunExpress »

neorichieb1971 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:15 pm This is a still a preorder item?

I want to buy it but I'm not happy about waiting years for it, even if I purchased it today.

I can see at the top of the website it says "Coming soon". The game has been finished a long time so the only thing they need is the card/cartridge and some packaging.
Pre-orders opened up in September, 2021 I'm pretty sure. I pre-ordered a year ago after at least a delay or two, thinking that I'd get by the end of 2022 because at that point they had just delivered on releasing some other games. They'll wait until we're in whatever period they have listed for ETA to only silently push it further and further out- without emailing, tweeting, or anything resembling actual communication.

I have almost written off the idea of ever receiving my copy. I know First Press has released games before, but not sure that means too much- I think Dispatch released something before turning out to be a complete scam. I'm 80% sure that I just threw away the preorder money.

Regardless of what happens, I can't stand limited print companies in general and only make exceptions for things I have no other options for that I truly love from LRG, Super Deluxe (LRG Japan), and Strictly Limited Games. Those listed may take a long time, but they are usually at least fairly consistent on releasing when they say or communicating ahead of time about delays. Super Deluxe is my favorite because it's through Amazon JP, so at least I have protection as a buyer and don't give a penny until it ships.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

ThundergunExpress wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:15 am
neorichieb1971 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:15 pm This is a still a preorder item?

Pre-orders opened up in September, 2021 I'm pretty sure. I pre-ordered a year ago after at least a delay or two, thinking that I'd get by the end of 2022 because at that point they had just delivered on releasing some other games. They'll wait until we're in whatever period they have listed for ETA to only silently push it further and further out- without emailing, tweeting, or anything resembling actual communication.

I have almost written off the idea of ever receiving my copy. I know First Press has released games before, but not sure that means too much- I think Dispatch released something before turning out to be a complete scam. I'm 80% sure that I just threw away the preorder money.

Regardless of what happens, I can't stand limited print companies in general and only make exceptions for things I have no other options for that I truly love from LRG, Super Deluxe (LRG Japan), and Strictly Limited Games. Those listed may take a long time, but they are usually at least fairly consistent on releasing when they say or communicating ahead of time about delays. Super Deluxe is my favorite because it's through Amazon JP, so at least I have protection as a buyer and don't give a penny until it ships.
Has the game had recent updates? Sometimes like in the case of "Cuphead" it didn't get released physical until it was done done. When I saw the preorder was paypal I decided against putting my cash in right now. I am a later comer to the party on this one I am glad I didn't know about it earlier I'd have pulled the trigger and be waiting like the rest of you.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Does Worst Press Games actually do cancellations/refunds for stuff that hasn't shipped yet? I checked their TOS and I didn't see anything about it, but fuck those guys. I'll take a refund for my Ginga Force + Natsuki Chronicles at this point, and the cool part is that since I paid in USD and because the yen has become completely fucking worthless since then I'll actually make a profit if they were to refund me!
Samildanach

Post by Samildanach »

I managed to eventually squeeze a refund out of them for Natsuki and Ginga a year and a bit ago after multiple emails to them. I gave up on them because it was taking suspiciously long even back then. I can't believe they still haven't delivered...well I can actually, the Ponzi-scheme-scammy bastards!
ThundergunExpress

neorichieb1971 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:44 pm
ThundergunExpress wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:15 am

Has the game had recent updates? Sometimes like in the case of "Cuphead" it didn't get released physical until it was done done. When I saw the preorder was paypal I decided against putting my cash in right now. I am a later comer to the party on this one I am glad I didn't know about it earlier I'd have pulled the trigger and be waiting like the rest of you.
Oh, yeah I also had a similar thought for the first three months, but Crimzon Clover has been at ver. 1.0 since it released. All they had to do was put it on a cartridge and assemble packaging. Which is a big part of the reason why I think that this is a scam, or at least a situation where they need to fund prior order fulfillment with new game pre-orders.

I'm pretty frustrated that they also somehow are releasing Chained Echoes- they didn't fool me with that one.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

It sounds to me like they have best intentions but for some reason are unable to fulfill the orders. Or maybe they need to meet a quota of cartridges before they get the greenlight to start producing. If people are cancelling thats just making matters worse.

Best thing for them is to be transparent. But as we all know these days thats the last thing folk think of. They would rather hide under a rock then tell the truth.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Has First Press released anything on time-ish? I was considering buying Goodboy Galaxy, but if everything is going to have these years-long delay, I'm not so sure.
Samuray

Post by Samuray »

Ms. Tea wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:56 pm Has First Press released anything on time-ish? I was considering buying Goodboy Galaxy, but if everything is going to have these years-long delay, I'm not so sure.
Not really, but I talked to the owner a while ago and he's well aware of how sucky everything looks / is. Massive string of bad luck combined with sub-optimal decisions on his part, I think. Anyway, there's movement with the components so I'm hopeful there'll be stuff going out soon-ish, but of course I'm not sure myself. Still, I keep my orders open. WHEN First Press delivers, the quality is absolutely magnificent. My standard of Rival Megagun puts many smaller collector's editions to shame, so there's that.
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

Guess it's not coming out Q3 2023 :roll:
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

I don't think they've updated the status since early in the year when it changed to "submitted to lot check". The game has been complete for years now and yet you STILL can't can't get it slapped on a cart?

I don't understand why it's so hard to just provide a quick update. Why these companies are silent for ages until they get enough pokes and cancelled orders to actually come out with something. As soon as you know it's not going to meet the release date you should get an update out to customers and prospective customers. Even acknowledging it's delayed and you don't know when it'll happen is better than silence and a stealth delay by a year. Have First Press even addressed Crimzon Clover since opening pre-orders?

I'd love to pick this up, but it was due Q3 2022 until it wasn't... then it was Q3 2023 and now it isn't. So when is it? Shame there isn't a JP physical release to just import - seems like the best way forward these days, everyone seems crap at providing basic updates.
ThundergunExpress

I agree with you that the radio silence is much worse than just coming out and being upfront about delays.

As far as I know they have not addressed Crimzon Clover at all. From what I remember (never used the hellhole Twitter.) I heard that they disable replies and delete tweets that call them out- definitely scammy behavior.

Has anyone tried reaching out to CLOVER TAC at all regarding this? Doubt it would change anything but I'd like to think he'd care about how his game is being handled for physical release- though I bet he's also already well aware. I guess I'd be interested to read his thoughts on this regardless.
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

Funny how First Press went from providing a realistic release date to just bumping it up a quarter everytime they missed the delivery date to not even bothering to update the release date anymore. Are they even still in business?
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

ThundergunExpress wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:29 pm I agree with you that the radio silence is much worse than just coming out and being upfront about delays.

As far as I know they have not addressed Crimzon Clover at all. From what I remember (never used the hellhole Twitter.) I heard that they disable replies and delete tweets that call them out- definitely scammy behavior.

Has anyone tried reaching out to CLOVER TAC at all regarding this? Doubt it would change anything but I'd like to think he'd care about how his game is being handled for physical release- though I bet he's also already well aware. I guess I'd be interested to read his thoughts on this regardless.
First Press has always done this. Psychotic Adventures Origins has been in the same status of needing a patch since 2019.

The guy behind Project Blue even made a callout thread noting he tried to contact them to take his game off sale, and they just ignore him and give him excuses for why the Famicom CE isnt done yet. Told him a new ETA of this quarter and I have the feeling he'll grill them hard if they kick the can on him again (especially since they refused to pay him until said thread went live.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/LimitedPrintGa ... s_games_3/

My guess is FPG suffered from the fallout of the limprint boom coming to an end and when nothing sold out immediately, they lacked actual money to produce this stuff. Why they won't be honest and upfront on ETAs rather than keep advertising on reddit and socials with disabled comments (and ignoring PR inquires) is beyond me.
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

At this point seems safe to assume that FPG has just run out of money and they're not making this anymore?
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

ASDR wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:46 pm At this point seems safe to assume that FPG has just run out of money and they're not making this anymore?
they keep dodging social media inquiries, multiple people on the reddit I know have tried asking for refunds and get ignored, (despite that being illegal by German consumer laws, since FPG is situated in germany, and they only seem to actually give a refund if you bring that up) and they pretty much seem content to just plug their ears and pretend everything is fine. Nobody I know has been able to reach them, and there's just general difficulty from the dev side on that too, including some devs like the Project Blue, Mindseize, Psychotic Adventures and POWA guys.

The only thing that seems to have any semblance of progress so far, is Chained Echoes where they share the occasional pic of a box sleeve or cover art (claiming the delays are due to some printing problems, which... ha...), and it seems to me they're solely focusing on that game and that game only because it's the only one that sold a damn. Considering several devs noted being ghosted by FPG and not even paid until they make a public stink, I don't think CC or any other pending game will see the light of day... Especially the CEs.

I'd recommend asking FPG for a refund, but since they constantly ignore requests and have to be legally threatened to even fulfill any, I don't have much hope in that either. Whoever developed/published the game on the eShop should be contacted, as maybe they can pull some leverage for an update (and publicly call out FPG if they too, are unpaid). Dunno how I'd go about doing that though.

I honestly cannot believe I've seen people on reddit and other places actually have faith in these guys and act like them shuttering their entire social media from outside comments is anything remotely trustworthy. You just don't do that in business. If even devs have a hard time contacting you, (and the project blue dev outright filed a takedown order to get his Famicom cart pulled from their store due to nonpayment, which they just ignored) then that is a very bad sign and I consider these guys dispatch tier.
Steven

Post by Steven »

I just requested a refund for Ginga Force + Natsuki Chronicles. Hopefully they actually get it to me, or even respond at all. I am not especially confident that I will get anything, but it's worth trying.

I'll give them a day or two to respond. If they don't, I'll try threatening them with legal stuff to see what happens.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

A Japanese company like LiveWire or City Connection should of handled this release. Really sucks these shady 3rd party limited publishers keep having to try to get them out to everyone.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

SeafoamGaming wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:39 am I'd recommend asking FPG for a refund
I would've only considered buying from them with PayPal and not pre-ordering since buyer protection expires after 180 days. Item not received cases should be an easy win.

The entire thing seems like a ponzi scheme at this point. They apparently don't have the capital to actually produce all these releases but they keep taking pre-order money hoping they can get to a point of liquidity again?
Tokyo-J wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:45 am A Japanese company like LiveWire or City Connection should of handled this release
Would sure love to just add a copy to my next Amazon JPN order...

What about NGDevTeam? Seems like they recently got into publishing for 3rd parties with Gun Vein.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

ASDR wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:48 am
The entire thing seems like a ponzi scheme at this point. They apparently don't have the capital to actually produce all these releases but they keep taking pre-order money hoping they can get to a point of liquidity again?
Careful with that "P" word.
Last time it was used to relate what has become of these boutique publishing companies, a few members here became quite offended at such a comparison.
guigui

Post by guigui »

I did not follow the whole CC thing but here is my situation summed up : ordered the most collector edition when it appeared on the site, did not get any info about it since then.

Should I expect to not receive anything and loose my money ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
SeafoamGaming

Post by SeafoamGaming »

Koa Zo wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:21 pm
ASDR wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:48 am
Careful with that "P" word.
Last time it was used to relate what has become of these boutique publishing companies, a few members here became quite offended at such a comparison.
Honest to god even for the limprints that aren't close to that like Limited Run (have so many reasons to dislike em, I am the Shiren PC Collector Edition guy after all, but they have more than enough money in the bank that they won't go under), almost every single one of them is just run with very poor communication as if the people running them assume it's mandatory to just not give status updates. Super Rare Games is the only one I know of who seems remotely prompt about anything.

But Strictly Limited and First Press? Yeah they're clearly ponzi like at this point because their old shit didn't sell well and oops they can't make old shit without money but rather than... I dunno, coming clean and admitting things didn't work out and cancelling the release, they just string along people for years and years kicking the can down the road.

That happened to Dispatch Games too and look at them now. Dude behind the company literally went ghost and the company's license got revoked ages ago because they clearly ran outta money by banking on a FOMO trend that crashed and burned for them. They're basically shut down yet you still see people pinging them as if they're gonna provide an update on Tengoku/Radirgy (the latter they have zero rights to now) any day now. Even if let's say, CC gets shipped this year by some freak miracle, it doesn't erase the years of very awful behavior FPG has done towards their dev partners and customers.
Steven wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:08 am I just requested a refund for Ginga Force + Natsuki Chronicles. Hopefully they actually get it to me, or even respond at all. I am not especially confident that I will get anything, but it's worth trying.

I'll give them a day or two to respond. If they don't, I'll try threatening them with legal stuff to see what happens.
Did you just order the standard editions? Those are in hand and shipping since June, but who knows if they do them in weird batches or not. I'm amazed those two got made at all, to be bluntly honest. The CEs sure as hell won't be made at this rate. Either way, good luck, and I'd advise constantly emailing em every few days no matter what until they reply. Also if they go and say "oh yeah we'll refund you to your paypal in X number of days" if they end up asking you for your paypal, be sure to follow through on that; some people got told they'd be refunded, then never got it.
LDigital

Post by LDigital »

I’m not not sure if it’s been mention in this thread before but after resigning myself that I will never receive my switch cartridge of this, I caved and bought the digital version.

The music quality, sample rate on this release is rough!! It had me trouble shooting my entire audio setup baciase it sounded blown out and terrible before I realised it was crystal clear on other games and isolated to clover. The game isn’t even a big download so I have no idea why they compressed the audio so horribly
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

LDigital wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:05 pm I’m not not sure if it’s been mention in this thread before but after resigning myself that I will never receive my switch cartridge of this, I caved and bought the digital version.

The music quality, sample rate on this release is rough!! It had me trouble shooting my entire audio setup baciase it sounded blown out and terrible before I realised it was crystal clear on other games and isolated to clover. The game isn’t even a big download so I have no idea why they compressed the audio so horribly
Huh, I've heard nothing but praise for the port so far. Do you have a version on another platform to compare?
LDigital

Post by LDigital »

No, just other switch shmups. For some reason the sample rate ok CC is really low or the compression is too high. It sounds awful through headphones