Aleste is coming back?!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
xxx1993

Re: Aleste is coming back?!

Post by xxx1993 »

Been playing it on Special Mode lately.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

This collection is perfect for playing your Switch handheld. Looks great even on my Switch lite. And super addictive gameplay so far.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

professor ganson wrote:This collection is perfect for playing your Switch handheld. Looks great even on my Switch lite.
Yeah, they were all designed around a spec that was way lower resolution. The Game Gear was only 160 x 144, so I think the Lite is where they naturally look best, those sprites were never designed to cover a lot of real estate. Even with the Master System titles, back in the 1980s/early 90s 25 inch TVs were marketed as 'big screen.'
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Sengoku Strider wrote:
professor ganson wrote:This collection is perfect for playing your Switch handheld. Looks great even on my Switch lite.
Yeah, they were all designed around a spec that was way lower resolution. The Game Gear was only 160 x 144, so I think the Lite is where they naturally look best, those sprites were never designed to cover a lot of real estate. Even with the Master System titles, back in the 1980s/early 90s 25 inch TVs were marketed as 'big screen.'
Right-- I didn't give it much thought. Makes perfect sense that these are likely to look worse on a "better" screen.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

xxx1993 wrote:https://www.4gamer.net/games/640/G064058/20221208110/

What is happening on the 23rd?
M2 livestream, which they've already confirmed will include news about Aleste Branch, Toaplan Arcade Garage vol. 3, and Ubusuna.
See https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1601035643949568002, and a bit more discussion here.

I hope that means a home port of Aleste Branch, but we'll see.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Been waiting a long time for some updates.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

GG Aleste 3's ROM has been patched, and can be played on Emulators, OG Hardware, MiSTer, and Analogue Pocket.

I've been playing it on the Pocket, and I much prefer the smaller size. I really enjoyed the game, but playing it on a TV looked really wonky.
It looked better on the Switch undocked, but this is definitely closer to what it should look like (can't disable the slowdown, tho).
Bar81

Post by Bar81 »

evil_ash_xero wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:50 am GG Aleste 3's ROM has been patched, and can be played on Emulators, OG Hardware, MiSTer, and Analogue Pocket.

I've been playing it on the Pocket, and I much prefer the smaller size. I really enjoyed the game, but playing it on a TV looked really wonky.
It looked better on the Switch undocked, but this is definitely closer to what it should look like (can't disable the slowdown, tho).
Finally, amazing news. Can't wait to play it on a GG. Thanks for the heads up.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Bar81 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:23 pm
evil_ash_xero wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:50 am GG Aleste 3's ROM has been patched, and can be played on Emulators, OG Hardware, MiSTer, and Analogue Pocket.

Finally, amazing news. Can't wait to play it on a GG. Thanks for the heads up.
No problem. It's very recent news.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Doesn't matter to me, I already got the game for Christmas in 2021 and beat it. I WAS considering getting it on emulator, but I just couldn't afford to wait any longer.
segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan »

Amazing that we got GG Aleste 3 patched for real hardware:D Here is the real source for the patch:
https://www.smspower.org/forums/19697-GGAleste3
(SMSPower forums is fantastic btw, if you love 8 bit Sega)

The real question is: are we ever getting a home port of 戦刃アレスタ Senjin Aleste???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nu_7lMbKB8
Last edited by segasonicfan on Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
I design retro gaming add-ons and repair old consoles :)
My Website: Segasonicfan Designs http://www.segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

segasonicfan wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:50 am The real question is: are we ever getting a home port of 戦刃アレスタ Senjin Aleste???
I'm soo waiting for this port!
Have no clue
Wish we got an update or something
segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan »

yeah, Ive heard nohing...not even that there will be a home port... :(
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

segasonicfan wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:50 amThe real question is: are we ever getting a home port of 戦刃アレスタ Senjin Aleste???
Whatever the hell happened to this game, anyway?
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I didn't even know that existed.
B0SSCAT

Post by B0SSCAT »

I can't wait to play/speedrun Senjin Aleste. Hopefully a PC port at least will be revealed soon.
blazinglazers69

Post by blazinglazers69 »

Just a quick note for anyone looking to emulate GG Aleste 3 who wants to get rid of the slowdown like in the M2 version: a lot of Retroarch cores have a CPU overclocking option.

For the Genesis Plus GX core just go Quick Menu > Options > CPU speed and set it to 200%.
gradiusscrub69

Post by gradiusscrub69 »

blazinglazers69 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:11 pm Just a quick note for anyone looking to emulate GG Aleste 3 who wants to get rid of the slowdown like in the M2 version: a lot of Retroarch cores have a CPU overclocking option.

For the Genesis Plus GX core just go Quick Menu > Options > CPU speed and set it to 200%.
I had no idea that was possible. thank you. I've mostly sticked to directly emulating the switch version because I really like the m2 gadgets :shock:
blazinglazers69

Post by blazinglazers69 »

gradiusscrub69 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:30 am
blazinglazers69 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:11 pm Just a quick note for anyone looking to emulate GG Aleste 3 who wants to get rid of the slowdown like in the M2 version: a lot of Retroarch cores have a CPU overclocking option.

I had no idea that was possible. thank you. I've mostly sticked to directly emulating the switch version because I really like the m2 gadgets :shock:
You're very welcome. Although Retroarch can be a pain when it comes to mapping controls, the learning curve for using it is worth it. You never need to look for overclock romhacks anymore with that feature. Also, for Lords of Thunder I was able to adjust the music level since the sound effects overpowered it originally. Not to mention all the shaders and Run Ahead. I scoff at lazy ports that aren't up to M2's standard since most of them are not nearly as good as Retroarch, which is free.
segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan »

evil_ash_xero wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:18 am I didn't even know that existed.
Yeah, it has really flown under the radar (I don't know why??) It looks amazing and we need to get it released to the home systems somehow!
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Has Senjin Aleste been released for any of the gaming consoles yet?

Same above question applied towards Aleste Branch as well.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
ryu

Post by ryu »

I was looking for Senjin just recently and it doesn't seem to have seen a console release yet. Branch is set for a release sometime this year.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:27 pm Has Senjin Aleste been released for any of the gaming consoles yet?

Same above question applied towards Aleste Branch as well.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
No. Nothing for Senjin/Senxin, unfortunately.
gray117

Post by gray117 »

Didn't m2 say something strange like we'd only console release it if we did something more to it?

... To me it sounded a bit like a 'please understand...' kind of thing ... we'd like to, but the answer is no - either because we can't without changing it, or we're not allowed to....
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I don't remember. And I don't know why they would.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

gray117 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:34 pm Didn't m2 say something strange like we'd only console release it if we did something more to it?

... To me it sounded a bit like a 'please understand...' kind of thing ... we'd like to, but the answer is no - either because we can't without changing it, or we're not allowed to....
Yes I also remember that being relayed here in a post somewhere.
At the time I took it to mean they wouldn't release it as a simple arcade port, but would expand and add to it for a home release. At the very least I'd figure they'd give it the ol' Shot Triggers treatment with gadgets and such.