Andro Dunos 2

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Strider77

Re: Andro Dunos 2

Post by Strider77 »

DC version was a waste of time.... AWFUL initial load. I could deal with that because it's a one and done.

But the framerate is not 60 *fart noise*.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Steven

Post by Steven »

I got my Dreamcast copy of this today and it's garbage. After about 90 seconds of loading, you get a ~30FPS game with artwork that looks glitchy/corrupted as early as the title screen, just like on 3DS.

Fuck PixelHeart/JoshProd/whatever the hell this company's name is for mangling this cool and good game on two separate platforms. This game deserves better than this. Fortunately, the PC version exists. Don't buy the gimmick versions on Dreamcast or 3DS, as they are a waste of money.

At least I got the Dreamcast version with the soundtrack, so the only positive part of all of this is that I have the OST. The funniest thing about it is that they put the OST in the front of the jewel case and the game disc in the back, as if they knew which one of the discs was good and which was shit. It's as if I bought the soundtrack and they threw in a bad version of the game as a bonus.
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

Steven wrote:It's as if I bought the soundtrack and they threw in a bad version of the game as a bonus.
That sucks to hear, and I'm sorry you had to pay for it. But if it's any consolation, I find that comment hilarious!

Thanks for the heads up.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I was hoping that the Dreamcast port of Andro Dunos 2 would be a silky-smooth 60fps stg experience (that could finally be played in 240p on a low-res arcade monitor setup with the right down-conversion equipment) and not this crappy current 30fps DC port affair. I'm sure Pixel Heart/Josh Prod know that the DC can play some slick 60fps stg titles these days. Oh well.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Steven

Post by Steven »

I still can't believe how long it took to load the game. It was well over a minute. My Dreamcast's laser is super loud when it seeks, and in this case it was mostly silent and the loading screen doesn't have a spinning thing or a progress meter or anything, so for about the first half of the loading period I thought that my Dreamcast was broken before it actually started making noise.
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

Thats a shame about the 3DS port because thats like the only traditional STG on the system that isnt an NES port.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

XoPachi wrote:Thats a shame about the 3DS port because thats like the only traditional STG on the system that isnt an NES port.
Thunderforce 3, Fantasy Zone 1+2, Steel Empire...
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

For those interested in playing the original game, it's getting a PC/Steam release as part of a VISCO Collection.

The store page is now up:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2506 ... ollection/
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

For those interested, a website posted an English interview with RYO of Picorinne Soft, where he speaks a bit about Andro Dunos 2 (and their other games):

https://indietsushin.net/posts/2023-09- ... w-with-RYO
BIL

Post by BIL »

FunktionJCB wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:17 am For those interested, a website posted an English interview with RYO of Picorinne Soft, where he speaks a bit about Andro Dunos 2 (and their other games):
Delightful read, thanks for sharing. :smile:
baconcow

Post by baconcow »

You can currently get the Steam version in a Fanatical bundle ("Build your own Premiere Bundle") for as low as $2.00 USD/$2.54 CAD.
Enemy

Post by Enemy »

So ... I picked this up cheap on uk estore for switch. I see they have added scanlines via a crt option but have also forced the barrel effect as well. I'm gathering this is forced and no option just to have scanlines?

If forced then wtf were they thinking.