Dave_K. - 3,158,600 - 1-3 - Schwarz
Ed Oscuro

Re: Cyvern: The Dragon Weapons

Post by Ed Oscuro »

What do you need AF for?
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

The in-game autofire on the C button is about 15hz, so bumping that up to 30hz charges your banish shot faster when shooting large enemy up close. You can see NRKCFK uses this in his videos.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

So breaking the game, basically. :mrgreen:
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

Unless this tactic provokes a forum riot, I'm going on record as saying: Sounds cool.
now tighter than your sister
Inkvisitor

Post by Inkvisitor »

I'm back to this game for more. But overall havn't played it much. For a while there I thought I'll never beat boss on stage 2. And so here is my current top score.

Kasreyn - 1,766,140 - 1-3 - Ferious
luy

Post by luy »

MY NEW SCORE !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i41.tinypic.com/903iaa.png

Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Sorry to be an ass, but the world record is 29.837.260, maybe a picture is not enough proof for this score...
Or are you playing the Plus version?

:?
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

I doubt that's the Plus version, most likely he's playing on MAME.

luy is one hell of a good player, I wouldn't be surprised if that score is legit. But I don't think he knows how to record inps.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Well done Luy! :D

I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
luy

Post by luy »

me playing the (normal version)on mame ^^
okay ?
thanks for the words ruldra friend, I would rather be able to learn tips to save INP in my emulator ^ ^
grateful, ha check out my new record in the game blazingstar ^ ^
Thank you and stay with god ^ ^
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

Plasmo wrote:Sorry to be an ass, but the world record is 29.837.260, maybe a picture is not enough proof for this score...
Or are you playing the Plus version?

:?
I'd be more doubtful if it was the Plus version, namely where he got it from. I'm not the expert of the Plus version wherabouts but it seems to not be in distribution, period. Nobody seems to have information, or has shared any information so until such time there's no way it could be Plus I suspect.

It is an incredible score though, and seeing how it is better than the world record proof outside a screenshot would be nice. I wouldn't call for blood if not since luy appears to have the skills.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
Gemant

Post by Gemant »

Plus version is not emulated. And this photo is 100% from mame. Sorry, but for a official WR score (not supported by Arcadia because is mame replay), is necessary at least a wolfmame replay, photo only is not enough.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Is their a tutorial on making replays?
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

When I have time I will post my 1,511,625,730 DDP DOJ score. And I even will not post one single picture for proof this.
Do you believe me?
I guess no because I am X.
But if was I Y?
Pretty sure of Yes.
LOL!
Gemant

Post by Gemant »

Dale wrote:Is their a tutorial on making replays?
1. download wolfmame 106: http://wolfmame.marpirc.net/wolfmameplus-0106.exe

2. open mamep106gui-vc.exe

3. File--->Play and Record Input---->select a file to record (file name: cyvern)---->save.

the game start and play is recorded.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

When I have time I will post my 1,511,625,730 DDP DOJ score. And I even will not post one single picture for proof this.
Do you believe me?
I guess no because I am X.
But if was I Y?
Pretty sure of Yes.
LOL!
What's so funny about the fact, that building up a reputation first makes your scores more credible?
If SWY says he beat the DOJ world record,, I'd believe him even without proof pic or video. If it's just a random guy, I probably won't.

luy has posted some excellent scores here before, some of them with progress, some came out of the blue. He never had any WR score before, so I'd say this is a step beyond the level his other scores are and that demands at least a video proof. Doesn't have to be 29,9mill, around 27mill should do it.
I like chocolate milk

Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

luy isn't known around here but he's hardly just a 'random guy', he proved before that he can get some great scores in some games. During STGT he almost broke 5 mil in Thunder Dragon 2 after playing for 4 days on a cab without autofire. That's almost sikraiken levels of skill.

He's a good player but can't record his runs, either because he can't, doesn't know how or doesn't care. We'll never know since he's hard to talk to (at the other forum he hardly shows up as well). But disregarding his score even when he posted proofpic is unfair.

Didn't maxmultiplier get his Radilgy score accepted even though he had no videoproof and it was above the WR?
mastermx wrote:
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Didn't maxmultiplier get his Radilgy score accepted even though he had no videoproof and it was above the WR?
That was something different, because it's not a mode available in the arcade game, he *only* beat the run on the superplay DVD. Arcadia doesn't keep track of anything outside the arcade and so it's way easier to get WR scores in these special modes. (+ you don't even know if they are world record scores or not...). On top of that he talked about his score and most importantly about his score progression here a lot.
The prob with luy is that he rarely ever posts and then suddenly posts these crazy scores. At least a proper score progression would've made it more credible. Or some strategy talk maybe, some words on his 29mill credit, how long and often he plays the game etc etc. If someone can't make videos that's ok, I'm in the same boat, but there are surely other ways to make your scores more accepted.

However with world record scores I'd seriously need a video first to believe it, have to go with Gemant here.
He plays on Mame, where's the problem, recording an .inp shouldn't be too difficult? (and is explained above)

This is really one unfortunate situation, I hope luy doesn't feel offended and can try to record an .inp.
I like chocolate milk

Dale

Post by Dale »

Gemant wrote:
Dale wrote:Is their a tutorial on making replays?
1. download wolfmame 106: http://wolfmame.marpirc.net/wolfmameplus-0106.exe

2. open mamep106gui-vc.exe

3. File--->Play and Record Input---->select a file to record (file name: cyvern)---->save.

the game start and play is recorded.
Thanks man, I can start posting on Marp now.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Plasmo wrote:The prob with luy is that he rarely ever posts and then suddenly posts these crazy scores. At least a proper score progression would've made it more credible. Or some strategy talk maybe, some words on his 29mill credit, how long and often he plays the game etc etc. If someone can't make videos that's ok, I'm in the same boat, but there are surely other ways to make your scores more accepted.
Yes, I realize that his habit of posting a pic and leaving just like that is making him look suspicious. But he doesn't know english well, you can see that in his posts. Also, firestorm from namakoteam seems to act the same way, that's just how some people are.

I did ask him at the other forum if he knew how to record inps but he never answered. Like I said, he's hard to talk to, he tends to post something and then disappear. Me and shadowbringer offered some help to record a run, if he's interested we'll get it done. But it may not happen.

Feel free to ignore his score if that's what you want. But I can assure you that he's no cheater.

PS: About how long he plays the game: last year we made a Cyvern competition and he reached 2-3 with a 14 mil score. By then he mentioned that he played Cyvern for a long time.

PPS: Shatterhand mentioned during STGT that luy doesn't have a PC at home, so that may explain why he posts so little.
mastermx wrote:
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Did you meet luy in person? Are there any brazilian shmupmeets where he has participated?
For example, I've met firestorm several times and he doesn't have to show me his highscores, I know that he can get such scores just from talking to him or seeing him play one random credit on a shmup. It's not too difficult to tell if someone's a cheater.
I like chocolate milk

Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

I never met him in person, but I believe other members from Pelé Team have. When I joined the community he already was a trusted member and other people spoke highly of him.
mastermx wrote:
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Thanks very much for the information Ruldra. Neglecting his scores is the least thing I want to do and you definitely make it more credible, even if we won't get to watch a replay.
I like chocolate milk

shadowbringer

Post by shadowbringer »

I've seen him play Cyvern and Blazing Star (up to the 4th boss, and quite far, respectively -- forgot the stage number and I don't play Blazing Star :p). Of course, I do believe that he can do better :D (he's from another neighborhood, it seems that he plays there more. Now that the arcade where I've seen him play no longer has the multiple mame games arcade cab, at least for now, it'll be unlikely that I'll see him play here for a while)

This week, I've talked to him through msn, he was on a cyber cafe, and I gave him advice on how to record inputs (I think that he started using mame in pcs during STGT '09, because there wasn't a mame arcade cab that had RFJ). I've told him that he would have to know what mame version he was using, so other people would be able to run the input file. Then, the last thing I told him, is that if he had any questions, I would help. (then, the day after, or a couple days after, my ADSL router malfunctioned. Problem solved, I now have my internet back, and here I am..)
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

Shit, I take a brief vacation from here and oh my what is this I don't even
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

Okay, I've debated it with myself for a day, discussed it on IRC and I'm adding the score. I'm not getting into the whole internet witch hunt for .inp's/replays (I do express interest in seeing a replay by luy, but mainly as a fan of watching replays) because this isn't fucking MARP/Twin Galaxies/Arcade Extreme (no offense intended towards those groups). Plus I'm sure others here are going to bug him to death to get some sort of replay up. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt as I have with everyone who has posted in my score threads thus far.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

I decided not to add it to my WR scores list. Without further proof I can't add it, sorry. He had 21mill in december and after 3-4 months he posts a 29mill score. (AND he also got a crazy Blazing Star score within the same timespan)
Maybe we'll get to see a replay - I'll gladly accept his score then. As I said, around 27mill would be enough...
I like chocolate milk