Cotton Reboot, COTTON ROCK N' ROLL 2 ANNOUNCED!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!

Choose

BIG
9%
COT
16%
TON
15%
PAN
30%
TSU
31%

Total votes: 101

Shelcoof

Re: Cotton Reboot, COTTON ROCK N' ROLL 2 ANNOUNCED!

Post by Shelcoof »

hamfighterx wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:52 pm The Japanese Switch/PS5 retail release of Rainbow Cotton has what appears to be a significant delay. Playasia emailed me today to note that the previously scheduled April 18, 2024 release date has been updated and is now listed as Dec 31, 2024 (obviously a placeholder date, but that would imply a fairly lengthy delay regardless). Of course, I had just ordered the Switch cart less than a week ago since it was getting close to release. Mmhmm.

Thanks for the info
Glad I dodged a bullet

Love the original Ok Dreamcast
I'll probably continue to enjoy it there

All these ports bow a days have such bad input delay
Steven

Post by Steven »

Hey WTF is there no teacup for this? I CAN'T HAVE COTTON WITHOUT THE TEACUP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Uh

yeah

I guess I will check this out... maybe? I'm not really sure yet.

I also just found out that Columbus Circle is reprinting Panorama Cotton and the release date is in 2 days! What the hell? How did I not know about this? Maybe this is a new batch or something, but 1983 is getting them in on the 28th. I don't really like this game because of how incredibly choppy it is and Columbus Circle carts are AliExpress bootleg tier quality, but it's going to be available if anyone wants it. It has the teacup, too.

Bic Camera and Amazon also have it. Interesting. Looks like this was announced a while ago and either we all missed the announcement or nobody posted about it, but here it is: https://www.columbuscircle.co.jp/produc ... 9233&ca=22
cfx

Post by cfx »

A number of Strictly Limited's Cotton games are in a 3 for €66 deal, and since they're ones already released there shouldn't be any delay in actually getting anything.
Warp_Rattler

Post by Warp_Rattler »

hamfighterx wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:52 pm The Japanese Switch/PS5 retail release of Rainbow Cotton has what appears to be a significant delay. Playasia emailed me today to note that the previously scheduled April 18, 2024 release date has been updated and is now listed as Dec 31, 2024 (obviously a placeholder date, but that would imply a fairly lengthy delay regardless). Of course, I had just ordered the Switch cart less than a week ago since it was getting close to release. Mmhmm.
I took a look at Strictly Limited's website a few days ago to see if they were still claiming an April release and noticed that their release date had slipped to "Winter 2024/25." I didn't think much of it beyond potentially being a more accurate release window given their current progress with their backlog. Just now seeing this, and it looks like the problem might actually be bigger than SLG, for once.

Now the question is: will the digital version make its scheduled release later this month (the lack of listings in online storefronts does not inspire confidence)? Or is this an issue with the revamped game itself that goes beyond the mysteries of physical production workflow and timelines?

I guess I shouldn't complain because the last ~4 years have been an absolute feast of Cotton titles, but I'm really looking forward to giving this black sheep of the series another shot to see if it can be improved by modern QOL options.
cfx

Post by cfx »

The video that ININ put on youtube two weeks ago has a May 9, 2024 date at the end of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bExfpAE0Lcg

From the ININ Japan website: http://iningames.jp/games/rainbow-cotton/
ININ Games website wrote:サクセスの大人気コットンシリーズより「レインボーコットン」をリメイクし、2024年初夏にNintendo Switch/PlayStation®️5/4、Xbox One、Steam 版を発売します。
Early summer 2024 according to that.

They don't distinguish between physical and digital so they presumably mean both. CDJapan still lists April 18 and Amiami says mid-April. Famitsu.com's release schedule still says spring 2024.

EDIT: Playasia now shows a placeholder December 31, 2024 date for the Japanese version:
https://www.play-asia.com/rainbow-cotto ... /13/70gn0t