Andro Dunos 2

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Creamy Goodness

Re: Andro Dunos 2

Post by Creamy Goodness »

Is it worth the $40 price tag for the physical? I am on the fence about this one. It looks like it could be good, but it also kind of looks like one of those Astroport Shmup Collection games.
Steven

Post by Steven »

I cannot wait for this game. Andro Dunos on the Neo Geo is awesome and this was one of my most anticipated games for last year before it got delayed. Got Dreamcast Space Songs edition because fuck yeah Dreamcast and 3DS because why not? Can't wait for the PC release tonight. I plan to stay up late to buy it and play it even though I have to get ready to go to work like 7 hours after it releases because sleep can go to hell.

I might get the physical Switch version as well if I like it (and I probably will because Picorinne Soft), but I don't really think I need both the PC and PS4 versions. I do hope the Dreamcast versions of both Andro Dunos and Andro Dunos II run okay, though...
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

The PC version is out on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1856 ... _Dunos_II/

Nice price. :)
Steven

Post by Steven »

Wait WTF it's out early! It said 9 hours left 3 hours ago! Hell yes!

Insta-bought. I have stuff to do for work right now so I can't play it yet, but once I have time...
Loom1es

Post by Loom1es »

Playing the game on Steam and its fantastic. Its old school retro done right. The initial screen tearing was not great and i forced it on in the Nvidia settings, i also had to deselect the Timer Syncz option in the Launch options.
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

As someone who likes the original AD (and Picorinne's games, to some extent) I just can't get over the fact that this pastiche-like approach to Visco franchises is a disservice to them (and quite lame), but if the announced DC version is 240p I'll bite.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

Wow…
Watched some gameplay and…
Wow.

Looks pretty awesome.
Great STG vibes.
Steven

Post by Steven »

I have played this game for 35 minutes according to Steam and got a game over on stage 7. This game is good. Buy it.

AND
RO.
DUN
OS.
RES
URR
ECT
ION
!!!
miwa

Post by miwa »

Alright, alright, Nintendolife gives it a 9 out of 10 and after watching some gameplay I'm sold.

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/sw ... ro-dunos-2
Steven

Post by Steven »

Bassa-Bassa wrote: if the announced DC version is 240p I'll bite.
Picorinne Soft just confirmed that the PC version runs at 320x240. You might get your wish.

This game is pretty decent. I finally decided to try the original Andro Dunos on the MiSTer with autofire, and although I always liked it, I have gained a new appreciation for how good it is. Autofire really does make the game a hell of a lot more fun to play.
jehu

Post by jehu »

miwa wrote:Alright, alright, Nintendolife gives it a 9 out of 10 and after watching some gameplay I'm sold.

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/sw ... ro-dunos-2
Like to see the praise, but his 'this game has 10 stages, and that's a little too long' thing is mistaken. I just don't think the reviewer made it through the game, and I understand how he got '10.' There are 10 slots in the 'stage select' menu, but there are some bonus materials to unlock that aren't part of the set of arcade stages.
SPM

Post by SPM »

^How long does a full run take? I personally don't care much about the number of stages but rather the overall length
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
jehu

Post by jehu »

Unscientific answer, but around 30 minutes. 7 stages at around 4 minutes each. I haven't had time to go through the whole game again, but I played a couple stages and that's how I got the ~4 min levels.

Full disclosure: there are still two blank slots in my 'Stage Select' screen, and I'm not sure what they are yet. There's the 7 from the 'Arcade' - you beat the 7 and hit the 'Credits' screen - and one 'SP' Boss Rush level. There might be a couple hidden levels if you play at higher difficulties, or finish the Boss Rush, or get through it with a 1CC (haven't managed it yet). If someone figures out what all the slots are, let us all know - I'm curious.
KAI

Post by KAI »

So, anyone here knows how to mod music files on stgbuilder?
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Wow, from gameplay vids this looks spectacular. What a pleasant surprise that no one was asking for, or expecting.
Steven

Post by Steven »

jehu wrote:Unscientific answer, but around 30 minutes. 7 stages at around 4 minutes each. I haven't had time to go through the whole game again, but I played a couple stages and that's how I got the ~4 min levels.

Full disclosure: there are still two blank slots in my 'Stage Select' screen, and I'm not sure what they are yet. There's the 7 from the 'Arcade' - you beat the 7 and hit the 'Credits' screen - and one 'SP' Boss Rush level. There might be a couple hidden levels if you play at higher difficulties, or finish the Boss Rush, or get through it with a 1CC (haven't managed it yet). If someone figures out what all the slots are, let us all know - I'm curious.
From what I have seen, there are apparently remakes of stages 1 and 3 from the original Andro Dunos, so 7 stages + boss rush + 2 remake stages. I don't know how to unlock them, though.
Aurel

Post by Aurel »

Native support of the steam version added in last ArcCabView release :)

Nice game :)
heli

Post by heli »

It is not fair, i pre-ordered one of the first, no mail today nothing.
Steven

Post by Steven »

5CC (lol) complete and this game is pretty damn excellent. This is going to be a fun no miss.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

heli wrote:It is not fair, i pre-ordered one of the first, no mail today nothing.
Hehe, I know the feeling. Waiting patiently for my 3DS copy 8)
Really interested to see how they implemented the stereoscopic effect :D
BEAMLORD

Post by BEAMLORD »

^^^ Hope those scan lines come to Switch ^^^
Aurel

Post by Aurel »

BEAMLORD wrote:^^^ Hope those scan lines come to Switch ^^^
No hope at all : ArcCabView is a reshade shader...
BTW it can be used with switch emu...
BEAMLORD

Post by BEAMLORD »

Well, damn. Thanks for explaining though
moonblood

Post by moonblood »

heli wrote:It is not fair, i pre-ordered one of the first, no mail today nothing.
No mail yet for me either and I pre ordered months ago. My order says 'processing'. Guess we will get a tracking mail monday. Would have been nice if they had shipped pre orders a few days early so we could've had it on release but if I waited this long I guess I can wait a couple more days.
It begins in deep space warped by evil power
Stevas

Post by Stevas »

No scanlines or filter means this game looks like absolute arse on a 55", and the 20 seconds it took me to discover that will remain the entirety of it's playtime.
Oh well.
Again.
I will never understand how you humans can play shit looking like this.
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

That's why shaders were invented, check Aurel's post. Though has it been measured how much input lag does reshade add or is that ArcCabView fork optimized in this regard?
Stevas

Post by Stevas »

I'm on PS4/5, so it's just pretty much already doomed to quickly disappear from my OS screen and never be played again, I'm afraid.
Maybe they'll add some... But past experience suggests not.

Edit: that ArcCab stuff will work on a deck, right?
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

Stevas wrote:No scanlines or filter means this game looks like absolute arse on a 55", and the 20 seconds it took me to discover that will remain the entirety of it's playtime.
Oh well.
Again.
I will never understand how you humans can play shit looking like this.
“Again”

The silly humans (who value gameplay over scanlines filters) are all really impressed at your elitist ability to buy things without researching them first.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Switch version runs well but lacks any scaling options. PC version at least has options that divide into 320x240. Switch version is not integer scaled and it shows.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Even if you set the Switch resolution to 720?