R-Type Final2

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Astro City II

Re: R-Type Final2

Post by Astro City II »

For our friends in Brasil, R-Type Final 2 is much less than half price in the Brasil Xbox marketplace.

79.95 Br/£12/$17

LINK

And I'm sat here waiting for a Kickstarter dl code.

Enjoy it!
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Sly Cherry Chunks wrote: The option to rename the game seems to be for lolz only.
2 Fast 2 Final
NAVVARR

Post by NAVVARR »

That's twice now the game has crashed at level 7.
Might be 7.1 or 7.2- not sure- your ship turns into a Bydo ship.
If you try to select a different craft the game crashes.

Very annoying indeed since you lose all your progress.
hoots mon- crivvens, help ma boab
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

The password for the R-9B Strider has been found:

https://twitter.com/bandana5656/status/ ... 98114?s=20

(Though contrary to the tweet, it needs to be entered in all lowercase.)
system11

Post by system11 »

I don't like stage 7 much at all, in space with the crappy bydo mutant ship. Whole stage full of big cannons which can't actually hit you, except for the ones that can. It feels like guesswork.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Astro City II

Post by Astro City II »

Another KS update about the homage stages...
Dear Backers,

We would like to inform you about the voucher code for the additional DLC that will be distributed as a bonus.

We are currently creating and preparing for the distribution of homage stages to the R-Type series.

You will receive a voucher code for a region that works with the game software you received as a reward.
Please note that the DLC will be available on a different date for each platform.

The voucher codes are currently being prepared for distribution and will be available on the Team R-Type Final 2 website as soon as they are ready. Thank you for your patience.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I haven't received any email or notification that my backer copy has shipped... Am I just supposed to wait for something to happen this weekend or am I supposed to reach out to Granzella's customer service?
SAM

Post by SAM »

I had just been playing R-Type Final 2, after buying the digital version from PlayStation Online Store for around US$41.

I origionally wish to buy a disc copy, but the game stores are selling it at US$62 for a Japanese version copy. Since it would have an English version, Accorrding to my eXsp he re-sell value wouldn't be high for Japanese version. So I decided to buy the cheaper digitial version.

The game is a great improvemnt over PS2 R-Type Final. The Stages are hard, but fair, and is well designed.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
Acer

Post by Acer »

Anyone know the resolution on the pro and one x?
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

Man, what time is this supposed to unlock? It's 1 in the afternoon right now. @-@
Acer

Post by Acer »

Unlocked now in the uk
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

I'm hearing that both digital and physical backers of the Kickstarter are receiving the Japanese version of the game and that the digital backers can't use the code in their U.S. region PSN accounts.
Astro City II

Post by Astro City II »

Would be good if shmup fans would transition to Xbox then you have no problems with regions/stores/dlc that and we need more physical numbers so the devs port everything to the format. It's honestly the best place to amass a collection in the digital age.

Season Pass info: £19.99|$19.99 (bit cheeky on the conversion) or individual prices of £6.99 for each set. LINK

DLC Set 1: Includes 2 new stages LINK
DLC Set 2: ??
DLC Set 3: ??
Purchase R-Type Final 2 Stage Pass and get DLC Set 1, 2, and 3 as they become available to download. All Stage Pass content will be available by late June 2021. If you purchase R-Type Final 2 Stage Pass, all future content that is part of this pass will be accessible in-game once it is available. R-Type Final 2 game required; sold separately.
I don't mind waiting for my main game Kickstarter code now considering we are getting the Season Pass as a free bonus.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

On the USA region Xbox Series X/S console, RTF2 initally boots up in Japanese but a simple language change to English is needed. No biggie. It finally unlocked at 10:00 am pst today as promised -- the wait is finally over. Running RTF2 on an Xbox Series S concole gives me the impression that it's running with a 30fps framerate -- I thought that it should at the very least run with a 60fps framerate (like it does with R-Type Delta on a psx console setup).

Is there any way to boost the framerate to 60fps with a XSS console setup?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
MJR

Post by MJR »

Still no download code, so I bought it on Steam and played to stage 3.0.. I kept dying few times because I could not read the scenery at first, but it was not a big issue. What did bother me was the nosedive graphics did on Stage 3.0, while Stage 1 looks pretty nice and Stage 2 was OK, the models and "textures" on stage 3 looked like it was made by interns :(

I hope the quality of graphics will pick up after that. No complaints about gameplay so far, though. Feels very solid.
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

This game is fucking hard.
MJR wrote: What did bother me was the nosedive graphics did on Stage 3.0, while Stage 1 looks pretty nice and Stage 2 was OK, the models and "textures" on stage 3 looked like it was made by interns :(
Yeah I noticed that! I thought I was nitpicking in my mind, but that stage starts out like a nice Tron-esque stage, but the instant the lights really come on, it looks like a fan game.
IDruggedShamu

Post by IDruggedShamu »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:Is there any way to boost the framerate to 60fps with a XSS console setup?
I'm playing on a XSX.. while the framrate is smoother on the XSX compared to the Switch, I still notice hitches. I haven't tried the PC or PS4 versions yet.

On the XSS or XSX, if the game itself supports FPS Boost, you need to highlight the game and press the Menu button, then go to Manage Games and Add-Ons, then select Compatibility Options. Unfortunately I'm unable to check and see if this game supports it at the moment.
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

Is the amount of resources/money you earn at the end of the stage difficulty based? I figure doing some score attack runs on R-Typer or higher might help to grind a bit. Hopefully we find out the rest of those passwords too.

Also, stage 6.1 is hell. I can also kind of see the jank in 3.0's design but the rest of the stages after that seem fine in terms of graphical quality. At least it's not Final 1's stage 3.0 in terms of pacing :lol:
<Aquas> EDMOND DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL TO SMOKE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF OPIUM
<Zeether> shoe failed college again <croikle> credit feed
IDruggedShamu

Post by IDruggedShamu »

Zeether wrote:Is the amount of resources/money you earn at the end of the stage difficulty based?
Earlier today I tested this on stage 1. Normal vs. R-Typer 3, the only significant increase I was able to note was in Rpt.. received ~500 in Normal vs. 1100 in R-Typer 3. All other resources gained were slightly higher but not by much. Not really sure if this was due to difficulty or just playing/score.

Does anyone know if the shop eventually restocks on resource packs?
MJR

Post by MJR »

XoPachi wrote:This game is fucking hard.
MJR wrote: What did bother me was the nosedive graphics did on Stage 3.0, while Stage 1 looks pretty nice and Stage 2 was OK, the models and "textures" on stage 3 looked like it was made by interns :(
Yeah I noticed that! I thought I was nitpicking in my mind, but that stage starts out like a nice Tron-esque stage, but the instant the lights really come on, it looks like a fan game.
Stage 4 again looks good actually! I wonder what happened with Stage 3. Graphically it looks really unfinished, more like early proto where someone was stacking simple boxes and cylinders together, and then had to texture them in panic two days before launch. R-type Final had that big ship level looking tons and tons better :/
Axelay

Post by Axelay »

Hey all im from the uk backed a digital.version and i cant see anything on the rytpe website or my email inbox am i doing some thing wrong? Any information would.be great
Arms installation complete Good luck
Samildanach

Post by Samildanach »

Axelay wrote:Hey all im from the uk backed a digital.version and i cant see anything on the rytpe website or my email inbox am i doing some thing wrong? Any information would.be great
Same here mate. The game is now live on the ps store but still no code on the Team R-type Website. Rather frustrating, but it looks like we will have to wait. One of their emails about digital good said there was going to be a delay:

"We would also like to apologize for the delay in the voucher code for Xbox, and Nintendo Switch/ PlayStation 4's voucher codes for North America and Europe regions.
It is taking some time for us to prepare the voucher codes, so we will let you know after April 30 as soon as they are ready.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."

Sadly my physical version is also delayed since I hadn't bothered entering my phone number into the website, and they only told me too late that they wouldn't be able to send it in time for release.

Oh well, I can continue to build the hype for myself.
system11

Post by system11 »

It's a little disappointing seeing the amount of frame drops on the PS4, I'm playing on PS5 and it doesnt drop any at all.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Axelay

Post by Axelay »

@samildanach thanks buddy.

Trying so hard to be patient this is killing me.

So excited i can hardly wait .

Grumble grumble grumble i will play delta while i wait.
Arms installation complete Good luck
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

Zeether wrote:Normal vs. R-Typer 3
So...
Care to fucking elaborate? :^)
VanillaLucia

Post by VanillaLucia »

As the game is now released, I am curious if anyone has figured out how the Backer perks work.

In my snooping around on the demo files I found data that was left around that wasn't used in the demo (dialogue and music) that I was worried would be a very big spoiler. But I noticed that if you go with the default name "Jade Ross" that the person who does talk to you seems to mention you by name. I am curious if this is just as easy for Backers to put in their name for their name to be called out during the launch sequence. I am not a backer but was very curious after seeing how many variations of the startup-sequence dialogue there was for these people.

In terms of the music itself I feel a bit mixed because I would have hoped for a stronger tribute to the games. The demo had music that definitely referenced a certain past game (the game is already revealed now but I'll still withhold from spoiling it) that really sounded like it deviates from R-Type Final 2's style but ends up as a weird mishmash of trying to stay close but also far from the original similarly to how R-Type Tactics II had arrangements from the older games that were similar. I really do like the music in R-Type Final 2 but it's jarring to me that so much of the stage music is so "empty" and ambient when the music outside of the gameplay feels much more engaging to me (like the Takeoff music which I feel definitely would have worked for a Stage 1 theme).
IDruggedShamu

Post by IDruggedShamu »

XoPachi wrote:
Zeether wrote:Normal vs. R-Typer 3
So...
Care to fucking elaborate? :^)
There are 2 additional difficulty levels beyond R-Typer :lol:
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

IDruggedShamu wrote:There are 2 additional difficulty levels beyond R-Typer :lol:

Bro, Bydo is killing me as it is...
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

system11 wrote:It's a little disappointing seeing the amount of frame drops on the PS4, I'm playing on PS5 and it doesnt drop any at all.
This is disappointing. Hopefully they can improve performance with a patch. I might need to return my copy on PS4 and get the Steam port
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

I like that stage 4 boss. Very interesting. That's exactly what I expect from an R-Type boss.