Ginga Force and Natsuki Chronicles heading for Steam & PS4

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
cfx

Re: Ginga Force and Natsuki Chronicles heading for Steam & PS4

Post by cfx »

Coincidentally I was thinking about you and this last night. Checking that "release progress" list at FPG, every single thing on it is listed now as Q3 2023; a few do show "in assembly" so maybe will just barely miss the deadline and actually ship soon; of course yours isn't part of that.

In the current LRG thread there's that stupid kerfuffle about Ponzi schemes. I don't think First Press Games is doing that either, but I do suspect they are counting on a significant part of the limited run of a particular game selling to preorders to finance getting that game produced. The only version of Ginga Force and Natsuki Chronicles that hos sold out even now is the combo mega version that you bought; the individual CEs of the two games with only 750 copies each, are still available, over 2-1/2 years after initial preorders went up.

After waiting so long for my regular editions I still haven't gotten around to really playing them. I did check out both briefly and liked what I played.

The way Natsuki's arcade mode is set up I found interesting; it's like a separate version of the game with its own title screen and options menu. Besides the obvious changes in game structure and that it has normal power ups, it also totally removes all of the dialogue which surprised me a bit that wasn't an option instead.