Gleylancer Reprint

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
pablumatic

Re: Gleylancer Reprint

Post by pablumatic »

MintyTheCat wrote:I'd be very happy to see Eliminate Down being reprinted.
Same. I put my request in for Eliminate Down yesterday.
moonblood

Post by moonblood »

pablumatic wrote:
moonblood wrote:Oh, I meant released on a Genesis / MD cart again like Gleylancer and those Toaplan games. It's one of those I really regret selling a bunch of years back even though I have an everdrive now. It would just be nice to own a physical copy of it again without having to pay silly money.
Retro-bit has a form for reprint suggestions going on right now if you're interested in giving them your request.

https://twitter.com/RetroBitGaming/stat ... 2412976129
Thanks! I've suggested MUSHA now :)
It begins in deep space warped by evil power
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

pablumatic wrote:
MintyTheCat wrote:I'd be very happy to see Eliminate Down being reprinted.
Same. I put my request in for Eliminate Down yesterday.
I've got almost zero interest in reprints, but that's one that I'd definitely shell out for. I'm not sure what's up with the rights, though.

It was developed by Aprinet.

Aprinet were reorganized into Planning Office Wada (aka POW) in 1993.

Planning Office Wada was acquired & dissolved into VR-1 Japan in 1999.

VR-1 Japan was acquired by Pacific Century CyberWorks Japan K.K. in 2001.

Pacific Century CyberWorks Japan K.K then bought Jaleco and dissolved VR-1 into it in 2002.

Jaleco became independent from Pacific Cyberworks Japan K.K. in 2006, renamed Jaleco Holding.

Jaleco Holding's video game operations were spun off into a separate entity simply called Jaleco, while Jaleco Holding renamed themselves to Encom Holdings.

Jaleco was sold to Game Yarou in 2009.

Encom Holdings went out of business in 2013.

Game Yarou went bankrupt in 2014.

Somehow from there, the rights to Jaleco's IP ended up with

Dun

Dun

DUNNNN....

City Connection.

Unless Eliminate Down is owned by the original publisher Soft Vision, who if they still exist appear to now be an IT company. As a gaming concern they were an affiliate of Coconuts, who went bankrupt in 2002.

I'm guessing the situation is tough to sort since the game never appeared again in any form despite being exactly the type of game which should have been on the Wii Virtual Console, like titles such as Gleylancer were.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Yeah, good luck with Eliminate Down's rights. I'd ask for Slap Fight MD; they have already worked with Tatsujin anyway, so they can just call Yuge-san and be like hey dude we want Slap Fight MD and he'll probably be like hell yeah, let's do it!
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

Sengoku Strider wrote: Unless Eliminate Down is owned by the original publisher Soft Vision
I'm afraid that's the case here. Aprinet isn't mentioned in any copyright line in the whole package.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

Eliminate Down did get a re-release, of sorts, a year or so ago with that "Sega Hard Historia" Book by BEEP!. It contained a Windows emulation disc that included a digital copy of Eliminate Down. It also had a digital copy of Undeadline. So I think getting the rights are possible.
jehu

Post by jehu »

Steven wrote:Yeah, good luck with Eliminate Down's rights. I'd ask for Slap Fight MD; they have already worked with Tatsujin anyway, so they can just call Yuge-san and be like hey dude we want Slap Fight MD and he'll probably be like hell yeah, let's do it!
The issue would likely be with Tengen, right? Those Toaplan Mega Drive reissues were superb, but we didn't get Daisenpuu (sad), Grind Stormer (sadder), or Slap Fight MD (saddest). The latter two weren't handled by Toaplan, so I always assumed that was the reason why Slap Fight wasn't included.

Hell, even Wardner Mega Drive didn't make it into the latest M2 collection - presumably because Visco is intent on committing all sorts of satanic sins with their rights. (At least they took down that trailer for the upcoming 'Visco Collection' with footage of Arrow Flash as though it was Andro Dunos.)
Steven

Post by Steven »

jehu wrote:
Steven wrote:Yeah, good luck with Eliminate Down's rights. I'd ask for Slap Fight MD; they have already worked with Tatsujin anyway, so they can just call Yuge-san and be like hey dude we want Slap Fight MD and he'll probably be like hell yeah, let's do it!
The issue would likely be with Tengen, right? Those Toaplan Mega Drive reissues were superb, but we didn't get Daisenpuu (sad), Grind Stormer (sadder), or Slap Fight MD (saddest). The latter two weren't handled by Toaplan, so I always assumed that was the reason why Slap Fight wasn't included.

Hell, even Wardner Mega Drive didn't make it into the latest M2 collection - presumably because Visco is intent on committing all sorts of satanic sins with their rights. (At least they took down that trailer for the upcoming 'Visco Collection' with footage of Arrow Flash as though it was Andro Dunos.)
Tatsujin has the rights for Slap Fight MD; it's on the MD Mini, and they removed all Tengen text from the game on that version and the copyright info on the MD Mini's website has Tatsujin there. They even changed the box art to have Toaplan's logo instead of Tengen's, as well. It is also on Tatsujin's website on the Slap Fight page. The Space Invaders alien is gone on the MD Mini, replaced by a little nondescript white blob, but other than those, it's completely intact.
Bar81

Post by Bar81 »

cj iwakura wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:21 am
pablumatic wrote:You can now preorder the western release of Gleylancer for the Sega Genesis from Castlemania and Limited Run for a fairly reasonable $54.99.

https://castlemaniagames.com/collection ... -s-edition

https://limitedrungames.com/collections ... on-genesis

Way nicer(and more faithful) design than the other one before.
This is a really nice release. I saw a sealed one at my local retro shop, and the slip is embossed and just gorgeous. If I didn't have the original release, I would have picked it up.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

https://twitter.com/RetroBitGaming/stat ... 3761945778

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliminate_Down#Plot
Mankind has begun its space pioneering era as the 30th century is about to begin. However, an alien race known as the Amuleto appears out of a space distortion and travels toward the Earth. Its intentions prove hostile as human investigations are destroyed and the Amuleto space fleet grows. Mankind's best chance against the invaders is the Steel Pyron, a space fighter designed for multiple combat situations and warp drive jumping.
I think Retro-bit is going to publish Eliminate Down.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Eliminate Down is stupidly expensive, although surprisingly not all that hard to find locally considering its supposed rarity. Definitely worth buying this if you want a real copy, as it will most likely be about half of one percent of the price of an original copy.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

Strictly Limited Games spilled the beans first today. It is indeed Eliminate Down.

https://twitter.com/RealStrictlyLTD/sta ... 0155179013
Augemitbutter

Post by Augemitbutter »

everyone can keep their kidneys. Good times!
moonblood

Post by moonblood »

This is really great, never thought I'd own this again :) a purchase for sure.
It begins in deep space warped by evil power
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Putting Eliminate down in here isn't exposing it enough.

Can we have a separate thread for it?
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.